Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

We had to finish off the leaves yesterday---did a final cleaning of the gutters, and blew them off the less sloped area of the roof over the patio, then cleaned the yard a final time for the year. While Rick was on the roof, we put our lights up. I won't turn them on for a few more days, but when you are up there, and the weather is warm and sunny---sure beats doing it in the freezing cold!!! We are expecting snow to start tonight.

Well I feel better today than I did 28 years ago on this day. Much less excited, but I have not had a single contraction! Today is Manda's birthday. We are going to keep Kinsey tonight while she goes out with Joe. So I have to get some of the shopping we did put away!

Rick and I are going to go to a craft fair, then he is wanting to work on his bike, so guess I will hang out here at home!

We went to bed at 8:30 lastnight, and I was out in a hurry! I was so tired. Everytime I tried to take a nap yesterday my brother called. I am serious, 3 times I would just get to sleep and he would call. I scrolled back, and my post yesterday was just after noon, and he called and woke me up 3 times in the next hour and a half! Finally I give up, he was offering Rick help with the leaves, it finally clicked he was just wanting company and to do something, so we got up and did leaves and lights! Was more productive I suppose!!!

Today I am making turkey/green chile enchiladas. We ate leftovers yesterday, as they were, now it is time to make some changes, enough Thanksgiving dinner for me!! So time to shake things up a bit!

Today I am taking down all my Fall decorations, and will get my Christmas ones into the garage so I can get to a tote at a time, and distribute them throughout the house. I thought I was not going to get to decorate, but I am!! LOL

I have sequins and beads left to add to Garricks stocking. Then I have to put names on his and Corvins, and add the backs and they are done. I should finish it this weekend. I sew while football is on, or when Rick is watching something I just glance at. By the time I am ready to put them on the wall, I should be finished. 2 new grandsons in one year, I should have been better prepared!

I am gonna go get ready so I don't scare people at this craft show......see ya later.

I sure WISH I had money or access to a good plastic surgeon. Notice how nastily puffy I am. I consumed so much salt I am retaining Fluid like a camel. Our drive home today was a nightmare. I was behind the wheel for 14 hours. My husband would drive, but I would rather do it myself. The first 50 miles of the trip home took 2 1/2 hours to drive!!!! I thought I was going to lose my mind.:sad::Yawn: Ok, no more ranting. We got home less than an hour ago, I immediately jumped into the shower to wash that awful drive off of me, and I am now headed to bed. Monday morning I will assess the damage to my weight loss that was done during the trip. Goodnight!

I sure WISH I had money or access to a good plastic surgeon. Notice how nastily puffy I am. I consumed so much salt I am retaining Fluid like a camel. Our drive home today was a nightmare. I was behind the wheel for 14 hours. My husband would drive, but I would rather do it myself. The first 50 miles of the trip home took 2 1/2 hours to drive!!!! I thought I was going to lose my mind.:sad::Yawn: Ok, no more ranting. We got home less than an hour ago, I immediately jumped into the shower to wash that awful drive off of me, and I am now headed to bed. Monday morning I will assess the damage to my weight loss that was done during the trip. Goodnight!

Good Morning.

Cindy, My nutritionist started documenting issues and is going to work really hard to get my tt covered by insurance. I go to her and my Dr. every 3 months to stay on track, and is really worh it.

i am very puffy every morning, it is so warm in my room, nice but warm so it takes a bit to get up and moving to unswell, so I feel your pain.

Go you, I'm not going to do a reality check until next week. I know it is bad, but starting a job tomorrow, I' wont be able to eat all day and I'll bring healthy food. next week I'll weigh. The only good thing is i've been very good about the gym.

I hope you all had a good night and great day today. I need to get things together and get ready to work.

oxoxo

Good morning everyone!

You have all posted so much since I have that I will just play this post by ear.

Cindy-you sound like you had a ball and your dd DOES look like you. Talking about PS makes me sad knowing I will prob never get to have it so, I try to avoid the subject, LOL.

