Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Yay Suzie, I love not having to take meds now. To be actual, I take an OTC acid controller everyday along with my Vitamins, but no Rx meds at all.

Prior to surgery, I took Metformin for blood sugar, HCTZ, and Lisinopril for high blood pressure, Lovastatin for high cholesteral, and Celebrex for knee joint pain. Now nothing! With insurance that is still a savings of over $90.00 a month! The Celebrex cost me back then $40 a month, and generics were $15---the HCTZ was cheap--but still, that is a lot of money!!

Off to watch some Olympics, and try to get into a new to me, but old book Manda brought me over to read. See ya all tomorrow!

Ewwwww, it's 11 degrees out and I have to go into work. Looks like it will be a 4 layer day. LOL.

The reason Hubby and I went to the Docs is because when I went to pick up our meds, our co-pay had went up to $25.00 a piece for brand name. We decided we would ask him if he could give us generic. One of hubby's he said he could but didn't think it would be as good. It's his Crestor. So we are going to try the generic for 3 months and see how it goes. I know we shouldn't girp about the $25.00 but when you are retired and on a budget, you have to watch every penny. The nuerotin(sp?) was given to me when I had my toes operated on about 5 years ago. The Doc who did it never took me off of it and I really haven't been back to see him. So this Doc said since it was so long ago and that is was such a low dose that he didn't see why I couldn't come off of it. My Band Doc took me off of the Metformin the day I had my surgery. Yesterday Doc took me off Actos. That just leaves my Glipizide to take. My last 3 A1C test have all been right around the 5.5 mark. Good enough to take me off one more med. And than I have my kidney med to take. So I'm down to 2 meds now. Happy Me.

Looks like my BIL and I are going to the movies tonight. He has been wanting to see Avatar. I loved that movie and would like to see it again. The only thing is that it doesn't start till 7:40pm. That would put us home around 11pm. To late for me. lol. So I think we are going to see the 3D IMAX showing at 6 pm. This will be neat. I have never been to a IMAX movie. He's also not sure if he is going to use the wheelchair or the crutches. I told him to use both. Wheel in and than park it at the front and than use the crutches to climb about half way up. There is still swelling in his stump and until they can get that down, he can't go in and get fitted for a new leg.

OK, off to go dry my hair and than to work. I'll be back soon.

Suzie, congrats on getting off some more meds! That is great. My mom has $800 per month of prescriptions. She hits the gap in her medicare by April every year. It is sad. My dad started ordering her non-preferred expensive ones from Canada and he is saving a fortune now.

Good Morning all

just up drinking my coffee.< /p>

Suzanne - congrats! that is a great feeling isn't it?

going to snow for the rest of the week here, which stinks, big storm on Friday and I have to go to court. I can't wait until this is over with, he is such an ass and is not in my/our lives at all, and somehow still seems to haunt us, and control me.

I wish my glasses were in so I can see.

Jenn-the end of your post made me LOL. "I wish my glasses were in so I can see" LOL. It is the little things in life, right? You said it so matter-of-fact. Just tickled my funny bone.

:cool2: YAY SUZANNE!! I am SO happy for you! That is outstanding! :tongue_smilie:

Cindy-I have never heard about ordering from Canada? eh? lol

Awww man, I gotta bring macy to school. I will be back soon...........

Now I am back and I can complain a little :tongue_smilie:

I woke up at 1 AM with my hips and lower back killing me. I tossed and turned for almost 2 hours then got up and came in the living room, waited for the pain pill to kick in and by the time it did, it was too late to go back to sleep. Since on occasion I hurt all the way down my leg, I think it is my sciatica. Gosh I miss my chiroprator. I need to find another one. I know that my pain is a direct result of regaining weight and I am trying to do something about it again, but I figured I would come here and complain a little while. I guess in the transition back from obese to slightly overweight i will just have to grin and bear it. It will get alot better after i get about 30 pounds off.

OK, I am done now....LOL

Home from work and I can not get warm. Seriously. I'm shivering. I brought it up with my Doc and he had my Thyroid checked and all is ok there. I have 2 thermal underwear shirts on and a t-shirt. Crimany.

