Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Tracy: that is great about Nanny!

Well, I did it. I actually bought the workout pants (misses size XL) and went to the gym! I wouldv'e stayed longer but my 18 YEAR OLD got tired, and she is a size 4/6. We will go again today and will probably join next week. They are running specials with no enrollment fee and 10% off.

Got my exercise in this morning. Shoveled my drive and walks, and my neighbors as well. I am tired!!!

Talked to Rick last night, well early this morning, about 12:30 AM, he was headed out to supervise a rig down, and they are moving towards Odessa.

Then this morning, a guy I know called, and he works for the chemical company Rick is thinking of changing to. And he said that a guy he works with said he knew someone wanting to work, and mentioned Ricks name, and he was totally excited, said the job is Ricks if he wants it, they have him approved, and he is good to go. I told him Rick was out of town and would refuse to make a decision until he fulfilled his agreement to be where he is. #1 because he is just that way #2, when the new year rolls around they will owe him for 5 weeks paid vacation when he leaves! He said Rick's loyal attitude is one of the things they discussed when they were selling him to the hiring team! Now I cannot reach Rick to tell him! LOL Frustrating! I am thrilled tho, that his reputation in the field is so good, and that he is not stuck working for the moron that has taken over if he doesn't want to.

I made a pot of chicken & gravy sauce, cooked it all night so the chicken is fall apart soft, and am going to add rice to it, and take it to my inlaws. Should qualify under her soft diet.....she is refusing to eat right now. I could have predicted this would not be as easy as it should be!! LOL

As soon as the house clears out, she will eat. The woman is not skinny----she is an easy size 16 on a 5'4" frame. She is not huge by any stretch of the imagination, but she claims not to ever eat......sorry that doesn't add up!

Ironically the DD's and the DIL's "get" that, the DS's worry about it!

Got my check in the mail for my medical flex account. I wanna go shopping!!! But the weather sucks, and I do not want to go try on clothes, when the clothes you have to take off include boots, etc! I also need new work out shoes, but I don't want to do that with wet cuffs. So guess I am on the hunt around my library (seriously hundreds of books) for a good read today, and do nothing!

Have a good one....or MAKE it a good one!

LOL The current offer is from Champion, he was offered a position with Coastal awhile back but the $$$ was not enough in comparison to what he makes now. Which is going to be an issue, he is well paid now.......

Morning gals

I feel like a complete pile of drunken mess. LOL

I went to my friends last night for Margarita Night. Some of you may remember my tuesday night margi nights? well with holidays we have been off. We talked, laughed, had a couple margis. kerry's hubby is awesome, we didn't have enough stuff so he went to the store for us and topped the night off with a mudslide. He got her the $400 Margaritaville maker, which I would not pay that much for anything right now, but the thing is amazing. She is neighbors with Mr. Unavailable so we ended up there and he drove me home about 12:30.

I just needed to get out an laugh and forget about things.

Hope you all have a good day ... anyone have new year eve plans?

I'm going to the pub with my mom, kids and a neighbor and coming home and passing out!

xoxoxo

Good morning! Happy New Years Eve :lol:

My plans: Bonfire, fireworks, laugh, eat, drink and be merry. Ring in the New Years with my 2nd family over in Louisiana. We only drink 2 or 3 times a year and today is one of those days. I have my diet 7 up and crown.

We are leaving in a few hours. I have so much packing to do. I just saw the weather and we have a 40% chance of rain tonight here...I wonder what it is over there?! I really hope it doesn't rain on our parade.

I hope whatever all of you do, that you have a fantastic time. Be careful, and stay warm.

I am so excited to start a New Year with old friends and NEW ones. 2010 is going to be a great year....mark my words :biggrin:

Good morning! Happy New Years Eve :lol:

My plans: Bonfire, fireworks, laugh, eat, drink and be merry. Ring in the New Years with my 2nd family over in Louisiana. We only drink 2 or 3 times a year and today is one of those days. I have my diet 7 up and crown.

We are leaving in a few hours. I have so much packing to do. I just saw the weather and we have a 40% chance of rain tonight here...I wonder what it is over there?! I really hope it doesn't rain on our parade.

I hope whatever all of you do, that you have a fantastic time. Be careful, and stay warm.

I am so excited to start a New Year with old friends and NEW ones. 2010 is going to be a great year....mark my words :biggrin:

Rain, rain, rain, ....it rained ALL DAY yesterday and it will probably rain today. Just be careful driving. HAVE FUN!

Rain, rain, rain, ....it rained ALL DAY yesterday and it will probably rain today. Just be careful driving. HAVE FUN!

Ugh, figures. Oh well, all that means is I will have crown that has rainwater in it :lol: LOL

Happy New Year's Eve.

Tracy, You guys be very careful driving and having fun tonight.

