Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Happy November 1st ladies!!!

Turkey and dressing and pies, OH MY!! :scared2:

:frown: We'll be fine. To get TO it, we have to go THRU it!

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed that my candy nightmare was over...until you reminded me it is merely beginning. OH NO!!!!:thumbup:

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed that my candy nightmare was over...until you reminded me it is merely beginning. OH NO!!!!:scared2:

:thumbup: Leave it to me to be the wake up call....LOL :lol: SORRY!:frown:

I suck! It is all I think about...candy, thanksgiving, baking, turkey day, more baking, the sweet smell of the house, christmas Cookies, eat drink and be merry kind of thing, and on and on and on....:frown:

I wish there were a band for our brains...or electric shock, wire my mouth shut for 2 months, something! LOL :lol:

I plan on making homemade chocolate chip Cookies tonight for my students. It is the dough that kills me. I can not step away from it. I am just hoping to make it until the end of December without gaining any weight at all.

I plan on making homemade chocolate chip Cookies tonight for my students. It is the dough that kills me. I can not step away from it. I am just hoping to make it until the end of December without gaining any weight at all.

I can step away from the cookies, but mmmmmm cookie dough... who can resist?

We can all survive this holiday season! I have faith in us.

Dylan is ok, we went to the dr and he does not have the flu, his head is just full of gunk and that is not helping his breathing. His lungs sound clear and his o2 sats went from 92 this morning to 99. I'm so glad I have a pulse ox here, it really helps me know when I need to panic.

Ok going to lie down for a bit, ds wants to snuggle.

Jenn, Hope you DS gets to feeling better. Poor thing.

So it's a new month. Do we have a plan for this month? I'm going to shoot for a 8 pound loss. Also we need a "Drop the Crap" day, wanna make it a Tuesday?

Think I'll go take doggie for a walk.

Cindy-cookie dough doesn't really do it for me, the baked ones do though :lol: Now, CAKE batter is a whole nuther story! :thumbup: I think it is very reasonable to just ask for no gain during the holdiay! That is what I am hoping too! :frown: (i really wanna lose but...) lol

Jenn-glad ds doesnt have the flu...and snuggling with mom is the best medicine :frown:

Suzanne-I think I will set the same goal as you this month. -8 sounds perfect, AND doable if I follow the rules, lol.

Lets thing of something other than 'that' slogan though...drop and cut are too similar :scared2::lol: How about something like 'just say no to junk' day...lets think of something.

Bless me Father fo I have sinned. I was a Glutton today.

Just got back from our Church's Thanksgiving dinner. Holy Cow I can eat. I didn't eat my roll or the cranberry sauce. But everything else was wonderful.

I'm sorry to be talking about it, but it was so good. And than to top it off I had a brownie.

Ok, tomorrow I start back on journey. Got my journal out. The one I keep bringing out and never write in. Let's see how I manage this time with it.

Hubby and BIL gathering wood from our property.

post-214709-13813138829334_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813138829653_thumb.jpg

post-214709-13813138829958_thumb.jpg

Bless me Father fo I have sinned. I was a Glutton today.

Just got back from our Church's Thanksgiving dinner. Holy Cow I can eat. I didn't eat my roll or the cranberry sauce. But everything else was wonderful.

I'm sorry to be talking about it, but it was so good. And than to top it off I had a brownie.

Ok, tomorrow I start back on journey. Got my journal out. The one I keep bringing out and never write in. Let's see how I manage this time with it.

You know what...it's over with. Tomorrow? Why not today? Just because you fell off earlier doesn't mean you can not salvage the rest of the day!! Don't dwell on it. Give yourself a break! :scared2: (love the pics)

Ok so today was a day from you know where,

Dylan fell asleep on the couch when we got back and woke up with 102 fever YIKES! and his chest started really hurting.

So mom went to the store for me, she has a flex spending acct she has to use up by next week when she is done working. He took some kids musinex cold and sounds so much better and his nose is actually running now. Fever is down to 99.1

He s going to bed now, i am going to set my alarm for every 4 hrs to give him medicine to keep his fever down and cough under control, he wants to go to school tomorrow, and dd is having some dental surgery in the morning, so it would be best if he goes.

