Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Off to take Miss Kinsey to the movie. Connor does not like movies, he wants to talk, and wants the lights on....and is non stop motion. Kinsey likes to lift the arm between the chairs, snuggle up, keep the popcorn close, and watch. She is my movie partner. She soooooo wants to see Alice in Wonderland, but I am told it is too intense for her. Dang it!

Rick left for work at 1:30 this morning! He went to bed at 6 last night!

Kinsey was here, it was skate night, and we woke him up laughing. She saw some guy on Survivor on TV who was very well built, and she tried to say "wow he has puffy muscles" instead it come out of her mouth as "wow he has puffy muffles" So all night we giggled over Puffy Muffles.

Today we will go where we will not wake anyone!

BBL----everyone better check in, getting worried!!

Hey girls. Sister is well and at home. Doc came out and said it was worse than what he had thought but he was able to clean it all up and was very pleased at how the knee looked. I was really surprised at how face he had it done. They took her in and I went to the surgery waiting room. I was there all by myself for about a half hour and than decided to go get some Breakfast. They had mixed scrambled eggs, kinda like a denver omelette. I had them just give me a scoop of it and it was really good. So I go to the department that Hubby and I volunteer at to tell them that we probably wouldn't be in. They begged for us to come in but said that they understood. It's just that they have been swamped with surgeries. So I go back to the waiting room and they are waiting on my. She's all done and sitting in a chair. They had PT come down to make sure that she could get up and walk.

I get her back to her place and get her all set up and she fell asleep in her recliner and I dozed on the couch for about 20 minutes. The phone rang and it was our younger sis to tell us she was on her way. I left them to fend for themselves.

Hubby and I went in to work and were really surprised to have a girl that we first strarted with be there to help pitch in. As busy as we were, we had such a good time. We were exhausted by the time we got home. I took a muscle relaxer and cut it in half and took it. slept really good and was able to go over and deal with sis this morning. Got her all cleaned up, changed her dressing, got her breakfast and even did a little grocery shopping for her. She took a soma right before I left, so she is good for awhile. I'll go back over later this evening to change her dressing again, I told her to ask her daughter if maybe she might be able to do it but I'm not holding my breath.

Younger sis came home from spending the night with her and was telling me about how she is such a needy person but doesn't really care about your needs or if you are being inconvienced. DUH, are you just figuring that out?

So now I'm home and getting some stuff done around here. I need to go turn our taxes in. I hate putting that off and I'm sure he doesn't like me waiting so long either.

I have a eye appointment in the morning and than I think I will come home and Shampoo the carpets. Looks like the weather will be nice enough for it. Sure wish I could pick the carpet up and put it in the washer and then hang it outside to dry. LOL.

Have a great day and everyone hang in there.

Hey girls. Sister is well and at home. Doc came out and said it was worse than what he had thought but he was able to clean it all up and was very pleased at how the knee looked. that is great I was really surprised at how face he had it done. They took her in and I went to the surgery waiting room. I was there all by myself for about a half hour and than decided to go get some breakfast. They had mixed scrambled eggs, kinda like a denver omelette. I had them just give me a scoop of it and it was really good. So I go to the department that Hubby and I volunteer at to tell them that we probably wouldn't be in. They begged for us to come in but said that they understood. It's just that they have been swamped with surgeries. So I go back to the waiting room and they are waiting on my. She's all done and sitting in a chair. They had PT come down to make sure that she could get up and walk. That was quick, glad you enjoyed your eggs.

I get her back to her place and get her all set up and she fell asleep in her recliner and I dozed on the couch for about 20 minutes. The phone rang and it was our younger sis to tell us she was on her way. I left them to fend for themselves.

Hubby and I went in to work and were really surprised to have a girl that we first strarted with be there to help pitch in. As busy as we were, we had such a good time. We were exhausted by the time we got home. I took a muscle relaxer and cut it in half and took it. slept really good and was able to go over and deal with sis this morning. Got her all cleaned up, changed her dressing, got her breakfast and even did a little grocery shopping for her. She took a soma right before I left, so she is good for awhile. I'll go back over later this evening to change her dressing again, I told her to ask her daughter if maybe she might be able to do it but I'm not holding my breath.

