Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hi everyone!

Let me send the address now before I forget.

Ladies I have been so sick the past couple of days...sorry for the neglect but tissues and niquil have been my best friends....

Hi everyone!

Let me send the address now before I forget.

Ladies I have been so sick the past couple of days...sorry for the neglect but tissues and niquil have been my best friends....

Me too, Tracy. I went to the doctor today. I have a sinus infection so I am on another round of Zithromax.:)

Jenn, I am glad to see you are feeling a little better.

Me too, Tracy. I went to the doctor today. I have a sinus infection so I am on another round of Zithromax.:)

Jenn, I am glad to see you are feeling a little better.

I am so sorry you are sick AGAIN!! :biggrin:

My dr appt is for tomorrow. I could go in today and see the PA but I want to see my dr. My appt was originally for discussing my pills that i take so now he can see me for the crud too. I wish I could start a Z pack today! I would even take a shot if he thought it would help.

*sniff* My ears hurt...they are popping too so I think I prob have an inner ear infection. I will try to call my dr and see if they can squeeze me in today. When they go to weigh me I will just keep my eyes closed. I really am not in the mood to see my PRE lap band weight on his scale. :wink2:

I will check back in later....

Rick has decided to get back into shape. He is doing exercises every night. Sit ups, and push ups----not me! BUT we did make a pact to begin walking each night after dinner, as soon as the Olympics are over!

Following his valve surgery, we walked daily---it helped his recovery and my weight loss---but somehow, somewhere doing it fell away. We decided to do it again. I know I need to do it. I am going to uncover my elliptical today! It really is not covered, but there is a doll house blocking it's ability to spin around, as well as an unused exercise ball!!! Imagine that! Going to find new homes for those items and get with it. He wants his muscle tone back before making such a long ride....and he has a point. Our bike is really heavy, and it helps to be able to control it easier.

As soon as I can ride again, core muscles should get a work out again.....til then it is inside equipment....and MAKING myself do it.

Anyone want to agree to.....say....even 15 minutes of daily activity---meaning some sort of exercise----to help push me along?????

Sorry y'all are feeling bad. My throat is kinda sore, like something is trying to get started on me. I spent the first half of the day yesterday not being able to get too far from the bathroom.....not sure what that was about. I took so much Immodium, I may have other issues!!! LOL Sorry way TMI I know!

NM is going through a big battle in regards to the concealed carry permits. There is a group fighting to give us the right to carry our weapons into a restaurant or bar. There is a restaurant group fighting it. I KNEW I was not supposed to have it in the places, but it is usually --if I am carrying---in my purse, and I never think twice about it! Seems so silly----here they are fighting about it, and I would bet anyone who is carrying CONCEALED will keep it that way!!! There are those who get the permit, and then wear a holster so everyone can see they are armed etc--------THEY are the ones to worry about alcohol, and weapons! If you feel a need to let others know you have a gun, then the gun could well be an issue.

Going to my weekly lunch with Marie today. I need to make a pot of Soup before I leave. My inlaws are sick, and she informed me that my DIL and grandsons are not feeling well either. They seemed fine, but WTH, I'll make soup. I didn't do it yesterday when the hint was made, but hey I was not feeling good then either, and no one was making me anything!! LOL

So....gonna go get busy.

Kat, I'm in. I've got to get my fat ass moving!!

Tracy and Cindy, sure hope you both are feeling better soon!

Kat, hope you, and I both aren't getting sick!!

Jenn, you sound great! Sorry about the set-back, but I'm thrilled at how you are putting it in a good place for yourself.

