Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Hey All, Home from work. I ate dinner and now I'm catching up on "All My Children". Than it's off to bed. I'm pooped.

Tomorrow is another very busy day for me. I'm looking forward to Sunday. Nothing so far is planned for that day.

My eating was out of control today. I'm thinking it was because I went to the Docs yesterday and I know I don't have to see him for a while. Kinda like on the day you weigh in at WW and than head to a restaurant to pig out. I need to get some of what Tracy and Jenn have and get my head back in this game.

The 5 pounds down is great and I will take it. It's just that I have been at this for so long that I've lost patience with myself. I'm back to that way of thinking that I want it and I want it now.

Hope you all had a great day.

Hi Tracy and Jennifer, you both look like you are doing GREAT!!

Hope all have a good day!!

Hi Jane! If anyone knows the struggles I have had, its you. This rejuvination is JUST in time. How are you?

Little Miss Piggy has been at it again today.

Will se ever stop??????????

I know you just did not say that...want me to come there and smack ya? You are doing wonderful. You are one of my inspirations!

Tchr, Reese’s Peanutbutter WHATkins??? OMG… where can I find those? Those WOULD be worth the points!! Step away from the EVIL!!!! Do not even look for them anywhere...trust me! :scared2:

I heart pumpkin anything!!! I’ve been thinking about the pumpkin shakes at Jack in the Box. OMG OMG OMG. It’s taking all my will power not to get one. I almost did last night but talked myself out of it. It was almost a done deal! Way to go! THAT is awesome :)

Tracey, OMG FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! I’m soooo happy for you!!!! Let’s keep this up! I’m so wanting to just finish this up! Or if anything just get into onederland. Been there and it is a fantstic sense of accomplishment. It felt so great that I wanted to do it again...(yeah right). This time is different and it has more meaning to me...because now I know where I went wrong, so I wont ever go back over 200...ever.I’ve been dreaming of that day for years now. It’s just TIME!! You’re right too… HE is a huge factor. I’m exactly the same way. I have to put it in HIS hands and realize that this is HIS temple. I have to treat it right! It’s the only one HE gave me. ;o)

Amen Sista!

I’m not exactly sure I’ll even go out really. They said they would let me know by the end of the week or later. The fire is already more than half contained… however it was crazy windy today. I haven’t heard anything since. We’ll see.

Hi Janie! I’m new here.. nice to meet you! J

Okay all, have a fabu day. I’ll do the same. I didn’t do my workout last night like I should have but I at least did do 2.25 mile walk and 30 minutes calisthenics. I was supposed to also do 30bike/30elliptical. That part didn’t happen… hehe.

Do some for me :wink2:

I’ll definitely do that tonight. I only got a little over a mile walks today, so I have to do something.

Hi all

another drive by, very crazy day, and going to make dinner, and then going on a date. Go me :woot: GO JEN! Dont worry, I wont e-mail you....lol :ohmy:

Yes tracy, I'll have symptoms until my body says no more, they didn't remove anything to effect my hormone levels which is something I liked, but I feel huge and got a ton of compliments today. Go figure, maybe I'll drop a couple when the bloat is gone. That is my prediction too!

GO TRACY! :woot: :w00t::thumbup: I am scared to get on the scales tomorrow. I have done well today but I am just nervous...we'll see. If my ring is tight, I wont weigh, lol

My dd has a pr 8 jeans that are too short and she was going to give them away, I took them and have them hanging on the back of my door. I am 2 sizes away from my dd, to me that is insane! right?! how cool is that?!

