Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

hey, back home, getting ready to go to dinner with Becky & Gary.

Had quite a time with my blood donation. I had a massive headache all morning, I thought it was caffeine withdrawal, I had not drank any DP or anything caffeinated in 36 hours or so, so I slammed the DP---thinking the caffeine would help. It did not. It did raise my pulse I noticed tho!!

I do a double donation, a unit of blood and a unit of plasma, or platelets or whatever. Anyway it takes awhile, they bleed ya, then put your fluids back in, remove more blood, then back in, etc. I thought I was gonna pee my pants I laid there so long. Seriously was hurting by the time I finally finished!!

Got done, headed STRAIGHT for the bathroom, and was crossing my legs I kid you not! I breathed a sigh of relief as I sat down, and suddenly I feel wet, and my arm is pouring blood around the bandage... I cannot stop peeing! So I am applying pressure....and trying to figure out how I am going to stand up and pull up my pants and button them, while holding pressure on my arm. So I sat.....and sat....and bled and bled. Finally someone come in, so I have no idea who it is, I ask them would you please ask the woman sitting outside in the blue shirt to come in here please, I need help. I am sure she was surprised, I heard her speak to Mom, so Mom come in! I had her hold my arm pressure while I redressed! Went out, showed them, not to mention, half my clothes are covered in blood. They laid me back down and had pressure on my arm, straight in the air. Everytime I put it down, the bleeding started. The one woman wanted me to go to the hospital! I laughed, and said unless they were paying, there was no way in hell I was going to the hospital! After half an hour or so it quit, we waited another 20 minutes or so and finally left. Come home, Manda and Kinsey come by.....we opened it to look at it, and up it raises, ready to bleed again. So now it is pressure wrapped again....and it hurts it is tight, but my fingers and all are normal color and size so it isn't too tight, but I guess it just likes to bleed!

LOL I look down to see if my fingers were normal before I typed that, and my rings are blood caked.....guess I should go clean them before dinner!!

Got our Valentines Day shopping done. Just bought for the kids. I got large boxes (selling this year for $16.99 a piece) of Russel Stovers candy at the outlet in Abilene, buy one get 7 free!! Yep buy one get 7 free!! Bought them and Easter Candy, and have it stored in the cool garage. So the kids get candy, and the grandkids balloons, candy and bears.

Done deal.

Well that is about it for my day...I really wanted to stay home and watch the opening ceremonies, but DVR will have to do....will watch it during one of the events I don't care so much for.

Still have my headache........gonna lay down for awhile before dinner.

See ya laterz

Kat, that is so scary. I have never given blood. I'm anemic and they won't take it. But how scary wondering if it would ever stop. And then the drama in the bathroom.

Sitting here watching the Olympics. I only watched the accident once. I can't bring myself to watch it again. How horrible for that poor boy. And tragic for his family and team mates.

Would love to have some popcorn while watching this but it's too late.Can't eat this close to bedtime.

Night.

I hate my scale. I haven't been on it for a week and decided to see this morning what it had to say. I know I haven't been the most model Bandster but Holy Cow. You would have thought that as good as I did this last week that it would have shown an improvement. Makes one want to just go dive in to the refridgerator. But I won't I still have a fill appointment Monday and still need to be on my best behavior.

Last night we watched the Olympics and thought they were great. Beautiful job on showing the beauty of Cnanda and the singing was great. K.D. Lang has always been a favorite of mine. I love her voice. But my favorite part of it all was the Whales. That was so cool. I hope the ending doesn't overshadow all the hard work that went into the production. Canada should be proud.

Off for a very busy day.

Kat: are you still a vampire's fantasy, or did the bleeding stop? That doesn't sound too good. I hope you are doing better.

Suzie: I hate my scale too, although it is my fault, it is much more fun to blame the scale... probably not very productive though:mellow:

Michelle: is your dd finally better and your back?

Jenn: all I can say is sorry

Tracy: ?! where are you?

just wanted to stop in and say hi and thank you

As much as it sucks, at least it is done, I know in the long run it will be worth it. Just wish I got my mail. The killer is how could they not realize they were getting my mail back, and I did have a forward on my post office when it closed.

Oh well, I'm off to shower, I'm just mentally done, but getting better. Starting off the year clearing up all the old crap and I know this is so it can all be in the past and I can start new and be happy

Jenn, I am so impressed and happy to read your attitude in regards to this. I totally understand the confusion, and irritation at how they conduct business....but to see it as one more thing to put behind you and move on from is great!!!

