Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Good morning---for another few minutes!

Michelle--so glad you let us know all was well---rest, relax, do nothing for a few days and heal! Check in when you can.

Ever have one of "those" days? Mine was ok yesterday morning, and went downhill, to a point Rick and I eventually found humor in my idiocy!

I went out and decided to start mowing, before he got home. Was finishing up the front yard, was on the side, and stepped back, next to a brick flower bed, and I guess I misjudged it, and I fell---into the flower bed. I tried using the lawnmower to counterbalance myself, to no avail, and did not have time or the intelligent thought to let go of the damn thing, and almost rolled it right on top of me----still running! I hit my head on the sidewalk---didn't really hurt anything but my pride, because sure as hell, just as I fell, Rick pulled up!!! He freaked, took over the mowing....we moved on the back yard---I made him let me mow for a bit back there, and I hit something saw it fly off---was black---so I went to check it out---it was the gas cap off of the lawnmower! It fell off and I run over it! $25.00 kaching!!! Vented gas caps are not cheap btw!

We come in, I sat down in my chair, and my watch fell off--slid down the side of the chair---we could not get it unhooked from the springs---finally about the 3rd time turning the chair over it fell free. I went into the kitchen to get some salad ready to go with dinner, and opened the fridge, and the carton of cottage cheese fell out, popped off the lid and cottage cheese went everywhere! I was ready to lose it! LOL

Rick kept telling me to stay away from him! Finally we laughed. But I would go to sit my glasses on the table, and they would fall off. I picked up a cookie to eat (I know Cookies again) I bit into it, the other half fell off and hit the ground. TONS of little things....but they happened all evening long! LOL

Hopefully I have broke the curse!

I have no support group. The Dr. I see in CO offers them, but they are 6 hours away one direction. I know several banded people, but none are interested in a support group, they all prefer to keep their surgeries quiet.....so.....I have no group available.

I do better with summer. A grilled meat of some sort and a salad is fine with us. I don't feel the need for comfort food and cozy crock pot meals in the summer. We can make salad a meal....and Rick is SO easy with food, if I don't want to cook, he has no issue with grazing the fridge, or even eating a bowl of Cereal. I feel the need to do more since I am no longer working.

Tracy---good for you! I know you love Frank and want to keep peace, but you have to stay true to you too. If keeping the kids on occasion makes you happy, and is not interfering with family time---I don't see an issue either. Maybe he is concerned she will try to talk you into full time again. I know that was not a good thing.

Well I am off to find something for lunch, then going to clean for awhile, and then go sit in the back yard and soak up some Vitamin D---it looks sooooooo nice out there bright green grass, freshly mowed.

Kat-I had to LOL at your post. I had a visual of the whole story! :scared2:

I have had days like that.

You know, now that you mention it, he DID say 'you know this is going to lead to you keeping them again all the time'. So, bingo, you win the prize!!

Kat, I have one of those days about twice a month. You just have to learn to laugh at yourself and be thankful you didn't really hurt yourself.

Tracy, When I was babysitting hubby wanted the kids gone by the time he got home. He worked lonnnnggg hard hours and wanted to come home and rest and relax. No screaming or crying. There were a few occasions where the parents ran late but nothing to long so it all worked out but I had to take hubbys feelings into consideration. I ended up babysitting for about 3 years and it all worked out ok, I just think hubby was afraid that I was going to give all my time to the kids and not him, lol.

Today turned out beautiful. Such pretty skies. A little cool but a lovely day. So I bought some veggies at the market and we grilled burgers and veggies for dinner, yummy to my tummy. We sat out on the deck and talked about our trip. Kat, were your ears burning??? We talked about you and Rick. Now I just need to figure out how to explain Tracy to him, LOL. To bad N.Y. isn't on our way because we could stop and check on Jenn.

I called the Band Doc today and his nurse was not there. So the other nurse said she would pull my file and leave it out for her to review in the morning. She also said she wasn't sure if he would take my gallbladder out at the same time. There is a risk of cross-contamination. I told her I would agree with whatever the Doc ordered. So hopefully I will have a surgery date tomorrow.

I got lots of sewing done today. I finished the 2 quilts and I just need to Iron them out now. I started on the counted cross-stitch wedding picture for my niece, I need to get it done within the next couple of months so I can get it framed.

Hope everyone had a great day.

This morning i woke up and prayed to have a good healthy bandster day. TODAY, i will do it :smile: No sugar for me, no rice, no Pasta, no enriched flour. That is how i lost it all before....i just followed the rules....go figger.

Just heard on the news that there was a shooting at a strip club. Odd aint it? LOL

(sorry for the random thoughts)

Everyone keep your fingers crossed. My mom found out that for 3 years oil & gas companies have been drilling and putting wells (3 that we know of) on family property and have only been paying my uncle and another family member and they just left her out even though they KNEW she was one of the heirs. Maybe some money in moms future? Cha-Ching. Well, she is taking steps to find out what her rights are, so keep your fingers crossed. I see maybe, just MAYBE, I may have money for a TT in my future when i get this weight back off. It would be such a blessing for my mom to not have worries about her financial future. It would take some worry off of her 70 year old shoulders. That would be great.

Have a fantastic day everyone. I may call one of you if I start losing my mind for the lack of sugar :thumbup:

I can't wait for Hubby to meet you Tracy. I'm sure he's gonna love ya just as much as I do.

