Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Sorry about the weather not cooperating Michelle! I actually washed my car today, the brakes were sqeaking, so I knew it was really grimy!!

As for your hysterectomy, it is a wonderful thing! Ranks right up there in competition with my band! I would not trade for either of them! I had a fully open surgery---from hip bone to hip bone, and pubic bone to belly button! But I had cancerous endometrial tissue to be removed. I was down for about a month---not lifting, not driving, that kind of thing. I was limited in my doing for a full 6 weeks, but I felt great after a couple of weeks. I have never taken any form of HRT, have never had any issues. I went through much of the menopause type issues prior to surgery--because the cancer had choked off my ovaries. So.....I have done just fine without any HRT, and I will be the big 50 this summer.

Had lunch with Marie, and we sat and talked for well over 2 hours! I went and washed and vaccuumed my car, and come home and fixed dinner. Was an uneventful day. No communication at all with either the son or the inlaws. Looking to get a pissy call from his siblings over it in the next day or so. But Rick is standing strong that he is not enabling him in his actions anymore. It is time for him to see a Dr. and get some medication for his bi polar issues. Will just ride it out, keep my mouth shut, and see where it all lands. Thanks for letting me vent to y'all!

Will check in tomorrow. My Mom and I are heading to town with Kinsey to get her Easter shoes, and to get things for Easter dinner. Not sure what to have.....what have you all got planned???? Ideas??

Morning Girls. Just got back from the gym. I did a mile on the bike and a mile on the treadmill. Had to leave to come home to get ready to take my sis to her post-op Doc appointment. Get home and there is a frantic phone call from her (Drama Queen). They called and cancelled her appointment till tomorrow. So I just need to go get her some groceries.

Other than that I will be outside most of the day till it's time to go to work at the hospital.

Catchya soon.

Just got home a little while ago and fixed me a salad. Took it out on the deck and enjoyed the weather and lunch. It is so beautiful outside. Makes me want to call in sick at the hospital this evening, LOL.

Hope you're having a good one.

Kat and Tracy, I got an e-mail the other day from Laura. It was a copy of a Birthday Announcement for Carson's 1st. B-day. It's really cute but OMG. I can't believe he is a year old. Where does the time go?

It's gonna be another beautiful day here today. Hubby and I are getting ready to go to our monthly family Breakfast. We will leave there and head to a funeral. A good friend of ours Mother passed away Monday. That should put us back here around 2pm. Then guess what????????? The lawnmowers are coming out and getting used. Our first cut of the year. I love to mow, lol. Really, I do.

Think I'll pull some pork chops out to put on the grill tonight.

Make it a good one.

I love to mow, lol. Really, I do.

Well, head on over here. I have 4 1/2 acres. You can mow all day! I really admire people who love to mow, because I just don't see the appeal. I guess it is that I HATE to get hot. I hope you enjoy your breakfast AND your mowing.:thumbup:

good Morning all

I had thoughts but I lost them.

Kat - you are right, this is healing and helping me seperate the before and after, and does feel like I'm dealing with death. But when all is said and done I will be a better person

Tracy how are ya?

Suzanne - nice here too, cooking on the grill sounds like a good possibility today

I didn't get an email from Laura, I must totally suck.. LOL (JK)

well, off to shower, drain is finally fixed and dry and ready to use. YIPEE

Good morning everyone! :thumbup:

I have been running around so much I have met myself coming back twice! :eek: Looks like today might be a relaxing day!

I have been so sad lately. My LA family is breaking up and it breaks my heart. I am closer to them than some of my own real family. I am there to support both of them but it really is tearing my heart to pieces. So if I have been quiet lately, it is just a bunch of things all rolled together. Sometimes I feel like I can not even breathe.

and.....

Remember when I mentioned way back when that my husbands ex wife quit paying the house note that is in dh name? Well.... is filing 13 and putting the past due balance on the chapter 13 but needed my dh to sign the paper since the house is in his name. What choice do we have? It is either that or have a foreclosure. So that is what is happening with that. OH, and we have been shopping for dh a truck and we got turned down because of her not paying the house payments. SO, it looks like we got screwed again. Hope we do not need anything for a while. The thing that really pisses me off is that she is getting off scott free. No apologies, nothing. :frown:

Jenn-I am doing good. Trying not to keep myself from going into a vortex of sadness & self loathing. I am hanging on by my fingernails.

Kat-I think we are going to grill on Easter. Macy is having her Easter party at school today and she is very excited. They still have not tested her for the dyselxia. So that is a wait & see. I sure hope your ds gets some help with his bipolar. I will say a big prayer for all of you! That can not be easy to deal with!

Cindy-good to see you post again. Have a fantastic Spring Break!

Suzanne-so you will be in my neck of the woods in mid September? I am SO looking forward to it! :cursing:

suzyt-i will bet that Gia will start flourishing having someone in her life that is taking time with her and cares for her. She is a lucky girl to have you!