Jenn-yes I got the vast majority of my shopping done. I am proud. I have never accomplished so much so soon before. dsd and I went shopping together on Friday and we had a blast. Bonding time. We went to see New Moon too. Good times!! I'll bet you are excited/nervous about tomorrow! You are gonna do GREAT!

Suzanne-I hope you get to find out your results tomorrow. Waiting can be torturous. I will pray for you! Let us kow as soon as you hear. Text me. lol

Irene-good thing I see you on FB... :tt2: How are you doing?

Laura-I dont know what I would do about your mil clothes. I really have no clue. I think that I would let her have her clothes. They make her happy. Everyone else doesn't have to like it. If you get the chance, tell the folks that work there that she would not wear new things. People are more understanding than we think. Everyone knows that elderly people can be cantankerous. lol

Kat-I am so glad you are decorating for Christmas! I am going to put up my tree today when dd and dsd get home. I am SO excited! I love arts and crafts. Especially when I have the extra money! I could go nuts!

OK, new ex-wife in law drama. Do you know she has the nerve to TELL my husband that she is claming dsd on her taxes? Uh, I have news for her...I'll bet I can file before her. LOL We will half it with her but she is not getting all of it...I have news for her! Dsd has lived with us for just 2 weeks shy of half a year. Since dsd was with her mom the 6 months and 2 weeks, she considers that the majority and so she is claiming her? NOT!! I guess what is pissing me ff the most is that dh will not stand up to her and demand half...he told ME to call her. I said "I shouldn't HAVE to call her." Does it EVER end? :)

BUT, on a brighter note...we had a fantastic holiday. I am fat and sassy :confused: but all the fun and games (eating whatever, whenever) is coming to an end tomorrow morning. DH is off and the kids are back in school and we are hitting the gym again. I am excited.

:) Have a great day everyone!

Ahhh Tracy, I so feel your pain! With the ex wife in law I mean. How much support did he pay during that 6 months and 2 weeks in contrast to how much she paid during the last 5 months and 2 weeks? If his share is higher, I would tell her to expect to hear from an attorney if it comes down to it, and see if it scares her into backing off.

What does the custodial agreement say? It could end up that she gets to claim her this year, but I would damn sure change it for next year, and I would be on her like white on rice over CS. I know he has another child that she still has so that is involved, but ANY expense above and beyond I would involve her in.....when she pushes, I would shove back until she tires of the games.

Another option might be to get them to sit down and write out an agreement that whoever claims her, that amount be applied to the past due on her home, that is also affecting HIS credit.

We used to provide over half the monthly income on the youngest (the one not Ricks)----meaning her Mother got less from SSI than she did us, so we got to claim her. Then a couple of years ago IRS contacted us, wanting their $$$ back, because the child claimed herself! We fought it and won, but no longer claim her on taxes even....our job with her is just to pay. No visitation, no contact, no rights----just pay. And pay..And pay...just a little bitter here.

Today is Kinsey's birthday party. She is so excited! Poppy fixed her pancakes and she is even picking at them, and normally she gobbles them down!! She played for a little while at the computer, but she keeps talking about her party, and her new outfit---she looks like a birthday cake in it I told her!

In the mall yesterday, a woman at the Hallmark store ask her if she was going to see Santa. She told her no she couldn't until after her birthday because Santa doesn't do birthdays, just Christmas! Made us laugh, the woman looked at us like we were nuts!

I have jsut a few more gifts to buy---everything is for local people, so watching ads, for one item, and will wait to see if I get a good buy. Other than that, it is last minute pick up of fill in gifts for grandkids.

Yesterday we bought Corvin a rocking pick up truck. It is wooden, and weighs a ton! 2 kids can sit in it, and it rocks. Kinsey loves it! She sat in it last night and played for hours! She pretended to gas it up, and wash it, she drove, and she ordered diet Dr. Pepper at the Sonic!!! LOL Smart girl! We cannot wrap it, the guy hand makes them, and it barely fit in the back seat of the car, was too tall to fit in my trunk! So we will just put a big bow on it.

