Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Good morning!

I am about to get bombarded with kids so I only have a minute.

I did well with eating yesterday. Today I will too :confused:

They are here...gotta run!!

4 4 4 4 4 4 4

Count 'em!!! 4

4 more child support payments after the one I mail today!!!!!! Love it!!!

We pay it the first of each month. The June check is going to be for 3 days not 30. I know we are legally responsible for the entire month, and I am sure we will hear from her to pay it. If we do hear from her, we will call in the lien we have on her house. If she accepts it and goes on we will let the lien ride until whenever she wants to pay or move. But the end is in sight. She cannot bankrupt us now. We will self represent with our attorney's help if she takes us back to court now. Not sure what she could find to do but she is always finding something! But as far as the child support, we could pay the remaining 4 months and survive even if Rick were to get laid off. And it is close enough now, that we could even afford to keep a COBRA plan in place for her for those few months if need be, even tho that is more than the $657.02 we pay in child support!

That sounds very uncaring, and we are really not that kind of people. For those that don't know our background----this is a child my DH's ex wife had, and we have proven it is not his biological child (we believe her to belong to her cousin--not close enough cousin to be illegal tho --or genetically harmful.) Rick originally paid what the court ordered so as not to get caught in a contempt charge, then when the test come back that she was not his, he had unknowingly set precedent and recognized her as his, and has had to pay through her 18th year---so until she turns 19. At the same time, since she is not biologically his, the court saw no need to enforce any visitation. So we pay for a child we have not had any contact with outside of a courthouse! He actually for the childs sake, tried to develop a relationship with her----we thought, well she needs someone with what she has as a Mom, but we were never allowed to see her or talk to her on the phone....so no relationship ever developed. We used to send her things, then got a note from her Mom to not send personal letters in with the packages, she did not want them, so we quit sending anything. None of this is the childs fault. She is 18 now, and we have heard nothing from her, except receiving bills---and that is from the Mom, never a word from the child. We did get a call from her when she was 16, wanting us to help her buy a car. We told her if she would come here cash in hand, we would match whatever she had---never heard another word.

We plan to send her a registered letter telling her if she sends proof of being in school, we will continue her health insurance for as long as she is in school. We are going to state very plainly tho that we will not be responsible for any unpaid medical, or copays or such. But if she is going to school, it won't make a huge difference in our premiums. We are not cold hearted, even tho it sounds as tho we are.

So we are celebrating that chapter in our lives coming to a close. I am glad the girl has reached adulthood, and is well. I know she has probably got no idea we support her. If ever it comes up, I have every single cancelled check, or copy of checks more recently we have paid for all almost 19 years.

Anyway--getting that check ready to mail is what is on my mind this morning, one more sigh of relief. July is gonna be a party! LOL

I have got the house cleaned except for vaccuuming. I want to haul in some wood before I vacuum, as it makes a mess! Then I am off to try to exchange the food processor.

Took pork chops out to fry for dinner, now to come up with what else to fix!

Will check in later ladies. Make it a great February!!

Kat, light at the end of the tunnel. How exciting for you guys. i used your example to explain to my other nephew to nt sign off on his almost x-wife's divorce. She is pregnant by another guy but our State says that you can not divorce a pregnant women. She wants him to sign the birth certificate and than they will do a paternity test for the divorce. UMMMMM NOOOOO...... I got right in his face and told him that. He said that the birth certificate needed a father on it and I told him No that it did not and if it actually did need a name, that he was to give them the other guys name. Holy cow.

It's cold and damp here again today. I'm really getting tired of this but now that an end is it sight. Let's see what Puxatawney Phil says tomorrow. I hope he says 2 weeks till Spring, lol.

Kat-I am so happy for you on the countdown of being free of that debt (that you should not even have to be paing!) Girl....I know I will be throwing a serious party...but not for about 7 more years.

Hi all

still hacking up a lung

kat, that is great

i'm not getting support, and have not talked to him since xmas.

been dating this guy who just ended a 9 year relationship and he is lost, which is sad because I confuse him because he likes me and didn't want to be in this place. he calls every day and we see each other at least 4 times a week, so good thing we are not getting serious. The sad thing is, I'm confused too, I really like him and it scares me, it is more than a date and tossed a side.

well tomorrow is new day, I'm going to work on cleaning and painting the office where my new elliptical is going to be

Hey girls.

Long day yesterday and another long one today. I'm working a double shift. I normally work Thursday night and a girl wanted to know if she could work it for me. I told that it would be ok and than she asked if I would take her Tuesday night so she could go to her daughters school. Yup, I'll do it. Than I have 2 days in a row off.

I hope "Phil" says that this winter is almost over with.

Jenn, you know you need to take it nice and slow with any relationship. If it is meant to be, it will. Don't get hurt again.

