Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to laugh when I read your reply! You would not know the amount of time I thought about posting a thread about being an emotional wreck. I finally got to the point where I decided, "Well, if people think I'm being a baby or they don't care, then I won't really lose anything, plus they wont' know who I am."

Thanks for the encouraging words. I would LOVE to go to a support group, and wish that I could go to one through the hospital I had my surgery at. But, I live several hours away, and can't make it to the meetings. :mad2:

I was thinking about maybe going to Weight Watchers meetings just to meet with other people trying to change their lifestyles.

Thanks again for your kindness!

You've only been banded a couple of weeks! Take it easy on yourself. Yes, it IS a rollercoaster of emotions, but you will adjust before much longer.

One thing you can do is look up WLS Centers in your area. Talk to them about attending the support group meetings close to you. I have the same problem. The closest support group is 1-1/2 hours away. So, I spend alot of time on lapbandtalk. This is my support group...and I love it!

Be patient with yourself. It will all get better. I wish you all the best!

I hear ya on the emotions. My husband had to leave 1 week post op for me (9/2 surg.) for an out of state job for 2 months and I live WAY out of the city so too far on a work night to see freinds. I've been feeling a bit blue and getting out to work out and such but I'm not feeling very engaged in things and am sure it's being alone and also maybe a bit anti climatic on the surgery. It's this huge anticpated event and even though logically I did not expect an immediate change... maybe somehow I thought I would feel different? I go back to work the day after tommorow and I do think being around people will help. I have a stressful job too but I am putting some little Zen inspired notes around my cube to keep me from letting it both get to me and also to make sure I don't get sucked into 10 hour days right away.

Do you have an inperson support group as well? I have 1 but it's late and far so not home til 9pm when I go so have not made it the last 2 months but I'm making that a priority. There is only 1 other lapband person in my group but it still helps.:mad2:

Hi! I got banded on 9-4-09, and this has been a bit harder than I anticipated. Emotionally, I'm up and down, and I just feel like I can't get my emotions under control. I think initially, I was feeling really overwhelmed with this decision, but when I decided to go ahead with the surgery, I felt like I understood the commitment. Now that I'm banded, I realize how much harder the lifestyle changes are than what I anticipated.

I am following the plan (or at least I think I am). But, if I mess up and eat too big of a portion, I just feel so guilty and get upset at myself. Or other things like that. I understand that this is a huge learning process, and I'm not going to get everything right the first time, but I just feel like I'm being too hard on myself.

Also, another component of feeling overwhelmed emotionally is that since being banded, I've been at my parents house (I'm only 25) recovering. Today I had to come back to my own apartment which is in a different town. I live alone, work a really emotionally difficult job, and haven't made any friends. I think that I'm just feeling really alone...

Anyway, just was posting this to see if anyone else has felt like they are on an emotional rollercoaster after being banded, or if anyone else is alone and trying to do it with no one's help.

Thanks for your thoughts/support!!

I am about a week ahead of you, and I doubt there is anything you have done or felt that I haven't. Like you, my road to get to the actual surgery was LONG, about 8 months. By the time I actually got the insurance approval, I was 100% on board. Well, I just didn't anticipate the problems I have had. Now I am almost 3 weeks into the band. I have been extremely sick for the first week. They took all the Fluid out of the band and put me on another week of Clear liquids. I felt better right away, but I had to stay on another week of Clear Liquids anyway. Yesterday, I spent FOUR hours at the surgeons office trying to get them to put the Fluid back in that they had taken out 2 weeks prior. They finally agreed. they put back half of what they took out and put me back on clear liquids. I have 1.5 cc in a 10 cc band. It does ZERO to prevent hunger. ZERO. From what they told me, I continue on with this liquid diet for 2 more weeks and they will decide how much more fluid to put in the band. I am just mentally fried. I am constantly starving. I had to leave church on Sunday because my stomach was growling so bad that people were starting to look around. I have not cheated on the diet; however, it leaves me to wonder "why did I have to have surgery to live on liquids and starve?" I am desperately trying to not make any decisions or form in lasting opinions at this point. I have lost 35 pounds! It doesn't really make me feel better though. Something about being hungry round the clock that clouds your judgement! LOL I just have a hard time believing that it is supposed to be this hard. I feel for you. I really do. I hope you get some great advice...because I am going to use it too!

B9409- Im so glad you started this thread. I feel so much better after reading everything..... I like you am single (my boyfriend lives back home 12 hours away along with my family) Im in school in st. louis MO an they are in NC. So when I came back and was just in my place I felt so lonley and couldnt believe what a bad decision I made. I didnt tell anyone about the surgery but family so I had no one here. To top it off the week I got back I had National Boards for my profession and I was trying to balance stress, boards, new eating habits and no family to help me. My mom keeps calling me bc she is so worried bc I just went into depressed mode when I got back here. I just kept feeling like there was something wrong with me bc I was not extremly happy about my decision. Im so glad to hear this is normal. Not to mention the thing about eating a TON less and Im not lossing any weight. I actually even gained weight. Im eating less than 800 calories a day so I have been to say the least depressed. But after reading what ppl said Im SSSOO happy to hear that it is completley normal. I thought surley I would be one of those ppl who lost the weight so fast and had no mental issues along the way but now see that I will.... and lot my friend food too! So, its time to make new friends!

Thanks again for your post!!!