Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hi everyone!!

Whew...all but for about 3 million pictures to decide what I am going to do with....I am all done :thumbup:

I thought i was scheduled to be hooked up for cable/internet yesterday and i called and she said "no, not until tomorrow from 8-11" Ugh, one more day without internet or TV...but as you see, I made it (barely).

Today I went to put on my bathing suit from last year...it did not fit. No big surprise there but in a way I am GLAD it didn't because then my brain would have said...see???, it is OK to eat all that crap! Still makes me sad though :eek:. Anyway...

It feels like HOME. I have not felt like I was HOME in a very long time. :wub:

I must have lost my mind....I invited one of dd friends to come spend the night with us after they go to vacation bible school. I will just make sure to keep the sugar level intake really low and things should be fine. :thumbup:

Here is the couch we ended up getting after a few different swaps....looks like it was made for my apt.

Glad to be back....I missed ya'll!!

post-220113-13813139429978_thumb.jpg

I like that couch, looks like it would be comfy to take a nap on.

Just back from my second walk for the day. I went a little farther on this one. It's only 80 degrees but still very humid. oes make it a little harder to do. Now I'm sitting in front of the fan cooling off.

Hi.

Totally exhausted. Worked yesterday from 2-10:30PM. Worked today from 9-5 and that's my schedule thru til Wed. I'll have Sat & Sun off.

Liking it. Except my manager. He's driving me crazy. If things don't settle out after being open for a bit, then I'm gone. Don't need the stress. I'll give it a little time tho. Just hoping he's not like this all the time. It's crazy since we opened so I'm hoping that's all it is.

Almost fired myself accidentally. Friday night, schedule was supposed to be done, he tells me I'm off til Wed. HIS manager calls me yesterday at 1:30 wondering why I didn't show up Monday and yesterday? WHAT!!!! She said don't worry about and to come in if I can. Luckily DH was home to be with DD so I went in. My manager was pissed and almost sent me home until he found out HIS manager called me in. SHE wanted me there. He says he didn't but he was fooling with the schedule all weekend and changed it and didn't bother to let me know.

I was scheduled for 10-3 today but last night he told me he wanted 9-5 today. I get there this AM and he looks at me and tells me I'm early!!! He had forgotten that he wanted me early and all day! UGH!!!!!!!

Like I said, just could be b/c of opening and how crazy it is but we'll see.

We have a hardware store that I wouldn't mind working at and it's right next to DD's daycare. I might just go over and see if they're taking apps and if they would work with my schedule limitations.

Like I said, I'll see what happens and give it some time but I'm NOT going to take on his stress!!!

Kat, what a mess!

Tracy, glad you're in and hooked up. Nice couch but I REALLY liked the 1st one you showed us.

Suzanne, take it easy!

Terri, how's pre-op? How'd your procedure go?

Angela, how's your time off?

Cindy, glad summer school is over!

Take care y'all!

Hey all

quick check in. I'm going to work early. We are getting all that heat, 95 and 90% humidity, I come home and fall asleep on the couch. my ac was freezing up so it was hot as hell in my room. I think I got it fixed and the temp finally down. AC was kicked on and frozen solid at 86 if that tells you how hot it was in my room.

working in this is kicking my butt, but i do love it

hope you are all well

Teri - good luck with surgery

Tracy - you settled in yet

Angela - harley and boat.... ahhhh... someday

Hi kat & suzanne

Cindy and Michelle

Good Morning.

Kat, good luck with your MIL's surgery today. I hope all goes well for her and for the family.

Terri, How's the pre-op going? Tough? Hang in there, it will be overwith before you know it.

Michelle, I hope for you that it is just openeing jitters for this manager. You seem to have a lot of patience with him. Hang in there but if not I would look into the hardware store and see what they have to offer.

Having sister drama already this morning. UCK...

I have my last appointment (I think) with the back surgeon today. Everything looks good and I'm feeling great so I think I'll probably be done. I'm gonna miss seeing him. I owe him a great big hug. Really more than that but that's all he's getting.

Then it's back home and back to bed to rest some more. Besides it's supposed to rain this afternoon. So it looks like a day for hubby and I to watch a movie and rest. We watched one last night, "Last house on the Left". Very graphic and ending was not anything I expected.

Have a great day.

Hi everyone! Hope you all have a great day!

I am about SICK of all the rain, but I guess it is better than 100 degree humid heat?!

