Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sugar Addiction

Kare, I edited that comment. She's not my "friend" but rather a friendly co-worker. As far as calling her obesity-related names, maybe that is really mean, and I felt guilty for laughing, but at least when I'm laughing I can't be drinking soda! Like Donali said, I'm looking for tools to cope, which is why I started this thread. If I could control Erin, I could control the world. So if LAUGHTER is the best tool for me, then everyone needs to look at the situation I'm faced with and realize that all this kidding around is what works for me.

It all falls back to the "addict." Nobody would take pity on Erin or defend her if she were bringing mirrors with lines of cocaine in my office. Everyone would be slamming her for being a damn junkie trying to bring me down. There's no difference. I'm dealing with a rotten situation, and I have to make choices. I can either throw a huge stink and get her fired for harrassing me, or I can file a law suit against my firm for allowing it to continue. OR I CAN MENTALY THROW APPLES AT HER FAT HEAD.I love my job. I can honestly say that NOBODY has a better job than me. I'm not about to sue the company that treats me like a queen. I adore my office manager and have enormous respect for my extremely generous attorneys. They don't need this. AND my worst fear is that Erin would leave only to be replaced by something even more offensive. Careful what you wish for.

Day three of no soda and my FAT JEANS are baggy already, so the apples are working! TEN POINTS! No more soda-shaking though, that was a one-time therapy exercise that got me through yesterday. Today it's a mental fruit toss.

And Penni, you used to support me againt Erin. You knew even more than eveyone here (and you know how bad she really is for me.) What changed?

Kare is absolutely right. Friends support you, they don't sabotage you, you know that, and if you don't you should. My goodness, why are you making it so hard on yourself. That's right why are you making it so hard on yourself? HMMMMMMM?

Are you afraid of her, is she a superior to you? What's the deal? You tell everyone how much she has attacked you with food and coke and candy and everything else, then you call her friend? I do not get it.

Maybe because I have had enough Erin's in my life, I have learned to recognize the wolf in sheep's clothing, and it's time you did too.

You do not deserve to be treated like that and personally, I want to punch her damn lights out and really tell her off!!!! How dare she hurt someone who is vulnerable and has even admitted so to her. I think you are a fun, caring, very likable young lady who has accomplished so much in her life, but it's sad you don't see it that way. I wish you would.

What she is doing is downright abusive, there is no way around it. Quit being her punching bag.

Congrats on the two coke free days, I know it's hard but you're made of tougher stuff than that.

Cindy

Uh, no thanks to the foot up my butt so I'm drinking watered down ice tea with oh so delicious Splenda (gag, but trying to get used to it.) Only now everything I drink is Lysol Flavored with a splash of pizza aroma. We need to change the rock, paper, scissors game to pizza, Lysol, Paper. Trust me, Pizza beats Lysol, and I already sprayed twice.

By the way, VICTORY! Sort of. Last night was Night 2 of not eating in bed. And I didn't eat cookies! The only sugar I had yesterday was by accident in the Propel (I didn't know it was sugar till too late.) Last night I was starving, so I had a few tablespoons of hubby's mac n' cheese and 2 thin slices of Havarti before bed. Tonight I'm going for NO Snacks. I've made huge progress from this thread. You guys all know that I have't had a good day in months, so if this thread saves even one of us, then it's working.

No soda, no foot up my butt. That's the deal. Game on.

As far as dealing with Erin, it's my fault. I complained about the assistant before her, and the girl isn't here any more. The other girl was super nice but never worked. She was a student that did nothing but homework. I complained, then Erin came. If Erin leaves, I might get stuck with another Shelli, Jean or Elisa (past co-workers that called in sick every day, wouldn't work, etc.) Erin does her job. Does that make sense?

On the outside I smile at her. On the inside I'm growling. It's all business.

Yeah it is tough to find good workers. I used to be of the "just fire them" school of thought until it took us going thru training and firing 5 people in 3 months to finally get a decent customer service rep. Now--just as she's really getting good--her husband is moving her away and we have a new person starting on Monday. It's really so hard to tell how an interviewee is going to do at the job!

But at least no one starts putting lunch smells out until lunchTIME. And I have a little control over the goodies because if there's doughnuts left out front everyone knows I'll leave--and they need me.

And Penni, you used to support me againt Erin. You knew even more than eveyone here (and you know how bad she really is for me.) What changed?

I still think what Erin does to you is wrong. I just think it is sad we are so quick to not see her side of her struggles as well. She shouldn't be offering you food since she knows you have made it clear on more than one occasion how you are struggling. I do support you against Erin and her actions. I just don't like to see anyone called names.

Still behind you girl!!

Lisa...way to go girl! 3 days no soda. Im proud of you..They say after 3 days your body adjusts..you in the homestretch now...Keep it up!

....you could make a poster on a stand in the middle of the doorway "DO NOT FEED the DeLarla".....

