Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

LOL

Thanks Suzanne

it is raining so hard here today

Just jumped on and thanks for all the good wishes for my MIL.

As for the Christmas yarn, I decided to keep it. It is less than two months to Christmas and will make scarves and toys..will check my websites and leave it for the nuns at the local hospital. When crocheting my sweater/coat, I remembered how the girls write on the crochet site how folks do not even receive visitors. So, since it would be quick projects, I will find nice gifts and wrap...and leave it with the sisters at our local hospital. I know that they will know who to give it to.

As for my weight, I am convinced that the lapband was filled to much..I guess when I see my doctor before Thanksgiving, I will have to have some Fluid removed :thumbup:

Anyway, all is well and thank god we are here for MIL, wish my SILs would help. But we all have those complaints:thumbup:

Have a great day

Laura

:blink:who me... that is a scary thought all on its own...

love ya

Thats what I was thinking too.... LMAO!

You both scare me.

.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbup:

LOL, I scare me too! :tt2:
Just jumped on and thanks for all the good wishes for my MIL.

How is she?

As for the Christmas yarn, I decided to keep it. It is less than two months to Christmas and will make scarves and toys..will check my websites and leave it for the nuns at the local hospital. When crocheting my sweater/coat, I remembered how the girls write on the crochet site how folks do not even receive visitors. So, since it would be quick projects, I will find nice gifts and wrap...and leave it with the sisters at our local hospital. I know that they will know who to give it to. What a wonderful thing for you to do. :rofl: That is MY definition of sweet!

As for my weight, I am convinced that the lapband was filled to much..I guess when I see my doctor before Thanksgiving, I will have to have some Fluid removed :eek: I am completely unfilled and have been that way or a couple of months now. I wish I hadn't gotten it all out but hindsight is 20/20. I go tomorrow for a fill because I NEED one before the holidays! lol See how much I trust myself? :lol:

Anyway, all is well and thank god we are here for MIL, wish my SILs would help. But we all have those complaints:thumbup:

Have a great day I am so glad you posted. :(

Laura

Everyone...I made it thru another day of healthy eating. It is coming back to me now. :tt1: The hard part will be in a few days when tom shows up this weekend. I crave chocolate SO bad. Oh well, I've done this before...

Game 1 of the world series is coming on....gotta run :bolt:

GO YANKEES!!!!!

Nite Nite friends. :rofl:

Hello all

just a quick check in, I have family court in the morning and I'm really stressed out.

Just filled out my financial paperwork, Man, no wonder why I'm completely stressed out

Long day---woke up to several inches of snow, and idiots on the road!

Work was usual, but I managed!!!

The OM actually got rear ended on the way to work,(right here, insert my Mom telling me "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all") it was like a complete white out for awhile! So she was late, and it got everything off to a crazy start.

Rick and I shopped after work, I will have kids and grandkids in and out Fri & Sat with Safe treats down town on Friday, and Halloween on Saturday--so planned some simple big meals to feed everyone.

The one umpire for the series games, Mike Everett, was a child hood friend of my brothers, his sisters were older than I am, but our parents were friends, and Mike and my brother hung out a lot! He is from our little town here!

Well off to read for awhile, and try to stay warm, it is cold and snowing again! I'd say we had about 8 inches last night. Wonder what tonight will drop????

HI!

How is everyone? I know I haven't been around for very long but I've missed everyone!

I'm doing better today. I've been sick again and hit the wall yesterday... hard. I was starting to think that DH might have to send me to the hospital but I couldn't figure out what they would do for me so never said anything about it to him (he knew I was sick and hurting tho). I thought my head was going to explode and at a few points, was hoping it actually would b/c then the pain would hopefully stop!

I think I'm on the other side of it now. I'm hoping. I'm really not sure what was happening but it hurt.

On top of that, stopping my BP med caused a 6lb gain in 3 days!! So that's been depressing on top of it all. It was a diuretic and I'm a bad water-weight gainer to begin with. I actually had thoughts of going back on it just to lose the water-weight! Sick, huh?

As far as my funk, I think I'm on the other side of that as well. I've now got to get back to my walking. It's been so hard to even get motivated. I've just GOT to do it!

I go see my surgeon again in a couple of weeks. I need another fill so I'm looking forward to it. Won't be happy w/the scale but I can only do so much about it. I've got to figure out a way to stop stressing over what the scale says.

Hope y'all have a great night and a happy Thursday!

Good morning all

I'm up and showered and sick to my stomach about court. He has an attorney... so I'm going in there on my own and he expects to make a deal.

I am asking the judge to determine what the amount should be and then play lets make a deal, but I am also stating that if I feel pressured at any point i want a court appointed attorney. The judge hates kev.

