Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

TRACEY

KEEP THE SNOW DOWN BY YOU

WHEN IT SNOWS UP HERE ... UGH

SO FAR SO GOOD

FOLKS- ALL THE joking aside....in a few years witht this global warming...new york will have the weather of the south and the south will have the weather of the north

or god help us the boundaries will change due to rising of the rivers and oceans

Hey Jen and China

you two are further north than me

has it started snowing there yet

btw...my highschooler wore shorts yesterday to school

he goes out every morning on the deck to check the weather

swear.......world coming to an end

Suzie

I sent you an email

prayers with you

to all-

one of my area groups is starting a secret santa... I am leaving 8 santa gifts at my door...picked eight because we have 8 days of gifts ... we have to take local replies......... just for the fun of it...we have 2000 members...it should be fun..yes two thousand members...there are no rules as to what to give..it is a recycle..save the earth group........I am so excited

I am taking a licensing exam on THursday

IF I PASS... I will run to Joanns or ACMoore and get loads of thick yarn (works quicker) and make some extra secret santas

THIS IS SO EXCITING

EVERYONE LIKES A SURPRISE

Have a great day

Quick post while the nephew is gone. He's been on the computer all morning. Applying for unemployment and making a resume. Also looking for jobs. Sis has him doing something right now, so I'm jumping at the chance to chat for a minute.

I'm in a better mood today but still very easy to cry. The tears are right there. I have to bite my lip when talking to anyone or hearing anything.

Today is actually Hubby and mine's 27th. wedding anniversary. We have a gift certificate for Outback Steakhouse so we are going there for dinner.< /span>

Tracy, that is so sad about your Dr.s wife. How horrible. Reminded me of about 10 years ago. My Docter at the age of 41 passed awayfrom a heart attack. He was only 6 months older than me and just had a baby girl. It was such a shock.

Later tonight I will sit down and send out emails. But in the mean time, I need to let you all know how much I really appreciate all of you. Thank you so much for being patient and caring and just being there when I need you. I truly appreciate all of you.

Have a great evening.

Quick post

Today is actually Hubby and mine's 27th. wedding anniversary. We have a gift certificate for Outback Steakhouse so we are going there for dinner.< /span>

Have a great evening.

Instead of wishing us a great evening....you have a great evening .... married for 27 years is some accomplishment.

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

Happy Anniversary Suzanne!!! Hope you have a great time at the Outback tonight. YUMMMMMMM!

We've got you in a giant Hug and we won't be letting go Suzie, just take a deep breath, hang on to Hubby, and you will get through whatever life throws your way. I know from experience, processing the news is the first battle.....and PLEASE remember I am always---24 hours a day --- reachable by phone.

Tracy--we have not had snow yet, supposed to begin this weekend or so, but it is so freaking cold! It was a whopping 0 degrees this morning. It has not got above mid 20's all day long. I sat in the floor the entire morning wrapping Christmas gifts, and seemed like I got up only to feed the fire (and myself....ay yi yi)

Went to lucn with my DIL, and grandsons. I tried to beg off, but Connor is so dang cute with his asking me please go to pizza with him.....I caved! Ate a salad, and since it is a lunch buffet, I had several different things off of several different pieces of pizza! Some pepparoni, some Canadian bacon, some mushrooms.....lots of cheese.....I suck at this healthy eating stuff today!!!

Then went in to the Dollar Store to get some Christmas bows, and tape......

Come home, give my Dad a hair cut, and changed out my laundry, and now I need to finish the wrapping and clean up my mess! I made a HUGE mess!!!

Good Luck on your exam Jolly-------what type of licensing are you aiming for?

Better get busy.

Rick will be home soon, and he will try to help....him wrapping is NOT a help!!!LOL

Is that snow I see in Texas???

Home from a lovely evening. We went to Outback and had prime rib. Everything was really good but very salty. Looks like I will be taking a Water pill in the morning. We then went on our yearly outing of driving down Chicago St. to see the Christmas light. It's a mile long drive of yard after yard decorated to the hilt. One section is all done in bible verse. Starting with Mary and Joseph looking for an Inn, all the way to him rising from the cave. It's so nice to see every year. It's also my first candy cane of the season.

Have a great weekend and I will chat when I have the chance.

Is that snow I see in Texas???

Home from a lovely evening. We went to Outback and had prime rib. Everything was really good but very salty. Looks like I will be taking a Water pill in the morning. We then went on our yearly outing of driving down Chicago St. to see the Christmas light. It's a mile long drive of yard after yard decorated to the hilt. One section is all done in bible verse. Starting with Mary and Joseph looking for an Inn, all the way to him rising from the cave. It's so nice to see every year. It's also my first candy cane of the season.