Today is going to be a good day for you, just keep reminding yourself of that. Act as if it is an hourly struggle(which it is). That should help keep you on the right road. I applaud you.

Once again we are headed to the gym, I just wish I had gotten a better goodnights sleep. Hopefully I can take a quick nap before we head to the hospital.

BBL.

Too funny, On the Yahoo home page, Poll: Married women say pets listen better than husbands. Are they just figuring that out? Must be a bunch of men working at Yahoo.

By any chance have I mentioned that I hate going to the gym????? Well, I do. I said it but most important, I did it. I went again and I will go again but I hate it. Would rather sit here all day long and let my muscles and fat melt together.

you would/will all be proud. I had a bite size nestle crunch in my mouth...IN MY MOUTH.....and before i could bite into it, i walked right to the garbage and spit it out! My mind was saying don't, don't DON'T!! and i didnt! GO ME!

Suzanne and Tracy - Great job! proud of both of you!!

Kat and to LOL at your day. I hate days like that and yet sometimes it's all we have to laugh about. So sorry about Manda but at least she knows what is going on now.

Man, I can't type for beans!

I'm doing fine. Felt up to taking a shower this AM. Always makes me feel better.

Have a great day!

Great to see you posting Michelle! Keep your computer close, it will give you something to "do" without really doing anything, you need to seriously take it easy! So glad it all went well, and is behind you now!!! All the icky parts are gone, and only the fun ones left behind is how I looked at it!!!

Tracy----I bet you did more for yourself and your sense of being able TO DO IT by spitting out that candy bar than you even know! Way to go!!!!!!

I must get off the sugar kick I am on. I feel so sluggish, and know it is the crash following the high. I seem to have my days and nights mixed up, I am literally sleeping like a baby----awake every little bit, I can go back to sleep, but seem to have to wake up all the time, and want to sleep all morning long and not all night long.......

Suzanne, I know you are not thrilled with going to the gym, but I love that you go, and your hubby goes too. That is great. When Rick had his heart surgery, we walked all the time together---it helped that he was home 24/7----now we do nothing exercise wise together, besides haul wood, or junk like that.

Went to my inlaws last night. My FIL is not looking good. I mean I can only imagine trying to wear a catheter around all the time. He had not dressed, he was in his robe. But his color isn't great I don't think. They have a lift recliner that was Ricks Granny's. His Dad was having so much trouble getting up and down, I ask him why he wasn't using it. He got this dumbfounded look on his face, you could tell it was something he was so used to seeing, he just hadn't thought of it. Finally he grinned and told me "I guess because you haven't put it over here for me!" Rick was off riding the grandkids around on the golf cart, and assembling a can crusher for them, so I swapped out his recliners, and when he sat down, it is a firmer chair, he said it already felt better. Poor man.....that HAS to be uncomfy.

MIL was telling me that the kids biggest issue is ME saying the land would not be in their name. Makes me crazy! Everyone wants to bitch and blame me for saying it, but it is TRUE! The thing about the land is, I said it, and the land will never be in my name either! So the hell what??? It is family owned land, and will always be in the kids --meaning Rick and his siblings names only. Tell ya what when you go through a divorce and lose everything that becomes such a non issue!

Our son does not realize this, or will not admit it----but the fact is, if that land had been in his name when he walked out when finding out she was pregnant again, he would have lost that land, they would have given it to HER, not him, they were po'd at him! But it is better to be mad at me, and I don't care!!!

They did tell us when Connors next 2 games were. And DIL called me.....so I am making nice, but keeping my reserve, it hurts too bad!

My youngest grandson is fully mobile, at 9 months, going EVERYWHERE at full speed ahead! And he has his first tooth finally! So.......good thing I have a Great, great niece or nephew coming, we need a baby soon! Ours is insistant on growing up FAST!!!

Well I am off to put away the things I bought. Took my Mom to town shopping for birthdays and graduation.

Everyone be good. You CAN do this Tracy, and you can call me ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!!

:tt1: :eek: Yea, Tracy. See what strength you possess. :smile: :tt1: :tt1::thumbup:

WTG, Tracy!!! You are stronger than me...I have never spit chocolate out.:redface: I knew you could do this:thumbup:

I'm up and drinking my hot cocoa. I was real achy last night but it had been a long day. I worked out in the morning and than took doggie to the park for a long walk than we worked at the hospital. I was limping home. Took some aleve and went to bed around 10. Didn't sleep real well but did get some sleep. Oh well.

Tracy, keeping my fingers crossed that today will be another good day for you. A day of good choices and happy times. It's a struggle but one I know that you are up too. Do yourself proud.

Thank you everyone...that was a pivotal move for me. I am like Cindy...i never have spit out chocolate before. I just knew if I were to bite into it, it would all be over but the crying.

Thank you all for believing in me when sometimes i can not even believe in my ownself, lol. Have a great day!

Getting ready to head out and do some errands. It's a lovely day here today and I just want to sit around and do nothing. But I have to get this stuff done.

Kat, I hope you FIL is feeling better today with you moving the chairs around. That was sweet of you to do that for him. I can't imagine how uncomfortable that has to be.

I'll check in later.

Hi, Jenn. Miss you.