Hey everyone, I hope yall are all doing good!!!! I see a lot of you are having the same struggles as me with the holloween candy. This has been a major problem for me I was only 1lb away from being 100 lbs down and thanks to the holloween candy I am up 2lbs making it 3lbs away now. I have a party to go to this weekend and am seeing people I havent seen in a while so I really wanted to do go, but the candy has a hold on me. My daughter hid it in her room but I can't help it, It's also that TOM for me and I can't stop eating the reeces Peanut Butter cups. Well hopefully we can all get passed this without to much harm. Congrats to you Tracy on your loss, I wish it was me instead I'm going in the opposite direction. Hi there! so good to hear from you again! You will be just fine...step away from the candy (easier said than done). I am not buying candy this year. We wont be home for trick or treaters and every other year we ate it ourselves...so I am not even going toput myself thru the torture! How has your band been doing? Weren't you having trouble?

32.5 pounds to onederland. I have been on vacation away from it and can not wait to get back there. My arrival there I hope will be by Valentines...that is my 7th wedding anniversary. :wink5:

Have a fantastic night everyone!!! :(

Edited by TracyK

Tracey! You had me ROFL’n!! I loved the “I loved it so much I wanted to do it again” hehe!! :-P No doubt though you’ll never have to go through that again. I have faith in you. Get back to onederland! I’m thinking you can get there faster than your Anniversary. J

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I just have a soft spot at… er… certain moments of the month. I can feel that going away so I should be ok for the next 3 weeks! I did gain 2 lbs back since Saturday, but I’m positive it’s just Water. I really haven’t been *that* bad. In fact, it’s almost a victory because normally at this time, it’s like a 5 Lbs gain is a given. I guess I can’t feel too bad.

OMG how did I miss that? Jenn had a date? How did it go? Inquiring boring married for 15 years minds wanna know… lol J 2 Sizes will go quick! I need to put my incentive pants next to my bed so it’s the last thing I’m looking at before I fall asleep.

Suzie, maybe it’s just a little momentary insanity. Hey I just went through it. Try this, every time you think of candy, imagine it chasing you down the street trying to permanently adhere to your behind. That’s what I do! It works… most of the time. :-D Sometimes I say, I don’t care.. stick away!

M4M, wow we are all having some candy issues aren’t we? This time of year, starting with this crazy candy holiday always gets me. Every year (except last because I was too tight to even eat cranberry sauce) I fight the urges and lose. This time I’ll win. Not because (like I said) I’m too tight, but because I have to battle the demons before I can defeat them. The 3 musketeers won the other day but it caught me at my weakest moment. I’m gonna toss em in the back yard and hopefully the birds will carry them off.

Nitey nite everyone!

Tracy: I spoke tooooooo soon...It rained almost all freaking day!

Ok, I am now convinced my husband must secretly love torturing me, or he wants to keep me fat so no one will look at me. The man I have been married to for 19 years, came home with a 1 lb 10.8 oz bag of REESE'S Peanut Butter PUMPKINS!!! I hear the possessed demon things calling me. I am right now trying to type this and still cover my ears.:(

cindy....cindy....cindy

Can you hear it?! AAARRRGGGGHHHHH:scared2:

Poor Cindy, I hope the little pumpkins survived the night. I never have to worry about my husband doing anything like that, he doesn't know what the inside of a store looks like. I'm the problem. I buy the stuff, it's all me. Someday I will learn.

Hey All, Home from work. I ate dinner and now I'm catching up on "All My Children". Than it's off to bed. I'm pooped.

Tomorrow is another very busy day for me. I'm looking forward to Sunday. Nothing so far is planned for that day. I'm right there with you, I'm exhausted, it is raining and I can't walk today and want to go back to bed.

My eating was out of control today. I'm thinking it was because I went to the Docs yesterday and I know I don't have to see him for a while. Kinda like on the day you weigh in at WW and than head to a restaurant to pig out. I need to get some of what Tracy and Jenn have and get my head back in this game. 5lbs is great, you should be proud of that! You had your celebration day, now back to reality! You can do it!

The 5 pounds down is great and I will take it. It's just that I have been at this for so long that I've lost patience with myself. I'm back to that way of thinking that I want it and I want it now.

Hope you all had a great day.