Suzanne, how did yesterday go?

~~~~~

Didn't get to sleep til after 4 this AM. And that's only after being up and down, working a little and finally just crashing on the air mattress that was still set up from my mom being here over the weekend.

We are getting a new mattress set. We're going to go to the store today. Probably have to order but that's okay. I'll let you all know how it goes.

We are looking at getting another dog too. We want to rescue someone that needs a home. We are looking at specific breeds so it may take awhile. Either a Newfoundland or an Old English Mastiff (yes, both huge dogs!) and they can be a mix of some sort but it also depends on the mix. And they can't have ANY aggression towards anything! Sounds picky but we have a senior dog and a preschooler. We may someday have cats again too. We can't have the dog trying to chase the deer or the squirrels either. It'll happen someday! :biggrin:

Well, I've got to get moving. I promised one of our employees her check by a certain time today so I've got to get moving in order to get it to the office in time!

Talk at ya later!

Long day yesterday and I am exhausted today.

Everything went well at my appointment. It actually should have been better but I'll take a 4 pound loss. So I'm telling Doc about the fact that about 3 nights a week I wake up about 2-3am and have to down rolaids. He wanted to know if there was a reason for this happening and I told him that if I ate after 7pm at night that I knew I would be waking up with acid in my throat. So he has decided to order an Upper GI. He said to rule out any possibilities of anything being wrong, no hitial hernia or anything else. Now I'm just waiting for them to call and schedule an appointment.

Than I'm off to go meet my friend Judy and she picked an all you can eat salad bar place. It was really nice there and very clean. I tried some stuff I had never had before, like Jicama. I liked it. lol. So we sat a gabbed for 4 hours. She's my 8 week therapy session. We've known each other since we met in the pool at the Y. That was about 9 years ago. She now lives over by my Doc so the only time I really get to see her is then. We finished talking and then went across the street to Baskin-Robbins for some ice cream. We ended up sitting there for a long time also. Finally I got home in time to watch the Olympics.

Got up early this morning a went to work and went to give my quarterly blood draw for my kidney. I then went to Wal-Mart and did my shopping. Came home, put things away grabbed my cat and got in my chair and took a nap. Feeling a little better right now. Tonight I have to go to the High School for their last home basketball game. My next door neighbor plays for them and it's Senior night.

Kat, I'm all in on the exercise. Here is my problem with it though. I have pinched nerve in my left leg. I think it might have to do with my sciatica. It has gradually gotten better but it's been months now. I would love to get out and walk but there were times my leg would buckle on me. I am now up to being able to walk a 1/2 mile. After that I have to baby it again. My treadmill is in the utility closet downstairs. Whenever my sister and her hubby decide to move out, I will pull it back out and use it. Right now it is 24 degrees so walking outside is not an option. Plus there is still snow in someplaces. So that leaves me with work, going to the gym with hubby and housework to give me my fifteen minutes of exercise. But I'm going to make an effort to get it in.

I'm also thinking about joining WW's again. Next monday will be the first chance I have to do it. I used to go on tuesday mornings and all those people want me back. But my older sis has decided that tuesdays would be a good day to schedule all of her appointments. So mondays will be when I can go to the meetings. They start about 45 minutes after I get off work so that will be easy for me.

Loving the Olympics.

We are looking at getting another dog too. We want to rescue someone that needs a home. We are looking at specific breeds so it may take awhile. Either a Newfoundland or an Old English Mastiff (yes, both huge dogs!) and they can be a mix of some sort but it also depends on the mix. And they can't have ANY aggression towards anything! Sounds picky but we have a senior dog and a preschooler. We may someday have cats again too. We can't have the dog trying to chase the deer or the squirrels either. It'll happen someday! :biggrin:

The last 3 dogs we got were rescue dogs. We found all of them on petfinder.org. You can put in the breed and sex you want, your zip and they can locate dogs that are as close to you as possible. Also, when you look at each individual pet it tells you the temperament of the dog and whether or not it is housebroken or has any health problems. We adopted the first two, each with health problems and had them 5 and 7 years. The one we have now had no health problems. She is a malti-poo and an absolute doll. We will never again get a dog that isn't a rescue. There are so many out there that need a good home and you know what you are getting when you adopt these dogs!

