Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Thanks all for your good thoughts

We made it through the night with no fever at all and the musinex cold. AMAZING! His meds were every 2 hrs because of how he was taking them but we missed the 2am musinex, and at 4 he was breathing hard again and when I woke him up for meds, he said it was his nose that was stuffy and hard to breathe, good thing, it worked quidkly and that was motrin time, so now meds are at the same time. He is still sleeping, I'm going to get him up in a few and drive him to school when I leave with dd for dentist. He wants to go to school, so he can go, no fever for over 12 hrs.

Suzanne - I'm sorry to hear about your sister, and you go girl, I need to get that 8lbs off with you, I am not doing well.

Michelle - How sad about that 4 year old! I always worry about that myself. When I would shower when ds and I were home alone, I would have him play in his room and I would put the gate up at the top of the stairs. I still make him come upstairs if I am showering and dd is not here. They make a game out of who's at the door and I don't trust him at all and he is 6.

Ok off to shower, just finished my last sip of coffee, going to be a day...a long one.

be back in a bit

Oh my...those poor families! You know, that 14 year old sounds like the beginning of a serial killer...he killed at 14? Scary. How sad for everyone. :thumbup:

Michelle-I am like Jen...my dd is 6 and I am still a worry wart when I take a shower. Every time I do, I repeat the rules..."do NOT open the door for anyone, if someone knocks on the door, what do you do?" She says..I come and tell you and I don't open the door. Moms have to be extra guarded these days...sad but true. BTW, I hear Oregen is beautiful. Did I hear right?

Jen-I hope dylan doesn't get sicker while he is at school! Good luck with dd at her oral surgery! Keep us posted!

Suzanne-oh my! Your sisters guardian angel was on her toes! That could have been horrific. I am sorry you will have extra duties but I am sure you dont mind considering what *could* have happened. I am with ya for the -8 this month too. We are gonna do this!

Good morning everyne~the girls go to school today and dh is at work. Sounds like quiet mom time! :scared2: What I need to do is go to the gym. My body is aching so much though. Last time I went I could only do a mile and a half and I hurt for 2 days after that. We'll see. My tom hasnt started yet and I am WAY emotional about some things. Today is a day I would like to just crawl under the covers and stay there until tomorrow. Can't go into it here, just pray for me, ok?

Kat-how are you?

Have a great day everyone!

Hi all

So, we are home,

Ds is at school, they let me go in and give him cough medicine and motrin :) so it was wearing off a bit when I got there, perfect timing, so he had medicine and was going to lunch 10 minutes later.

DD was just suppose to just have her tooth pulled down, well that turned into she is getting her braces today! That poor thing was not happy. The dentist was great, done in an hour and 10 mins and they didn't make me do the $600 down and don't have to make payments until January.

So I am going to get her a cheeseburger from McDonalds - they said she could have that, just not a big mac. LOL

Hey y’all! I haven’t checked in for a few days, so just thought I’d say hi. J

Not much to report except I’m being a good girl today! I felt a little bit light headed this morning and my equilibrium was off but I feel ok right now.

Ok have a great day all.

Home from work and debating if I should take doggie for a walk. We'll see.

Irene, glad you checked in. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

TracyK. Don't let tom get to you. Ignore what it is saying about food and be strong.

Sis is up and doing good. She said that she gets real sharp pains and than it goes to a dull ache. Doc said for her to stay in bed for a week. We'll see how long that last. She's just like me when I get that way. I feel good on the pain killers and than I end up over doing it.

I need a nap but I have so much stuff to do. And tonight I start helping teaching at our church. The Confirmation classes start tonight and I was asked if I would like to help with them. Holy Cow. Me in a room with a bunch of teenagers. I guess that's better than a class full of 6 year olds. I can do this...i can do this...

I had a bowl of oatmeal for Breakfast and just finished a bowl of egg drop Soup. Not sure what is for dinner yet. Probably leftovers form the turkey dinner last night.

Hope all of you are having a great day.

Tracy-

I hope your child is better....with the swine flu I get sicker when they get fever...my prayers with you

Suzie-

Loved the pictures.....if your gang can cut down big trees....come on down :)

Heart-

What I did when I had to shower was put games on the bathroom floor and he would play while I showered. Otherwise I would wait for DH to come home. Most of the time my showers where at night when all was zzzzzzz.

I did post on the boards that I had found a baby in the street ...so I know how horrible it is .... please EVERYONE...IT IS BETTER TO SMELL THEN TO LOSE THE PRECIOUS BABY.