Have a great weekend and I will chat when I have the chance.

As a child all the homes were decorated for Christmas and every one would go around in the cars. We even knew which home had the biggest displays.

Here no one seems to light their lawns up. It is a shame and it has been like this for at least 15 years. They now list in the NEWSPAPER of the very rare lit homes.

You know that I am Jewish and it is so strange, not to see the lit homes. It is something that we as kids always enjoyed (no matter their religion).

We would always have friends over for hot cocoa and Cookies, just to keep the magic going.

My parents even told us about Santa Claus, as a child because they did not want us to tell the other kids. So we would look for him and if we would see him (which we did not, we were to wave).

Sorry, I never missed not celebrating Christmas since we had Hanukah, and friends would come to us to extend the fun (remember, we Celebrate for eight days....we play dreidels, eat potatoe latkes, etc...so like our non-jewish and jewish friends still say..you cooking...we come!!!!

How about country homes that had the candle in each window..gorgeous...not anymore.

Seriously, someone should capture the lights and let everyone view it on Youtube.

Tracey

I am taking the Special Enrollments exam .... explanation look at irs.gov.

PRAY that I pass this last section!!!!

My problem .... is that I freak out taking the exam and OMG, the reading of the problems...need this last section for my license.

And I waited to long to take the exam and need to pass...results go into cycles...long explanation..not important..

but I am persistant and now tooooooo scared to think...waited to long to sit for the exam.... that frightened :wink2:

My stomach is twisted from MIL (not her fault) and I have been all day on the phone coordinating her release on Wednesday and my test it Thursday morning

The power of being a woman.. regretably..family first :biggrin:

BTW,,, I alway miss by ONE point....crazy but worth it to me...I will pass..one of these days

Laura

Tracy, it just started snowing here, too!!! I am so freaking cold. That is so sad about your dr's wife. It is so difficult to know what to say or what you can do for someone when they are in pain.

Kat, sorry Rick has to be gone. I HATE when my husband has to work out of town! Sometimes it can't be prevented, but it doesn't mean we have to like it.

Suzie, it sounds like you enjoyed your anniversary dinner and you certainly deserved it.

This has been a strange week. We got back from Universal late Saturday, Monday was my birthday (42nd), Tuesday was my wedding anniversary (19th) and I had a technology conference today. I have not stopped!! I am going to bed in a minute and crash! Goodnight all!

Good Morning all

Suzanne - you are in my prayers

Kat - how is Rick? How are you doing? you getting ready for the holidays with grand kids? I bet you miss the money from work, but glad to be home speinding time with them again.

Tracy - that is crazy... snow! what you up to this weekend? anything exciting.

Laura - i watched a thing on Fox news the other day that they are saying they were all wrong with global warming.

Did you know that the earth is moving, magnetic north has moved because of this and the north pole is not at magnetic north anymore, (taken a very long time to do this) but that is part of the weather changes. I learned this in my Surveying class a couple years ago. Makes sense when all that info was presented. And kind of goes with what you say about the weather changes of the North and South.

On that happy note, we have had crazy weather, 30 one day, 55 the next. Going to get snow today, and inch or 2, not much. I am not ready for the big noreasters we get here!

Laura - good luck to you on your exam, I'll send good thoughts. I am very simple and use to love candle lights in the windows. I'm getting the rest of my living room done today and will take pics and post them, I have a few white with blue on my porch and wrapped around my deck and that is it, very simple but nice.

Cindy - I hear you, I have been running all week, I'm down right exhausted, hit the pillow and sleeping in less than a minute!

Off to the gym, tan, get my nails done. Tonight is the work holiday party and I'm going to be social.

Good morning friends!

Suzanne-congrats on the 27 years! And to the SAME MAN! That is an accomplishment in itself! :wink: (((hugs)))

Cindy-I wish there wouldn't have been so much rain & sleet that way the snow would haved stuck to the ground, but, we will take what we can get!

Kat-your pizza post made my stomach growl. lol You have not had snow yet? Amazing!

Jennifer-you are going to be social? GO YOU! LOL :tt2: I love to tease you. Nope, no plans for the weekend really. I need to bring macy to get a present for a b-day party she is going to tomorrow. Other than that, that is it. I am going to try like hell not to eat the Cookies the girls are going to bake later...:wink2:

Jolly-we have so many houses around here that still have lights galore. I will record some and post it on youtube :wink2:

You are gonna do fantastic on the test this time! We will all hold hands (via the internet) and pray for you on thursday!