This morning I was making the bed, which is huge (King) and we have tons of pillows---like 3 Kind sized, and 6 regular, all down pillows. One of our very serious indulgences is our sleeping. But anyway, making it with all the pillows and stuff is a PITA, I was grumbling, and suddenly the silliness of that hit me. Not only do I have a bed, a very nice, comfy, cozy bed with great pillows and sheets and blankets, it is warm, and safe inside of a nice home. It is not a big home, nor the nicest in the neighborhood, but it is mine! I know where I am sleeping tonight. I am confident it is where I will sleep each and every night. To grump because making the bed is not simple as I want it to be.....I felt very selfish!!!

You now have your name cleared of that debt Jenn. And you still have your home and your kids, and your friends.....and your health. You know where each of you is sleeping tonight.

That door of $8K closed, will be interesting to see what opens for you now.....

I am so glad you pulled above the set back instead of letting it bury you in depression. YAY you!!!

I did finally quit bleeding. Rick annoyed the hell outta me, and would get all freaky when I tried to take off the bandage! So I wore it all through dinner, and all the way home, and for about another hour. Took it off about 11 last night, watched it for a little while then went to bed. I woke up freaking out, because he had a flashlight! He thought he felt something wet in the bed, and thought I was bleeding again---I think he just felt cold sheets----who knows! It is nicely bruised this morning, but all is well, and I feel fine. My headache is still there, but Ibuprofin is keeping it at bay.

It is over 40 degrees outside, so we are headed out for a ride. I am not particularly fond of the idea.....the roads this time of year make me nervous, with all the debris from sanding and salting the ice, there is sand everywhere etc. But we are careful, and we won't be out long, it will be too cold even leathered up.

I cannot drive to the barn----I have to take the quad across the field, the mud is so deep. So we have been going in from the road, just long enough to throw new hay, replenish bedding, and muck stalls every few days. Had a trough heater go out, so Rick fixed that this morning. Then he changed the oil on both cars, and fixed my slider door on the van, it was not wanting to close great---would close, then reopen, then I would close it and sometimes it would stay, sometimes it would reopen again! It took 4-5 times sometimes, small adjustment, and it works great again. Also had a plug in the windshield washer---no Fluid going to the drivers side---so he fixed that. He has been a busy guy----I have played computer games!!!

He is ready to ride!!! See ya!

Went to the support group meeting this morning and decided to get on the scale there. Turns out I weigh 5 more pounds with all my clothes on. If that wasn't enough, I come home and my older sis got me so worked up I just wanted to stuff my face. Urgggg.

Hubby said he just wants some chicken noodle Soup for dinner. I love my Hubby.

Off to watch the Olympics.

:smile: Cindy....here I am!! lol

DH and

I went to Coushatta to gamble for our anniversary. We did really good...pretty much broke even and that is GREAT! Fun and free food, free room, gifts from the gift shop...I loved it. Now dh is at work and macy is at her maw maws house and dsd is at her friends house and I am here all alone. BOO! lol

I am getting the crus that everyone else has been coming down with. That sinus headache, coughing sneezing & wheezing. Ugh, I thought I was going to be unscathed by it this year. No such luck!

Kat-I want a regular mens t-shirt fronm Sturgis. The one I had a long time ago was grey and it had different mileages from diff cities to Sturgis. I LOVED IT! Anything...any shirt...I trust you. The bigger the shirt, the better! Cheap t-shirts always shrink and I am steadily growing, so it should work out fine! LOL

Tomorrow Valentines is also my 7 year anniversary. Hard to believe it has been 7 years!

Great to be home....I will talk to you ladies in the A.M. :smile:

Happy Valentine's Day to All of You.

Happy Anniversary Tracy.

Off to watch more Olympics.

Getting snow flurries right now. I70 is closed down in Kansas. Both west bound and east. Roads are very slick. The are telling people to stay home. Glad I am home.

We are fixing shrimp for dinner. Some fried tators and salad. Yum Yum.

Happy Valentines Day Ladies, and a special Happy Anniversary to you Tracy! Many, many more to you!

We spent a lazy kind of day. Slept in, lazed around reading the paper and watching the Olympics. Then we went in and had a late Breakfast. Went and delivered some Valentines to the kids and grandkids. Come home, took a motorcylce ride, but it was cold and windy! Then grilled some ribeye, and had it with shrimp scampi, and loaded baked potatoes for dinner.