Supposed to get up to about 39 today. I may take the car and get it washed. It's all gooky on the back and I can hardly see out the back window.

Have a great day.

For some reason, I can not get warm today and I ache in my knees and hips. It's awful.

The sun finally has come out and I'm loving it. It's always nice to see it. Makes me long to be floating in the pool aand enjoying the sun on my skin.

I'm gonna leave here soon and go wash the car. Sure will be nice to see out the back window again. Then it's off to work for a 4 hour shift. I'll take my cottage cheese and pineapple with me so I can eat dinner there. I have found that I just can't eat dinner after 7pm. If I do than I'm up several times during the night downing Rolaids. No matter what I eat. Even if I take my meds late than I'm doing the Rolaid thing.

Hope everyone is doing good.

All by myself, Don't wanna be All by myself anymore.

All by myself, Don't wanna be All by myself anymore.

All by myself,

Don't wanna live, all by myself, anymore

Thanks, now I can't get it outta my head.:(

That was funny now I can't get it out of my head

I''m good with this Suzanne, thank you

We are still in a good place, I'm in a good place, one day at a time and it is a good one day at a time. The bad thing is, it is just comfortable. He had a bad day yesterday and came over last night, we talked until almost midnight and just fell asleep. Nice. I have not been able to do that in a long time. Content is what I am right now.

Well, I'm taking a road trip and have to be ready in 20 mins and not even close to it.

Have a good day all

I am here...just do not really have anything much to say. I know that is strange for me but...

Have a great day everyone!

Up and showered. I didn't wake up in time to go with hubby to the gym. Oh well.

On my plate for today is to get ready to go over and get Sis and take her to do her grocery shopping and than back to her place to pay her bills. Than come home and get ready for our shift at the hospital. That's about it. Maybe a few other things but in a nutshell, that's it.

Still doing pretty good with my eating. I'm doing even better with my drinking. And it really helps out. I'm going to the bathroom more. Not that it's coming out any easier but I'm not constipated. Sorry about that.

I hope everyone has a great day.

I'm home now for about an hour. Might try to tak a quick 20 minute nap.

I ate a slice of pizza and now I'm gonna munch on a few strawberries. The store had them on sail and they taste so good. Gives me a sense that spring is on it's way. They also had tulips and daffodils at the store. I'm ready for warmer weather.

I will check in after I get home from the hospital.

Been busy re-vamping the extra bedroom that the kids use. I also keep an extra dresser in there, so it is a catch all room like no other in the house! I have been getting a smell of mold or mildew in there, it is concerning me. It is the room above the crawl space under our house, so Rick is going to check that out for me. I stripped and remade the bed---I always do after the kids stay, thinking if someone else stays they would want a clean bed. So I change it, and the kids stay again!! LOL

Got things much more organized in there. Found no cause for the smell I am getting, so we keep searching. It shares a wall with a bathroom---so if under the house is clear, that is our next spot to check. The thing is, I don't smell it all the time, just occasionally. I was thinking it had to be one of the plants I have in there, but I went around smelling, and nothing....so I have no clue.

Had lunch with my friend yesterday. We had just finished eating, when a girl she used to play softball with come in, and just sat down with us. Talk about psycho!!! She is extremely manish. Trying not to use any derogatory phrases, to offend anyone---but she was VERY manly. Openly lesbian, and went on and on in detail about break ups and girlfriends, etc. It would have been ok I guess with just Marie, at least she knew here, I had never laid eyes on her before! I now know about her preferences, her previous drug habit, her prison time due to the drugs, and all kinds of things about other women in the area that I did not care to know!

Marie was running late because her son had been by, so she come by and picked me up, so I had no car to make an escape in. Finally I told her I hated to break up the conversation, but I needed to get home. She called me later apologizing over and over! Like she had any more control over it than I did!! Crazy woman!

I need to sit down and figure out vacation times, Rick has to turn in his requests by the end of the month. I know my inlaws want to go to TX the first week of June, which is upsetting my DH, we have a rally we always attend on Memorial weekend, and there is no way to do that an get them there when they want to be to attend a reunion.

They went to the reunion last year, but they do them yearly. I think between them both and the years included in the reunion, there are less than 20 people, I mean they are in their 80's. But the rally will be there in years to come, and the inlaws won't, so we will do the right thing.

Glad things are going well Jenn---comfortable is good for the heart!

Going to go reheat some jalapenos---talk to y'all later!!

Hey ya'll

I have not had my computer on much, I've been fighting this horrible cold and finally stopped coughing up a lung. I am super pms too so feel huge. Oh well, lots of Water today

How is everyone, so quiet here.

Tracy how is the new homestead?

Suzanne - you are now my inspiration, you are so focused

Kat - I'm still hoping for April Vacation and a job so I don't get other options this year.

I'm off to shower, have to go get more resume paper and get that mailed and get some stuff together for tomorrow