Now that's my favorite so far... only I think they probably call her Lisa there.

<....a couple training devices from dog obediance school >

It is all rather Pavlovian, isn't it? Smell pizza... start salivating. Hard to ignore our animal instincts no matter how Enlightened we are.

I was about to go to bed and thought Id catch up with some posts. Well I finished all this thread and I am hanging for a diet coke and pizza. Literally craving it. Its so weird the way it happens, I cant imagine having to smell the stuff all day and not be able to eat it. You are doing really well to come this far, I agree with the Do not feed Lisa sign and a tape recoring on your desk that you push play when she comes in while you put some headphones on and let the recording do the work.

No I do not want any type of junk food. hit repeat!!! Surely she will get the hint talking to a recording. ;)

A recording - yeah, that's PERFECT. It can just be a repeat loop of Lisa saying: No, thank you... no, thank you... no, thank you... Or you could repeat in different lanquages... No, gracias. No, thank you...

Hey, Mary? How do you say "Thank you" in Greek?

:]

DeLarla, you are doing a great job overcoming this coke/cookies/sugar thing. Reading your thread is helping to motivate me. Keep us updated. BTW - Thanks in portuguese is 'obrigada'. Maybe we can get a good list going for you...Celeste

Poor Lisa. I, too, have a coworker who sabotages me big time while we're on the road. At one point, before being banded, I had to request that IF we buy sacks and sacks of candies for our 'customers' while on-site I need them to be locked away or actually GIVEN TO THE CUSTOMER instead of spread out all over OUR work area for my health reasons. I actually have a photo of this wonderful woman (350lbs) swimming in a sea of chips, Cookies, candies, nuts and junk all around HER (not the customers she professes to buy for). This one week alone, I went home having gained 8 lbs and my cholesterol shot up to 309. This was BEFORE my lapband, but was a deciding factor in getting one. My doctor was livid and so was I, but like you, I am a sugar/junk addict. It was there. Each time I walked in that room, my hands automatically went for it, even though it made me ill all over and for days I was miserable. Each trip I take, I know this is the monster I have to face. Some trips are better, some are worse and although I know this woman cares for me, she still continues to say 'it's okay', 'just this once'.. ACKKKKKKK.. Don't they understand this is not for vanity?? In my case, this is life or death.

I like all the suggestions, but yea.. I pity those who can't admit their own demons who would have you spiral downward with them instead of holding your hand on the way UP!!

I'M YELLING AGAIN, BUT IN A GOOD WAY! THANK YOU ALL FOR KEEPING THIS GOING. I'M ON DAY 4.

No food in bed, and a no goodies! I couldn't sleep last night due to hunger, so I got up and ate some cheese, which filled my band and put me to sleep like a baby. Not a wad of it, just about 1/2 ounce.

You need to put up a sign on your door "Danger...feeding the animal inside could be dangerous to your health!"

Where does she come off trying to load you up with that stuff. Maybe she needs to eat to make her feel better but you need not to eat that crap to make you feel better. Just remember that. I'm pulling for you and you tell her "beatch, get out of my face!"

Way to go DeLarla!!!! I too have a co-worker who drives me nuts!! For numerous reasons - but picture being locked in a basement 911 dispatch center with someone you can't stand for over 12 hours 3 times a week!!

He drives me nuts in every way. The only good thing I can say is that he is a good partner as far as work goes - I can't complain - he does his job well and we work well together. BUT - let me tell you 3 years ago when the Adkins really hit it big - he went on it and dropped 80lbs very very quickly - I'm talking in a few months - well he was constantly Adkins this Adkins that - can't do this - can't do that - and I do mean constantly - if it wasn't that then it was about having to change pant sizes - but I'm not talking about mentioning it once a week - he would literally talk about it for HOURS!!!! All day - everyday - and of course everyone who saw him would comment on his weight loss - and then it would be the same thing over again - Adkins this Adkins that - I tell you to this day I can't stand it when I hear the word Adkins - I go into involountary seizures from hearing it.

Theeeeeeeennnnnnnnn - he slowly started gaining weight back, but do you think he shut up then? NOoooooo it was - oh gotta get back on Adkins - gotta get bacon and cheese blah blah blah. And so here it is 3 years later and he's kept the majority of the weight off, although he goes UP and DOWN constantly - but yet he still talks Adkins this - maybe this doesn't seem that bad, but if you knew him and the rest of his annoying antics - it would drive any one insane - I've worked with him for 6 years now. I could start a whole thread on annoying co-workers listing only things he's done - this is just the tip of the iceberg with my co-worker - I've actually had to pray for strength and patience and only within the last few months have I been able to come in with a different attitude because I choose too. And now you are too :P You are not alone in this battle and hey arn't we going on day 5 tomorrow with no sugar?/= YEAAA!!!!!