I like the other couch too but our apt wasnt big enough.....oh well!

:thumbup:

Back from the Doc's office. Actually I don't get to see the surgeon, it's his 2 apprentices that I see. Anyway, they piled a bunch of restrictions on me. Holy Cow. It'll be ok tho. Just was hoping that this was all over and I could move on. Good news is that I can get back in the pool in 2 weeks. WooHoo. I go back in one month and then after that another 3 months. But I am so thankful to be up and walking that it's all good. I'll take it.

Came home and took doggie for a walk. They are calling for rains later today and I wanted to get my walks in. After I got home I called the Band Doc and it will be Aug 16th before I can get in to see him. I would like to get a little fill but I was also wanting to find out about this surgery for my hiatal hernia. That's getting close to our trip and I don't want to have any surgeries so soon to going. Hopefully he'll wait till this fall to do it.

Hope all is going well with Kat's family today.

Hi all!

Surgery is over, and all went well! They managed to do it laproscopically---3 small incisions. They removed a wedge of her lung, about 3 inches wide, but 1.5 inches long or so. The tumor was fully contained in that area.

She was moved to ICU a couple of hours ago. We are not allowed in to see her again until after 9. So I think everyone is going to wait now til in the morning. 2 people at a time can see her for 5 minutes at any time the nurse will allow except for between 7-9 AM & PM both---then NO Visitors at all.

The nurse got irritable with us all swapping out to see her so wouldn't let any of us back in. SIL complained until they let FIL sit in a chair by her bed. He was there when Rick and I left. I am shocked and horrified by people up there. The ICU waiting room is PACKED! 40 people there and about 15 chairs. 7-8 kids, bouncing and screeching and chasing about--Moms (if you can call them that) hollering and showing half their butts in their jeans---and it was lots of butt! Ones top so low you could see the color change of her nipples! Ridiculous----talk about trashy people! And LOUD! Cursing, laughing, then crying, Drama look at me kind of people. Finally Rick could not take anymore, so he called it and we bolted!

Now he is working tomorrow. Then he goes on vacation. We figure, it will keep them from being short handed tomorrow, and she come through the surgery well, and there is tons of family---so it will be ok. He will be there during lunch, and after work. Hopefully by then, she will be moved to a regular room.

Anyway----thanks for the encouragement, and prayers---it means more than I can tell you.

Tracy, the circular looking sectional was way cool----but I was wondering where you would stretch out....without curling around!!! This one seems more "usable". I hope you enjoy it in your new home. Don't forget to send us an updated address.

I need to go Water some plants---so will check in with you all in the morning.

((((hugs))))

Kat, so glad to hear that thing went even better than what was hoped for. You might think about this, while she is in the hospital being taken care of I would take care of you and the house. Then be there for her when she gets home and when everyone else goes home and leaves them. You can come thru then and Rick will be able to help out while he is off work.

I do that with my sister. While she is in the hospital I stay home because I know when she gets out that I will be really busy. She is a very needy person and doesn't take in to consideration what we have going on. So I use the time that she is being taken care of to take care of my stuff and then be ready for her.

I baked 2 different kinds of Cookies this evening and made a batch of brownies. We have a big, big party to go to this weekend and I need to get some stuff out together to take. I think I'll either buy a veggie tray or make one to take also.

OMG! He's going to kill me! Or I will him!! LOL!! He is a drama queen!!!

Kat, so glad things went well for your MIL. She's probably disappointed with only 3 small incisions! :)

Suzanne, glad your appointment went well and yahoo! about the pool in 2 weeks!! Bet you can't wait!

Jenn, glad you're loving it! I so like it when you check in!

Tracy, sorry about all the rain but yep, the alternative would be icky.

Angela, Terri, Cindy - HI!!!! <waving madly>

Have a great night and a fantastic Friday!! HUGS!!!

Good morning!

Kat-so glad the surgery went well! I would have bailed with that many people at the hospital too. Last thing you need to do is piss off the hospital staff! I agree with Suzanne-take care of you & Rick until she gets home, then ya'll can have time with her.

Suzanne-I know you must be able to WAIT until it is pool time! I got in ours once over the past few days while the rain took a break, then it started raining again while we were in there...so we swam in the rain (since there was no lightning)

Michelle-i assume the drama queen is your manager?! Is he the one that hired you? Hang in there, it IS prob opening week fears!

