Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Folkies...the statue of limitations is usually three years but they can go back to prior years if their is a smell of fraud

on a good note

Since, the IRS is computerized they do check for people claiming a dependent (in this case,,,, the child) on more that one return

that is one thing they find quickly...years ago, the IRS keyed in your return..now most of the country e-files

IF you get a discrepancy notice because another person claimed the dependent,,,,answer the response ASAP and they will take action ... against the other person

It happens alot where people actually have put on their tax return a wrong social security number... thats why it is important to take care of a descrepancey right away.

When you answer the IRS it sort of freezes further action..becuase you are putting them on notice that you see the problem and that you are not a fly by night. Then they will definitely help you with the situation. DEPENDING on the situation..there are timely reponses but they will tell you..or check out the site.. but always repeat alway respond asap or run to your tax preparer and (s)he will take care of it...ask for a copy of the letter they send..to guarentee it was sent

and keep a log of everything you did once you received the notice...no joke .... you have to keep copies of your personal items..especially old forms..

do not belive me...think of all the Madoff folks who did not save their old returns......... i

Edited by jollygreen1955

I agree with Laura, ASAP anything with the IRS. About 15 years ago we had a discrepancy on our return. I contacted them immediately and they worked with us to get it resolved and worked out a payment plan. They knew we were good for it and was willing to take care of it.

Home from work and getting groceries for my sister. Stopped by a friends house that is on the Christmas tour this year, she wanted someone to stop by to critic the decorations. I just love her home and now even more. it's soooo pretty.

Now I have to go back into work. The other lady called and wanted to know if I could trade tonight for my Thursday night shift. That's fine with me. Thursday night is our Women's Ministry Christmas party and I didn't want to miss it.

Sun is shining here but the winds are bitter. My knees are telling me that winter is here now.

Home from work and school. Very tired so I'm headed to bed. Have to be up at 4:30am.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Hi!

Jen, I hope today went wonderfully well!

Nice, quiet Thanksgiving/weekend. Today we started cleaning and re-arranging the living room to get the tree in. Not sure when we'll get the tree.

Saturday was my 22nd wedding anniversary. DH was at work and we haven't decided if we're doing anything or not! LOL! See what happens when you get lazy! :rolleyes:

Been MIA b/c I'm working on 2 laprobes for the Vets program. the gal who takes care of it for our area is short on donations of blankets so I'm trying to get 2 knocked out by the 12th. Went and got more yarn today to s tart another one. I don't have enough yarn for the one I started, it's on order, so thought I'd get the other one done while I'm waiting for the other yarn.

Better get back to it! Talk to y'all later!

Hi all

drive by post

running late, have to leave in 15 mins... lol

yest went well, was exhausted last night, had to go to a tastefullysimple party and came home and passed out!

I'll check in tonight, promise. going to gym on my way home and not leaving, going to bed very early

xoxoxoxo

Good morning ladies~Day 1 back on the wagon is complete :rolleyes:

It is a rainy cold morning and after dh brings the girls to school we are gonna go back to bed and hibernate. :)

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great day.

PS...Laura, thanks for the advice!

Yeah Tracy.....uh huh.....sure.....we believe you......

No kids, husband home.......but if you wanna call it hibernating, I won't say anything!!! LOL

Both new grandsons stockings are done, and now I am working on a wreath. I might not get it done for this year but that's ok. I have a huge---like 4.5 - 5 foot tall felt stitched Santa I made several years ago, he hangs on the back of my front door, he is big and puffy, and the kids love him, he is bigger than they are! Well the wreath has the same santa face, in a wreath full of holly leaves, and candy canes. I use the inside of the door leading out to display my Christmas cards, but want him to put on it, it goes along with the rest of the decor. Oddly enough they are the only Santas the rest of my stuff is snowmen.

Today I am taking all 6 grandkids (Moms will be along to help---I am NOT crazy) to get pictures made. I am only going to Walmart, they are too hard to get to do well with the age differences. I am going to ask the woman if she will let me snap a pic with my camera while they are all sitting together. I plan on buying pictures---but they don't come in the size I need. The Christmas card things I got have a place for a 4X6 picture---going with the 6" across. None of the pictures in the package from the studio will be the right size.....I doubt she will allow it....but I am going to make her tell me no! LOL Then we will leave, find someplace nearby, and try to get them all to sit again! Wish me luck. We are ranging in age from 9 to 4 months!

I have a headache from hell this morning. I think it is sinus pressure, because everytime I move it throbs. If I stay still it eases.

I do not have an option to stay still, I am headed out to help my Dad put down carpet. I am a glutton for punishment.

Glutton being the key word---it is good exercise, gets me away from snacking. Which is why I am sewing again---keeps my hands busy!!!

Will check in later....everyone have a good day!

My area is a mess

The President is at West Point :tongue:

In our county they murdered a teacher on Sunday and now they have a manhunt in the adjacent village......OMG... they have cannine dogs from three counties :wub::smile:

Last night...I said they better not cancel my BIGGEST LOSER, when the President has his speech..NOW... My friend called to stay off the roads...........:blink::crying:

That is why I do not want the 9/11 creeps in this country for their trial..........

When the A US PResident has been at West Point.. we know.. and I am not near West Point.. the highways have loads of police ...

BTW..... West Point is remarkable .... and that is an understatement!!

Wish I was hibernating (lol).

Just got back from taking nephew to the credit union to get the car taken care of. He told us he got fired from his job the other day. Well, at the CU the guy at the next window knows my nephew and says "Dude, I hear you quit Zarda's". My nephew says, "Yeah, it wasn't working out". I didn't even try talking to him right now, I'm not in the best frame of mind to do that. I'm just furious with him over so many things.