I'M GETTING A NEW BED!!!!! Will be delivered a week from Friday! WhooHoo!

Now I just need to get a set of sheets and a mattress pad for it. We're going from a Queen to a King! We brought the frame home today so we can have the bedroom all set up and ready to go when DH leaves for work next Thursday. They'll bring it in and set it up but DH wants to elevate the bed like we have the queen so this way he can have all of that done and ready to go. We store all of our luggage under the bed as there is no where else to store it and I have sheet sets and extra blankets in those!

Cindy, thanks for the tip. I'm on Petfinder everyday now! :biggrin: You can even go in and click on boxes on the side that says size, young kids, cats/dogs in the house, etc. Really narrows the search down. It's great!

Our current dog was rescued off the side of a road out in the middle of nowhere. She lived at the fire station for 2 weeks before DH finally brought her home. She's now 10 and slowing down. Arthritis. I had to go get pain pills for her last Friday b/c she flared up again. :tt1:

The dog that we had when we got DDog was a rescue from the SPCA. We lost her when she was 8, due to cancer. That was 6 years ago. :thumbup:

Before that, DH's dog came with him when we got married (22 yrs ago!) and then we had taken in 2 of my mom's dogs when she had to move to an apartment in the city and couldn't take all 3 of her dogs. We've also always had cats. Rescues or ones that showed up and we feed and take care. We had to put our last cat down about 3 years ago and haven't had one since. :tongue:

I totally agree with you, Cindy, about so many needing homes! We'll always rescue!

Suzanne, sounds like a long day yesterday! Glad you enjoyed your time with your friend!

Off to get some things done, then head to a friend's to play Bunco tonight!

Have a great night!

After we moved into our house I attempted to get my hubby to get a dog. But our next door neighbors at the time had 8 small dogs and the otherside of us had 2 poodles. Hubby said that was enough dogs for one area, so we never got to have one. We ended up with kitties.

Suzanne, my neighbor is just the opposite, they have 9 cats. Who half of them think they live at my house. Now I like animals, but don't care to be home to other peoples animals. I cannot leave my lawn furniture out, without her cats making hair nests in the chairs, laying on the table, and they have shredded the back to my lawn swing.

I had a cat for 16 years----he did NOT get on counters or tables---a spray bottle when he was a kitten broke that habit. Same with shredding furniture! We had a can filled with nuts and bolts, shook it everytime he went near, then moved him to his scratching post----and I never had anything shredded. This really, seriously irritates me!

Along with the 9 cats, she has a Great Pyranese, and a Rottweiler, and the rotty barks, every minute we are outside....there is also a parrot, and a cockatoo that shriek----loudly! How the husband rested through his chemo I have no idea, the house is a noisy zoo! There are multiple fish aquariums with fish, and frogs, and lord knows what else.

I can take all of it except the destruction of my stuff, and am unsure how to handle that. I set mouse traps on the swing, and did me no good. Put strips of duct tape upside down on the chairs, and saw the cats walking around wearing it....didn't deter them!

I have mentioned it to her, and she says scare them away. That is NOT my job!!!

Any and all suggestions appreciated!!

Well DH went and bought his next project bike tonight. Should be an interesting build.

We went to dinner with the son, and family tonight. He made me mad, and is on my list! Long story with no value, he was just a jerk.

DD had a late meeting, so I had Kinsey for the afternoon and we kept her for the evening. She was so shocked, I let her wear her tutu around! I figure WTH!!!! She is 5---and if she wants to wear a tutu, why shouldn't she!!!

My inlaws are sick, so I took out chicken Noodle soup---homemade! And last night Rick mentioned eating chile Beans, and his Dad ask where his were. So I took them some of those too.

I know when I don't feel good I don't want to do much, and I am not 80+ years old....so I did what I should! My FIL is bleeding when he urinates, so is going to the Dr. tomorrow, hope all is well.

Guess I will head to bed. I ate too late, and KNOW it is not good for me......but I is sleepy!!! LOL

See ya tomorrow.

Kat, I'm in. I've got to get my fat ass moving!! That makes 2 of us!

Tracy and Cindy, sure hope you both are feeling better soon!

Kat, hope you, and I both aren't getting sick!!

Jenn, you sound great! Sorry about the set-back, but I'm thrilled at how you are putting it in a good place for yourself.

I'm getting there! I actually met someone when I wasn't looking

Suzanne, how did yesterday go?

