Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Morning girls.

Last night after we got home from the hospital I posted a little note. I went back later to check and found out it never posted, wth??? Now I don't remember what I was telling you guys, lol.

I did a pedicure this morning on myself, just don't have the time right now to go have it done, I'll try next month to go. I need to get moving, we have rain on the way and I need to get to the grocery store.

About a year ago I broken the nail off of my thumb all the way down to the skin, I couldn't text for about 2 weeks. I really rely on those nails to push the little buttons down.

Make it a good one.

Hey y'all, won't be around much today. Rick getting in so late, has to reset his work time....meaning he has to have 24 hours off to make him legal with DOT. So he is home today YAY!!!!!

Will check in later when he is napping....yeah I am pretty sure he will do that!

OK, so now i know why i can not go to Golden Corral anymore....there is a REASON it has been 3 years since i have been there. I suck.

Tracy, You are not the only one that can't do Golden Corral. I'm in that same boat. I can't do the chinese buffet either.

Kat, I hope you and Rick had a great day.

I just got home from work and it was ultra boring, we only had 5 women come in. The weather sucks here. Been raining all day long. Nobody wants to workout when it's raining and today was take your kids to work day.

Now I'm just kicking my shoes off and enjoying the rest of the evening.

Tracy, You are not the only one that can't do Golden Corral. I'm in that same boat. I can't do the chinese buffet either.

See...if I could choke down Chinese I would be in trouble but I do not know what it is about chinese...i get stuck within the first 3 bites....every time! I got stuck at GC too but like a true fat girl, i loaded up a plate full of Desserts and ate that instead. GRRRRRRR :thumbup:

Tomorrow is a new day. Healthy Tracy will be in charge again. :)

I don't have a problem with GC, but I LOVE salad....and they always have soooo many salad items!!! Their savory items are not what appeals to me so much. I do like the mashed potatoes, but they don't go well with salad! It isn't an issue so much with me. I don't have much issue with over eating anymore, apparantly where my band is placed, affects that whether it is filled or not. BUT.....as you pointed out, the dessert slides in no problem!!! My choices in general are my problem. chips, and sweets. There is a Butterfinger in the kitchen, I bought 2 to put in Ricks lunches. I honestly caught myself thinking I could eat it, and replace it, and no one would know. Hello? No one else would care, and the only one it really matters to would have known and that would be ME! GAH!!!!

WTH is up with thinking like that?

We had such a nice day----laid around doing nothing. Snuggled on the sofa to watch a movie and woke up 2 hours later.....we ate the roast so I didn't have to cook anything, and we didn't have to go anywhere. Was good.

My Dad and brother come over and I cut their hair. My brother needed it badly!!! He is thin on top, but the side and back grows fast and thick, he lets it go way too long, and I cut it short!!! He always freaks out a bit!

Tomorrow I will be gone all day. I am leaving at 6 AM to take my Dad to Albq. for his check up with his cardiologist. Will check in when I get home. Y'all keep things under control for me!!!

Morning, trying to wake up. For some reason Hubby insist on going to the gym and wants me to go, ughhhh

Morning, trying to wake up. For some reason Hubby insist on going to the gym and wants me to go, ughhhh

I kinda wish I had this problem.....

It's on mornings like this where I would really like to sleep in, it's raining out and a little chill in the air. I don't mind going with hubby but sometimes I just want to sleep in a little. But I am thankful that he gets my butt moving.

I'm posting an article. It's kind of long but I feel it might be worth your read.

Have a great day.

I found this article and thought I would post it here instead of making you go out and buy the whole magazine. I thought this was really interesting. It's called "Wisdom to Go", When time is short, what really matters?

I remembered an exercise I used to suggest in my workshops: I'd ask the participants to make a list of things they would do if they were told they have only a year to live. Then I asked them to write down what they'd do if they had six months to live. After that, it was a month, a week, and then finally, a day.

With a year to live, they'd say things like: I'd travel to Istanbul, live in France, stop working, learn to weave, eat as much ice cream as I wanted, eat all the potato chips I've never allowed myself, spend as much time with my children as I possibly could, binge on sweets, stop dragging myself to the gym.

With six months to live, they'd say things like: I'd go on a major shopping spree and buy everything I'd ever wanted, I'd travel constantly, I'd never travel again, I'd eat dessert after every meal and especially after Breakfast, I'd stop doing anything I didn't want to, I'd learn to sing, I'd eat whatever I wanted, I'd show all my paintings, I'd spend all my time with my loved ones, I'd spend time alone, learn to meditate, eat in the middle of the night and not worry about burning off the calories.