We figure it will be a few months before he figures it out completely, but they have room for it, and he will have it for years, and it can be put on their patio for summer. If he plays with it for a couple of years, it was worth the $$$ we spent on it.

I have to go talk to the OM at my old work. The Superbill she give us on Rick's glasses (which they still claim have not arrived) did not qualify on our medical FSA. So they will not repay our money spent. So.....I have to have a computer generated billing statement. I bet my butt she drags it out, and I plan on calling VSP (our vision insurance provider) myself and getting a ship date on his glasses, that witch is playing games and I know it.

Sounds like maybe DH is talking to DS. I did not hear his phone, so sounds like DH was the bridge builder. I will bide my time, but my son is gonna get it from me, and it is not gonna be pretty. Immature little snot is how he is acting, and it makes me madder than hell! Til then, he gets my coldest shoulder. Not kidding either! Something has to get through his thick skull.

Kinsey is watching The Cat in the Hat, and has actually went 10 minutes without asking about her party. LOL

Guess I will go pick out something to wear today. As petty as it sounds.....I wanna look decent, since I have to deal with my EX!!!!!!!!!!!

Girls.......... you need to fill out this form otherwise the IRS will find you.......also check it out on their site irs.gov or speak to your preparer but you need this form

Form 8332 Non Custodial Release form

and attach it to your tax return

I have got to post this my MIL who is in great shape....just had some adjustments to her heart...but still like she says in GREAT shape... was just told she has celiac by the rehab hospital

It does make sense because whenever she eats bread she gets bloated not FAT>..she was never fat!!!!!

Could you believe this and at 89 I went with her when the dumb as$ doctor made at her age take that test that you go up your as$ and they found nothing wrong

EXCEPT me who told the dumb as$... at her age you should be ashamed of yourself, giving her that exam... which, knowing that he would have me there next time..told her he would never ever do her again.....

they found nothing (duh)

Laura, That story reminded me of the time my Grandfather who was around 70 at the time had suffered a stroke. My parents were out of state on vacation and by the time they could fly back home, they had taken my grandfather in and performed a circumcision on him. My mom was livid with them for taking liberties with a man who couldn't speak for himself. He didn't live much longer after that but could have done without the surgery.

Laura, That story reminded me of the time my Grandfather who was around 70 at the time had suffered a stroke. My parents were out of state on vacation and by the time they could fly back home, they had taken my grandfather in and performed a circumcision on him. My mom was livid with them for taking liberties with a man who couldn't speak for himself. He didn't live much longer after that but could have done without the surgery.

OMG...are they allowed to do that????

We filled the form out once probably 15-16 years ago---and it remains on file with our accountant. There has never been a question with the IRS until the child claimed herself when she went to work. However even her doing so was against the court order giving whoever provided the most support for her to claim her. Her Mother has NEVER worked since the divorce, and she did not make as much as we pay in CS, so even with her working, WE had the right to claim her. Which just kept us from having to repay the IRS. Since that time we have not claimed her. We have no idea if she has claimed herself or not, there is no contact....besides the checks that is.

Kinsey had a great party. She behaved well! Thanked people, took time to look at cards, and did not make any tacky comments! All good for a 5 year old! LOL

They played and jumped, and she made a stuffed zebra. This place is a combined Teddy Connection (like Build a Bear) and a place called The Big Bounce---which is a huge warehouse full of inflated bouncer things, and slides, and ball baths, and put put golf-----all kinds of stuff. Anyway, the kids all had a good time.

Son was not on the phone earlier--but he did show up at the party. DH ended up speaking to him, and he went on acting like nothing happened. Personally I did not speak to him....when I do, he and I are having a talk! DIL looked so friggin' smug that DH caved first, I wanted to deck her, so I tried to avoid her too!!

Of course my mood at the party was not great, with my ex being there. And he was trying to sell my DD on the idea of a large arm tattoo. Moron! I know lots people with large tattoos, but do not push them on other people! She has some now, but he thinks a big one....who gives a rats ass what he thinks????