Rick got me a very pretty ring. Simple gold band that rather than meeting in the middle on top it is separated, and has 3 hearts in white gold with little diamond chips. So the gold band goes from one corner on the bottom of the hearts, around the bottom and ends on the top of the hearts. If that makes any sense!!! It is pretty, I love it!

Now we have kicked back, have our jammies on, and gonna be lazy some more!!

We have way too much sweet stuff around! I made Ricks favorite for his dessert, for Valentines Day--cheesecake. And I made giant sugar Cookies for each of the kids and my brother, so I have those around, and we bought ice cream the other night, so I know I will splurge later.....just keep it small will be the goal! Then tomorrow, send away all the leftover cookies, and get this all out of my house!!

We did take my brothers cookies over to him while we were out, as well as the kids. He is so thrilled when we go to his house. I HAVE to make more effort to do it more often.

Ok Tracy, will shop for you like I will for me, find a deal I like!!! LOL Anyone else? Just let me know.

Well I am off, the sofa and my snuggled down husband look inviting!!

Awwwwww Kat, snuggle time. :angry:

I was making my bed this morning and I got to thinking about you writing about making your bed and all the pillows on it. I have just 2 regular size pillows and 2 pillows with matching quilt shams and then on little throw pillow. I like the looks of all those pillows, just don't think I want to mess with all of them.

I worked most of the day on the quilt for the Project Linus group. I just need to put the binding on it. Hubby got his quilt done. He has one more to go. He's doing the fleece blankets. That was something he could handle. I'm so proud of him.

I'll be gone most of the day tomorrow. I have my Docs appontment at 1pm and than will meet up with my friend and spend about 4 hours with her. So by the time I drive home, it will be late.

But I will check-in in the morning.

Back to the Olympics.

Off to work and then a very busy day.

Have a good one and try to be a model Bandster. LOL. :angry:

Good Morning all

Kat - thank you, your words mean more to me than you will ever know

I am still really besides myself but it lit a fire under me and it has closed another huge door behind me. I hired an attorney on Friday to go to family court with me next week. I don't know if I mentioned but besides kev's cold horrible shit he pulled xmas eve, he has decided that he should not have to pay support for his children and is taking me back to court. Thank god my cousin reminded me during my slight nervous breakdown that she use to date a family court attorney and to call him and he would take care of me. Well he called me back Friday, he is going to waive his retainer fee and charge me his old rates.

Anyway, it is out with the old and in with the new and i am planting new seeds in life for them to grow and blossom. I think i only have 1 old debt left from my old and getting everything together now.

I mailed out 12 resumes on Thursday so I anticipate some phone calls this week and to be working by March 1!

I just had a long phone call in the middle of this post and I lost my thoughts

Kat, hope you had a good ride.

Love to you all, you are the best

TRACY - send me your new address please... and Happy Anniversary!

Hey Girlies~

Jenn glad you have glommed on to some hidden stores of energy and fought your way through this with determination in tact. You Go Girl!!!

Yes Suzie, I have tons of pillows, and even have a linus blankie!!! I have a throw that is super soft fleecy stuff on one side, and satin on the other, and I love it!! I use it to toss on when I only want light cover, or when I need extra. I want high thread count sheets, and comfort surrounding me when I sleep!!! I am spoiled beyond belief with it! Love candles in my bedroom, and feel deliciously lazy and cozy when in my bed!! LOL

Tracy when you PM Jenn your new address, send it to me as well please!!

My arm has a large bruise, but it is healed! I will call and get my cholesterol count this week, have a feeling it is something I am not going to want to hear, and will need to work on!!!

Rick and I are going to San Antonio in June. The vacation week is the 14th to the 18th. Tracy, Suzanne---any of you available in that time line, we want to do the River Walk, and maybe a float----we will spend a couple of days then head back to the farm, and work some before coming home!! Will update as it gets closer. Would love to hook up tho.

Well speaking of vacations, he left his paper at home in regards to scheduling them, and needs it, so I am taking it over and meeting him for lunch!! Woo Hoo!

We are enjoying the Olympics in the evening. I was TOTALLY put off with the couples short Figure Skating last night. The scoring sucks! They scored couples who fell higher than those who did not. And whoever dressed the USA couple needs smacked up side the head!!! IMHO!!! Humble my butt!!!!

See ya all in awhile!

XOXOXO