Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Lol @ Suzie... I wish!!!

Tracy and I need to make REAL plans to meet up. It's too funny how we keep meeting up...at Wal-mart too!

Morning all

Tracy -

I am off all weekend and going to get caught up on my sleep. Classes this fall are mon, wed, fri 7-10, I get home from work with no ot at 4 so i can hang with kids, dinner, shower, nap. Class is 10 mins away. I am going to be sworn in on the 13th and get my gear at Drill on the 14th.

Monthly meeting is 2nd monday of every month and drills are on Tues. I will be taking FF1 in spring and FF2 next fall and they are excited and are already talking about pushing for offier classes. They are really low on FF and the officers are the only ones going to calls. I only have to go to 10% of calls which is about 25 a year and min of 25 drills but we are the big training site of my County so It will be great for rescue at work.

Suzanne - have fun, i'm jealous and drive safe.

kat - be careful out there!

off to pack my bag, going out on boat with electricians right after work, perfect day for it!

Stupid little ticker has to remind me that the scale hasn't moved in forever!!!:biggrin: Ugh, I guess I will update later with the same stats, because I hate seeing it look like that.

Good thing I started serious detox, and got back to my ticker weight in 2 days, Now time to work hard on losing a few since I got the big reminder this morning too... LOL

I'm leaving mine until I can change becaus I hate seeing that too, maybe some motivation

Morning girls.

Waking up in another bed is weird. But I have to admit, the bed felt good. Not lumpy or too soft.

Angela, do you wonder how many times you actually ran into each other before you guys got to know each other????

Jenn, glad to hear you have some rest time coming up, you need it. Enjoy the boat.

We should be on the road around 7am. Kat, we will wave as we go by. Gonna try to make it to Arizona today but will see if we run into anything we want to see.

Have a great day and I'll check in this evening.

You guys will never guess who I ran into tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, you guessed it...reunion time @ Wally World! LOL That is so funny. I agree Angela, we need to set up a real time & place...somewhere that serves magaritas or pina coladas! :biggrin:

LOL!!!

Morning all

Tracy -

I am off all weekend and going to get caught up on my sleep. Classes this fall are mon, wed, fri 7-10, I get home from work with no ot at 4 so i can hang with kids, dinner, shower, nap. Class is 10 mins away. I am going to be sworn in on the 13th and get my gear at Drill on the 14th. omg, are you excited? I would be freakingout seriously! :wink2:

Monthly meeting is 2nd monday of every month and drills are on Tues. I will be taking FF1 in spring and FF2 next fall and they are excited and are already talking about pushing for offier classes. They are really low on FF and the officers are the only ones going to calls. I only have to go to 10% of calls which is about 25 a year and min of 25 drills but we are the big training site of my County so It will be great for rescue at work. So then you can apply to be a real firewoman and work FOR the fire dept? Good job & good benefits!

Suzanne - have fun, i'm jealous and drive safe.

kat - be careful out there!

off to pack my bag, going out on boat with electricians right after work, :scared2: sounds like fun perfect day for it!

Morning girls.

Waking up in another bed is weird. But I have to admit, the bed felt good. Not lumpy or too soft.

Angela, do you wonder how many times you actually ran into each other before you guys got to know each other???? Probably alot!

Jenn, glad to hear you have some rest time coming up, you need it. Enjoy the boat.

We should be on the road around 7am. Kat, we will wave as we go by. Gonna try to make it to Arizona today but will see if we run into anything we want to see. Wow, I am so envious. Keep sharing the pics! I am living vicariously through you!

Have a great day and I'll check in this evening.

Cindy...put your ticker up and I will put one up too. It'll keep us honest?! (maybe) lol

Good morning everyone! I am gonna be alone today. DH is on days and macy will be in school :thumbup: I have been waiting for this ALL SUMMER!!

Kat, Michelle, Plain, Terri, and all others :drool: How are ya'll?

I gotta get a 7 year old ready for school....have a great day! :huh2:

Wierd, once I posted the link, it would not let me out of the font, and kept trying to add it to the link....

Anyway---the first one is a dash cam, of part of the pass I refer to driving frequently---Wolf Creek Pass. It does not do it justice in either the beauty or the sharp turns! And since it is dash mounted you do not get the opportunity to look over the edge!!! It is afterall over 10,000 feet up there!!!

The 2nd link is to the Narrow Guage railroad that we take between Durango, and Silverton CO. It is an amazing ride, the scenery is gorgeous, and the wildlife abundant, we have seen bears, and elk, the usual deer, fox, raccoons, all kinds of things. There are some steep trestle type views from it too. To drive by car between the 2 places, you must go over 2 mountain passes, both can be trecherous in the winter, so you can imagine taking a little train, and the climbs it must make!

They are not great videos, but give you somewhat of an idea what and where I am talking about!

Suzie---great to hear from you, have a good trip through to AZ today. Lots of little places to look at. If you drop into Utah, check out The Hole in the Wall.

Did you hear about Michael Douglas? He has cancer stage 4, I watched him on Letterman, felt kind of bad for Dave, he was at such a loss for words. He is being really up front about it, saying this type is caused by alcohol, and cigarettes. He has begun radiation....scary stuff.

Not sure yet what my day holds! Not much I hope, I would like to kick back and read!! LOL

I love how Angela and Tracy keep running into one another!!!

Speaking of.... Terri, any suggestions of somewhere to take Suzanne and her husband to eat while they are here? I mean for just gabbing, we can hang at my place---but I don't want to spend the time messing with cooking, I would rather go out!!! LOL, Surprise!!!