MICHELLE, I went off my bp meds soon after surgery but still bloated so last summer I went back on my Water pills, which are a very mild bp pill, but I went to my primary and told her i was retaining badly and he put me on them, this summer she increased, only 2 25mg a day but I can't be without them. Now that fall/winter is here I might go back to 1 a day but I need that.

Kat, please, keep the snow. LOL we are iffy about a few showers halloween, but going to be 60 and sunny most of the day, I love it when that happens

Please send me really good thoughts, This morning is not going to be easy, court is 9am

Long day---woke up to several inches of snow, and idiots on the road! I would crash for sure! LOL I have only driven on icy roads a couple of times, but never snow :thumbup:

Work was usual, but I managed!!!

The OM actually got rear ended on the way to work,(right here, insert my Mom telling me "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all") it was like a complete white out for awhile! So she was late, and it got everything off to a crazy start. here, let me say it for you...LOL HAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol: :tt2::tt2::tt2: lmao! There...:thumbdown:...now, dont you feel better getting it all out? haha :ihih:

Rick and I shopped after work, I will have kids and grandkids in and out Fri & Sat with Safe treats down town on Friday, and Halloween on Saturday--so planned some simple big meals to feed everyone. Say it with me...HOT-DOGS...LOL That will be fun though, I wish I could be there with Macy!

The one umpire for the series games, Mike Everett, was a child hood friend of my brothers, his sisters were older than I am, but our parents were friends, and Mike and my brother hung out a lot! He is from our little town here! Ya'lls own little celebrity, that is cool! I will look for his pic when it airs tonight.

Well off to read for awhile, and try to stay warm, it is cold and snowing again! I'd say we had about 8 inches last night. :yikes: OMG, really? Wonder what tonight will drop????

HI! SO great to see you Michelle!

How is everyone? I know I haven't been around for very long but I've missed everyone! We really missed you too and were wondering if you are OK

I'm doing better today. I've been sick again and hit the wall yesterday... hard. I was starting to think that DH might have to send me to the hospital but I couldn't figure out what they would do for me so never said anything about it to him (he knew I was sick and hurting tho). I thought my head was going to explode and at a few points, was hoping it actually would b/c then the pain would hopefully stop!

I think I'm on the other side of it now. I'm hoping. I'm really not sure what was happening but it hurt. Are you gonna try to have it checked out? That sounds scary.

On top of that, stopping my BP med caused a 6lb gain in 3 days!! So that's been depressing on top of it all. It was a diuretic and I'm a bad water-weight gainer to begin with. I actually had thoughts of going back on it just to lose the water-weight! Sick, huh? Not sick, just normal. I take Fluid pills but not every day, so I can imagine hw you feel! They sell over the counter fluid pills. I have never used them but some folks have said they work. Maybe you can give it a try?

As far as my funk, I think I'm on the other side of that as well. I've now got to get back to my walking. It's been so hard to even get motivated. I've just GOT to do it!

You have done so well! Cut yourself some slack. You will do wonderful. Never give up! If I can get rejuvinated after regaining about 60 pounds, anyone can! You can do this! Use me as an example of what NOT to do :wink2:

I go see my surgeon again in a couple of weeks. I need another fill so I'm looking forward to it. Won't be happy w/the scale but I can only do so much about it. I've got to figure out a way to stop stressing over what the scale says.

you still have a couple of weeks. work towards doing great until then, ok? :huggie:

Hope y'all have a great night and a happy Thursday!

Good morning all

I'm up and showered and sick to my stomach about court. He has an attorney... so I'm going in there on my own and he expects to make a deal. Well, if it is not what YOU want, say no deal. Dont settle. You do not have to!

I am asking the judge to determine what the amount should be and then play lets make a deal, but I am also stating that if I feel pressured at any point i want a court appointed attorney. The judge hates kev. GREAT IDEA! :thumbup:

Please send me really good thoughts, This morning is not going to be easy, court is 9am Well, it is 9:00 your time...I wonder how it is going...Let me say a quick prayer... *pause* OK, done. Let me know what happens.

YAY...it is FILL day! :woot:

I am gonna have a good but healthy Breakfast this morning and then head out for Houston. :w00t:

Guess what....I am out ofthe 23somethings and into the 22somethings. How GREAT! Each 10 pounds is greater and greater. I am SO excited. Today when I go to the dr I wil weigh just about what I weihed 2 months ago when I got the unfill. Hopefully they will be happy with it being the same after 2 months of being completely unfilled! I am going to wear lightweight pants and take off my shoes!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain and more rain. That's how my day is going.

Michelle, welcome back and we did miss you.

Tracy, good luck on your fill today. You have inspired me.

Jenn, I am so sending all my vibes to you so that all goes your way in court today. Good Luck.

Hi everyone else.

Yup, it's raining all day here. I have to work the afternoon shift so it probably won't be to busy. Nobody ever wants to get out in the cold dreary rain to exercise. I'll take a game with me to work to keep me busy.