But as you imagine they have less and less time to live, the answers become more poignant: I'd hold my children close, I'd tell my husband how lucky I feel to be with him, I'd smell the air, I'd crunch in the leaves, I'd watch the birds, I'd spend every waking moment I could being grateful for still being here to see, breathe, smell touch.

Bingeing is never a part of this last list. No one wants to miss a moment of being awake or alive by overeating or not feeling well. Which is a good thing to notice.

When you imagine that you have a month or a week to live, you suddenly become aware of what's really important. The entire cheesecake you wanted to eat, you had to eat, suddenly becomes an obstacle. You realize that when you eat compulsively, you feel drained and tired, unable to pay attention to the things you love about being alive, the things you might not notice as you run from errand to e-mail. The size of your thighs no longer seems crucial. Some of the things that feel important when you think you have all the time in the world seem inconsequential when each moment becomes precious.

"On the last day of my life, I would want to plant a tree," the poet W.S. Merwin said. As for me, I would want to love extavagantly (and, although I wouldn't want to binge, I would definitely eat a piece of bittersweet chocolate sprinkled with sea salt). Ask yourself what you'd do if you didn't have endless time to live. Ask yourself what your not doing now that you'd do on the last day of your life.

Especially, ask yourself where food fits into all of this. Does it make you feel more alive, or does it deaden you? Is it a consolation prize, a substitute for all the pleasures you really want?

There is more to the article, I shortened it to fit here. But I'm still processing my thoughts about it. Wandering why I feel with so much to live for that I allow food to take over. There is so much I want to do but I have let food get in my way of enjoying the people and things I want to spend time seeing. I still have a lot to think about but I wanted to share this with you guys with the hopes that maybe something in here will inspire you.

Getting ready to head to work. I only have a 3 hour shift to do. I love Fridays.

Kat, hope all went well with your dad today.

Michelle, Sorry to hear about the Yarn Shop. It's so sad to see the little shops like that close up. I may not use them all the time but I like knowing they are there when I need them.

I am home. My Dad's appt. went well, his Dr. says every single time he is his prize patient, he knows all about us as a family, and has even dropped by his house when he comes to the area to fish in quality water! Anyway....he is good, we go back in 6 months. Normal.

So while we are in Albq. I had several things to pick up for us, my inlaws and parents at Harbor Freight.

I had a question about a thing for my inlaws, so called them, figuring they should be through with my FIL's second roto rooter procedure today---he had to be there at 8:30. Sure enough they were home, and my MIL tells me they could not do the procedure--the tube would not insert, there seemed to be a blockage. So.....the plan was for him to go back in a week, hoping it was swelling. So we are shopping, and my phone rings, it is my MIL, saying my FIL is bleeding profusely. The bathroom, and he are both covered in blood. And she calls me 200 miles away???????? WTH? I ask her had she called the Dr.? my SIL who is minutes away??? 911???? No, she thought she would call and discuss it with my other SIL in Denver. OMG..........So I call my local SIL, she calls the Dr. they take him back in, I call Rick in out of the field, he meets them there, and he has been in the Dr. all day long. But seriously---she calls me knowing I am in Albq. I don't get it!

So I talked quickly to Rick, he said they managed to cathaterize him, stop the bleeding, and the cath will stay in place, they got the procedure done, and the cath will provide pressure....and will stay in until Monday.

But MIL was going to let him lay in bed with an ice pack to see if it would stop. I simply don't get it!

Oh well......

Rick does not do the gym. He might if he ever worked normal hours....but he is pretty physical at work. I need to go, and like Tracy, I need someone else to have get up and go for me, and just drag me along!!!

Will check in later. I need to go unload some things.

Kat, so glad you are home but how tramatic that must have been for you. I bet you are exhausted. I too don't understand why they didn't call someone closer or even dial 911, that would have been the best thing to do. Sounds like they really do rely on you more than what they want to admit. Bless you for being there.

Suzanne.....there are so many reasons you were put into the path of my life....this post is representative of one of them.

Where I was simply baffled, and even irritated, you opened my eyes with my inlaws. You allowed me to see them as they really are....elderly, unsure people who truly would not call and bother the Dr. if they thought there was another option....and you are right, they were using me as another option. The bleeding was an embarassment to my FIL, more so than a worry I believe! Sometimes I forget how much times have changed, and have to remember they are both over 80.

I am lucky to still have them in my life, and I am incredibly lucky to have friends like you who not only listen to me whine and complain about things that are VERY minor, but who are able to put it into perspective for me.

Thank you.......and I mean that in the most sincerest of ways....thank you.