Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Tchr, that was one of my real eye openers, was being able to wear DH's clothes....I had felt for so long like I was so much bigger than he was. To wear his clothes, and eventually to weigh less than he does were major accomplishments to me.

The other day I grabbed a long sleeve tshirt of his, to go get wood in, and it fit like a dress....I showed him, just to let it sink in that I am no longer bigger than he is. I think he "gets" it more than I do.

We play around and hip bump one another walking through parking lots -- juvenile I know-- used to be I could send him sailing....not so anymore, he has to check himself, or he literally knocks me into cars!!!

And when he drapes his arm over my shoulders or around my waist, and actually hooks his hand on my hip bone, I feel so friggin' successful I cannot explain it!

Today we went to a movie (Zombieland) and the arm between the chairs lifts, so we lift it and kinda snuggle together. The theater was crowded so there was a man, a tall, fair sized man in the chair next to me, and I did not feel crammed in at all. I used to feel so suffocated in a theater seat, I would even leave a seat open sometimes between DH and I so I felt like I had space....

Sometimes those things have to be remembered, to realize how far we have come! I know I did some backsliding, but I have seriously changed my life!

Today I felt proud of it......

Zombieland was not what I expected. Not as bad as I originally thought it would be. Not as good as some who had seen it led me to believe it would be. But I laughed my butt off, and it seemed like it was a really short movie, when in actuality, it was the normal 2 hours, it just went by quickly.

When we left out, our plan was to see Couple's Retreat, but it was sold out----so we decided to try Zombieland. Was so far out there....but hey it passed 2 hours, I ate popcorn and snuggled with my DH, so it was all good!!!

I am off to read some posts while he finishes watching his show on TV.....see y'all tomorrow.

My darling friends, please understand I am excited about it being my smallest adult size in 18 years, but it is still an adult Large. But dangit, it feels good to me!!! I went shopping and realized I can't really wear a misses L in a sweatshirt, because it is too short. The misses XL is too wide. WTH?! I am going to need to buy the men's just to get it long enough. :confused:

I am 6 feet tall and sweatshirts have never ever been a problem :)

As I am losing I do not seem to have a problem

I do think that I will have a length problem with the arms

Please keep me posted as to what you are doing for the length problem

I am wearing some men ones because they are cheaper (really cheaper)

BUt my shirts are woman

Making me think,,,, when I was in my 20s and thin ... I did have problems....OMG...but I will still continue on my healthy journey

Hi everyone! I am busy with cleaning and need to start dinner but I wanted to stop in and say hi.

Great NSVs ladies. I will be there again someday! :confused:

Guess who is coming down with the Flu??????

And I had a Flu shot 2 weeks ago. Guess I got the wrong shot.

Guess who is coming down with the Flu??????

And I had a Flu shot 2 weeks ago. Guess I got the wrong shot.

No Way :confused::scared2::):scared2::thumbup:

:thumbup::angry:start drinking :thumbup::sneaky:jewish penicillin :thumbup::sneaky: chicken Soup

I hope you get better

Laura...

No comments about my comment and

I am Jewish and it works

I stopped on the way home and got a case of diet 7up and a case of Ginger Ale. Working on that right now. Got my electric blanket turned on and just cuddled up for now.

I'll try the Soup later, don't feel like eatiing :confused: right now.

I stopped on the way home and got a case of diet 7up and a case of Ginger Ale. Working on that right now. Got my electric blanket turned on and just cuddled up for now.

I'll try the Soup later, don't feel like eatiing :confused: right now.

I have acorn squash soup (fresh) on the burner....yummy :0)

I have to tell someone..yesterday there was a church sale and I went hoping (praying) for yarn.

The priest tells me we just sold all the yarn. But, I went around to the other tables and this woman laughs and says that she has a bag at home...la.la.la...well I convince her that she should use it to make gifts for Xmas. I even gave her ideas and told her to google for free patterns

So I walk out of the church, and happily go home.

NOW>..this is the great part.... today... I see an offer for clothes that I will pass on the my lapband group...the woman gave it away and emails me if I could use comforters...well it is freezing up here and tell her I will pass on what I will not use.

We pick up at her door..that is the agreement of this group...and there are jackets on top...husband had to help me get this big bag into car...where I checkd and saw the comforters...and the bag did have my name on it

Well..I will be passing on the smaller items...but she gave me a fall jacket that I desperately needed.......BUT

In her bag is the most gorgeous crocheted afgan...it is not the regular granny square...I shreaked for joy and emailed her with sincere thanks for all her items.

Could you believe this???? Do you think that it is because of my unselfishness yesterday

The afgan is so gorgeous..I have got to learn to get myself a site to display my work and this gift...it is slightly used but it is GORGEOUS

I am now crying....

gotta go...laura

I am a firm believer in Karma, what goes around comes around....when you do right,eventually it comes back to you. And when I find that really hard to keep believing, I pray it is true!!