Anyway, I have been so bad with food today. Tomorrow is another day, and i need to get some groceries so I don't eat crapola. I'm tapped until Tuesday so I will get a couple staples and I'll be ok.

I get a fill Dec 10th, I think I'll need it! I can tell i lost some.

Have a great night all...

Suzanne, great pics!

Jenn, sorry to hear son is still very sick. Hopefully you can help him break that fever by giving him meds every 4 hours. Good Luck with that I hope all goes well with you dsd tomorrow and her surgery.

Sis and her hubby were here giving doggie a bath. She came out holding him and started to go down the stairs. All of a sudden she went down. She hit her tail bone on the top step that has the metal strip to hold the carpet on. Thank God she didn't go forward and go all the way down the stairs. I took doggie from her and she walked down. She said she was ok but couldn't sit. That was all about 15 minutes ago. She just told me that they are going ot the ER to have her back x-rayed. She's the one that has the steel cage around her spine. 4 rods and 12 titanium screws. Boy, I sure hope she hasn't messed anything up. I'll let you guys know when I hear anything.

Nite and chat with ya later.

Jenn: I hope your son feels better soon. I hate it when my kids are sick and they are old enough to handle it.

Hi everyone!

Jenn, so sorry to hear about your baby boy! Prayers he's on the mend soon. I hope tomorrow works out well for you. I know what it's like to be in a bind w/the kiddos.

DD did a fever on our marathon road trip from Oregon (10hrs!). We're at a rest stop and soaking a pot holder (it's what we had!) with tap Water to "wash" her face and put on her forehead and the back of her neck. Gave her some children's tylenol and had her eating ice chips and she came down in no time. Scary tho!

I hate when she's sick! I always want to give in to her every whim and spoil her. I don't for the most part. I just know it will come back to bite me later! :scared2:

Suzie, love the pics. Woodcutting is on our agenda for the week as it will be for the rest of the month. We have til the 30th or til the weather closes the roads, whichever comes first, to get all we need for the winter.

~~~~~

Starting to feel better. Hoping I'm on the other side of this now.

Watching the news right now. It's depressing. A 4yr old boy wandered away from home while his dad was taking a shower. They couldn't find him anywhere. Mid-afternoon the next day he was found stuffed in a neighbors dryer. A 14 yr old boy is being charged w/his murder. It's so sad. The teen's mother would babysit for the little boy and other children.

Worries me some b/c I think about DD wandering out the door while I'm in the shower too. She does know better but she's also 3. I can totally see her wanting to be a big girl and help and either letting the dog out, who will take off if not on leash, or opening it for someone or ...

Tho I do have to say, a month or so ago while I was in the shower she came running in b/c someone was here. She knew it wasn't UPS (no big brown truck) or papa or his friends (no big red engine). She told me it was people walking. It was a religious group that comes thru the neighborhood periodically. I told her to ignore the door and just stay in the LR and watch her show. (In the meantime I'm trying to get out faster than normal.) She was all indignant that they were even here and wanted to tell them to leave! I was laughing! According to her, they weren't papa or his friends and they weren't UPS bringing a box so they didn't belong here! LOL!!

Have my gyno appt tomorrow. We'll see what happens. Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not! I just want some answers and relief!

Hope y'all have a great Monday!

Good Monday Morning All.

I just finished reading the story of the little boy. Oh my, how awful. What is wrong with people. Is it really neccesary to kill these little kids. There was a little one killed last week here in MO. She was walking home from a friends house. They have a 15 year old in custody for that one. Even if they rape them or whatever sex things they do, do they really need to kill them. So sad,

Sis just came up to tell me they took 8 x-rays of her back and was amazed at all the hardware in there. Turns out she has a fractured coccyx. Advil, flexerall and vicodin for a week. And bed rest. Poor thing. They don't want her picking up anything, not even the pets. So I'm on extra duty this week.

And today starts my "November to Remember". I'll remember it because it will be the month I get my head back in this and lose 8 pounds for the month. Wish me Luck.

Everyone have a great day, I'll check in when I get off work.