~~~~~

Didn't get to sleep til after 4 this AM. And that's only after being up and down, working a little and finally just crashing on the air mattress that was still set up from my mom being here over the weekend.

We are getting a new mattress set. We're going to go to the store today. Probably have to order but that's okay. I'll let you all know how it goes.

We are looking at getting another dog too. We want to rescue someone that needs a home. We are looking at specific breeds so it may take awhile. Either a Newfoundland or an Old English Mastiff (yes, both huge dogs!) and they can be a mix of some sort but it also depends on the mix. And they can't have ANY aggression towards anything! Sounds picky but we have a senior dog and a preschooler. We may someday have cats again too. We can't have the dog trying to chase the deer or the squirrels either. It'll happen someday! :(We are looking at a Berenise Mountain Dog, in the St. Bernard family. Good luck

Well, I've got to get moving. I promised one of our employees her check by a certain time today so I've got to get moving in order to get it to the office in time!

Talk at ya later!

Long day yesterday and I am exhausted today.

Everything went well at my appointment. It actually should have been better but I'll take a 4 pound loss. So I'm telling Doc about the fact that about 3 nights a week I wake up about 2-3am and have to down rolaids. He wanted to know if there was a reason for this happening and I told him that if I ate after 7pm at night that I knew I would be waking up with acid in my throat. So he has decided to order an Upper GI. He said to rule out any possibilities of anything being wrong, no hitial hernia or anything else. Now I'm just waiting for them to call and schedule an appointment.

Than I'm off to go meet my friend Judy and she picked an all you can eat salad bar place. It was really nice there and very clean. I tried some stuff I had never had before, like Jicama. I liked it. lol. So we sat a gabbed for 4 hours. She's my 8 week therapy session. We've known each other since we met in the pool at the Y. That was about 9 years ago. She now lives over by my Doc so the only time I really get to see her is then. We finished talking and then went across the street to Baskin-Robbins for some ice cream. We ended up sitting there for a long time also. Finally I got home in time to watch the Olympics. How nice! and must have been a nice break for you, which, btw you so deserve!

Got up early this morning a went to work and went to give my quarterly blood draw for my kidney. I then went to Wal-Mart and did my shopping. Came home, put things away grabbed my cat and got in my chair and took a nap. Feeling a little better right now. Tonight I have to go to the High School for their last home basketball game. My next door neighbor plays for them and it's Senior night.

Kat, I'm all in on the exercise. Here is my problem with it though. I have pinched nerve in my left leg. I think it might have to do with my sciatica. It has gradually gotten better but it's been months now. I would love to get out and walk but there were times my leg would buckle on me. I am now up to being able to walk a 1/2 mile. After that I have to baby it again. My treadmill is in the utility closet downstairs. Whenever my sister and her hubby decide to move out, I will pull it back out and use it. Right now it is 24 degrees so walking outside is not an option. Plus there is still snow in someplaces. So that leaves me with work, going to the gym with hubby and housework to give me my fifteen minutes of exercise. But I'm going to make an effort to get it in. You have been so motivated it is great. I hear you about the temp and walking outside

I'm also thinking about joining WW's again. Next monday will be the first chance I have to do it. I used to go on tuesday mornings and all those people want me back. But my older sis has decided that tuesdays would be a good day to schedule all of her appointments. So mondays will be when I can go to the meetings. They start about 45 minutes after I get off work so that will be easy for me.

Loving the Olympics.

I'm going back to calorie counting again, been a little out of control
Suzanne, my neighbor is just the opposite, they have 9 cats. Who half of them think they live at my house. Now I like animals, but don't care to be home to other peoples animals. I cannot leave my lawn furniture out, without her cats making hair nests in the chairs, laying on the table, and they have shredded the back to my lawn swing.