Everyone-

I called the allergist and he had the swine flu shot ...thank god my son was home and the whole crew got our shots. For those who are iffy...it is made the same as the flu shot ...so if you are not allergic to eggs then it is not for you.

I had to take it but i made my DH and DS take it, MY DSILs are really against it and have yelled at me for planning to have DH take it....if god forbid you get the swine flu and it is a overrun at the hospital..WCBS news in NY said...the hospitals would run out of OXYGEN....so F them ...my DS and DH took the shot....shocker..since I do not even take aspirins...but took the drugs after the LB surgery and my DS laughed his butt off...I was so high...after that I wonder if he would ever take drugs...momma was high...he said he loved talking to me...he still laughs when he remembers :)

:wub::wub: I think this doctors scale was off becasue I clocked in at 283...wish :wub::wub::wub:

:eek::eek: I :sad: my cranberry sauce...so I make my own...cranberries, strawberries, Water and boil till they berries burst and I like mine soft ...when ready take off the stove and put in a glass bowl..cools it some and then add the stevia..mix and put in frig.. it can be lose.. the pectin from the cranberries will firm up the sauce in the frig...yummo :eek::tt1::tt1:

:D:ohmy::lol: Vote is tomorrow:thumbup::):thumbup:

Edited by jollygreen1955

I am so glad mine are older now. My rule was we didn't open the door for anyone, not even daddy. Anyone that was supposed to be at our house had a key. Even then, it was probably not until they were 6 or so that I would take a shower until my husband got home. It is a sad world we live in...My kids are older now, 15 and 17 and my fears are different, but you never stop worrying about them.

My kids are 27-30 now, and have kids of their own, and all that changes are WHAT you fear. Now you wonder if you taught them well enough for them to teach their kids! And will they tell you if times get too tough for them....the worries go on and on and on.

Tracy, I am still bumming in a major fashion, mad at the world---------ok not the world, just a few people in it. Selfish people in my opinion, but wanting it to be different, and demanding it, makes me just as selfish, and puts DH in a bad spot, so I am sucking it up----and trying to keep my head above Water with the black mood I am in.

I know it is stress, I have a muscle cramped in my neck/shoulder, and have been in serious pain for 3 days. Eating pain pills even.

Jenn, hope Dylan recovers quickly---being sick these days is a scary thing.

We have ALWAYS had a deadbolt lock on our doors, and the kids could not reach it til about age 6---by then they were old enough to at least understand---and we also had the rule, that anyone who had a right to come in, had a key....otherwise, no one was in or out.

Suzanne, so sorry about your sister--that sounds so incredibly painful! Hope she heals quickly!

We have a late (9:30) game, tonight, which is WAY too late, it is WAY too cold, and with this time change, my body is still interpreting it as 10:30---I may not make it awake, can you see me sleeping in center field?????

Will check in later--------take care all!

Back from my first Confirmation class. It was very interesting and fun. I really enjoyed it.

I hate that there is so many of my friends in a funk right now. I wish I knoew what to say to you guys to get you out of it. Just know that I think of you alot and wish you the best. Hope tomorrow brings a rainbow to your hearts and a smile to your faces.

They say we might have frost tonight. I'm waiting for our first snow fall. I love snow. Hubby always says thats because I don't have to drive in it. Well, I do now with my little PT job I have. I just think that the snow makes everything so pretty.

Getting tired now. Guess I'll head to bed.

I managed to get in right around 1300 calories today. Not all of it was healthy but I'm working on that part.

Night everyone.

I just finished reading the story of the little boy.

Yeah it's all pretty horrible! I just can't believe what people do to kids. And it's other kids!! That's scary to me!

Sis just came up to tell me they took 8 x-rays of her back and was amazed at all the hardware in there. Turns out she has a fractured coccyx. Advil, flexerall and vicodin for a week. And bed rest. Poor thing. They don't want her picking up anything, not even the pets. So I'm on extra duty this week.

Best wishes to your sis. OUCH!

And today starts my "November to Remember". I'll remember it because it will be the month I get my head back in this and lose 8 pounds for the month. Wish me Luck.

Pulling for you!!!

Thanks all for your good thoughts

Glad he seems to be doing so much better! Poor DD!

Michelle - How sad about that 4 year old! I always worry about that myself. When I would shower when ds and I were home alone, I would have him play in his room and I would put the gate up at the top of the stairs. I still make him come upstairs if I am showering and dd is not here. They make a game out of who's at the door and I don't trust him at all and he is 6.

