Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Thanks, Suzanne! I'll remember that!

Kat, so sorry about son. He's being a brat!

Tracy, I hope you feel better soon! Sorry I shared!

~~~~~

The doc called me yesterday and ordered some antibiotics for me. Only problem was that I was too sick to even try to get IN the truck, let alone drive it! Called DH to ask him what I should do and he said he'd call me back in a minute. He called his Chief to see if they could take the engine in to town (out of his initial response area) to go get my meds for me. Chief said go for it! That was so nice!

DD was a pain in the butt! She lost 2 movies AND her DVD player! :) The little brat! She's usually so helpful and sweet when I'm sick. I don't know where this little monster came from. Hope it goes back home soon and my sweet baby comes back!

Anyway, today I at least feel human. I probably don't look or smell human but I don't much care. I'll take a long hot shower tomorrow when DH gets home. I just can't trust DD right now, even for that! :biggrin:

Well, off to catch up on FB if that's even possible! Later!

Son is going next week I guess. DIL and kids not for a couple of months. At least thats the gist of what I get from my in laws who are "not involved". Irritated me so bad just now, I left and come home. Stranded my husband.

They have him cleaning their ditch--same idea as what runs behind our house, only they Water their fields with theirs, but FIL is too old to wield a chainsaw, and keep things cleaned out---so guess who gets to do it. Rick. So he is off dealing with it--and MIL kept on, and finally said one too many times that she just doesn't know what to make of them leaving, she just doesn't want to be in the middle of it. Finally I bit my tongue and told her I didn't know either, and the longer it has lasted the more I could actually care less, and I needed to get home, I felt bad....and left. So when Rick gets done, he will have to call me for a ride! I could not take her crap anymore, and I was totally afraid DIL was going to come over and try to act normally around me....nope, I am done right now, and want left the hell alone. Go to LA, and be happy. Leave me here to be happy. At least no one will be yelling over nothing.

Michelle, sorry you are still sick....Tracy, hope you don't get any worse....stress will let it knock the crap out of you I fully believe. I did ok, fighting this junk off, until I allowed myself to get so stressed. And I know you are feeling some stress right now too.

Today I am doing better, but the cough is killing me. I cannot quit coughing. My head hurts from the constant cough....as does every muscle in my belly!

LOL closest thing to a workout they have got in a long while.

How was your concert Suzanne?? I am still jealous!!!

Well I am off to lose myself in a book or something, so I can escape reality.....cuz reality sucks my friends!!! LOL

Edited by Kat817
forgot something important!

Me, Kat & Michelle are accounted for....

ROLL CALL....where is everyone? Out maybe doing something fun? Now theres a concept! lol

Kat, try some Delsym Cough Syrup. Usually find it in the kids section. Works wonders. The orange is a little nasty. I think it's too sweet and a friend just says it's nasty and won't touch it again! The grape flavor is a little better. Anyway. Helps a lot. Also, a teaspoonful of honey coats the throat and helps with that sometime too.

Been up since 7! And we've been out and about already and it's only a little after 1 here.

A small dog showed up at DH's fire station Thursday night. Has been hanging around since. Will run across the street to Rec Point every time it hears a car b/c she's looking for her people. Poor thing.

So.

DH and I are talking and we've got this beg snow storm coming in Sunday night into Monday. We are worried about the poor thing. So he and I talked and decided we'd bring it home til we could find a home for it. :confused:

They had to take the engine in to town this AM to get fuel for the rig and they stopped by the feed store b/c they were hosting a canine adoption day with the SPCA.

I, in the meantime had called out vet to see of they could look at her today b/c she wasn't coming into my house if she had something!

DD and I go get the dog. Cute, sweet and a little shy at first. Loved DD. Take her to the vet. DH is at the feed store and they want to see her when we're done.

Vet scanned her and she had a microchip!! AND the people are LOCAL!!!!

The receptionist left messages at all of their phone numbers and they are keeping her for the weekend.

They will call and let me know what happens. We told them that if the people deny her or never call back, then we will pick her up and "foster" her til we can find her a home.

Ummm, yea, once the dog is here, it ain't leavin'!!!!! LOL!!! DD has already decided that she is her dog and we'll be picking her up next week b/c the people won't take her back!

A friend of mine just lost his dog tragically and I'm trying to get him to foster her. I thing they both need each other.

We'll see what happens. I hope that her people just lost her and they're out looking for her and worried but I really have the feeling that they dumped her. She had NO collar at all and DH's station is on the rec side of the lake. We'll see.

Oh and her name is Daisy!

Hey. I am so pooped.

The concert was more awesome than you could imagine and we just had the best time. All 3 singers were great and George did a fabulous job. We didn't get out of there till after 11:30 and by the time we got home and in to bed it was 12:30ish. My alarm was set for 6:30am.

Yes, I meant to get up at that time but acctually ended up waking up at 6:15. Got out of bed and took a shower and fed the kitties. I had to meet my boss at 9am to head over to Kansas to go to a training seminar. Got back into town around 3:30 and stopped by to feed my sisters cat. I'm so surprised that I did not fall asleep at the seminar. I'm really ready right now to hit the bed but I stripped it this morning and am washing everything. Plus Hubby and I just changed the box springs and flipped the mattress. I should be sleeping good tonight.

Kat, that is horrible about you son and his family. I will keep them in my prayers that all works out for the best for them.

Michelle, glad to hear you are feeling a little better. And how sweet of you to take the little doggie in and watch out for it. I hope the owners turn out to be people that really do care about the dog and that he just somehow managed to get lost. Poor thing.

I see a long night sleep in my near future.

