Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Michelle, for your cleanse, find something good to read, and have something for Teagan to do while you spend inordinate amounts of time in the bathroom!!!

It will clean you out! Might not be a bad plan to buy some TUCKS. After that, the guidelines I have been given, were---I could drink anything I could see through EXCEPT red Jello, or red koolaid. I could have broth, and juices of any kind. I drank lots of tea.

The color dye in red things stains, even on the inside! So they want it avoided usually.

The stuff they give me, I could make orange or lemon (yeah right) flavored. I mixed half in a pint and a half of Water and drank it.....and then mixed the other half and drank it. Why in 2 doses? I have no clue! It took about an hour and it sent me into the bathroom, and there I remained for awhile!!!

Why you are doing it for 2 days I have no idea. It WILL cause diarhea, but whatever you do, keep drinking, you do not want to head to surgery dehydrated, and that can do it!

Good Luck with it. I'd sure come help with Teagan---I'd bring Kinsey! And help you in any way I could if we were closer. You will manage--and it will all be worth it.

Suzanne, I remember your pain a year ago. I am so sorry it is still painful. You have worked hard, and dealt with some uncomfortable situations to make sure you all remained close, I am proud of you for that!

Rick called a few minutes ago, he was headed back to the yard from Colorado, so he should be home before too long. I ask him did he want to eat, he said maybe a bowl of Cereal. I offered to cook him Breakfast, that is one of his favorites, but he said no, he wanted to get some sleep.< /strong>

And he just called and will be here soon, off to get things done!!!

wanted to say good morning all, miss you

just checking for my final headcount for Friday, up to 100 people yipee

have a great day

good morning friends

jenn-sounds like a nice turnout for Friday! that is awesome :smile:

michelle-i have no idea about the clear thing. the one time i did do it, same as what kat says, anything you can see through. poor thing!

kat-i enjoyed our chat yesterday. we need to do it again soon.

suzanne-hard to believe it has been a year since your friend passed. seems like yesterday. (((hugs)))

Cindy-do you have a countdown going to the end of school? :drool:

This is not a spoiler...OK, so i cried like a baby on the biggest loser last night...i admit it. I love O'Neil. I love his spirit.

well, i am about to get dd to school so i need to dash off of here for now. ttyl....have a great day!

Hi Jenn, have a great time.

Michelle, my Doc gave me a big one gallon jug of powder that I was to put Water in and mix it. It was cherry flavored. For an hour I was to drink so many ounces every ten minutes. After that first hour I was in and out of the bathroom. It really cleans you out. They had told me the reason they do this is because they will be working so close to the bowels that incase they knick it there won't be the risk of infection. Made sense to me but I hated it. To this very day I can't do anything cherry.

Thanks for the thoughts. I still have my days were I want to grab the phone and call her. Her husband and daughter went with us to the George and Reba concert, we all had such a good time.

Off to the gym and then back home to get cleaned up and ready for the Fridge.

Make it a good one.

Morning!

Thanks for the help! I panicked at first b/c it's seems so drastic and of course my first thought was that I wasn't going to get to EAT from after lunch on Saturday til well after surgery on Monday!

BUT I've come to the conclusion that I AM going to do this and get thru it and it's going to help me get back on track with food. I can never do the 5-day pouch test so this is forcing me to essentially do something like it.

I'm not really happy about cleaning out my system BUT I'm also looking at that as a good thing too. I've been on a lot of meds lately and I feel "toxic" so I'm thinking this cleanse will help with that too.

Hehe, there IS a silver lining to everything and darn if I'm not going to find it! LOL!!!!

Kat, so glad Rick made it home. Hope he gets a good sleep. I'm sure he needs it!

Suzanne, DH's best friend died suddenly from a massive brain aneurysm a little more than 6 years ago. He was 39 and just months from his 40th which was 3 days after DH's 40th b-day. We still will start to wonder what Roy's up to b/c we haven't seen him in awhile! It always stops us cold, we think good thoughts and are able to move thru the moment. They had been best buds since elementary school. Roy would have been 46 last month.

I guess what I'm trying, miserably, to say is that they will always remain in our hearts no matter how much time has passed. When you think of her, take a moment to remember her and go THRU the moment. Don't try to AVOID the moment.

Take care and enjoy remembering your friend. Hugs.

Jenn, always good to see you when you check in. Best wishes for your event on Friday!

Hi Tracy!!!!

A little snow on the ground and in the trees. Only 37 and cloudy/dark outside. We're supposed to get more rain today and then it's supposed to start clearing out.

Helping out at the yarn shop for the rest of the week.

Have a great day!

good morning friends

jenn-sounds like a nice turnout for Friday! that is awesome :drool:

michelle-i have no idea about the clear thing. the one time i did do it, same as what kat says, anything you can see through. poor thing!

kat-i enjoyed our chat yesterday. we need to do it again soon.

suzanne-hard to believe it has been a year since your friend passed. seems like yesterday. (((hugs)))

Cindy-do you have a countdown going to the end of school? :)

This is not a spoiler...OK, so i cried like a baby on the biggest loser last night...i admit it. I love O'Neil. I love his spirit.

well, i am about to get dd to school so i need to dash off of here for now. ttyl....have a great day!