The bus pulled up yesterday, and there was no Kinsey waiting to stand up, the driver turned to me, and I was waiting to hear the words, that she wasn't there! Instead she puts her hands up to her face in the sleeping position, and tells me she is asleep!!! I had to go on the bus and wake her up. Poor thing is having a hard time letting go of those naps. She is going to bed at 8 now....and Manda said she was out of the tub and in bed by 7:45 last night. She is trying!!! Kinsey takes her Vitamins here every morning, and she tells me, this will give her energy to stay awake! Such a nutcase.

Manda blew her hair dry last night, since she was going to bed so early, so it was straight this morning, it is soo long! For so long (2 years almost) she was a little baldy---this just seems odd!!!

I made arrangements with my neighbor for Kinsey to catch the bus from her house next month. I will be working early voting for the month of October. So I have to be there at 7 AM, and Kinsey gets on the bus at 7:05! So I will leave at 6:50, will have her ready, to just walk out of Connies and get on the bus. It is too good of money to turn down, it will completely cover Christmas, and property taxes, all the kids birthdays----well sons is in a few days. But I enjoy the work, so we made this arrangement! Actually depending on Manda's appt. she may transfer to the Farmington office and go to just scheduling, so she has no field work. If she works out of Farmington, she will catch the bus at home, and I won't have her in the morning, but for an extra half hour in the afternoon. Doesn't matter, I like her being here!

Gonna go take a shower and get dressed.....let the day begin!!!

Kat-the scenery is AMAZING! I could NEVER drive those roads....much less with SNOW on them. I get too dizzy on roads like that. Heck, I was getting dizzy just watching the videos. LOL

OMG Kat, I forgot how beautiful New Mexico is. Hubby and I just marveled at the scenery. Sometime I would like to go to the southern part and see it.

We are in Flagstaff now. Got here at 6:15 and checked in and that was when we found out that it was only 4:15. Dang, we could have drove 2 more hours,,,NOT. We settled in and then took off again to go 10 miles down the road to the Harley store and get some t-shirts. So now we are back in the room and shoes are off. Gonna rest and watch a little TV.

Love you keeping us up on your trip Suzie, hoping you are having a fabulous time!!!

Feeling BLAH today! Not enough sleep, although this last week, I am not sure there is such a thing as enough sleep. I don't know what's up, I am cold, and sleepy, and blah through and through. Thinking I might need a dosage change in my thyroid meds. I have used this dosage since the thyroidectomy, with no problems til now. should be an easy fix anyway.

Going to lunch with Rick. This new schedule they are on, has him thinking I need to come to town everyday and eat with him. Not a big deal, we don't do fancy!! But......the way I feel, I'd love to stay home and nap!!!

I need to empty a microwave cabinet in the garage and put it on Craigslist.....so I can move the file cabinets off the back porch to the garage where they are going to live from now on!!! So I can reorganize my files....will be nice to have it all in one place! Maybe even Rick can find things then.....yeah, I doubt it too, much easier to ask me!!! Love him anyway!!!

Enjoyed the CMT Rocks out show last night. But I must say, whoever dressed the women....yuck!!! The dresses were horrid!!! LOL

Well I need to go get ready for my lunch date, think we are going to....get ready for it.....TACO BELL!!! LOL It is close to his work, he is tired, and it actually gives him some time to sit and relax a bit before returning.

We are going to a rally for the afternoon Sat. & Sun. Rick is on call, so we cannot stay, dangit. but he is entering his chopper in a bike show! Should be interesting to see how his rice bike is accepted. It is a beauty tho!!!

Anyway---see y'all in awhile!

Michelle-you around? How are you feeling?

Kat-I go thru spells on taco bell. When I am in the taco bell mood I stay that way for about a month or 2 then I do not want anything to do with it for another month or two. Weird, huh? And you may be onto something about the fibromyalsia thing. I am definitely going to bring it up to my dr when I see him again. I have ALOT of the signs & symptoms. Thank you!

I found our cat a new home. I was worried that she go to someone that loves cats and OMG, I hit the jackpot with this girl. She even belted in the pet carrier in her truck! lol It was sad for macy and I. I would have been OK if macy had not gone. I tried to get a friend to keep her to avoid the emotional goodbye, but she was not home to watch her so....the tears flowed freely.

I woke up really relieved this morning. I mean, I will miss her but, I am glad she is in a good home.

I just am not ready for a pet right now. I miss MY cat.

Anyway...i was gonna go to Walmart earlier but decided not to because

I knew it just not be the same without Angela there! LOL j/j I really was meaning to go after I dropped macy off at school and picture this...my car just came home instead. So, I came in and havent got back out.

Part of me wants to take a nap but I am already achy and I know a nap will just make it worse.

Question anyone...is there a liquid version of aleve or something like it that we are allowed to take?? I know it would prob help with these pains.

Talk to ya'll soon....

oh and by the way...I am still hovering around the -11. Considering Aunt Flow is here...I think that is pretty good, dont you?

I'm here, Tracy. Just feeling wiped out and not much in the mood for posting. Not even doing much of FB either.

I do have an appointment with my new doc on the 20th. So that's good. Got Reggie in today for his re-test on heartworm and he's clear so we were able to pick up more monthly preventative for him. Paige has to be done before November, so we're set for a month or so. Reggie needs to lose a few pounds! He's 103 and his belly is starting to swing a bit! LOL!

Gotta pack today for our trip this weekend. DD has preschool openhouse in the AM and we want to be all packed up, go to that, then stop for lunch, grab some cash and head outta town. Be back Monday sometime. Won't have internet for the weekend. :) We've got a friend staying at the house with the dogs. Easier and cheaper than kenneling them all somewhere.

Kat, hope you had a nice lunch w/Rick.

Suz, sounds like a great trip!

Talk at ya all later!