Younger sis came home from spending the night with her and was telling me about how she is such a needy person but doesn't really care about your needs or if you are being inconvienced. DUH, are you just figuring that out? :Banane20:NOW THAT IS FUNNY...welcome to your world.. right?

So now I'm home and getting some stuff done around here. I need to go turn our taxes in. I hate putting that off and I'm sure he doesn't like me waiting so long either.

I have a eye appointment in the morning and than I think I will come home and Shampoo the carpets. Looks like the weather will be nice enough for it. Sure wish I could pick the carpet up and put it in the washer and then hang it outside to dry. LOL. I want to do mine too but got cold and damp again.

Have a great day and everyone hang in there.

Kat - that is funny, i love when kids are silly and just laugh forever

what movie are you going to see? Alex and her friends went to see Alice...

I have been writing a letter to Rachael Ray for the last 3 days, finally got it finished and sent it to the Pres of Patriot Hills, she has become a very close friend, and I wanted a 2nd pr of eyes before I sent it. RR is from the area that we are working to get this center built... and shoot, we got a personal letter from Michelle Obama so I'm sending one to RR!

Well, I'm off to get some more info out, got our press release finished up and want to send it out.

Hi friends-

Thanks ya'll. :Banane20: Kat-YES, I need a fill but my head is in the wrong place right now (and I do not really have the funds either) but in a week or 2, for sure.

I have been researching my family tree to keep my mind occupied. That is addictive!

I need to get up and make supper.

Kat, still praying for your family.

Jenn, what kind of slim shots?

Suzanne-glad the knee surgery went well :Banane20:

Kinsey has bugged us for over a month to see ToothFairy. We kept delaying, and she kept begging. Well today is the last day, and I felt bad! It is a movie, and she wants to see it, and I know how I feel when Rick puts me off from seeing one I want to see. So we went to see ToothFairy. She laughed, she thought it was good. It was about what you would expect. There were things she totally missed, the play of words, the Fairy things....but she laughed a lot. I enjoyed being with her. about half way through she climbed into my lap--so I got to spend some good time just holding her and snuggling, and smelling her sweet hair---just loving on her! I kept calling her Puffy Muffles all day---she still giggles!

I have rice frying for dinner--I have the bourbon chicken waiting. We will go to Connors Tball practice, then come home, I will scramble the egg, stir it all together, and dinner will be done. Easy Peasy. Kinsey wants some to take home. Manda will let her have it all, and she will eat hers minus the chicken. She is good about fixing meat for Kinsey.

Then Rick will head to bed early, I am sure he has to be out by 3 AM tomorrow. They are going out into the reservation, and it is a long ways on the dirt---and it is supposed to storm. Hopefully they get in and the job done and back out, before the roads get bad!

Glad your sisters surgery went well Suzanne, I prayed for her good outcome, and strength for you!!! LOL. True story!

Tracy--I hear ya on the cost of the fills, as well as being ready to do it. I am not wanting any fill, but I know I have to BE ready in spirit, or I will hurt myself!

My SIL and nieces still fill and unfill and will, she came so close to dying, and she has not changed a bit, she throws up all the time, and goes from super tight to unfilled several times a month. She has regained about 40 pounds I'd guess, and she wants it gone immediately. She fills tight, and thinks it should kill her cravings, and weight should fall off. It doesn't. The more times you lose it, I think the harder it gets. Then she irritates it, cannot swallow anything, gets dehydrated, unfills completely, goes to the ER for and IV and then it starts all over. Crazy.

I just plug along, and have been the same weight for months. I want to lose more, but I guess I have not wanted it bad enough yet. Soon I keep saying!!!

Jenn, have fun with your planning, and emotionally, just let the feelings come, and then they will go too. You cannot wish yourself to be rid of them and they magically go, anymore than we can wish ourselves rid of the weight and it automatically go away. Would be nice tho huh??!!

Cindy, Michelle, Laura, Suzy......where are you?????

good morning

Tracy - look up slim shots on the internet, and ya know what sucks, i don't want to eat and can't lose a single ounce. working out for an hour a day and nothing $GH

Kat - you mean i can't wish away my 25 lbs and have it go away? lOl

i'm running late - catch ya'll later

Wish it was that easy for all of us Jenn, I would have us all at goal, and staying that way!!! I can wish with the best of them!!!