Michelle-sounds like you a great plan for when you are going to have the surgery! Hopefully everything falls right into place and it all goes smoothly.

*everyone* I hope you all have a great day! Try to enjoy some of this sunshine!!

So this morning on our way to the funeral, hubby puts the driverside window down. We get to the funeral and the window won't go back up. They are calling for rain here tomorrow and the next day so I take it to the dealership. $350.00 to replace the motor. By any chance did I happen to mention that we are retired?????? Doesn't matter to them. Uggghhhh.

Suzie, the window motor is EASY to replace! it is a couple of plastic plugs, and the only expense besides the motor itself which should be between 80 & 120, I'd guess, is about a bucks worth of clips to put the door panel back on with. Either when you do it or have it done, have them check the condition of the track, if it looks worn, replace it then, where you combine your labor costs.

Jenn, I suck too....I saw the birthday announcement on FB, but I never receive anything from any of them besides Pamela. But it showed me what they thought of me quite simply and quickly.

I have friends that we don't always agree on everything! We are still friends, but apparantly with them we were never really friends....it's life, it happens, and I learned! IMHO they lost a good group of women, and it is truly their loss.

Tracy, sorry your friends break up is so heart rending, I understand some of what you are going through.

I have been in a zoned out place with the mess with my son. Rick is adament, we stand our ground. And not enable him to act out like this. His Mom (MIL) is babying son, and mad at us for not moving on like it never happen---which is what he wants. To be able to rage and then act like it is normal to talk to a parent or anyone like that. It is not, and it is not acceptable. In the meantime, I am heartbroke, I am not going to Tball practice, son does not want us there. Well actually he said that the other day, now he has his wife call and tell us when it is, so we know we are welcome, but HE does not have to atone, apologize or in any way acknowledge he acted like a horses ass......sorry, I am going to shut up about it, it just weighs so heavy on my mind. I miss my boys....but mostly I am scared for my son, I know this is signs of what affects his Mom, and she has been through hell, I want more and better for him, but HE has to recognize it....and has yet to do so.

Rick is thinking we should buy chickens, and raise chickens up on our property here. He wants fresh eggs. Build a chicken coop, raise chickens, feed chickens, so what do ya think, in the end, eggs about $12 a dozen???!!! LOL

Right now if it would relax him and make him happy, I would build it myself.

Tracy the finances suck! We have similar issues through the years with Rick's ex. At one point she was obtaining credit using his info like they were still married. We got it stopped but it still reported in on him, and she does it knowing everytime your credit is inquired on it lowers your score.....and there is nothing we can do short of a new civil suit each time she does it....and that is expensive!

I have days I enjoy the yard work Cindy---most of them in the Spring and in the Fall, the heat of summer, I am like you and avoid it!!! Last year we did our yard AND the neighbors, but looks like he will be able to do his own this year. Too bad he is not well enough to do ours too!!! JK Rick has no issue with mowing......I hate the constant dealing with watering........but it is less yucky than the fireplace in the winter...so I'll take it.

Speaking of which, guess I will go get some wood. We have had, sun, clouds, rain, blowing sideways rain, snow, blowing sideways snow, and lots and lots of wind today......snow.....green grass and yellow daffoldils poking through the snow. So no cooking out here. Pork chops on the stove!

See y'all in awhile!

Kat, they called and said that the car won't be ready till tomorrow so I will call in the morning and have them check the track. Don't need a second time going in.

As far as the announcement, that's the first time I have heard from any of them except Pam. I'm in your boat with you guys. I guess I just wasn't worth their time either. I do miss going to that room but my sanity and self-esteem are worth more to me. I'm enjoying my new friends here and some of my old ones.

Pork chops were delicious, almost as good as the weather. I saw tons of daffodils out today. Tulips will be here before we know it.

LOL same here...I am up. I am getting ready to go into town and take Easter things to my 2 oldest grandkids, well to drop them off with their other grandma. Then to DD's to take Corvins. Might meet Rick for lunch.

MIL called this morning, trying to talk like all was normal, she never once mentioned the elephant in the room.....typical. I talked to her very normally, she is old, and has been stressed enough lately. If she wants to call me I will talk to her fine. I will not do the same with my DIL as much as she thinks I should. We have to make ourselves understood.

Sooooo glad it is the weekend!

I am cooking brisket for Easter, it was something my Dad loves, I mentioned it and Rick was in total agreement! Not your average Easter meal, but it will work! I am also going to make some stuffed portabellas, for the girls, and likely my Mom, I think she sounded like she would prefer that to brisket!!!

I'll check back in later.....

Kat, the brisket sounds like a wonderful idea. Besides, it's not about the food but enjoying the family time. But we have doen things like that before. I cooked chicken Fried steak for Thanksgiving. I only make it about once a year, so I thought it would be a treat. It's all about family time and spending it enjoying each other.

Finally got the carpets shampooed.