Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

MY NEW BED IS HERE!!! :eek:

I did not take the Trazodone last night. I've had a Migraine for the last 2 days and have felt drugged and crappy. Took something for the migraine and went to bed. Slept like a log! Go figure!

Migraine is greatly decreased today and I'm feeling better to a certain extent. Still feel like crap, tho not as much.

We'll see what happens tonight with the new bed. I'm thinking tho that I can not take the Trazodone. I tried taking only 1/2 and after sleeping for a couple of hours, started twitching so got up and took the other half.

I feel toxic and am tempted to go off of EVERYTHING! Problem is, I know what happens when I'm not on anything. Means I would be looking at surgery then. Pretty bad when surgery is looking better than meds. :mad2:

~~~~~~

Jenn, you do sound better. I'm so happy for you. Best wishes at court today.

Suzanne, congrats on the tickets!!

Tracy, go to the rodeo. Have fun!

Kat, how's your friend holding up? Funeral was today, right?

~~~~~~

Storm is blowing in. I was glad that it hadn't started raining yet when they got here with bed. They said they'd deliver between 9:30-11:30 and wouldn't ya know, they were pulling in the driveway AT 9:30!!!!!!! That NEVER happens for me! Thank goodness I have everything ready for them. Did all of that before I even left the bedroom this morning.

Well, need to go. I hope all of you have a good day. TTFN!

Yay, glad the new bed is a good one! Hope the headache eases. It might take a few days for the meds to leave your system if that is what is causing the Migraine. What kind of surgery would you be looking at. I think I missed something......not new, I do that!!

Suzie, I do not have a way with words, in fact find myself saying the wrong thing often!!! But 90% of the time it is said with good intentions anyway!!!

Tracy, I agree, go to the rodeo! I love them. I volunteer for the HS finals here when they have them, and love it. Be careful, or you might end up being a "buckle bunny" yourself!!!! Was it Suzie who said go people watch? She is so right, we laugh ourselves silly at some of the cowboy walks!! A riding heel will make you stride differently, somewhat like a woman in heels as opposed to tenny shoes. BUT.....we have categories. Seriously! Some of them walk like they met up with the saddle horn suddenly and unexpectedly! Others walk like they have a corn cob up their butt!!! We laugh at that, and the wads of chew some of them think are so hot----girls too! Girls chew tobacco these days!! OMG ewwwwww You will enjoy it.

Funeral was this morning. Was not terribly emotional. They have known for years this disease was killing her (ALS) and it was basically just a mass, they did not have a eulogy. At each of my grandparents funerals, one of us grandkids, read something, that all of us got together and wrote up, in memory of our grandparent. Like my maternal grandpa letting my DD Manda sit for hours and brush his hair, even tho it was never more than an inch long! How he loved Matlock, and laid on the floor and colored pictures with us. Or my paternal Grandpa seldom calling me by name, half that part of my family only knows me by Honey Child! There was none of that. I left there knowing nothing more about her than when I went in. I missed the "human" side of it. The cemetary was ankle deep in mud! Ice, snow, mud, it was horrible! Lots of old people sliding around. My parents and my inlaws being some of them!

Went with them (parents and inlaws) to a little diner here in town and had a bit of lunch, then come home. Fire was out, house was cold.....hate that! BUT----in my backyard, and in the yard at the church both, I saw Robins. So Spring is coming!!! Not fast enough, but the birds say it is coming! So got wood in, stove cleaned, fire lit, jammie pants on, and kicking back now!! Thinking I might have a diet DP, and read for awhile.

Rick called last night, looks like he will be gone another week. Makes me so sad. I am usually so excited when Friday rolls around, he is off then for 2 days. Today it feels like it is mocking me! And Becky is in Texas---so I am really alone! LOL

And Tracy, thanks for the exact wording on the quote, it was in my mind, but I didn't remember it, I just knew the idea of what I wanted to say, but not the words!!!

Well gonna go feed some more wood into the fire----everyone take care and I'll talk to ya later!

Only just a few times have I been lucky enough to be the first delivery of the day. It makes the whole experience a little nicer.

Hope you enjoy the bed and that you have lots of sleepful nights.

Tracy. I am such a people watcher. One reason I like to go to ball games. They are so facinating. Just to see all the different kinds of people.