Good morning everyone~

I cheated last night and had ice cream but it was the only time I cheated this week so I am OK with it.

I had anopther night of not being able to breathe through my nose :thumbup: No sore throat but still have the cough.

DD has been at my sisters this weekend and dh is back on days so I have been in complete silence. Good change of pace :confused:

Still no word from dsd. I feel awful that neither one of her parents are making her accountable for her actions. I told dh yesterday that I did not want to talk about dsd with him anymore. I told him that I thought it was sad that neither one of them are actually putting their foot down and that we would not agree on the subject so the best thing to do is not talk about it. Especially since none of the advice is being heeded. That is prob one reason why she moved....she knows I am the only one that would not play her game. Oh well, I feel sorry for her.

I am gonna go check out FB. Have a great day ladies!!!

OMG, I hope all of you get over being sick! It sounds like you all have the same crud...sorry.

Well, I had a gallbladder attack Friday night that lasted 2 hours. I HATE that! Then all day yesterday I didn't feel great, but luckily, I was able to sleep "attack free" last night. I am hoping this is one of the random attacks I get. It happens about 4 times a year. If it becomes more regular, I will definitely return to the doctor and see about yanking this dang thing out. It is something I can tolerate every now and then, but definitely not even once a week. It is WAY too painful.

We have standardized testing next week. I have to test one of my students individually. His test isn't read aloud, so I just have to sit there, I can't have a book, computer, phone or anything. I just sit, and sit, and sit. It is so boring. I get to do that all week long. Pray for me, I will need it.

Hola all

sorry I've been mia... so tired

Suzanne - I'm sorry about sister, that just plan sucks you have to deal with that

Kat - that is sad he is just bailing and was not going to say anything.

Tracy - congrats on the 3lbs. what are you doing? I need to get it together

Hi Cindy and Michelle!

ok I just skimmed post, I'll admit it

I worked 55 hours this week, and have not opened my computer all week and was in bed at 5 one night, 7 another and no later than 9 the rest of the week. I love my job so much, come home covered in mud and disgusting but I'm so happy I don't care

I do care that I've gained 7lbs. my belly feels bloated but my mom tells me i look smaller. My legs are getting bigger and are solid as a rock from all the walking I'm doing. That competely pisses me off, I don't want to get bigger. Mom said will eventually lost lbs once muscle stops building. I didn't eat well at all beginning of the week but have a good system now.

I have to go shower, I have an executive board meeting at 1 I'm going to be late for, then home and relax for the afternoon.

love to you all, I'll check in when I can, just too tired to turn my computer on, but I'm sure a week or 2 I'll get in the swing of things

Ok, my family spent the last two days at my in-laws for the strawberry Festival. They live 2 blocks from the fairgrounds, so we don't have to fight for parking or use the port-a-potties!!! We boiled crawfish yesterday and had a big pastalaya today. It was pretty good. In addition to that, I bought a birthday cake and we celebrated my 4 yr old granddaughter's birthday. The pictures are of my kids and y 3 grandkids. Oh, and the clover "crowns" were made by my daughter's friend. The girls were dancing around in them. Even the 18 yr old was wearing one!

In order:

• Josh, my 15 yr old
  • 4 yr old Gracie and 6 yr old Alyssa
  • 19 month old granddaughter Miley
  • Alyssa
  • my 18 yr old Alex

We had a good time and I meant to take recent "during" photos, but we forgot....I still don't allow pictures to randomly be taken of me. I guess it is something I will have to get over. Old habits die hard.:confused:

post-40009-13813139243044_thumb.jpg

post-40009-1381313924353_thumb.jpg

post-40009-13813139243852_thumb.jpg

post-40009-13813139244145_thumb.jpg

post-40009-13813139244591_thumb.jpg

Reflecting...

This time 3 years ago I was lying in bed, recovering from my day surgery I had done. I remember being uncomfortable a little but the thing I remember feeling the most is that I was unstoppable. See, I had been reborn that day, 3 years ago today. I had just had my lap-band® surgery done. There was so much joy, excitement, fear, but most of all i felt HOPE.

Fast forward 3 years.....

Here I sit the same weight I was 3 years ago. But the funny thing is, I still feel a little spark of that hope. Maybe it is just the antidepressant kicking in, lol, but its there and I have to hold onto it. I can not let someone blow my little spark out....so I am guarding it with all that I have.

It would be easy to sit here and kick myself (more) and get lost in the 'poor me', or 'how did i let myself regain all of this'. I think I have done that long enough.

Today I have been reflecting on all of this.

3 years ago today I started a wonderful journey. I loved myself so much while I was doing what a good bandster should do. I had/have friends that cheered me on. I was a rule follower. I remember saying that there would be no way I would be one of those people that would eat slider foods or 'eat around the band'. I guess that is part of the newly banded thoughts. I wish I could go back to that one day...i remember it like it was yesterday. I tried bread for the first time about a year after my surgery and it went down. I wish I would have never tried it. But I can not take it back. I just have to learn from it. I taught myself how to cheat. That is when the fat girl took over me again.

Anyway, when I was newly banded, I had brainwashed myself into the bandster mode.

The HOPE carried me through even when the scale did not go down for a day or 2, I knew it would go down....i KNEW it would. And what do you know....by Thanksgiving I was in onederland.....what a moment that was.

Can I do it again? Can I get to onederland by the end of 2010? Sure I can. Why? Because I still have that spark....

Now all I need is a can of gasoline to throw on it....lol :confused:

Edited by TracyK

You have your gasoline right here, girl. You are making the first step by realizing and owning up to what happened. You WILL do this, because you already know you can, because you have been there before.