Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

I am sorry about your diagnosis, Michelle. Has your doctor decided on a treatment regimen? Get on here and rant to let off steam. We can take it and send virtual hugs.

Thanks, y'all!

I came home and cried. It's one thing to think you might/probably have it but then to have it confirmed by a professional - just makes it all that more real.

At least I have a name to IT now.

One thing, doc was pretty nice, read my papers that I brought and talked to me about what we can and can not do. I guess I'll keep him! :smile: He does specialize in Diabetes, which is an auto-immune disease, and he seems to know a lot about them, in general. That's good.

The only thing we can do is manage the symptoms. That's it. I try to keep moving and take liquid ibuprofen as needed. If I get really bad (and in my eyes, desperate), then he can put me on prednisone to basically halt my immune system. Ummmmm, NO!

He said that I've GOT to get this weight off. He's right. I gotta quit messing around. And exercise. I've got to keep as mobile as possible. He talked about staying ahead of the game.

So. That's it. No cure. No magic pills. :thumbup:

~~~~

Kat, I'm sorry about what's going on with you guys. I sure am glad you are feeling better tho! I hope Rick follows thru and does sell off the cows!

I love you guys! :wub:

hi all, i guess i have a lot to catch up on

but since i'm just getting home from hospital from a car accident (i'm fine, bruised but fine) I'm going to bed.

I'll catch you all tomorrow night after I go pick the car up -

hi all, i guess i have a lot to catch up on

but since i'm just getting home from hospital from a car accident (i'm fine, bruised but fine) I'm going to bed.

I'll catch you all tomorrow night after I go pick the car up -

Take ibuprofen now and first thing in the morning to try to get a jump on the stiffness. Good night

Oh, Michelle, I'm so sorry! My younger sister has Lupus, and although I've read some things about it, I still feel that I don't understand much. I'm sending you gentle hugs, and will keep you in my thoughts as well as sending support, like everyone else. When you can't be strong, let us hold you up.

Kat, just reading your post pisses me off and it's not even happening to me. It really bugs me when good, hardworking people are taken advantage of, because that's what it seems like to me. Sorry your headache is coming back. Take care of yourself, girl; you just got better. .

Suzie, you're home and busy! Sounds like you'll need another vacation before long! :-)

Jenn, Cindy, Angela and Shar, be good! LOL

Oh, and you too, Plain, especially! :-)

Debbie

Jenn, glad you're OK!

Morning

thanks gals

I am haing a hard time moving so wanted to stop in. My entire right side is sore and stiff and I couldn't sleep for nothing last night. Tylenol and off to work.

have a great day all

Jenn, glad to hear you are ok, were the kids in the car with you? I hope everyone is alright. Keep the Tylenol bottle close and maybe a good soak in the tub later today.

Michelle, I hope you got some good sleep last night but I'm sure you probably had some tossing and turning. Indeed we are here for you to vent. We can handle it. Sounds like the Doc has give you some good advice. The last thing you want to hear is to get up and get moving, but I feel so much better when I am mobile. As much as I would love to just lay around all day and watch tv and nap, I make myself move. I know it's a big part of keeping myself healthy. My kidney Doc loves that I walk alot, says it's really good for my kidneys. I have stage 3 kidney failure and have managed to keep my kidneys functioning for years now with my being active. You can do this, you will find the strength. And best part is we will be here for you when you need us.

First day back to work and then off to Wally world. Wish I could run in to Tracy or Angela while I was there. But as long as I can get in and out with out to much hassle, I'll be happy.

Be back soon.

Edited by Suziecat

Hi everyone~

Michelle-i wish I could take away the pain, i would. I echo what everyone else has said. :wub:

Kat-you know, that sounds doable as well! I really miss you and would love to get together again. Sorry about all the BS going on. Take care of you, ok?!

Jenn-omg girl I am so glad you are OK. Take it easy, k?

Suzanne-i wish we could run into you @ Walmart too! :thumbup:

Cindy-we will still plan a gathering. I can't wait!

Angela-i woke up this morning to the sound of the rain and thunder and I LOVED it! I did not want to get out of bed for anything! When I make the trip to see kat you HGAVE to come with me :) I will take you as hostage!

Shar-how are things with you?

Debbie-i am sitting here trying to remember where you live....remind me please?

I still have 3 pounds to go to get to the -11 that my signature says. For some reason the scale is not moving and I have been being a good bandster. Discouraging.

Have a good day everyone.

Oh Jenn---let us know what happen...and feel better. Poor you, accidents suck, but when you think of what could have happen.......you are here, and typing, so it is all good!

Angela, OF COURSE, I mean to include you when I see bossy ol' Tracy! LMAO! If I say that too much I might need you for protection!

The only place that looks like it is above a blink in the road between Comanche and Deer Park, is Temple----little further for y'all than it would be for me. Unless ya wanna add my 12 hours to get to Comanche from here!!! LOL