Half the time she comes in and sits on her stool with a couple of books! Works for me! LOL!

Oh my...those poor families! You know, that 14 year old sounds like the beginning of a serial killer...he killed at 14? Scary. How sad for everyone. :eek:

Yea, what's happening to these kids that they are killing, and little kids, at this age?! I mean, it's not good to kill at any age but it seems to be happening a lot that it's teens doing this.

Michelle-I am like Jen...my dd is 6 and I am still a worry wart when I take a shower. Every time I do, I repeat the rules..."do NOT open the door for anyone, if someone knocks on the door, what do you do?" She says..I come and tell you and I don't open the door. Moms have to be extra guarded these days...sad but true. BTW, I hear Oregen is beautiful. Did I hear right?

I go over the rules too. And I make sure she's looking at me and paying attention so she HEARS me!!

We were in Oregon for a family reunion. We live in CA. Near Yosemite. Oregon is beautiful and I've enjoyed everything I've seen so far.

My body is aching so much though.

I'm so sorry you're hurting! Hope it gets better.

Hey y’all! I haven’t checked in for a few days, so just thought I’d say hi.

HI!!! Hope you're not coming down with something! Feel better.

Heart-

What I did when I had to shower was put games on the bathroom floor and he would play while I showered. Otherwise I would wait for DH to come home.

Hair only gets washed twice a week. It's healthier for it so that's makes it a little easier for quick showers on non-hair washing days. DH works a 72hr shift so he's not home everyday. Can't wait for him!! :) And forget it if he's on a fire and gone for weeks on end! THAT would be BAD!!! :D

Everyone-

I called the allergist and he had the swine flu shot

Good news!

:lol::wub: I think this doctors scale was off becasue I clocked in at 283...wish :wub::wub::wub:

I like THAT!!

I :wub: my cranberry sauce.

Yumm! Sounds good!!

I am so glad mine are older now. My rule was we didn't open the door for anyone, not even daddy.

Doors are always locked. If I'm in one part of the house, I can't hear what's happening at the other end! Scary times these days! And we live in the mountains and not in a city/town. Still scary!!

My kids are 27-30 now, and have kids of their own, and all that changes are WHAT you fear.

My mom says the same thing!

Tracy, I am still bumming in a major fashion, mad at the world.

I'm sorry you're struggling! Wish I had some sage advice for you. Know I'm thinking of you and hoping for things to get better!

I know it is stress, I have a muscle cramped in my neck/shoulder, and have been in serious pain for 3 days. Eating pain pills even.

Therma-care (or store brand) heat wraps! I have a bum shoulder/neck from a car wreck years ago and those are my life-savers. I put one on in the evening and go to bed with it. Feels so much better and rarely have to do it 2 nights in a row. If I let it go, it causes a Migraine and it'll take days (and several nights of wraps) to get that thing loose again, it's so bad! Hope you feel better soon!!

We have ALWAYS had a deadbolt lock on our doors.

We have the double-key deadbolts, the ones you have to have keys for the inside as well. I forget to take the keys out! She can unlock the kitchen door if the key is in it! The other door she can't get unlocked.