No spoilers please!! :smile: I need to avoid this entire website on Wednesdays.

BTW how is everyone?

Hey Irene. good to see you post. Stop by more often.

The new Fridge is here and BIG. And it has bells and whistles. think I can send it back??? Don't need no stinky machine telling me to close the door. lol.

Off to our Volunteer luncheon.

Michelle, Thanks. She was a good friend and a confident, I still look to her to guide me and I know exactly what she would say to me. "Sweet Jesus Girl". She was a delight to everyone who met her.

My Mom lived with us for years before she passed away. That was back in 2000. Sometimes to this day I think I still hear her in the apartment, like she dropped something. Maybe it's her way of telling me that she is still with me.

Be back later.

All is well here.....I have been to the grocery store, grabbed a roast they had on sale, and have it in the crock pot, so no matter what time Rick gets home, he will eat tonight....none of his "don't bother" nonsense. Plus it is good for sandwiches for his lunch......

Waiting to go get the girls picture made. She is at the age she does the super fake smile, and tries to get it over with! Gonna be some work involved!!! We are just going to Sears, so not a big deal.

OK.....gotta go. Will be back later, just didn't want everyone thinking something else happened!!! LOL

I guess Connor had another game last night, but no one told us....I could have gone, since I didn't have a kid in the hospital, but since I missed that one, I am in the dog house again. Dogs pretty damn good company, I might just choose to stay here. Petty, infantile games. Immaturity, and it costs the grandsons.......yeah, a little angry. Sorta feeling like my son, easier to be angry than hurt. Oh yeah, has nothing to do with hurt, they are being asses! LOL

Thanks Suzie~ I know I should. I do most of my posting at work and things had been super crazy busy for months now. However last few days have seen some light in those clouds as we've finally acquired new staff!! Hooray!! I'm trying not to overwhelm them with too much training. I want them to come back tomorrow... :smile:

Yay on the new fridge! I'm a little jealous, but you just made me want to go buy some new kitchen appliances.

Sounds like you have alot on your plate today Kat, but it does sound like fun too. The "fake smiles" cracked me up.

Well take care everyone!

Hi Irene.....(this is the part where you imagine me running up to you and giving you a BIG HUG!!!!!!!!!!!! ) Good to see you! Thank God for Facebook right? lol My story is too long to tell so i will spare you, lol.

I just cut my nails and I feel like I can type 200 wpm now.

I will be back later everyone!!

I hope the rapture did not come and I am still here....sure is quiet here and in FB... :smile:

Pictures went well, was going to go online and look at them again, and send you all a link, and the damn thing will not let me log in it says my email address is already taken!! Helloooooo???? yeah it is ----BY ME! Grrrrrr of course customer service is closed already........so maybe tomorrow. I wanted it NOW!

Rick is stuck on a location that they are having a pump problem on, so he will not be home til early in the morning. Gonna be one heck of a paycheck! LOL Trying to think positive!! LOL

Will be back later tonight. I have Kinsey. Manda rode with some friends over to attend a meeting tonight, regarding the team being sanctioned, and dues etc. They have made plans to take all the kids from a local childrens shelter skating this weekend. So they need to finalize some plans. Not a big deal, is nice to have the company with Rick gone....

BBL

Awww Tracy, hugs right back atcha!! :) Yeah FB is my nite time host. I'm eating chocolate over there right now. But here I'm being a good bandster. :thumbup:

Hi Irene!!! <waving madly>

How the heck are ya? Oh. Guess you already mentioned that! LOL!

Glad you got some new staff in the office. It'll sure make things easier for you now.

Suzanne, glad you got the fridge. Too fancy for ya, huh? :thumbup: Love your friend's exclamation! Gotta love it!! I'm sure you do still hear mom. She's letting you know she's still keeping an eye on her girl!

Tracy, it always feels weird typing after I cut my nails. I just let them grow and then when they start to chip or tear, off they all come, near down to the quick and I start over! Kinda weird but it works for me and I don't have to spend a lot of time making sure they're all even and nicely rounded! Yes, I'm that bad! LOL! This way, they all get cut down to nothing, quickly gone over with the nail file and done!

Kat, other than Rick not coming home til the wee hours, and the kids, well, acting like children, sounds like a fairly nice, uneventful day!

~~~~~

Was at the yarn shop today. I'll be there Thursday and Friday too. Sure wish I could work there instead of just hanging out but it's not in the cards. Looks like she's going to have to close the shop. :) It's just not making it and she had to go get a full-time job. She interviewed Monday and they wanted her today! She can't pass that up. She can't afford to hire me and I can only help out so much before she gets in trouble for having a "non-paid" employee. And "someone" would invariably turn her in too. That would just be her luck!

I'm sad and she is relieved. A lot of stress when you have bills and no money coming in to cover those bills!

Well, need to go. I'll check a couple of other sites (FB included) then I've got to get some reports done for work and some checks printed off so I can drop it all off in the AM.

Have a great night!!