I had a bowl of Fiber-One Cereal for Breakfast and I really liked it. Had a wonderful taste to it. It's better that Kashi.

Hi Ladies!

I am so flippin' tired, I can't hardly stand myself!

The Ambien has been trying to work but I'm too restless and get up anyway. Saw doc this AM and he stopped the Ambien and put me on something else. Can't remember what it is off-hand. Supposed to make me sleepy but also stop the muscle movement. He also wants B-12 numbers so I stopped next at the lab before hitting the pharmacy. Good thing all are in the same building! Killed 3 birds with 1 stone!

Got the new sheets I ordered for the bed. Still waiting for the mattress pad. According to tracking there is an "external delay" whatever the hell that means! New set is still on track for delivery Friday AM as far as I know.

I was supposed to go to the city this afternoon for a fill but I canceled it this AM. I need to get my sleeping under control and that will help get the eating under control. THEN got stuck at lunch! WTH!

Good news for meds today it seems. Tho I seem to be ADDING new meds all the time, doc told me I could stop the HCTZ. I was only taking a quarter of it and had stopped a couple of days ago. BP was 115/75 today. Not bad!

Well, I gotta go. It's good to "see" everyone. Take care!

Michelle, I think I have heard that about B-12 before. I guess I need to read up some more on it. But I bet you can't wait till your bed is all put together and you can relax and feel comfortable on it.

Just and old lazy day here. I took a little nap and it felt good. BIL and I are not going to the movies tonight. He's home sick and I'm not going around him.

Be back soon.

I freeze too Suzanne!

Took my parents to town today and helped them pick out and buy a new TV. Ok, I helped pick it out, and set it up, I did not help buy it!!! LOL

Ricks best friend from childhood, that was just here, is on his way back. His Mom passed away a couple of days ago. I am so glad he come when he did 2 weeks ago, so she could talk to him, and he spent some quality time with her. I think they will be staying with me. Not sure yet when services are, but I will be going of course, Rick would have been, in fact he likely would have been a pall bearer, but being out of town, he is not.

I talked to him this morning, and he called to tell me, he got out of his truck to help a kid who is a new driver, get his chains on. They were going up to a mountain pass called powder Horn, it has a huge high dollar ski resort etc up there, and there is feet of snow up there. He knew the kid was nervous, so he stopped to help, got back in his truck to go check and see how others were doing, and he said it felt like his nose was wet, so he was going to wipe it----and his mustache was froze solid!!! From breathing on it in the ice cold! Had to laugh!

I have a huge crock pot of pork roast cooking. Will let it cook overnight, and shred it, and add sauce tomorrow, and take it out to our friends family home. Pulled pork is easy to make quick sandwiches while getting things done. There will be quite a lot of family coming in from out of town. I bought 4 packages of Buns, and am making a big double batch of brownies. That should work. I feel so bad for the family. Our friend has issues with some of his family, they don't like his lifestyle, they think he acts too good for them (he is in my opinion!) but, it is a difficult relationship, usually tempered by his Mom, so with her being gone, I figure they will stay here from now on out.

Rick has his cell phone charging apparantly, it goes straight to voicemail....hate that, I want to talk to him! He'll call back as soon as he gets to the room, but I hate waiting!! LOL

Guess I will go hang clothes up, I heard the dryer quit. Talk to y'all tomorrow.

8 above and a windchill of 4 degrees. That's what is facing me as I walk out the door to go exercise. So glad hubby woke me up for this. But that's ok because I didn't get in any yesterday.

I'll be home soon.

Home from our workout. Now I'm gonna have a bowl of Fiber One cereal. I like that stuff. And it wirks. LOL.

Got lots of housework I need to get caught up on, so that is my agenda for today. And then it's Hospital day.

I'll check in when I can. Make it a good one.

Sitting here getting get caught up on American Idol from last night.

One of the girls we work with at the hospital texted me to let me know that they only have 2 surgeries and that if we wanted to stay home that it would be ok. Well you know it doesn't take much for a guy to say he will stay home. So here we are. Got my houswork done and I will just spend the rest of the day getting caught up with stuff on my TiVo.

Tracy, it's up to 17 degrees now. Looking for a high of 23. That pool is looking better to me each passing day. Before we know it I'll be floating.