Good new for me...I am losing weight again. :biggrin: The scale shows -3 but since I didnt weigh at Thanksgiving I am sure it is probably more like -5 or -6. AND...it is while I am retaining Water because tom is supposed to be here this weekend. I just think that is dandy :lol: GO ME! Just think, if I REALLY applied myself more, it would be even more of a loss than that!

Have a great day ladies...stay warm.

Finally I got to sleep for more than 4 hours and it felt good. I drank a hot cocoa and then headed to the gym to workout. Home now and going to get started on some housework.

So far I have had a bowl of oatmeal. I'm really going to keep my eating under control. I'm very vulnerable right now and feel like I could eat a house.

Hubby is bringing in wood for the fireplace and we are waiting for the guy to deliver wood. Said he would be out sometime today. Ane we need it. So very cold here and they are calling for snow I think tonight and also Monday night.

Kat, When does Rick go for his biopsy?

Jenn, I hope you have a great time tonight.

Cindy, You have had a busy week. Sorry I missed your Birthday. Hope it and your anniversary were great.

Good morning girls~

Cold here again, although warmer than yesterday, is 12 out right now at 9:30 ish. We have had snow this year, but not any recently....supposed to hit us pretty hard next week.

Rick said we will get the truck over here (we usually leave it at the farm) while he is gone, and I will have any type of transportation I need available to me! LOL

He leaves a week from tomorrow we think. He has to wait until after next Thurs. which is the day they do his biopsy. I HATE him going and getting results and all over the phone while we are apart.

We do lights outside, not huge amounts, but we light up! We have the usual icicle lights outlining the roof eaves. Then we wrap the porch posts, and the wagon wheel on the porch. I have a couple of things for the yard, but the wind is difficult with them.

I live in a small town, population is about 6700. We are only 10 miles from a much larger town of probably 100, 000---maybe much more than that, I have no idea! Anyway, our small town, is the county seat---and is one of the oldest towns in the state--several of the buildings on Main street are 2 story brick, and dates stamped into the building fronts of the late 1800's. The train run through here, and the law was based here---so the town goes back many years. Well now they try to recapture some of that feel. They have antique looking streetlights, that look like old gas lamps. In reality they are energy saving, imitations!! LOL Anyway---there are also medians full of trees, and trees lining the sidewalks, etc--a very pretty little town. This time of year, they COVER it in clear little lights. They wrap the lights, the trees, anything that is still! Most businesses have a cast Iron bench in front of their stores that say the town name in them, and they attach red bows or wreaths to the ends. All the light posts have giant red bows. There is a banner across the South end of Main Street that says Happy Holidays.....there are 2 parks along the Main Street, and both are full of tall evergreens that are all lit up. Next week they will line all the roads with luminarias (brown paper bags --lunch size--half filled with sand and holding a small lit candle)--and have a live Nativity scene.

The street looks like a winter wonderland. I love it! I love the small town we live in. They are corny, and have parades for everything, but the streets are lined for all of them! During the summer each of the lightposts has a HUGE---as in could not wrap your arms around it--hanging basket of live flowers and flowers bloom in pots, and around tree bases....they have managed to make it into a very pretty little place. I LOVE the winter lights tho.

Well I am going to go help Rick-------he is changing the neighbors tire, and it is not even 15 degrees out! But he is afraid he might get out and try to do it himself, and his health is improving, but best not to push it.

We are going to the movie today, think we will see Blind Side----or whatever the new Sandra Bullock movie is about the football player.

Then tonight the college is having their luminaria display----they close the campus and kids from all the local elementary schools come and build luminarias----close to 50,000 of them!!! They light them all tonight, and you can walk or drive through them, it is impressive. We were going to take Kinsey and Connor, but Kinsey is going to her Dads Mothers birthday party, and DS wants to take Connor himself, so guess Rick and I will go alone! I don't mind, it is always a good time!

See y'all later......Hang in there Suzie----all is well!

Kat, I love little towns like that. When my sister used to live in Arkansas I liked going over to Eureka Springs at Christmas. It would always put you in a very good mood and bring out the spirit of the holiday in you.

The luminaries at the college sounds lovely. They is a neighborhood a couple of miles from here and they do on a sunday night luminaries. The bad thing about going thru there is hubby drives to fast. LOL. I like to take my time so I can look in the windows and doors to see how people decorate their homes.