I feel your pain, beein stuck at 185 for a month now and it is frustrating, since I watch everything I do.
Tracey! You had me ROFL’n!! I loved the “I loved it so much I wanted to do it again” hehe!! :-P No doubt though you’ll never have to go through that again. I have faith in you. Get back to onederland! I’m thinking you can get there faster than your Anniversary. J

Tracy is one of the most determined people I know, she will get there quickly! Unfortunately Tracy, you are like me, all or nothing. LOL :scared2:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I just have a soft spot at… er… certain moments of the month. I can feel that going away so I should be ok for the next 3 weeks! I did gain 2 lbs back since Saturday, but I’m positive it’s just Water. I really haven’t been *that* bad. In fact, it’s almost a victory because normally at this time, it’s like a 5 Lbs gain is a given. I guess I can’t feel too bad. Well, being that certain time of month, I do what I have to do for a day or 2 and wake up and say that is it. When it is done, drink an extra glass or 2 of water, someone told me to drink 1/2 my weight in oz of water, I know that is not possible for everyone, but I was increasing mine for a while when I was losing and I felt a difference. I need to do that again.

OMG how did I miss that? Jenn had a date? How did it go? Inquiring boring married for 15 years minds wanna know… lol J 2 Sizes will go quick! I need to put my incentive pants next to my bed so it’s the last thing I’m looking at before I fall asleep. I've had quite a few dates, not closing any doors right now and trying to enjoy life. I just lost 2 sizes and now I'm stuck, I'll be happy to be an 8 by March, my birthday, which is realistic. Just something to work for for

Suzie, maybe it’s just a little momentary insanity. Hey I just went through it. Try this, every time you think of candy, imagine it chasing you down the street trying to permanently adhere to your behind. That’s what I do! It works… most of the time. :-D Sometimes I say, I don’t care.. stick away!

M4M, wow we are all having some candy issues aren’t we? This time of year, starting with this crazy candy holiday always gets me. Every year (except last because I was too tight to even eat cranberry sauce) I fight the urges and lose. This time I’ll win. Not because (like I said) I’m too tight, but because I have to battle the demons before I can defeat them. The 3 musketeers won the other day but it caught me at my weakest moment. I’m gonna toss em in the back yard and hopefully the birds will carry them off. EVERYONE... STEP AWAY FROM THE CANDY!!!!!:):wub:

Nitey nite everyone!

Ok, I am now convinced my husband must secretly love torturing me, or he wants to keep me fat so no one will look at me. The man I have been married to for 19 years, came home with a 1 lb 10.8 oz bag of REESE'S Peanut Butter PUMPKINS!!! I hear the possessed demon things calling me. I am right now trying to type this and still cover my ears.:(

cindy....cindy....cindy

I hear you on that, I went on a couple dates with someone who loved to eat, and wanted to eat bad stuff all the time and told me i can't let food control my life... Hello, I have let it run my life which is why I was such a fatty

Ok running late, had to restart to post this, my computer was chugging along this morning

nice rainy day here and not sure what i'm going to do

Hey everyone, I posted this on another thread but was so impressed with myself I knew I needed to share it with you

Ladies, This time of year is much harder to lose, so I'm happy I'm maintaining! With Fall comes the following obsticles:

1 Cold weather and heavier foods, such as chili, stews, meat and potato type of meals.

2. Halloween! candy Candy Candy

3. Thanksgiving. Well, that says it all, it is a food and family holiday with days of prep and eating and days of left overs! Most of this food is cooked with oil, butter, heavy cream, cake, cheesecake, pies, icecream.

4. Xmas season - yes this does start the day after thanksgiving and last an entire 6-8 weeks. Cookies, holiday baking, family and friend gatherings, holiday parties, xmas dinners, post xmas left overs and all the cookies and baked goods you received and finally ending at New Year's dinner, and waking up realizing "What the heck did I do to myself????"

All this comes with shorter days and colder temps so the get up and go for a walk or to the gym is not there like it was!

What can we do about this?

1. Alter those meals, make them with low fat, healthy options! It is possible, pay attention to the ingredients you cook with.