Suzie, I am so sorry that you are getting sick. I have been told that if you have the virus in your system when you get the shot it will not help, and that most flus have an incubation period of 2 weeks. That if your body can fight the exposure for 2 weeks, then you are ok, but if you weaken during that time, then you get it. And getting the shot is supposed to be the same as weakening. I hope it is something else, just a fall cold perhaps. Drink lots, and rest. You are ALWAYS covering shifts, let someone else cover yours for a couple of days, and do all you can to minimize it.

I too am tall -- 5'9" and hate that clothes are not made proportionatly for me. Even in big clothes, they got wider, not longer. Now it is the same, my belly was always my issue, and it was horrible! Since my TT, it is not so bad if the shirts are not as long, but----I prefer them to come over the top of my pants!!! LOL

Got the house decorated for Halloween/Fall. Went with scarecrows everywhere, and skipped most of the scary Halloween things, this way it can stay up til Thanksgiving, come down for Christmas to go up. I used to love decorating, and miss having it up, just do not have the time.

But my Granddaughter come in and ask me where my Halloween decorations were....made me feel bad! When she come over next she will be happy! Granny got busy!!

Well, guess I will get busy--I have ribs ready to hit the grill, and have a couple things to do to finish off the rest of dinner.< /strong>

Made the mistake of buying a bag of candy corn......

Still sipping the ginger ale. Tummy has kinda growled a little and I have a hankerin for some turkey and stuffing. I'm just not going to push it. I may get a few crackers out and try them if I feel better.

Candy Corn is no longer allowed in my house. At least not until my Doc appointment next week. I actually have 2 bags but they are put away and I will not get them out till after I see him.

I have 5 totes of Fall and Halloween stuff. My favorite time of the year. I put it all up and than after Halloween, I take that stuff down and put it away and than after Thanksgiving I put all of that stuff away. What little Christmas stuff I have doesn't come out till about 2 weeks before. I hate early decorating. It drives me crazy to have all the Christmas stuff out for too long.

Son just cane home and gets back his laptop

so...good night

Mr. Particular likes the afgan...omg....that is a miracle :confused:

If he says somthing I will give it to him

I am 6 feet tall and sweatshirts have never ever been a problem :)

As I am losing I do not seem to have a problem

I do think that I will have a length problem with the arms

Please keep me posted as to what you are doing for the length problem

I am wearing some men ones because they are cheaper (really cheaper)

BUt my shirts are woman

Making me think,,,, when I was in my 20s and thin ... I did have problems....OMG...but I will still continue on my healthy journey

I am only 5'7". The men's sweatshirts are a perfect length, but the women's is way too short. They are wide and short, dangit, so I bought the men's today. Now, I did find some misses fleece and sweaters at Old Navy today, so I bought them. :confused:

I found some shirts today at Walmart that were longer and narrower, look in the junior dept. They seem fitted more like we are looking for, and most of them go from an XS to an XXL which is like a 17-19. Opposite from misses sizes, numbers wise, but I have found the pants to be longer, and not so long in the crotch to waist measurment, I buy almost all junior sizes in my pants now.

Suzie, I have some strictly Halloween decorations---witches, and skeletons etc. Mostly things DH has bought, he comes in with new Halloween things every year! Personally, I buy scarecrows. I LOVE them! So I have suede feeling placemats that look like fall leaves, and scarecrows all over, that I can leave out, and use through Thanksgiving. They are just fall looking.

Same with Christmas, I have the usual Santa's and such, but 90% of my Christmas decorations are Snowmen! I like them like I do scarecrows!!! I usually put it up the first part of December and leave it til a few days after Christmas, and get my house back to "normal"-----by which time I will be very ready, because from here on out it is one or the other!!!

Getting some of my Christmas shopping done. We made a list of all the kids, grandkids etc. And we have ideas.....we have been buying hoodies for everyone, as we find ones that fit the personality of the person. I am putting them in boxes (I get PERFECT boxes at work) writing their names on the box and stacking them in the corner of the garage.

DH bought each of the kids (families) a set the other day that had carbon monoxide detectors, smoke detectors, fire extiguishers and a kit to teach your kids how to get out in an emergency, in them. They all have smoke detectors---not sure about the other items, but he thought they were great, and he took the initiative to buy for the kids, without me --- so I am loving it!!!

I am off to kick back and watch my Sunday night TV!!

Hey y'all.

Just checking in. I've been in a funk the last couple of days and haven't felt like doing much, including posting. I can't tell if I'm coming down with something and that's the problem or what. Guess I'll find out.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week.

i need advise i hardly eat anything i have 4.5ml in band when i do eat it always feels like it is stuck so then i vomit what should i do

i need advise i hardly eat anything i have 4.5ml in band when i do eat it always feels like it is stuck so then i vomit what should i do

Call your doctor and go in to get an unfill. It sounds like you are too tight.