Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Michelle-your neighbo should have said somehting to YOU. That sucks! sorry!

TERRI.....wooohooooo, I am so happy for you!

Thinking of Terri this morning! Hope she lets us know soon that all went well.

Michelle--was it a neighbor who called in regards to the dogs? I have a neighbor who has 6 malti-poos who she sits outside about 6 AM, and they yap until 10 or 11 when she finally puts them back indoors in kennels. She has a solid cinderblock wall around the yard, so you cannot see them, nor can they see anything. So every sound and they freak out---and they live on Main Street!!!! So......I have been tempted to complain. There is a house between them and us----and the neighbors there have tried talking to her---she is a Dr. and does not take private calls.....so Jenn (the middle neighbor) went to speak to her personally--only tobe told she is within her rights if she watches the time, and if she misses it....all the cops! That is what she said! So she is not worried---must have a relative on the force I am guessing. The constant yipping is horrid tho!

Seems to me if you have other neighbors who would say they are not a problem.....it would help.

Tracy---I meant to get back, but yard work took over yesterday morning. My trash gets picked up on Monday mornings, and within an hour of him picking it up, I had one dumpster completely full of limbs, from the roses, snowball bush, and a damned holly plant I totally obliterated!!! It snagged me everytime I was mowing, and yesterday it made me mad! LOL

Then yesterday afternoon, I took Kinsey to see Despicable Me. We had fun, it was cute. Sitting (key word) in the cool (another key word) theater with my favorite girl and a bag of popcorn was wonderful!!!!! Today I have her, and we are going with my Mom to shop. I have less than a month til she starts school---and my ability to just take a day with her at will is going to be over, so taking advantage today!

Suzie, I had to smile imagining the ambitious 10 year old....and wonder how long it lasts! It does not take them long to figure out that work is WORK!

Do any of you remember the old click clack toys? Big acryllic balls on straps that you bounced against one another to make them pop all the way around???? I bought some at the rally!!! Talk about a flash back!!!

Cindy good luck to your DSD. I felt 110% better following my hysterectomy!!! We will be here waiting when your 5 day exile is over!!!

Well I better go get dressed......see y'all in awhile!

Thinking of you, Terri!

Yep, one of the neighbors. I think I know who it is. Still irritates me that they called it in instead of just coming over and saying something. We had no clue there was a problem. Today, I put the pups in crates and Dakota had the run of the house. But it was for 6 hours!!! And I got off early today! :unsure:

We were talking to another neighbor just a few days ago who is outside ALL the time and he says he doesn't hear them much. He hears Dakota more but it's not excessive. He said he'd let us know if it was a problem. Hope he means it as that is the side of the house the yard is going in on.

We just don't know what to do!

Anyway.

Kat, sounds like you were very productive outside!

Our old next door neighbors had 8 dogs when we moved in. We never reported it, but the city law is no more than 5 animals in a household. Tehy would let them out and they would yippie all day long. They swore they never heard them from inside their house and therefor didn't see a problem. Years later they were down to about 4 dogs and my mom was living with us then. They would leave the dogs out all day while they were at work and they would bark all the time. My mom complained to me about it so I took the phone and went out on our deck and called them. I left a real nice message on the phone about how I was sorry but the dogs were really annoying and bothering my mom. Well, in the back ground you could really hear these dogs going at it. They got the message and kept them in till they got home. The only time we have ever complained about anyone's animals was when the guy down the street let his pit bull out and it went on a killing rampage. Animal control took their time coming out but eventually got everyones side of the story and they fined the guy. To late, other animals were already dead. He has since gotten rid of the dog and has also moved out.

I hope Terri's surgery went well today.

Hi Everyone!

Michelle...that sucks about the dogs. I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Terri, how are you?? Update when you can.

Cindy, I will be thinking about your DSD. I hear good things about the "other side". I had the Endometrial Abalation about 4 years ago and while it has helped, I wish I would have had the full monty done. Being a woman sucks sometimes!

Hi!! to everyone else. Work has been hell. No other way to put it. I hate this new system and what it will eventually do to my job. I sound like a broken record, huh? Sorry.

Have a good evening!

Angela.

Hey y'all, just waiting for Rick to get home---he is still at work! Should be home within 45 minutes he said.....long day.

I have a question for you all, and I feel stupid for asking, like it is something everyone knows about except me! I get some laughs out of the People of Walmart site, and Beach Creeps...and on both I have seen people----adults, both men and women, wearing tails---comic looking ones, as well as real looking ones. Then today when shopping....I saw 2 girls/women early 20's I'd guess, wearing tails.

Is it some counter culture thing? Sexual statement? Am I in the dark while everyone else knows about this?

Enlighten me!

Rick just called, he is on his way!!! YAY!!!!

See ya in the morning!

Hey y'all, just waiting for Rick to get home---he is still at work! Should be home within 45 minutes he said.....long day.

I have a question for you all, and I feel stupid for asking, like it is something everyone knows about except me! I get some laughs out of the People of Walmart site, and Beach Creeps...and on both I have seen people----adults, both men and women, wearing tails---comic looking ones, as well as real looking ones. Then today when shopping....I saw 2 girls/women early 20's I'd guess, wearing tails.