Angela-getting much done with all this rain? Hope you are having a great time. Check in with us soon.

Cindy-enjoying the summer yet? Any vacation plans?

Jennifer-good texting ya yesterday! :) ANY contact is better than none sista!

Terri-how is the preop going?

Macy is officially hooked on the movie Avatar. We need to buy it for her. We have been renting it for her and we have to turn it in today and she is so SAD!

I have not weighed since last week. I am too scared to honestly. so I will eat right and follow the rules for at least 3 days, then get on them and see what the damage is. Isn't it amazing how fast we can gain weight? I know I can gain 5-10 pounds quicker than you can say jack-be-nimble. That is why I will wait a few days before I weigh...PLUS aunt flow is here so I know I am retaining Fluid.< /span>

DD has been going to vacation bible school from 6-9 PM. She really loves it. When I go to pick her up they are all in the sanctuary singing & dancing. Looks like fun to me too! Tonight is the last night for that.

I need to go try out the new exercise room here but I have been hurting too bad. Maybe by the time Monday gets here I will feel more up to it.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey everyone, well I made it thru the week lol. Yesterday I wasn't sure I would, tired, cranky, headache and HUNGRY. I wanted to gnaw my arm off lol. But today I'm feeling great. In fact I just now at 1:35pm had my first shake. I'm not really hungry and was holding out to run down to Safeway and get some Soup but I have to stay at the shop and wait on the UPS guy who still hasn't shown up. grrr Have to go to the hospital at 4pm today for preop for my kidney procedure. Hope I don't have that jackass anesthsiologist (sp?) Kat's MIL had! Then the Litotripsy on Monday. Next week should be loads of fun what with passing the stones and all lol. This weekend will be quiet as DH and DS have to work, feel bad they have to work but it's good for me :)

Kat, my DS and DIL are going to Grants if he doesn't have to work. They just got their Harley a few weeks ago. Hope you guys get to go or at least to Sturgis. My gosh I can't believe the anesth was such a jackass! At least mine was very nice, even tho he didn't listen to me. Geez is seems SJRMC is always in a tiff with one insurance or another. Hopefully they will work it out like they have in the past. They are all to greedy in my opinion!

Glad you MIL's surgery went well. I think someone should call that jackass (hmmm my new fav word lol) and let him know the details. idiot. Aren't people around here amazing. And not in a good way. You think they would have the sense to act right in an ICU waiting room, but noooooo.

ugh Suzanne I don't how you handle humidty like you have. I love our average 12% lol! Yay you get to swim in 2 weeks. I'd love to have a pool, but DH say no, to much work. I said we could get a pool boy.................

Tracy glad you're back and all moved in! Like the couch too.

gosh Michelle I hope it's just the stress that's making him an idiot! The day to day stress of working for someone like that just isn't worth it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I've got to start finding time to check in more often so I can keep up :smile:

Terri

I am so glad this week is OVER!!! today went pretty good. He can't deny that when I'm there, I'm a good employee. He has been told every day this week that I'm doing well, that I'm liked, etc. This is all stuff I've just overheard. Embarrassing and I just keep doing what I'm doing and ignore them. Like I didn't hear it.

This AM was kinda funny tho. I said, "Morning Del." And he just gave me a funny look. I laughed and said, "well it IS morning. Whether it's good or not is debatable but it IS morning!" He laughed and agreed with me. So that was good.

He did blame me for another employee's crappy milkshake today! I hate that machine! If you don't do it right when you're mixing it, it sprays... everywhere! Most times I'm okay but he happened to walk around the corner yesterday when I had one spray on me. She was spraying hers all over today and he popped off with, "Did Michelle teach you how to make a shake?" She did say no. I also noticed today that if I had a shake order and he was out front, he was making them for me! :) I keep that up and I won't have to make too many of those damn things! The vanilla is fine, it's the chocolate and strawberry b/c you have to mix the Syrup in the vanilla base.

Anyway.

Tracy, yes the drama queen is my manager! LOL!! Yes, he did hire me. I'm surprised at the way he's acting b/c he's been in the business FOREVER! This isn't his first rodeo, not by a long shot.

DD loves going to VBS too. Our church has been doing it on Tuesday nights during the summer. In the fall they go back to Kids Bible Study on those nights.

Terri, I'll hang on but not too horribly long. I don't need the job that bad!

Glad you're doing well. Hang in there! Best wishes for Monday!!!

Hi to everyone!