Kat, you'll be a happy girl next week when Rick says he's coming home. Sometimes I like when hubby is away for a little bit. Maybe a day or 2 but any longer and I freak out. I know I can exist without a man, I just don't want to.

I think my neighbor and I are going to the local HS basketball game tonight, maybe.

Kat, I don't know that you missed anything. I can't remember if I've mentioned it. My gyno put me on Levora birth control pills to stop my periods and Prozac to help with the Migraines and excessive mood swings. I have raging PMS and periods and w/out some sort of control, I cycle too often, too much and deal with the side effects of it all for several weeks a month.

If I can't stay on the meds, I am looking at a full hysterectomy. Sad to say but surgery is looking better and better all the time! I hate having to take all of this stuff. If it wasn't for this, the only thing I'd be taking on a regular basis would be my supplements. My Maxalt would just be for once in awhile when I trigger a Migraine. I have other triggers than just the cycle stuff but that other stuff is mostly controlled.

Everyone I've talked to that had cycle migraines said that after their hysterectomy, they didn't have them any more! Mood swings were gone, all of it!! I have a natural food store that I get all of my supplements from and she said she's got stuff to help with the menopause stuff after surgery. I don't want to do HRT.

Anyway, that's where I'm at right now.

The last of the migraine that started Wednesday is gone. Thanking GOD for that one. The shoulder is feeling better too. I am feeling better. I only took the Trazodone 2 nights and this is what it has done to me! Yuck!

I'm sorry that Rick is stuck out of town. I know how you feel. I'm like that when DH gets stuck on a fire. It sucks! After awhile you don't even care about the overtime he's making, you just want his butt home!!!

Thanks Suzanne! I'm hoping too!

Well, I'm going to finish watching the ever-depressing news and then go to bed! See ya tomorrow!

Looks ike we are both being nightowls Michelle!!!

Yep, I too had estrogen induced Migraines, and fought with them for years. They wanted to try this and that and the other before finally being forced into the hysterectomy due to cancer!

I had the surgery, and never had another Migraine until I got my band. Then I had 2. Not severe, but it scared the hell outta me! Then I found out through my surgeon that fat cells hold estrogen, and when I was losing quickly it was being dumped into my system, and hello migraines again! I have not had one in years now. I love it. I love not dealing with female issues. My hysterectomy and my band, I would not trade for either of them!!!

I have NEVER taken HRT. I dealt with many of the issues of menopause prior to surgery as the tissue choked off my ovaries long before surgery. I have less hot flashes than before....and not to subject everyone to TMI, but there has been no loss of desire, and occasional dryness has been the ONLY downfall. And there are plenty of things to help that.

If you do not want to try to have a child, then go for the surgery would be my advice. It will improve your life so much you will be amazed!! And depending on what the cause, they can even do hysterectomies laproscopically now!!!

I was cut from hip bone to hip bone, and pubic bone to belly button!!! Big ol cross----I always said it was a sign---a cross, that I was going to be ok! And here I am!

My niece just had hers done laproscopically and was up and around very quickly.

Well I am taking my pity party to bed. I have been up playing games on POGO, to keep myself occupied. Kids are all busy, DH and my BFF are both out of town......I sat here and bawled my eyes out. I hate being alone.....I know exactly what you mean, I am totally glad he has a job, and yes the OT is nice, but having him here is priceless.....sniff

Off to bed with me.....will watch Property Virgins in bed!!!! LOL

I had the surgery, and never had another Migraine until I got my band. Then I had 2. Not severe, but it scared the hell outta me! Then I found out through my surgeon that fat cells hold estrogen, and when I was losing quickly it was being dumped into my system, and hello Migraines again! I have not had one in years now. I love it. I love not dealing with female issues. My hysterectomy and my band, I would not trade for either of them!!!

I was cut from hip bone to hip bone, and pubic bone to belly button!!! Big ol cross----I always said it was a sign---a cross, that I was going to be ok! And here I am!

My niece just had hers done laproscopically and was up and around very quickly.

Well I am taking my pity party to bed. I have been up playing games on POGO, to keep myself occupied.

A little over 3 months after surgery (over 40lbs down) I started having migraines DAILY. They continued until I had the hysterectomy in December. Since then, none. Mine was done laproscopically and vaginally.

I didn't know you POGO. I POGO too!

I read all updates daily, but I have been staying late at work.

