Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for already banders or soon to be in the Houston/Cypress area!

Hey all,,, I was hoping to find some banders in the Houston/Cypress area that are already banders or that may be getting banded very soon. My proposed date will be around the end of October. I'm waiting on my insurance to send my approval letter which is due in about 2 weeks. Cigna can take up to 45 days but Dr. Wagoners office says they have only been taking 30,,, sooooooo,,I'm getting excited:thumbup:,nervous:confused: and all sort of other emotions, lol:-) It would be great to have someone close that is going through the same thing,,, perhaps even get a local support group together and meet ever so often to talk about our experiences. Hope to chat with someone soon:-)

I will be banded on 9/22. I am in the Houston/Katy area. I am using Dr Bonnor. My process has been pretty fast, I saw Dr Bonnor last month and my surgery is next week. I am excited...and a little scared. Let me know when you get a date.

We live in the Tomball area. My husband just got approved through CIGNA after a long wait, but we don't have a date yet. He is seeing Dr. Turnquest. I think I'm more nervous than he is!

Hey to you both:-) Glad to know someone so close:-) Dustmouse,,, how long did Cigna take to send the approval?

Susan 0978,,, you are only 2 days away!!! Congrats!!! I will keep you in my prayers that all goes smooth:thumbup:

I'm still waiting,,, no letter yet,,, I keep telling myself I should start a very low cal diet to get myself started,,, but then I get that crazy mentality that,,, "O, this might be the last time I get to eat ALL my enchiladas" Crazy hu, lol

Look forward to hearing more from yall!

I know...only 2 days...yikes!!! I have been on a low carb diet the last 2 weeks but tomorrow I am going to go have a cheeseburger. I am getting nervous, but I am so ready to get this party started! Have you already done your pre-surgery procedures, sleep study, EGD etc?

You go girl,,,:biggrin: Go for that cheeseburger. From what I read,,, it's going to be a bumpy road for a few weeks after surgery, so splurge:-) I'm sure I will do the same thing, lol

My doctor says I don't have to do the sleep study. He said that if I had a history of sleep trouble then he would ask for it,,, he also said no upper gi and I know a lot have to do that. I will have blood work and stuff like that.

I did the 6 doctor appointments for 6 months, diatitian and psyc doc and a letter of need from my doctor before Dr. Wagoner's office would send in paperwork to Cigna. It's strange how so many doctor's require different things,,, makes me wonder if I wish he would require it,,, I'm terrified of being put to sleep, strange hu, lol,,,, all the stuff they are going to do to my tummy and the recovery pain stuff, and I'm worried about being put to sleep, lol

Do you work? If so, how long have you taken off work? I'm hoping that a week will be ok,,, not to be completely recovered, but to be able to get around and drive.

My doctor's office told me that my insurance would require the 6 months of weight mgmt but I called them and they told me that my policy did not require that. So I did all the tests the doctor required and within 1 month and 1 week of starting I am having my surgery. I'm glad it didn't take the 6 months because I was laid off my job and I am now on my Cobra insurance. So I am not working now, a friend of mine only took a week off.

I am not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.36_1_7.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZCxdm450YYUS

It will be hard I'm sure,,, but just think about all those diets that we all get on,,, some of them are horrible and we stick with them only to loose a few pounds and gain them back,,, darn fat cells,,, just laying in wait for you to eat again, lol

Just keep the thoughts of Christmas coming and getting to buy a smaller outfit,,, and then next spring and summer when we will all be wearing nice cool and cute shorts and tops!!! That will be the thing keeping me going,,, along with being thinner and more energetic to keep up with my little ones, lol:-)

I know... I am looking forward to getting off some of my meds and keeping up with my grandsons. Just praying for the strength to get past the next few weeks.

Have you never been put to sleep before??? that is the easy part!

hi girls,

just wanted to wish you all luck as you start your journey....it is the best decision i ever made in my life.

dont worry about pre-diets unless doctor-ordered. as soon as you are banded you will get on a plan soon enough.

also i thought i wouldnt be able to eat certain things after be banded...not true. so no need to "get it all in" beforehand. the day before i was banded i walked around target saying "goodbye" to peeps, twizzlers, etc. the funny thing is...i can eat these now....but really dont want them anymore. my tastes have changed.

anyway best of luck

josie

Nope, never been put to sleep, ,, silly that it worries me hu, lol. I've heard people say their taste change after the band,,, I wonder why? I wish mine would change and I would just totally hate chocolate and bread, lol

Don't worry about that part, that is the easy part for sure. Hmmm intersting about your tastes changing, haven't heard that. Well this is my last evening, I did go for my cheeseburger today at Clay's restaurant, have you been there?

Clays,,, that sounds so familiar,,, is there one somewhere in Spring,,, or use to be? If I remember right,,, they had GREAT cheeseburgers!

Well girl,,, this time tomorrow you will be on your way to a new you! I have a friend that is worried I might change afterward's,,, I told her I plan on it,,, I plan on changing right into those smaller clothes, lol:-)

I'll keep you in my prayers tonight and tomorrow,,, enjoy that burger!

Clay's is on Clay Road btwn Hwy 6 and Barker Cypress. They have a place for kids to feed and pet horse's. cows, goats chickens, peacock's etc...and lot's of play space for the kiddo's. But the burgers are good and I enjoyed mine today. ( :

I just spoke to Cigna and I have my approval!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! :thumbdown: I called my doc's office so we can get this thing movin, lol:-)

My thoughts are with you susan 0978,,, I'm sure you are out of surgery now and recovering quite nicely:-)