Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Good Monday morning everyone!

Kat-hope you get to feeling better soon....you really need to catch that before it goes too far! (if it hasnt already)

Suzanne-that is when you should be thankful the MOST for the band! Sometimes it is hard to see it though. :smile2:

Jenn-how was your Easter?

:( hi to all!!

Hope you all have a great day! :(

Waiting for Rick to get here to drive me to the Dr. I have not been this sick in a loooong time. Fever is raging---enough I scared Rick in the night, because I wanted to get up and put make up on my face because it was so cold.....not that I remember it! I remember being freezing cold. Fever is better this morning, hovering about 101.

Chest hurts, throat hurts--actually every joint I have hurts, and my hair hurts....so go figure.

In laws have not even called, and I am not getting their food to them, Rick can do it on his way back to work or tonight, I don't care.

Will check in later sometime, gonna go close my eyes and wait for Rick.

Oh Kat! I sure hope you can get some help from the Doc and feel better soon!

I'm fighting a sore throat.

Hi to everyone! Have a great day!

Had blood work, a flu nasal swab, and chest Xrays.

Verfict is a flu virus--not one required to be reported to the CDC, and a mile case of pneumonia in the upper lobe of my right lung.

I'm home, with antibiotics, and pain meds...orders to rest, drink, and practice deep breathing to keep the lungs from getting worse.

Just took some more Motrin, hope to feel marginally better soon. Rick is off buying out Safeway--he goes SO far overboard, thinking this might help me or that would be good, that he buys 6 different juices, and a dozen kinds of crackers.....he means well, but he is excessive.

Will check in after I sleep for awhile.

Thanks for caring everyone, it truly does help.....

Kat, I sure hope you feel better soon! STAY IN BED!!!

Awwww KAT!!! Feel better soon. I will say a big prayer for you! And like Cindy said....stay in bed!

Hey Girls.

Kat, so glad to hear that it isn't serious enough for you to be in the hospital. But I hate that you don't feel good. Do as the Doc says and get lots of rest.

Well, here is my story for the day. If you want to skip over this I wouldn't blame you. It's just a day in my life. I'm at work this morning and about 7:45 am a really bad storm blew in. Everything was ok just a lot of wind and hard rain. So my cell phone goes off and I was thinking that it was hubby calling me to tell me he was home from working out. Nope, it was my older sis calling to tell me that she was in so much pain that she was going to call an ambulance to come and take her to the hospital. This is the one that had the knee scope done about 10 days ago and has done nothing but complain about it. The Doc said at her follow up that she had great movement and everything looked really good. He was very pleased with the surgery. He saw no reason for her to be in such pain. They called her pain Doc and he said it was ok for this Doc to write a script for vicodin, a 10 day supply. This was last Thursday. So I texted my younger sis to tell her what was goiing on and she called me right back to tell me she was going over to take her to the hospital. Older sis was really upset when they didn't admit her to the hospital for her knee scope. So she's laying there all moaning and wiggling and they can't find anything wrong with her and said that they were going to release her. She got upset and proceeded to tell them that she was thinking about committing suicide. Give me a break. Please don't misunderstand me about this. We've been down this rode so many times with her. So they said that they would have to call a psych consult. This Doc wasn't sure about her either but decided that they couldn't keep her and were having her sent to another hospital that has a psyhc ward. So she is one happy little girl now. My younger sis and my neice both commented on how all of a sudden she changed from being in extreme pain to now being content. There is more to this story but I will save you from it. She has her daughter all upset thinking that her mom is going to kill herself. We had to convince her that she isn't and that this is just her plow to get pain meds and attention. I think this is about our 6th time with her doing this. She knows her way well thru the loops. I'm not heartless and please don't think of me as a bad person, but unless you have dealt with a person like this you just don't know that there are some things that you take serious and some that you know that she is using you.

So I take off because I have an appointment with my Band Doc. Hubby and I drive all the way out there to see what he has to say about my upper GI and he explais to us that the best thing to do is to do surgery on it. But he wants to know if I have had my second CT Scan yet. We come home and I call the Pulmonoligist office and talk to them. They called me right back and I have an appointment to have my Scan done this wednesday so we can see what my treatments are going to be. Band Doc said it's not a big rush on this and that once I have the other thing under control I can go ahead and schedule this surgery. It will be an out patient proceedure and he should have it repaired in about an hour. I told hubby I'm not sure I want to have it fixed because I'm so afraid of what to eat that I haven't and in the last 6 weeks I have lost 9 pounds. I'm liking this part of it. lol.

Get home and the neighbor comes over to sit on the deck with us and spends the next 2 hours gripeing about her cheating husband. aye, aye, aye.

Calgon take me away.

So older sis will be in the ward for about 5 days which will give me a little rest except I'll have to go over to feed the kitty and take care of a few other things.

Now I'm off to go get ready for bed. Gotta work in the morning and then come home and take care of stuff here.

Hope all of you are doing good.

Kat, feel better soon!

Suzanne, you are not heartless!!! Has your sis been evaluated for an addiction to pain meds? Just asking. Maybe a psych ward is the perfect place for her right now! Take care!

Soup was great! Couldn't eat much. Throat is killing me! I'll see the doc on Wednesday AM. I need to get clearance from him for my surgery anyway. I'll just take care of both at the same time.