Kat: sorry Rick is out of town again. I used to hate when my husband worked a lot of overtime. The money was good, but not having him sucked. He didn't go out of town too much but leaving the house at 4am, coming home at 7 pm, eating dinner, taking a shower and immediately going to bed, didn't amount to quality time. All of this was when our children were small. It sucked bigtime, but he did what he had to do to support us. A few years after I began teaching, he took a job with a different company. It amounted to almost a 20K a year cut in pay because of no overtime, but it was worth it.

Jenn: it sounds like you are sorting through stuff much better now. The positive steps you are taking now will pay off later.

Suzie: George and Reba sounds good! My family and I have tickets for the Bayou Countryfest in May down here. The first day is Taylor Swift and a whole bunch of other people (daughter loves her so she and I are going that day). Day 2 is Brooks and Dunn and Kenny Chesney. Son love Brooks and Dunn and since they are ending the group after this tour, he and my husband are going that day. My hubby and I saw Brooks and Dunn in concert about 4 years ago and they put on a great show. If you are a country fan and they come near you during this last leg of the tour, I recommend going.

Tracy: What is the verdict on the rodeo? I am not too much of a rodeo girl. I have been to one twice, but the smell doesn't agree with me. They have the Angola Prison Rodeo in Louisiana. I have never been to THAT one, but I hear it is really good. The reasoning behind it seems to be that the prisoners don't care as much if they are hurt, because then they are released from the work detail. See, Angola is a working farm prison.

Michelle: yay on the new bed!!! I am kinda jealous. My bed is really good, but it is 6 years old so it doesn't quite sleep as well as it used to, but I still love coming home to it if I have been traveling. And I feel exactly as Kat does regarding the surgery, my band and hysterectomy were the best things that happened to me since the birth of my children!

It has been a rough week at school. My partner teacher and I received a new student. He has been kicked out of the alternative school. He has also been taken out of school by three cops, all the while, trying to take their guns and screaming that he is going to kill them. He has threatened teachers and has an extremely violent side. He should not have been placed in the block with my partner teacher and myself, since we are the inclusion classes and this child is not sped but received 504 services. We already have 3 autistic children and 2 other sped kids in our regular ed classroom. Change is difficult on our autistic kids and yet they have given us 9 new kids since November. All of that being said, we are the best team for him. I am patient and always give a child a chance. Since they know that I will give him the chance, teach him and keep him in class if possible, he is put in my class. The child is so angry. Anger radiates off of his body. This is my tenth year of teaching and I have never experienced a child like this. The first day, if I correct him for anything his fists balled up and he swung them; not really at anyone, but he was swinging his fists. I have to try to convince him that we want him here and we aren't like his other schools. I told them(admins) at a meeting yesterday that I feel like I have been beaten. My body hurts from tensing up and being on my guard each day. Then I proceeded to say that it isn't really his fault or problem; it is just me trying so hard to make sure he is ok, that my body has a TON of tension. Y'all I can do this for maybe another week, but after that, I can't keep it up. Physically and emotionally, I just can't do it. Hopefully, he will realize we are different and will let us give him a chance to succeed.:cursing:

Good morning everyone!

Kat-I am sorry you are missing Rick :cursing: When you & Michelle were posting I was in lullaby land. I remember when Frank would go offshore for work and would be gone for a week or two. I missed him so much!

Michelle-what kind & size bed did you get? Are you loving it?

Cindy-hang in there. You have a good heart. Just keep trying and remember that you can only do so much. I will say special prayers for you. The little boy is lucky to have you as a teacher. I pray that he sees how much you care and that you are genuine in wanting to have him in your class.

Everyone-I think I will go to the rodeo but it will be mainly to the livestock show to see the animals. I do not really want to go to a concert. They will have a carnival & lots of other things. It lasts for a couple of weeks, so I have time. I would really like to watch all the weirdos, LOL.

Poor people in Chile. I hope the tsunami warning will be called off.

Have a great day everyone!!

Good Morning~

I am so glad my DD no longer lives in Hawaii, I would be so worried about her if she did!

Cindy I can see your pain in your post about how to help this boy while protecting the other kids in your class. It just makes you wonder what the child has lived through to fill him with such horrible, strong emotions. He is already so mistrusting, you have your work cut out for you, to try to get him to feel accepted in a short period of time. I feel for everyone involved---as you say especially with your autistic kids, routine is extremely important, so you are really working with one hand tied behind your back, if not both! I will be thinking of you. Remind me again what age these kids are......