Anyway, add to him being there....we stopped at Albertsons to get the cake--which was a large flower of cupcakes, with Tinkerbell in the center, hanging on a lighted piece--looking like she was flying. Anyway the petals on the flower were supposed to be lime green, like Tinks dress. They were dark forest green! Then the cashier dropped it as he rung it up, and tipped the center piece, messing up the writing, and several cupcakes. There was no time to allow them to fix it.....so I got to the party in a grump, then the ex being there, then DS (stands for Damn Son today), and the DIL was even worse with her smirk....grrrrrrrrrrr

Thankfully, DH, and my best friend Becky, and my Mom were all there, and that helped.

Tomorrow I am going to begin bringing in my Christmas items, so I can take my time and put things out.

For now I am off to play a game or 2 then go to bed.

I got Garricks stocking done except for the name, and I need daylight for that. I use the light from the storm door to see through the felt, and stencil in the name to stitch. So will get them done in the next few days. But for all intents and purposes it is done!!!

See you all tomorrow!

Good morning all

it is 5:10am and I'm showered and finishing my coffee trying to relax a little. Didn't sleep much, anxious about todayI think.

Well, I sucked it up and got on the scale. YUCK but only gained 3lbs since Wed. I guess could be much worse!

I've got to get ready to go to work, get the kids up and going at 6 and then hit the road.

I know it will be great, just a change.

Ok I'll check in when I get home. Sorry no personals, I'll try to catch up later

Jenn, good luck on your first day at work. I hope everything goes easy for you and you have a great day.

I'm getting ready for work. It's 28 degrees.

After work I will head to the store and get stuff to start my WW diet today. I'm lookiing forward to it. Just need to get back into the habit of writing my food intake down. I've never been good at doing that.

Kat, will you take pics of the stockings and post them. I would love to see what they end up looking like.

Good morning ladies~

Laura-thanks for the link to the IRS. :)

Kat-I could feel the disgust in your 'voice' when I read your post about DS and DIL. I have to admit, I laughed but only because every family has that one or 2 family members that can really rain on the event. I know that you and ds will get all of it resolved. Pull rank. I would!

As far as the CS thing...when dsd mved in we quit paying. she has a child, we have a child, so her idea was to call it a wash. That is why we have to hire a lawyer when we get taxes. We are protecting ourselves. OH, another thing...we NEVER (according to the court papers from the divorce) get to claim either child. That is what Frank agreed to, he had no lawyer representing him :) How is that for getting screwed?

Jenn-I am there with you in spirit. I am so excited for you today!

Suzanne-way to go for starting WW today! That is awesome! Let me know how you like it.

OK, so today I am back on the wagon. I am not going to weigh because right now I know about what I weigh and i am not going to depress myself. I am more interested in where I am going...not wheren I came from. Only positive thoughts. Depression (the devil) can get hold of me and not let go. I am not going to allow that to happen this time. SO, no official weigh in. I know I need to lose about 10-15 pounds to get back to what this ticker says. That is my focus...where I am going. :confused: Like Miley Cyrus says in her song....it is The Climb that is important.

Have a great day everyone! *smooches*

Jenn, hope your day and this job in general are perfect! Can't wait to hear from you at the end of the day!!!

Suzanne, I would gladly post pics of the stockings---I have made them for everyone---from Rick and I all the way down---and each is different, and some reflect the person. For instance on Ricks, Santa is kicked back in the recliner snoozing while football is on the TV---I even changed the football players on the TV to be wearing his teams colors! And our sons is Santa fishing, because he is an avid fisherman. The problem is....I cannot post pics, because I cannot size them! If nothing else, I will take a pic of the new one, and then of them all on the wall, and email it to you.

Tracy sounds like you and DSD had a great time. That is so good for both of you. It is hard to just step into the roles you do when custody changes. I am so glad things are looking up with it. Is Macy still happy with having a sister full time?

I am going to start getting Christmas in the house today. I need to get a letter written for some of my Christmas cards, and get my Moms and Ricks Moms addresses so I can get everyones labels made! Lots to do....just a lazy me trying to get it done is the challenge!

No time like the present to start---see y'all later!