My Grandma used to tell me "If wishes were fishes we'd eat them for breakfast" My Dad had another about wishing in one hand, that isn't worth repeating!!! LOL

It's dreary outside, and we have a wind advisory for the afternoon. Yuck.

For years and years my mail come in the mid afternoon, now we have a new carrier, and she delivers it in the morning, at like 9 AM---I hear someone on my porch and freak out thinking someone is here! Strange, how you get used to things certain ways.

So far the day seems without things to be done.....little things, need to go pick up Ricks Rx. But lazy day. Wish it was a regular week, Rick would be off the next 2, but with this schedule, since he is chasing frac this week, he works this weekend. The paycheck will be nice, but I miss him.

He just called and said he wanted SOS for dinner---he had heard someone talking, and it sounded good. I am always hounding him for dinner ideas, and then when he has one, it is always sooooo wierd!!! LOL

Well I better go make my calls. I have to check on MIL, or her feelings get hurt!

Will talk to y'all later!

Busy day so far.

I got up and got ready to go to my eye appointment. Took the Doc about an hour to do my eyes. He was very thurough. I should have my new glasses in about 10 days. Hope they do a better job this time than last time.

Left there and drove back home to go get my sis's prescriptions and some lunch. Went over to her place and changed her bandages and got her all set up. I left there with her in her recliner eating her lunch. She'll be asleep before long.

Neighbor called and wants to go to lunch, so I will be leaving soon for that. I was going to Shampoo carpets today but a liquid lunch sounds so much better.

This afternoon I will head over to church because our annual fish fry is this evening. I'll help them get set up and work for a couple of hours. Than I'll buy one dinner and get a few extra pieces of fish to bring home and share with hubby.

Beautiful sunny day her but very windy. The daffodils are popping up everywhere. Soon the tulips will be fallowing. I love this time of year. Not as much as Fall, but I do love it.

Have a good one.

Wish it was that easy for all of us Jenn, I would have us all at goal, and staying that way!!! I can wish with the best of them!!!

My Grandma used to tell me "If wishes were fishes we'd eat them for breakfast" My Dad had another about wishing in one hand, that isn't worth repeating!!! LOL

Wow, I wish I had a dollar for every time I said the one your dad said....I would have it MADE!!! :tt1:

So, why would you put the Fat Girl in charge of the dessert table. Holy Cow. I was cutting up cakes, pies and cobblers. The Cookies were driving me crazy. But I did it all with out a single bite and didn't even bring a piece home with our dinner. The fish was excellent.

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I haven't checked in in awhile. Things have been crazy around here.

Worked this week for my friend at the yarn shop. She trained me on Sunday and Monday for all of about 3 hours total and then I was on my own starting Tuesday AM! It all went well and I was able to fake my way through things. I really enjoyed it! Too bad she can't pay me! LOL!

It looks like I might get some classes and supplies out of it though and that would be totally cool!

I'm tired though! Not used to HAVING to be anywhere on a regular basis and then actually having to WORK! LOL! The days are only 10-4 during the week but still. Today was CRAZY but fun.

Only problem I'm having at this point is not walking out with a TON of yarn!! We got a huge shipment yesterday and restocked shelves today and I kept seeing stuff I wanted to take home with me! Like a kid in a candy store!!!

Oh! BTW, I caved and activated my account at FB. I didn't realize I was signing up under my real full name when I did it, so I freaked out and suspended my account. My yarn shop friend convinced me to go for it and how to fix all of the privacy settings, so I went for it. PM me if you want my name in order to "friend" me! Seems so... I don't know... strange, I guess. Anyway.

Things are fine at home. Reggie is a great dog except for a couple of things and I'm hoping my trainer friend can help us with that. I'm sure she can.

Well, I'm tired and need to do some computer stiff before heading to bed. 'Night!

Finally got the kitchen and dining room floors mopped.Just wish I could get around to shampooing the carpets. Maybe next week. It's raining here and I don't want to do them while there is so much humidity.

Went over to sisters and helped her out. Got her all cleaned up and fed. Than I went to a Pampered Chef party for one of my customers. Got out with only spending $35. I have so much of that stuff anyway.