We have a late (9:30) game,

Sorry about the late game! Yuck! Hope you win tho!!

~~~~~

Feeling lots better but DD has a cold now. Not going to school tomorrow and probably not Thursday either. Poor thing!

Getting the new furnace installed tomorrow. It'll be nice to have heat even if a fire isn't burning in the stove! We primarily use our stove but it's nice to be able to turn the heat up if it's really cold in the AM or if we've been gone all day and I need to get the fire going. Just not looking forward to having to pay for it! :sad:

Had my gyno appt today. Off the Depo. Doc put me on BC pills again and he wants me to start prozac! I was surprised at that one. He said they use it a lot to help with the mood swings and Migraines associated with PMS. I have an Ultrasound next Thursday before my fill appt and on the 1st I go in for a Hysteroscopy. The US is to check on my fibroids and the camera thing is to just get a better look at things.

He will do a full hysterectomy if this doesn't work well. At first he was worried about putting me into early menopause but my mom went before she was 45 and actually went thru it for about 10 years. I'd like to avoid that part tho! Once I told him about my mom, he's not too worried about it now. He also said they've got a med that can temporarily put me into menopause and we can see if surgery would work for me. I thought that was kinda cool. Too bad I just couldn't take the med but it's not made for that.

So, I'm willing to try this course of action and see what happens. Feel weird about the prozac tho. I'll try it tho. Couldn't hurt! I'll pick everything up at the pharmacy sometime tomorrow. Oh and he ordered labs to check my hormone levels again. We haven't done that in awhile either.

So, that's how that appt went.

I'm tired. I should go to bed soon. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Good Morning everyone

kat - so nice to hear from you, I so look forward to hearing about how things are going with you.

sorry for the late game, I was long in bed by 9:30 LOL

Michelle - it seems your dr appt went well and you still have some options and he is going to do what is best for you not for his checkbook, if you know what I mean.

Laura- I'm not big on cranberry sauce but that sounds really good, it is that simple?

Crzytchr - I hear you with the new set of worries when they get older, I have a 15 year old too.

So ds is better, still has a cough but last night I put vicks on his chest he woke up coughing about 45 mins later and that was pretty much it. He also was up going to the bathroom 4 times last night, I've been pumping him full of fluids and he wasn't really going, so I made him drink more, I think it caught up. LOL Other than that he actually slept great. A little gunky this am but has not had musinex since 7pm last night.

DD went for her oral surgery yesterday, they had to pull a tooth down and then in Jan was going to get braces, well, after she was ok with the surgery part but not the braces, they didn't have anything to tie the tooth into, so she got her braces yesterday! she was upset at first but if she is good will only need them for a year, her teeth are not horrible, so she is going to be great about it. She has a cute tiny mouth, so when she smiles she doesn't look like a brace head -

Ok well, I am sick, had a fever last night and sore throat and sinus headache this morning, and the kids are home for conference day, so I'm going to try to recover myself. I'll be back

Hi Tracy - you ok sister... you are very quiet. xoxoxoxo

DD and DGD both down with the flu, headed back in this morning to the Urgent Care. DD went to her Dr. yesterday, and was brushed off basically, today Kinsey has it, so she is taking them both in to see if at least Kinsey can get the childrens Tamiflu to ease it for her. Dr. told DD they are not testing to determine if it is H1N1 unless hospitilization is required. Kinsey is high risk with her prematurity, and the health issues she had when her intestines swelled. So add that to my stresses today.

We won our game by forfeit last night, the other team cheated, and picked up a player, and the ump recognized it! In the end they did a play scrimmage, I voted to just come home....instead we played for about 45 minutes, so it was almost midnight before we got to bed......now I gotta run, so I can take juice to the kids.

see ya after work

Good morning everyone~

Kat-I am so sorry the they are sick! Poor little Kinsey. Please let me know how she is ok?

Jenn-yeah, I am here and yeah, I am quiet...or at least I ws yesterday. I feel a little better today. My dsd has braces too. She looks cute with 'em :thumbup:

Michelle-so sorry your dd is sick too! It is so sad when the little ones are sick :wub: I was a little weirded out by anti-depressants, but once my body got used to it (Celexa) I do not know what I did without them!

Suzie-I wish I had a part time job. I have done a lttle looking. I need to have something to talk about other than whats for dinner, ya know?

Laura-I love to talk to people that are under the influence at the hospital. It can be quite funny! Those are the memories that last! :eek:

Irene-Glad you posted yesterday. I have missed ya!

Cindy-how is your dsd?

Everyone-this may sound rediculous, but i am in mourning...I have watched Young & the Restless since I was 13 years old and yesterday was Victor Newmans last episode. :thumbup: I feel like I have lost a dear friend. Maybe someday he will come back. Let me explain a little more...I have so many fond memories of my dads last days he was alive. He really got hooked on the show during his illness. He called the show 'Victor Newman'. He would never miss it. I also have memories of when I was younger, watching the show with my mom. I sound pathetic...let me stop here. lol

Have a great day <3

Edited by TracyK

Tracy

OMG....yesterday I did not watch Y and R... I will have to watch it on the computer..... Victor leaving....bet the show ratings will drop :eek:

Jenn-

My cranberry recipe is EASY but do NOT tell my inlaws:sneaky::thumbup::sneaky::eek::sneaky:

Everyone-

Want an easy hot choc....water, powdered milk, stevia, dash of cinamin and MAPLE flavoring...dump in saucepan and heat till correct temp to drink.............yummo

We all voted today :thumbup: then went to pick up cones of yarn... we traveled a long distance to find out it is finger yarn.. so my DH traveled for nothing..will give away locally to people who can use it...... but the yarns are dirty and need to dry out...I thought they were alitlle thicker and I opened 2 bags and had to stop due to the mildue smell...yuck

I got them for free but wanted to pass on to other knitters and crocheters...:wub: they smell

Have a great day