I had a cat for 16 years----he did NOT get on counters or tables---a spray bottle when he was a kitten broke that habit. Same with shredding furniture! We had a can filled with nuts and bolts, shook it everytime he went near, then moved him to his scratching post----and I never had anything shredded. This really, seriously irritates me!

Along with the 9 cats, she has a Great Pyranese, and a Rottweiler, and the rotty barks, every minute we are outside....there is also a parrot, and a cockatoo that shriek----loudly! How the husband rested through his chemo I have no idea, the house is a noisy zoo! There are multiple fish aquariums with fish, and frogs, and lord knows what else. Ever since my neighbor beat me up, they don't lock the large dog in the small kennel area which runs along my back yard, which is what caused all the issues. I think they got a bark collar too because it has been almost pleasant. Plus, she is not allowed to say a word to anyone at my house! AHHHHHHHHHH

I can take all of it except the destruction of my stuff, and am unsure how to handle that. I set mouse traps on the swing, and did me no good. Put strips of duct tape upside down on the chairs, and saw the cats walking around wearing it....didn't deter them!

I have mentioned it to her, and she says scare them away. That is NOT my job!!!

Any and all suggestions appreciated!!

Well DH went and bought his next project bike tonight. Should be an interesting build.

NICE!

We went to dinner with the son, and family tonight. He made me mad, and is on my list! Long story with no value, he was just a jerk.

DD had a late meeting, so I had Kinsey for the afternoon and we kept her for the evening. She was so shocked, I let her wear her tutu around! I figure WTH!!!! She is 5---and if she wants to wear a tutu, why shouldn't she!!! Dylan wanted to stay in his PJ's yest, and well, I felt the same way. We were not going anywhere so WTH! LOL

My inlaws are sick, so I took out chicken Noodle soup---homemade! And last night Rick mentioned eating chile Beans, and his Dad ask where his were. So I took them some of those too.

I know when I don't feel good I don't want to do much, and I am not 80+ years old....so I did what I should! My FIL is bleeding when he urinates, so is going to the Dr. tomorrow, hope all is well.

Guess I will head to bed. I ate too late, and KNOW it is not good for me......but I is sleepy!!! LOL

See ya tomorrow.

Good Morning all

Just getting myself ready to jump in the shower. Made an eye appointment for this morning, I lost my glasses and they are almost 2 years old anyway, I'm just a mess and can't see far away at all anymore. I'm going to splurge and get a pr of transitions if I find glasses I LOVE that are on sale, or a pr of sunglasses for $50 less if I don't love the frames, my eyes are so sensitive to light I hope to get transitions so I don't have to keep swapping them out.

Thats about it. Hope ya'll have a great day

Tracy - where are you?

:( here I am! This is going to take a long time to post but I will give it a shot. I am having to get up & down and get dd ready for school but ifI do not start somewhere, I will never get the chance to post!

I started this an hour ago...

I am still recovering. I went to the dr and got some antibiotics for my sinus & ear infection. I feel a little better today, it will just be one of those slow progressions.

Once again, I need to get off here. Seems like I am more busy now than ever. Iwill post more as the day allows.

love ya'll.....

Morning Girls. Sun is shining like crazy today but still very cold. Right now only 17 degrees. Hubby let me sleep in this morning so I didn't go to the gym with him. That's ok, I'll get my exercise at the hospital tonight.

Speaking of the hospital. About a month ago when I woke up in the morning and could not swallow anything, I went in and hubby said lets get to the hospital. Well, I get a notice from my insurance company yesterday that they won't cover it because it was a "non-emergency". Hmmmm, someone not able to even swallow their own spit for no reason??? I had no idea what was going on. How was I to know it was not life-threatening. So if I thought I broke my arm and went in and they took an x-ray and it was not broke, would they refuse that also? Looks like I will be making some phone calls today.

Other than that, it's laundry time.

I'll check in later.

Just got my Upper GI scheduled for this Friday. I've never had one done. Do you guys know what I am in for? They did say to fast after midnight. That's easy to do. Except I do like my hot cocoa. I didn't ask, can I have any Water?