Hormones and migraines....my best friend Becky, always thought red wine triggered hers. Which is quite common. What she had not put together was she only ever really drank when she was seriously PMS-ing! So imagine the surprise, when following her hysterectomy, she could drink red wine without issue! We had to laugh.

Rodeo does smell....but it is a smell I am used to from the barn! Not something I would choose to dab behinmd my ears for sure!

Yep, I POGO. I play lots of different games, depending on my mood! Will PM you (and any of you that want it here) my name there, and you can look me up! We just get a lot of readers in here I don't know, so will PM it!!

Long ass weekend stretched in front of me with nothing to do. I decided in the middle of the night, I was going to drive to Grand Junction today.....but read the paper this morning, and the mountain passes all got snow, and a big storm is due to hit tomorrow. So guess I will keep myself here.

Granddaughter is with her Daddy this weekend, and DIL was not too receptive to the idea of me taking Connor and not all of them to lunch. LOL

Think I might go get my hair cut off! But this is not the right mood to approach something like that in, I might end up with no hair left!! LOL

Who is the rodeo concert Tracy? And why don't you want to go? Crowds? Cost? Music genre?

This is the country Megaticket this year, we usually buy the tickets, but too many of them collide with already made plans......so guess not this year. Tickets are $120.00 for all of them. I wish we could do it. Might do a couple individuals anyway. Definitely the first one, although we are seeing Jason Aldean at Sturgis. Not sure what we will do, but we will hit some, and they also usually offer at least a couple of old rockers we want to hear too!! LOL

The 2010 Country Megaticket includes the following concerts:

Brooks & Dunn with special guest Jason Aldean - May 22

Tim McGraw with special guests Lady Antebellum and Love and Theft - June 2

Sugarland with special guests Little Big Town and Danny Gokey - July 29

Toby Keith with special guests - August 12

Brad Paisley with Darius Rucker - September 19

Rascal Flatts with Kellie Pickler and Chris Young - October 17

OK, enough rattling on.....see ya later!

I LOVE MY NEW BED!!!

It is going to take another night or 2 to get used to it. Always happens with a new bed. And I was a little restless but not too bad. It is sooooo soft! You get in it and sink! :wink2:

Tracy, it's a Spring Air Back Supporter in Medium. It's an Eastern King.

Queen = 60x80

California King = 72x84

Eastern King = 76x80

We were fine on the length of our Queen, it was the width that we wanted so that's why we ordered the E. King.

I didn't know Brooks and Dunn were splitting up! I love them! How sad!!!! Does anyone know why?

Thanks for all of your input on the surgery. It's looking better and better all the time. Only problem is being down for so long. With Michael's schedule, I'm alone for a full 72 hours with no family closer than an hour away. My mom is looking at back surgery in April so I wouldn't even think of doing anything until after that. I don't know how fast surgery would be scheduled. My doc also talked about putting me on a med for 30 days that basically mirrors a hysterectomy. It can only be temporary and it would tell us if a lot of my symptoms would go away with surgery. I am going to talk to him tho and see what kind of time line we are looking at. Also what recovery might be like.

I have a cold! Yuck!!!

Kat, last night, as bad as I wanted to go to bed, my brain wouldn't shut down! HATE that!!!! it was swirling with thoughts of dogs and hysterectomies! Quite a combination! LOL!! After I got off of LBT I went to a site where I can do jigsaw puzzles. I love puzzles but haven't done one in a long time. DD would want to "help" and it would actually drive me nuts. I have 2 unopened boxes here.

Went to bed about 1. Tossed and turned for an hour then woke up at 5 when the power went off and the battery back up for Michael's computer started beeping. It will beep until it's battery dies or you turn it off. I turned it off! Then was right back to sleep!

Heck of a storm we are having. It tried snowing around 10 this morning. Didn't stick at all. Didn't think it would. So far, since the storm hit early yesterday afternoon, we've had 3 1/2 inches of rain!!

Well, I suppose I need to check the fire and then get in the shower. Talk at y'all later!!