Is it some counter culture thing? Sexual statement? Am I in the dark while everyone else knows about this?

Enlighten me!

Rick just called, he is on his way!!! YAY!!!!

See ya in the morning!

It could be an attention thing, but some of them are probably full-fledged "furries". There was actually a CSI episode that was about furries (had no clue that this existed until then). So, yeah, it could be a sexual statement.:unsure: google furries and see what you find.

I am leaving in a few for my 5 days without Starbucks or internet. See y'all Sunday.:unsure:

Bye Cindy, I'll be thinking of you. Good luck to your step daughter and also to you.

Kat, I have never heard of Furries. I have never seen one either. Is it like those tails that you sometimes see hanging out of peoples trunks to make you think that there is a cat inside? Well, I don't have a clue as to why anyone would want to wear one out in public.

Not to much going on today. I have a doctors appointment later this afternoon with the Dermatologist. If it doesn't rain I may try to get in the pool.

I hope Terri is doing good.

Ummmm, ok. Sometimes when I am sleeping my arms get int he way...dont know why someone would want a tail to worry about too. lol

Anyway, how is everyone this morning?

I called my doc and told him about the dizziness so...he said get back on a lower dose of my antidepressant and guess what... my dizziness went away. So now I am breaking them in half for a while and then hopefully before too long i will be back to just the plain old me. :unsure:

:unsure: bye Cindy...we will miss you! Prayers for your dsd!

Have a great day everyone!

PS...I went ALONE (I needed that) to see Eclipse yesterday. I loved it!

I saw a girl wearing a tail at our local Krogers (grocery store). I just thought it was some kind of teen statement. Goofy looking if you ask me!!!!!!!

Thanks Cindy, that may be it. The ones I saw had no face paint or anything, just tails. Years ago there was a strip joint just out of town called Foxtails---and all the strippers wore fox tails----and this was like that---just tails. And on the Walmart site, I have seen them, and I was just feeling old and out of it! Guess I am!!!

My friend I have lunch with...it was her son recently hurt in the motorcycle wreck---he is in rehab now, and improving quickly! Anyway he has a DD and my friends husband had always been Papa to all his grandkids---and for some reason they began referring to him as Papa Bear. The son had a good laugh and told them they didn't want to call him that, because he is a big guy (325-350 lbs) and he told them that "bears" are hairy gay men, usually of big stature. They have big Bear gatherings. They have "cubs"---young newbies......all kinds of things! We (she and I) looked it up, and now we just refer to Mike as Papa---skip the bear!!!

Who knew? I guess it was the same with my parents having problems associating "gay" with anything except being happy.....times change.....whether I want to or not!

Rick just left for work again. I need to go Water before it gets hot again. We have broke 100 for several days now. It tried to rain last night---you could smell it, but it was so hot it evaporated before it ever made it to the ground---so it was muggy, which is really unusual for us.

Tracy, I had heard it was usually a taper down from meds like that, so it makes sense to me!

Terri should be home......hope she is doing well! She is a bandster now!

I feel so incredibly lazy! I have begun taking my allergy meds. Uggghhh!

Oh yeah----hives. I know lots about hives! I broke out several years ago---make that many years ago. Kept diaries of products used, changed them. Kept diaries of food---changed diet. NOTHING helped! Did massive amounts of blood work---checking for all sorts of connective tissue disorders. still nothing. They were finally diagnosed as idiopathic uticaria. Hives with unknown cause.

At the time Zyrtec was RX, not OTC. But it worked. I could take a pill and within an hour the hives would abate. I took it faithfully everynight for months---but it turns me into a zombie! Eventually I got to where I broke them in half---and it still kept the hives at bay. Then I began every other night....and finally every few days...til the hives quit.

Stress seemed to be the trigger. My Grandma was dying---and I had teenagers!

I ended up with hives again a couple of years ago, and the Dr. put me on steroids! OMG weight gain city! I remembered then, the Zyrtec, so tapered the steroids off, used the Syrtec and it worked. It also works for my itcy eyes---which is why I am taking it now---half a pill at night---but it depresses my system. Not my mood, just my body---I am tired and slow! But I am not sneezing, and digging at my eyes!!!

Gonna make myself go water!

I wonder how Terri is...

What I would not give to go back to my surgery day (knowing what i know now) *sigh*

Can I just say.....ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ditto that?!

Suzanne, the phone thing w/your neighbor is a great idea! See, if we were like that - I could totally understand our neighbors calling animal control but we honestly had NO clue. Especially after talking to our other next door neighbor.

The dog that went on a rampage should've been shot on site. That happened to my IL's and it killed one of their dogs. It was horrible. Happened right in front of them.

Anyway, today I left Dakota inside by herself and put a baby gate up so she stayed on the kitchen/dining room side of the house. And put the pups on the deck, which is on the other side of the house. That way they couldn't bark at each other thru the slider! Everyone was fine when we got home so we'll see how that works and if I get a phone call from Ms. Animal Control.

Fence guy came out this PM and will give us some numbers sometime next week. Not looking forward to that. It's gonna be expensive, I'm sure! We'll see.

Don't know nuthin' about tails. <shudder>

Work sucked today.

Have a great night!