Stopped at the store and bought the stuff to make Chili Soup. It's a WW recipe and only 3 points for a cup of it. Can't hardly wait for dinner.< /span>

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA. I had to run out of town to help a friend of mine. I am exhausted....I almost fell asleep at the wheel on the way home so I stopped and got a monster java and woke my bootie up :w00t:

Kat-I started doing the exercises and I can tell my back is getting better. Thanks :eek: I knew of the routine but had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. You are a lifesaver :sad:

Michelle-I am glad that you are on FB. Will you PM me your info so I can friend request ya?

Suzanne-chili Soup? Sounds FANTASTIC!!!

Jenn-I had a dream we were sitting in my living room laughing about something. I woke up smiling :unsure:

Have a great day FRIENDS.....:)

Sunday morning~~~I've read the paper, fixed Rick some breakfast, and am sitting here eating a bit of cottage cheese---morning is not my usual eating time!

Worked out to where he was off yesterday, so we went to Durango, hit a motorcycle swap meet, where we bought a hundred bucks worth of parts, and traded a bunch, and did the biggest business, with the guy across the street!!! LOL Well it was his booth, but the stuff we got was from a friend of his. We had a good time, walked around downtown for a bit. Come home, went out to dinner. Was a non cooking day. We met Becky for breakfast, they ate, I snipped a couple bites from Rick, and was way enough! She and Gary were fighting, from the night before, so only she come to breakfast, Gary was pouting, refused to go or to go to Durango, because he was mad at Beck.....we just avoided it! Except Rick, without even knowing what they were fighting about made it worse!! Half of their fight was Gary refusing to go to dinner unless it was someplace that he could get a beer....the other half was him refusing to pick up after himself. So she walks in when she gets here to go to breakfast, and I was not ready yet (she was 20 minutes early---which is so NOT Becky!) I was getting ready, and she and Rick were talking. We had been laying on the couch the night before watching The Blind Side, and he had taken his socks off, when we went to bed he left them there, so when she sat down he saw them on the floor and picked them up and took them to the hamper, and she about come undone!!! Ranting and Raving about how hard was that, because Gary cannot do it! LOL So I guess she threw a hissy before she left, went around to all the tables he had stuff piled on, and knocked it off onto the floor----and then left. I have been afraid to call and see how things are! LOL They are nuts! They both work full time decent paying jobs-------hire someone to come in once a week or so, and quit fighting about it! He is over 50, she is not going to change him now, they have been married since she was 16 years old, you would think she would have discovered he had faults a few years ago!! Rick and I do not fight like that, it freaks me out! I get mad, not usually at him, and yell and carry on, and he looses it sometimes about things, but we are neither one confrontational with one another---more so with others! Becky and Gary we refer to as "The Bickersons" they snipe at one another all the time!

I just talked to her on the phone, told her I told you guys about them, she said to tell you he is still a pig, and she is still right! He snorted in the background when she said it! They crack me up!

Tracy, we are built similarly, weight in the front, not in the hips etc. And the PT told me that is part of the problem with my back, that going from relaxed to it having both all the weight from my breasts AND the belly suddenly, caused a spasm that would last until the weight was removed for a period of time, usually over night, only to begin again the next day. She said if I would do the warm ups, it would help, and it has....hope it continues to help you too!

Michelle, what a good friend you are, working for nada!!! But what a great way to network if you do want to get a small part time job. Lots of people to come face to face with, and word of the owner....hope you enjoy yourself!!!

Suzanne, glad to hear that Sister is settling in and healing from her surgery. It is not a long recovery, but it does cause some pain. People want to act like it is nothing because you have no real incision!! My one knee, that they did the patella (kneecap) release on, was a long recovery, and no one "got it". The meniscus clean and repair on the other one, was a week or less in me getting almost back to normal, the knee cap was more like 6 weeks, and by then the scabs were even gone from the poke holes! Both were totally worth it tho!!!

Wish I could catch your cleaning bug....I am sooo lazy!

Jenn, enjoy your day reading!!

I am off to help Rick measure where the new carport is going to be off the side of the shop......$$$$$$$ it never ends........see y'all later!!