Have a great day and I'll check in soon.

it was short and done, go back Dec 14th at 2

merry f'n xmas to us

Jenn DH and I have had way more than our share of court issues with his ex, and the child, all that stuff--and NOTHING ever gets accomplished in a timely manner!

Back when I filed on my ex for CS for Manda, I filed in 1988--------I got a check for $50.00 they withheld from him in 1998---10 years later!! I got one the following month, then guess what---she turned 18 and they quit taking money from him!!!

With Rick's we were travelling back and forth to Denver, which is about an 800 mile round trip, and we were in court no less than 10 times (to a tune of over $60K!!!)

So when I say my heart goes out to you, I mean it sincerely, I DO know where you are and how badly it sucks.

I had a friend tell me I was hopelessly looking for justice in an unjust court system.....more and more I think he was right. We pay outreageous CS for a child proven not to be DH's----yeah that is justice, and we cannot see her....justice at its finest!

Got a lot done in the house today before heading to work. We got another 4-5 inches of snow, but it is headed out, the sun is out and it is so bright outside it hurts your eyes! Will be a soggy memory by tomorrow.

Everyone is being so good.....me I just raided the halloween candy.........

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain and more rain. That's how my day is going. Here too!!

Michelle, welcome back and we did miss you.

Tracy, good luck on your fill today. You have inspired me. Thank you Suz...I appreciate that.:thumbdown: That means we're even :thumbup:

Jenn, I am so sending all my vibes to you so that all goes your way in court today. Good Luck.

Hi everyone else.

it was short and done, go back Dec 14th at 2 Jenn-sounds like it sucked...I am so sorry. Here is a hug (((hug)))

merry f'n xmas to us

Everyone is being so good.....me I just raided the halloween candy.........step away from the EVIL! :thumbup:

I am back and got 1.0 in my band now. YIPEE~~I am SO excited.

I gotta go and do some shopping so I will be back later. ttyl...

Back home from Hobby Lobby, now need to get started on x-mas gifts.

Jenn, hugs to you. I've never had to go thru anything like that so I'm at a loss for words. Just know I'm sending you all my good vibes. Hang in there.

Tracy, woot woot. You go girl.

GOOD MORNING!! J

Jolly, do not worry about the slight unfill. I was scared too, but I’ve found I’m losing big after. Who’d have thought being too tight might contribute to no loss or some gains? Seems illogical but for some of us is the case. Take care of yourself and your band.

Tracey, good luck on your fill today! I’m planning a tiny fill too on the 3rd. I’m saying maybe .1cc or .2cc max. I really don’t even want to be tight again, but I know I’m eating too much. bread doesn’t even bother me at all. That’s just crazy. I’m very close to my sweet spot. I think a little top off just might do it.

I’m also not really worried even, because I’m working with my nutritionist for as long as I need to get this down.

Jen, hope your family court goes well as can be expected. I bet that is very stressful for you, but you seem to hold your own. I really admire that.

Kat, enjoy the snow! It sounds so lovely and cozy. J

Michelle, so sorry you were feeling so bad. L I really hope you’re on the mend; whatever is going around is just the worst. It’s really nice to see you though.

I completely understand you about the HCTZ. I’m still on it, but on the lowest dose possible. I’ve been being weaned off the strongest dose twice a day since surgery. Every time my doc lightens my rx I end up gaining within days. It just stinks!! I’m dreading getting off all together because the gain is going to make me feel depressed. Just try keeping your body flushed and it will work itself out. Watch those salts too!

Congratulations by the way! That is my ultimate goal (even thought I’m avoiding it) to get completely off my hbp medicine. That’s awesome!!

Suzie, sorry it’s raining so much there. L I know that always puts a damper on my mood. I can’t get out for my walk during work and I just feel so sluggish.

I hope it lets up soon! We need our Vitamin D!!

Well as for me yesterday was not a good eating day. Oh well, I feel over it today and I’ve been good today. I can’t stray anymore anyway because I’m out of my weekly points. Now I have to stay on point through Saturday. No biggie, that’s what the points system is for. Keeping it real!

My Mom’s agnormal diagnosis had us in the hospital until late last night. It turned out good though, she is completely cleared of anything that might be wrong. Praise God! J

So, I think I can sum up my bad eating day with the stresses of that. Other than that, regardless I got my hour workout in, so it covered me just in case. In fact, I’m getting ready to do my miles here in a few. It’s 59 here right now and slight breeze. I love California!

Turns out they are already closing up shop whereas my work trip is concerned. I’m not too broken up about it. I think I just wasn’t up to it really. I know there are alternatives, but I’m such a major creature of habit. A place for everything, and everything in its place. Know what I mean? Change one little thing and I seem to fall off track.

Hope everyone has a successful day! J

I finally brought out the halloween candy. Guess it's time to get my butt to work than. See you all tonight.