Hey all

I am dealing better - I do have bad days when a lot comes to surface, but I'm dealing with them. I know what I need to do

As for Migraines, I use to get them horribly and they went away and now that I think of it, I get them back with lots of quick weight loss. Mine are also sinus related so when my allergies are borderline and I can't quite put my finger on it, I know a few days of allergy meds will help control them, but I get them to the point of huggin the toilet for days.

Kat, Darien Lake in Buffalo has a great mega ticket out there, Saratoga Has one but only 3 shows on there right now for $150 - I'm not sure what I'm going to do, hold out.

I so want to take the Zac Brown Band Cruise but with no tax return, there is no way that is going to happen. They are going to be in NYC but I don't want to deal with that, but they are the concert I'm on a mission to see this year. Sugarland was amazing and is on the Saratoga tour, Brad Paisly and Darrius are another.

Well, I don't know what the scale says, but I know I have been living on Soup and broth for 2 days and still have a hard time with stuff in soup. It hurts so badly. The damage is done and i need to make it go away, but don't have the will power to do it right now

ugh... so I have a guy I dated for a week, proposed to me!? COME ON.... SERIOUSLY I tell him I am happy with someone else and he doesn't care. I am so cold to him and it doesn't even matter. Thats why I like Billy - he is just there for me.

Anyway, off to do something, not sure what, maybe snowblow, my back is killing me from shoveling wet heavy snow so i'm going to be a cheater today.

Hope all is well!

Kat...it is 2 weeks worth of artist that range from Tim McGraw to Mary J Blige. I am the type that would much rather buy something for the house than spend alot of money on concert tickets, lol.

Tracy, I understand about wanting to buy things for your new house----just don't rule out all having fun!

I can look back 25 years ago, and remember plain as day Rick at a Journey concert.....he had been drinking some (ok we both had!!) and he was totally 100% enjoying himself----right down to his air guitar accompaniment to the band!

That memory I can smile at all the time, but I cannot tell you what comforter we had on the bed, or pillows on the sofa at the time.

I know in many cases one is a necessity and the other is not....but just a reminder to have fun along the way too.

I am thinking of painting my bedroom this week. Not sure I am up to moving the bed alone tho.....and have no one to help me. I do not want to ask my Dad he is too old. Son is working all week......going to see what it would entail, and think about color!

Kat, I teach 4th grade, so the ages range from 9-12:bored:, depending on how many times they have been retained. After Katrina, when I was teaching in Baton Rouge, we had two New Orleans kids that came who were 13. I love them and wouldn't change anything about what I do, it is just really stressful sometimes.

Edited by crzytchr

I had my hysterectomy about 10 years ago due to bleeding tumors. They tokk everything, all my eggs and everything else. So if they end up taking your eggs you will not go thru menopause. But I did take premarin(sp?) for about 4 months afterwards. I had a hard time regulating. I took it long enough and finally the doc said I could ween myself. I'm telling you right now, best thing that ever happened to me. Even though I was in my 30's at the time, I would still do it again.

Hubby and I went and saw Brooks and Dunn last Sept. and I highly recommend to anyone that if you have the chance to go see them. Awesome, so much energy. I'm such a huge Gorgeous George fan and Hubby has a crush on Reba. Out of the rest of the line up I would recommend Tby, he is great in concert. I have never seen Lady A and would love to go see them.

Went with neighbor and her kids today to Fazoli's for lunch and sure enough, I ate to much. Almost started to PB right at the table, I was able to get it under control but ended up with the hiccups. The were so loud. We all laughed really hard about it. So her skinny little 10 year old daughter and I headed to the bathroom. She got there first and went into the handicap stall. So I start to go into the other one and it was barely big enough for me to turn around and pull my pants down. I made the remake about how small it was and she said that is why she took the one she was in. I asked if she was almost done and she said yes but I had to go so bad and couldn't wait. I sat down and went and hardly had the room to wipe myself. We giggled about it all the way back to the table.

Good morning girls. I woke up at 5:30am and decided to stay up. That way I'll go to bed ealy tonight so I can get up early for my work shift tomorrow.

I pulled a ham bone out and boiled and I have the Beans soaking. Ham and beans and corn bread later today. Anyone want to come over for dinner? Oh, I almost forgot. I have to dice up some onion. A must for me.

It's supposed to get up to 41 today and then dip the next few days. But by the weekend it's supposed t be in the mid 40's again. I'm loving it. So ready to get the pool open again. Right Jenn?