As for me and Hubby, we will probably be in bed fast asleep by midnight. We might wake up long enough to hear all the fireworks and guns going off.

Speaking of hubby, he is busy getting the fireplace going right now. He's such a good man.

Think I will make a big pot of cheesy potato Soup.< /span>

Have a great day and I'll check in soon.

mmmmm that sounds good Suzie, might think about that tomorrow! Well, maybe the next day, we do black eyed peas tomorrow. Normally my DH's family does the German traditions of pork and sour kraut, but he is gone, and I am not doing all that for myself!!!

About 40 years ago (seriously!) my Dad began having 2 parties a year, as a special Thank you to his employees. He had a big BBQ during the summer, and then he had a big posole dinner on NYE. It has always been an open house type of thing, come and eat, then they were good to go to their individual parties. He told ALL of them as they each left, if they needed a ride, to call, do not drive drunk! LOL In the beginning, he offered alcoholic drinks as well as non. Then after my brother got hurt, and developed alcohol problems, he quit, and it has been non alcoholic ever since.

I personally quit drinking at them when I was 24. Rick and I had been at a little pub, had too much to drink, and went next door to this game parlour place, and had our caricatures drawn---I have them framed! LOL Anyway, we picked up another 6 pack, and headed over here. We were not trashed, but buzzed. I was not so far gone as to normally embarrass myself or my family. I was however tipsy enough to walk in the front door and promptly trip-----over our preacher! LOL I swear it is true!!! Our caricatures went flying! I quit drinking anything at the parties after that!

Most years, I go out and spend the evening with family and friends. Even tho Dad retired many years ago, lots of his old friends from work, and church, and lodge friends, as well as friends of my brothers and mine, all show up. It is not unusual to have a crowd of 80-85 come and go through the night. This year will be S L O W. The roads are icy---and it is cold! Mom and Dad's friends are their age, and many don't drive much at night, and especially not in this weather. So he will have posole left over this year, which will make Rick happy since he is missing it!

Long story---but that is what I am doing tonight.

Kinsey's school is closed today with the snow, so she is with me. I wanted to take her to the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, but her Mom wants to go too. I ask her to go see Avatar with me this weekend, but she doesn't care to see it, so I may go alone. And I will not ask her to go anywhere with me again for a long while----maybe she was busy at work, but she was snotty. Mom didn't like it. Hurt my feelings to be honest.....like pulling her teeth to spend time with me or what???

Well, I need to go shovel--------------the fun never ends! I need to borrow Suzies snow blower!!! Wanna bring it over and try it on my yard??

Kat that is a funny story! But enjoy tonight

Suzanne,, oh that sound nice, I won't tell dd that you are the reason I remembered we can have a fire, she is the wood girl

Tracy- drive safe and have fun!

Ok enjoy, i'll be in bed very early!

I'd stay up and party with you guys but I'm pooped. Going to bed early.

Potato Soup was most excellent, best I've made.

Happy New Years to all.

UGH! Dangit...I live in a rural part outside of Baton Rouge and for "fun" they like to set off garbage bags filled with helium. They light a wick and set it afloat and then explodes like a dang bomb when it goes off. It shakes my house like a bomb. Makes my poor dog crazy and sleep virtually impossible.:biggrin:

UGH! Dangit...I live in a rural part outside of Baton Rouge and for "fun" they like to set off garbage bags filled with helium. They light a wick and set it afloat and then explodes like a dang bomb when it goes off. It shakes my house like a bomb. Makes my poor dog crazy and sleep virtually impossible.:biggrin:

T, he freaks with thunder and fireworkshat sounds like fun. LOL Your poor dog. I have a big giant cat, he is bigger than my neighbors shitzu, anyway, he freaks with fireworks and thunderstorms. He climbs under the recliner and wont come out for at least 24hrs.

I'd stay up and party with you guys but I'm pooped. Going to bed early.

Potato Soup was most excellent, best I've made.

Happy New Years to all.

Suzanne, I went to bed at 7:30. How is that for early?

What do you put in your potato soup. I've been making quick/easy cheating potato chowder but would like to make from scratch.

Well, nice quiet day, I might get my tree down today and get some stuff in the trash since we have an extra day this week. Other than that, going to make a roast or the kids for dinner and hang out. I guess starting the new year with new friends and a lot of the old have left my life in the last 2 weeks.

I made a last attempt with my friend I told you all about and to sum it up told me to F'off... Nice huh? I said last words of "I'm trying, have a happy new year"

So as bad as I feel about the whole thing, I tried to make a mends and I can't feel guilty about that.

So here is to a New Year of changes and possibilities.

I have a new job to start the year with

I have a few friends (locally) but they are good ones!

I have my health and my children,

can't be all that bad.

thanks all for being a part of my life

love ya'll