'Night!

Up and trying to get ready for work. After, I have a little running around to do then I am done for the day. Looks like a nap may be in my future, lol.

Good morning everyone!

Jenn....where are you chikkie?

Michelle-feel better soon! Sore throats are so miserable :)

Kat-are you in bed resting? Hope you are doing better. Check in when you get a second.

Suzanne-i was married to someone like your sister for 4 years. It was the longest 4 years of my life. I completely understand what you are going through. (((hugs)))

SuzyT-how are you? We miss you!

Have a great day everyone. Pray that I stay on track with my eating. I am on my 2nd day. We all know the first couple of weeks is the hardest.

I think Jenn is back to work this week. I hope.

Michelle and Kat, Hope you guys are starting to feel better.

Cindy and Laura?????????????

Home from work and going over to my sisters to feed the kitty and pick up some stuff for her. Stopped and picked Hubby up and we went to vote. One thing on the ballot. Wow.

Home now with nothing to do till tomorrow afternoon. What will I do with myself??? I know, relax. LOL

I hope Jenn's first week at work goes well!

Kat, hope you are resting and feeling better.

Suzanne, what WILL you do with yourself? Oh my!! Enjoy!

Tracy, best wishes on your eating.

Seeing the Doc today instead. Changed my appt last night. Every time I swallow if feels like I'm being stuck with a knife on the right side. I'm miserable! I've tried hot, cold, warm, lozenges, etc. and nothing is helping.

I see him at 2 so I'll let you know what he says.

Have a great day!

Hello CWTBT. Hope you are having a great day.

Hi girls~

Fever has broke, chest feels tighter, but all in all, I feel better than yesterday...so it is moving in the right direction.

Suzie, no one could ever accuse you of being cold hearted! You do more for your family in a week, than most do in a year. And in one way or another most of us have dealt with manipulative people, whether addicted or not....and the addiction only makes it worse.

Could she have seen the attention the nephew got with his ordeal, and wanted the attention he got?

When I had my scope surgery on my left knee, it was a day prodedure. I got out, we stopped at a local church for a health fair, to get our flu shots. Come home, and slowly throughout the day the knee began to hurt worse. By night, I could not flinch without it causing excrutiating pain. It was swelling....I could not imagine what was up with it, I mean they just cleaned up the meniscus, not a major surgery! So I finally called the surgeon, they did not act real surprised. So off we go to meet them in the office. Not MY surgeon, but one in the practice that was on call. He actually ask if whoever was driving me in, would be up to assisting him, and if so he wouldn't bother the nurse!!! Cracked me up!

So Rick, my Mom and I go in, and he laid me down on a table in the casting room. Told me that sometimes they cause a bleeder, and the incisions are so small, the blood has nowhere to escape from, and it causes extreme pressure on the nerves. He laid me back, had Rick hold my leg flat, rolled to the outside, and he swabbed me down with betadine, and it HURT!!! Touching it hurt! Moving it was a horror! Then he took an open ended needle, and stabbed it! I kid you not! The blood squirted out about 4 feet!! He grabbed a large trash can they had right there---and just held it while the blood continued to spray out! He got my Mom over to kind of monitor the position of the trashcan, and he come over to push and kind of squeeze on my knee, which no longer hurt at all! Finally when it just quit draining, he pulled the needle--I wanted it to stay in, it was such INSTANT relief, I cannot tell you! He said I likely popped a blood vessel moving around as much as I did, sent me home to rest it for 24-48 hours, with no fairs to attend!!! And it was fine!

When I read your sisters story I thought maybe she did the same thing! But sadly as I read, I realized, there was deeper emotional problems at hand.

You have to do what you have to do. The family is furious with Rick and I over our treatment of our son. But....to accept his behaviour is to accept it, and we do not. We want him to see a Dr., be tested, and treated. It would benefit him most of all. Followed by all of us who love him. The temper outbursts will get him into trouble, and they are increasing in venom and frequency as he gets older, and as his stress levels increase. Same thing with his Mother.

I understand that feeling what you feel does not make you cruel and uncaring.....really I do.....really you are not!

Tracy, girl, good for you with your eating. I want things I don't have! So I am snacking on crap. I need to go to the store, but have been putting it off. Rick bought 7 bags of stuff, and half of what I need.....it is getting critical on the kleenex end of things. I thought my Mom would call and maybe offer to go....but as petty and whiny as it sounds, she has not called, and I refuse to call her and ask for help. So I will dress and go. And pout.....

Better get to it, before my afternoon of sleeping is out of here.

Hugs to you all!!!

Michelle, let us know what the Dr. says!! Hope YOU feel better really quick!!

Kat-reading what procedure you had done on your knee made me cringe!! omg... anyway.... so far day 2 of eating right is going great! I am really going to get this done. Not like I do not know how to do it, right?

Michelle-how did your dr visit go? Sorry to hear that you are so sick too! :thumbdown:

Suzanne-enjoy your R&R!

Jenn-thanks to FB (and suzie) I was reminded you are back working. How is it going?

Just checking in real quick. Need to hop in the shower and then get dinner made then bring macy to girl scouts. Have a great evening everyone!