My GrandNiece is supposed to come over tonight and go with me to the Mayor's Christmas tree lighting. It starts at 5:30. I hope we are there in time. Her mom is known for being late.

Day 2 of trying to do the WW thing again. I haven't rejoined, I'm just trying to do the diet. So far so good. If I stay on track and make progress I just may join back up. However, I did check and it will be $39.00 a month. Yikes. I'll think about it.

Think I'll take a little nappy.

Helloooooo!! Hey gals, kinda a little drive-by post here..

I know it's been a few days but I just kinda needed some time AFK....KWIM? :tongue: Anyway I just needed a little breather but I'm slowly making my way back into the thread here.

Glad everyone had a good Thanksgiving!! I did, it was really nice. Ah, maybe a little too nice. I gained 5 Lbs!! :blink::eek: Well I've been taking Jillian Michaels detox pills and they are doing okay. However all the sweet carbs I've been eating has left my belly bloated. Ugh.

I really need to watch myself because I can gain 5 Lbs overnight but it takes me at least a week to let it go! Not fair. :wub:

I'm going to bump up my walking so I think that might help some. Mon - 1 mile.. Tue - 2 miles.. Wed - 3 miles and Thurs - 4 miles. That's 10 miles per week! I hope that helps some!

Ok, with the carbs though. Why can't I just leave them alone??? Why oh WHY!!!!???? I'm so sad.

Anyway, I hope everyone else does better than me with getting back on track! :smile:

Hey all!

what is happening? I'm just settling in. I'm exhausted and cranky and don't have much of a sense of humor. It's freezing here and I'm stuffed and depressed. Was way up, and this am down 2, but feel bloated and like I could eat a box of gas-x.

Love my job, hate the chairs in the kitchen. Had lunch and wanted to die, had the worst gas pains and hard to choke down lunch. We are not allowed to eat at our desk so this might be a problem. I won't be eating lunch there at this rate, so I got an adkins bar 18g Protein and i'll have a shake on my way into work in the morning i don't know what else to do but I've been throwing up for 2 days.

Ok off to get something done

xoxoxo

Hey all!

what is happening? I'm just settling in. I'm exhausted and cranky and don't have much of a sense of humor. It's freezing here and I'm stuffed and depressed. Was way up, and this am down 2, but feel bloated and like I could eat a box of gas-x.

Love my job, hate the chairs in the kitchen. Had lunch and wanted to die, had the worst gas pains and hard to choke down lunch. We are not allowed to eat at our desk so this might be a problem. I won't be eating lunch there at this rate, so I got an adkins bar 18g Protein and i'll have a shake on my way into work in the morning i don't know what else to do but I've been throwing up for 2 days.

Ok off to get something done

xoxoxo

Maybe a more liquidy lunch like Soup, might work! Part of it is the tension. When I had an assignment outside of the home...I COULD NOT HOLD DOWN LUNCH. I really understand!!!

Suzie-

WE all have family like that...... welcome to the group. As for the WW, their is an excellent thread for WW. On the thread listed, is an online site is for WW. You are so busy..how do you find the time?

Laura

Morning.

Sitting here waiting for hubby to get home from the gym. He woke me up to go with him, but I didn't sleep real good last night and decided not to go with him. But I have to get ready to go out anyway. We need to take the truck in to have some work done on it.

Sometime today I will take a quick 20 minute nap. I just have so much on my mind. Like calling the Doc's office and seeing if I can get the results of the Cat-scan. I still have that hanging over my head.

Cold here today. Only supposed to get up to 36 degrees. That means lots of layers for me.

Did I mention that yesterday we got all the Christmas stuff out and I decorated the house. It looks so cute. We haven't decorated this soon in over 15 years. We usually wait till about 2 weeks before but the weather is turning cold and we wanted to get it done before we have to bundle up good to go out and do it.

Have a great day.

Good morning friends~

Kat-well my hibernating plans did not work out. Errands we had to do that took way too long. Then before we knew it we had to go get the girls from school. But, today looks promising for a nap. :P My mom tried to take a pic of us 4 kids on the couch. Ages 2, 6, 8 & 10. LOL, she took about 5 or 6 pictures and she finally gave up. So, best of luck to you! I have been re-teaching myself to sew. It has been since high school. So far, so good. My mom used to be a seamstress when I was little. She had lots of customers. She did an entire wedding once. She is quite good! I hope it runs in the family.

Laura-did you get to watch the bigest loser? Dont forget to vote! Who would you like to see win? I would love for almost any of them to win, so I am happy.

Suz-Im sorry that your nephew is acting the way he is. I know how tough it is. How was the Christmas tree lighting? I'll bet your neice loved it!

Irene-so what do those letters stand for young lady? lol Yes, curiosity kills the cat. MEOW :nono:. I gained about 7 (or more). You know what, we have the same struggles but you are doing fantastic. Hold your head high, ok?!

Jenn-I am so sorry that you are sick and sad. :smile2: ((((hugs)))) sista!

Day 3 of trying to be a good girl. I havent weighed yet. I am still too scared. So, one morning I will wake up and feel lighter and think, this is the day I need to weigh. When that day comes, I will let ya'll know. Until then, I am doing damage control. Pray for me please.

Today my dad would have turned 76. I miss him so much.

Have you ever noticed that people on TV never lock their doors when they leave the house? Just a random thought. :tongue2:

Have a fantastic day ladies.