Cindy, I KNOW in the next several months, at some point or another, we plan to go see our kids in Bossier City----so if we fail to all hook up at once, I will be in contact then for sure!

Well as it sits right now, Rick is leaving on either Sat. PM or Sun. AM I am contemplating going with him. His Dad is not much help when it comes to things anymore, and it usually takes more than one person to herd a cow especially with a calf, and supposedly there may be more than the one out....we have no idea. They graze an 80 acre section of land. There are 2 tanks (ponds) and a creek. When the creek gets high, if they are on the other side, they are stuck til the Water level drops.

She was rather a unique looking cow, with an Angus calf, so she could have been taken.

There is also always the possibility that a hunter took them out, it has happen before---we find dead cattle more frequently than you would think.

No one has been over the full 80 acres. We do not expect anyone else to do that...it is ours to deal with ultimately. They also could have just gotten out onto land owned by other family members, so it would not be an issue. The worries are that if they are on another ranchers land, he could sell them---taking our profit...and the worse case scenario, is that they get on a roadway and cause an accident, for which we as the cattle owner are liabel. We are a few miles off the hiway on the dirt---with lots of prime grazing, and lots of baled hay between them and the road, but you still worry.

According to MIL, there are no pecans on the trees, so a trip in November is optional. Not to me, I want to see my grandsons! I mentioned going with Rick so I could cook, and help him some, and she was telling me about how they could use some "just boys" time. Uhhhh helllo? One is 50,and one over 80, they are not "boys" and my "boy" might like a little help!

Manda is off interviewing for a new position within BP, at the local office, rather than the one up north. Would change her drive time to about 15 minutes as opposed to an hour, and through flat lands rather than the hills she drives in Colorado snow. Hope she finds it to her liking. The job has actually been offered, she is just sitting in on meetings, to see if it is something she would like to do.

Michelle, help us help you, maybe you can be our impetus for us all to get some weight off!!! You might have it on your signature, but how much more do you want to lose?

Debbie, thanks, headache returning, was likely me grinding my teeth in frustration!!! LOL, my inlaws can be so uncaring of things it just pisses me off. It is THEIR way only---no concern it seems. And yet, she would throw herself in front of a train to save any one of her kids, Rick included. But did they even think, or consider another one of the 4 kids taking time off (one is not working at all, she is at home) to help in this? Nope! Why? Because they claim this is our cow.....we'll see. The cousin down there thinks otherwise!

Oh well, I will quit complaining about it. It is, what it is, and if we end up going we will enjoy our time together. If he goes alone, he will have lots of time with his Dad---it will all be ok. We will have more vacation time next year... done.

Gotta get some things ready to go to the PO.

Jenn, I am also glad you are ok. Car accidents are scary business. Take care of yourself.

Tracy, a road trip sounds fun. Let me know...

Please keep my Uncle Benjamin in your prayers today. He has been fighting with cancer on and off for a couple of years now and was (re)admitted to M. D. Anderson Cancer Center yesterday. He is very sick :thumbup: .

I'M GOIN' TO TEXAS!!!!!!!!

Going to go see my boys!!!! The kids are going to meet us there. Wild horses can NOT keep me away now!!!

Connor kisses and Garrick snuggles coming my way!!!!

This is one happy Granny!

Angela I am so sorry for your Uncle, at least he is at the best place possible for treatment! Prayers headed that way for all of you.

Off to shop for goodies to take to my boys!

I really AM happy to be planning to see my boys....but overall, just decided I need to do more tail wagging, and less growling and barking. I wasn't getting anywhere with my bad attitude. And wierd as it was, as soon as I changed my perspective, things fell in, and now I get to see my grandsons!!!

So....I went shopping! LOL, just little fun things they can play with while we are there. psssssst don't tell, but I am going to try to take Kinsey with us! She and Connor love one another so much, I know they would both be thrilled!

Manda is going to speak to her teacher when she takes Snacks in on Friday, and depending on that whether she gets to miss the 3 days or not.

Well I have to unload things from the car and fold some towels, and figure out something for dinner----any suggestions????

Thanks, Ladies!

Jenn! I am so glad you are okay! What the heck happened?! Kids okay?!

Kat, great news about seeing the grandkids! Very happy for you! I know you miss them terribly!!!

Suzanne, I'm proud of you for getting off your butt. It is SO hard! Even on a good day!

Angela, of course I'll keep your uncle in my prayers.

~~~~~

Picked up an app for our local hardware store. They are a true value but owned and operated by a local family for YEARS. I went to school with 3 of the kids in my class. Lived near the youngest one for years til we bought this place. Figured they might have use for me for a few hours each morning during the week. We'll see. AND even during a flare-up, if it's like this one has been, I can still function pretty good for a few hours once I get some ibuprofen in me.

Well, need to get some church work done and then I have Bunco tonight. See ya later!