Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wedding ring: new or resized?

My wedding ring is getting very loose on my hand. I have to wash my hands several times a day due to my job & I'm constantly scared I'm going to lose it. I can get a chain & put it on that but I know I'll miss a ring on my finger.

Part of me would love to get a new ring as a sign of a true physical new beginning. However, I'm really torn & part of me would like to get my current ring resized.

So, I'm curious. If you lost enough weight that your wedding ring didn't fit anymore did you get it resized or get a new one? Thanks!

I just started my weight loss journey but just a thought . . . maybe you could use your original diamond(s) and get a refreshed/updated ring. My SIL just did that and it looks great :tongue2:

Hi:

You could get a ring guard put on your wedding ring until you get to your final size. Then, resize what you have and maybe get a special ring for your other hand to Celebrate your tremendous weight loss!

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

I went to Zales and got a ring guard, they put it on for me, and I wore that for about a year. then it got to the point that I HAD to get my ring resized. It went from a tight size 8.5 to a loose 6. Its been another year and I could probably go down .5 of a size right now. I'm just waiting to see if I can drop these last freaking 20-25 lbs

Whatever you decide to do, wait til goal weight.

For myself, I will always want my original wedding ring. I really love the design. Over the years (married over 18 / together 23 yrs), I have had my ring sized up as my weight went up. A couple years ago I refused to make it any bigger. I would just make myself smaller! yea right, that did not work. Now that I have been banded, I try on my ring weekly. It is still a little tight for comfort. When it gets loose, I will get a ring guard and size it down at goal!

If you don't like the design of your ring, get a new one at goal as a big treat for your success!

I'm not banded yet, but when I lost weight a couple years ago I bought a plain band to wear until I reached my goal weight, which I'm of course still waiting on :) I bought my titanium band off Ebay for around $25.

I've had mine resized twice, but it needs it again. I was looking at it and thinking i'd like a new one, lol, I no longer wear any yellow gold apart from my wedding and engagement ring and it no longer sits well with my other jewellery which is all of way different style.

My taste has changed a lot in the 20 years since I got married.

I've decided that as a present to myself when I land my first graduate teaching job, I'm going to get them entirely reset (I already had that done once too) in white gold, something really modern. That way they're still my diamonds, not an entirely new ring.

My wedding ring is getting very loose on my hand. I have to wash my hands several times a day due to my job & I'm constantly scared I'm going to lose it. I can get a chain & put it on that but I know I'll miss a ring on my finger.

Part of me would love to get a new ring as a sign of a true physical new beginning. However, I'm really torn & part of me would like to get my current ring resized.

So, I'm curious. If you lost enough weight that your wedding ring didn't fit anymore did you get it resized or get a new one? Thanks!

OMG I know EXACTLY what you're going through! My husband got me a custom made mother's ring when my 2nd son was born, and it and it wedding ring are always on my hand..always. My rings were so loose I DID lose them once!! Thankfully, my little one was close enough to the floor, and I noticed it early enough to recover it..WHEW!

I don't know about you but my rings mean so much more than the materials it took to make them. I would never even consider getting different rings..new beginnings or not. Without the love and support of my husband and kids, this "new beginning" wouldn't be worth a darn thing! My rings signify their love, and I love them.

I had my rings resized (FINALLY!) @ Zales for $25 each.

My wedding ring went from a 6.5 to a 5.25

and my mother's ring (pinkie finger) went from a 3.5 to a 2!

I LOVE the way they fit now, and don't have to worry about losing them. If you call the jewelry store you can find out when someone will be on site doing sizing adjustments, that way you don't have to send it off site (scared me). Mine took less than 90 mins for both! Good luck!