2. Buy halloween candy that you don't like, why torture yourself with having your favorites in the house?

3. Prepare as much food as possible, use healthy options, mashed potatoes with low fat sour cream instead of extra butter and 1/2 and 1/2, make your own deserts instead of purching them, low fat cheesecake, it is possible and really good! Keep enough leftovers for yourfamily for a day or 2 and give the rest away, or if you go out, only bring home enough for a meal and no extra. Don't bring home the entire pie!

4. Xmas - Baking - it happens, try to do it in a day or 2 not over weeks. When go to holiday parties or gatherings. Eat something you know is right before you leave so you don't pick at all the bad evil stuff that is all over. Have a work holiday party with dinner options, make the right choices, remember you have the month of getting bad things here and there, you don't have to do it all in a day!

Make sure to park at the far side of the parking lot, walk the dog an extra time around the block. walk around the mall a time or 2 just to walk, you are already there right?

So there is my food for thought of the day. This just came to me, I know so many people who are having candy issues and that is why I don't have peanut m&m's or peanutbutter cups of any kind in the house.

You guys are great, and we can survive this holiday season!

Ok, I am now convinced my husband must secretly love torturing me, or he wants to keep me fat so no one will look at me. The man I have been married to for 19 years, came home with a 1 lb 10.8 oz bag of REESE'S Peanut Butter PUMPKINS!!! I hear the possessed demon things calling me. I am right now trying to type this and still cover my ears.:scared2:

cindy....cindy....cindy

LOL Ok now that i'm really awake that is funny.

... Yes the pb pumpkins are saying... cindy... come to me cindy, I want to take you down!

are you going to let them, or hide them away and kick their butt and show them who is boss.:(

Ok can you all tell pms is here and I am fighting my own deamons today, LOL

we can do it, we made it this far!

Hey there..thank you!..we are all gonna do this together. :(

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I just have a soft spot at… er… certain moments of the month. I can feel that going away so I should be ok for the next 3 weeks! I did gain 2 lbs back since Saturday, but I’m positive it’s just Water. I really haven’t been *that* bad. In fact, it’s almost a victory because normally at this time, it’s like a 5 Lbs gain is a given. I guess I can’t feel too bad. That is how I feel this morning! I only gained .5 since yesterday and it could have easily been more than that. Things like that you just *know* are temporary...never let it get ya down! Great attitude to have :wink2:

OMG how did I miss that? Jenn had a date? How did it go? Inquiring boring married for 15 years minds wanna know… lol J 2 Sizes will go quick! I need to put my incentive pants next to my bed so it’s the last thing I’m looking at before I fall asleep.

M4M, wow we are all having some candy issues aren’t we? This time of year, starting with this crazy candy holiday always gets me. Every year (except last because I was too tight to even eat cranberry sauce) I fight the urges and lose. This time I’ll win. Not because (like I said) I’m too tight, but because I have to battle the demons before I can defeat them. The 3 musketeers won the other day but it caught me at my weakest moment. I’m gonna toss em in the back yard and hopefully the birds will carry them off. Irene...you are gonna give the birds the runs.... :woot: :w00t:

Tracy: I spoke tooooooo soon...It rained almost all freaking day! It ended here early yesterday, but supposed to start again tomorrow but the weekend is gonna be gorgeous! YAY! Hope yours is too!

Ok, I am now convinced my husband must secretly love torturing me, or he wants to keep me fat so no one will look at me. My dh and I love to eat. SO, when I knew I was gonna get back on track we went to our dr and asked for him to start his diet pills again..lol, it helps him and ME at the same time! I think husbands *do* start to worry about the changes in us. It is their insecurities. It'll get better as time goes by. The man I have been married to for 19 years, came home with a 1 lb 10.8 oz bag of REESE'S Peanut Butter PUMPKINS!!! I hear the possessed demon things calling me. I am right now trying to type this and still cover my ears.:thumbup:

cindy....cindy....cindy Cotton works wonders:tongue2:

Can you hear it?! Nope, that is your inner fat girl talking. I have one of those too and she is relentless. If it is irresistable I give her 1 piece and just tell the old hag to shut up!! :scared2: AAARRRGGGGHHHHH:scared2:

Poor Cindy, I hope the little pumpkins survived the night. I never have to worry about my husband doing anything like that, he doesn't know what the inside of a store looks like. I'm the problem. Aint that the truth?! Sometimes I am my own worst enemy. You know what? When you start to buy it or bake it...think about the scale and how it made you feel when you were wishing it was a bigger loss. I buy the stuff, it's all me. Someday I will learn.
I feel your pain, beein stuck at 185 for a month now and it is frustrating, since I watch everything I do.

You know Jenn-this is MY area that I can speak from experience. Your body is at a crossroads. It is going to take ALL you strength, ALL your willpower and ALL of your patience. Stand firm, don't get down yourself (easier said than done). I hate to tell you this but...this could be the point that you are in for the long haul. By now you are probably in a routine RUT. Change things up, exercise differently, eat at different times of the day...that is what I did and it paid off eventually when I broke out of the 180s to the 170s. Argue with you inner fat chick...tell her 'oh no, you are NOT going to win this, I AM'. I know you are gonna make it. GO YOU! RAH RAH RAH!!! :)

Good morning everyone! DH is off for 4 days and I am so glad! :woot: He is taking his diet pills (I asked hs dr to give him some:tt2:, lol but dh was all for it). When he takes that stuff and he is on his off days he spit shines this house. LOL, he has so much energy that I do not have to lift a finger :tt1:. AND he is eating healthy with me :wink5:. It is a win win situation. Gotta love it!

These cool fronts blowing through are killing me. My allergies to this ragweed stuff is horrible. Last night I was watching Biggest Loser (I am sad at who left and I cried, so that didn't help) both nostrils were blocked so I had to breathe thru my mouth and pant like a great dane. Then when I would lay down it would drain into my throat and I felt like I was drowning so I had to sit up a few times. Finally I got up and sprayed some stuff in my nose, took more sinus med AND used some Vicks vapor rub (that is good stuff) and I was finally able to fall asleep. This morning I woke up and my eyes are puffy, can't breathe again and I feel like someone has beat me with a baseball bat. Other than that I am GREAT :ohmy: LOL

Hope you all have a fantastic day! I will be back later. Gotta tell you all something but I can not remember what it is. I will be back later.

Edited by TracyK

I just got back from stalking Jen, lol

Did you learn anything good?

So, I hear what you are saying, and I am fighting my inner fat girl! I have not given up and will not give up, I'm walking and exercising at different times and trying hard to get some extra calories. 35lbs between here and March is only about 6lbs a month, that is 1.25lbs a week. I've been stuck but I can do that, it is realistic. My body is just catching up, I'm going to stay focused and when pretend TOM is gone next week, I'll kick it up or just pray the scale goes down from the bloat.

I feel fat today

Did you learn anything good?

So, I hear what you are saying, and I am fighting my inner fat girl! I have not given up and will not give up, I'm walking and exercising at different times and trying hard to get some extra calories. 35lbs between here and March is only about 6lbs a month, that is 1.25lbs a week. I've been stuck but I can do that, it is realistic. My body is just catching up, I'm going to stay focused and when pretend TOM is gone next week, I'll kick it up or just pray the scale goes down from the bloat.

I feel fat today

Uhmm, of course I learned something! :( I learned it is easier to stalk someone on this board as I originally thought. LOL j/j :)

I *know* you will do great...you are one of my inspirations :scared2:

Uhmm, of course I learned something! :thumbup: I learned it is easier to stalk someone on this board as I originally thought. LOL j/j :lol:

I *know* you will do great...you are one of my inspirations :(

:blink:who me... that is a scary thought all on its own...

love ya

You both scare me.

.:(:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbup: