Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14th day of clear liquids post op...

Some of these doctors go overboard!!!!! I did ZERO days of Clear liquids. I had full liquids then started mushies on day 8. I never got sick, belched, or had any issues. Make yourself a shake and enjoy it. You should NOT have had to go through that....

Not everyone will have issues (right away) if they do not follow doctor's orders. But it is still very important that we all do it anyway. The reason for Clear Liquids is to allow the stomach time to DO NOTHING while the tissue is healing/getting used to the band. In the long run, it helps the band stay in place.

I think none of us can say how long the clear liquids are really necessary -- my doc has me on clear liquids for 5 days -- then two days of full liquids, so that it isnt such a shock on the stomach to go from next to nothing to regular food again.

If weight loss was easy, none of us would be here. THe Lap-band will make it eas-ier, but not if we take advantage of it. I dont know about you, but I am a single mom on a really restricted budget. My family paid for this. I am not going to let them down by questioning doctors orders. I am not going to let my children down - they need their mom. And I am not going to let ME down. My kids are going to be grown before I know it and I deserve to have this time for me.

Its not a crime to report to your Dr Staff how you are feeling. I am sure that they don't what you to fall out or anything. Are you taking a vitiam supplment

ok, i'm hating this whole thing! I'm actually wishing I hadn't gotten this thing. I love food. Today is my third day post op on clear liquids. I want to eat everything I see. I can't imagine a life without food! How did you all get through this?

ok, i'm hating this whole thing! I'm actually wishing I hadn't gotten this thing. I love food. Today is my third day post op on clear liquids. I want to eat everything I see. I can't imagine a life without food! How did you all get through this?

One day at a time - seriously. Stay busy. I was banded on October 5. Mostly, I haven't wanted anything more. Coming home to sick kids, well, that was a diversion. I did the countdown.... day 5 is today. Today is the first I have wanted other foods. But I kept telling myself that I just have to have broth for one more meal... I can have cream of wheat in the morning and what a feast that is going to be!!

I also tried to meet whatever need I felt... hungry=broth. Real food=Jello. sweet -- or blood sugar control=juice.

And truth be told -- I am not sure about taking my food and putting it through a blender, so I am thinking that full liquids might even be preferable to pureed. :thumbup: