Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sugar Addiction

Okay, this may be a LITTLE childish, but I'd go into your kitchen at work and shake the Hell out of every can of pop the next time a shipment comes in. :)

Oh I LIKE THAT ONE!! Do it De DO IT!!

Okay Erin is evil, but you are way stronger than that. She may be the excuse you gave yourself, but I think you already made the decision beforehand. Although it might be gratifying it's not really going to do you much good to blame her. You won't beat this until you have a good, stern talk with yourself and make your health a priority. I don't care how busy you are or how much $ you make w/ this new business you going to be MISERABLE if you gain back a bunch of weight. Having money is good-but not as good as being healthy.

You know what you have to do Lisa. Fessing up is the first step. You know we're all here rooting for you--now take the 2nd step...

The last idea may be childish, but it's still funny, OMGRFLAO!!!!

But seriously, I was thinking along similar lines, she does everything she can to sabotage you, and I am convinced she is quite intentional in doing so. I can't stand people like that. She's obviously jealous of your weight loss and instead of trying to lose weight herself, it's easier for her to try to make you fat again.

DON'T LET HER WIN, SHE'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know the old saying, fight fire with fire. Well that's exactly what I'd do. I'd bring in gallons of my beverage of choice and keep it in the fridge at the office and whenever she starts talking to you about wanting a Coke, simply smile and say no thanks, I have to watch my figure, I brought in my own Crystal Light or whatever it is you choose to bring. Then with the sexiest walk I could muster up, I'd slip past her and get my own beverage. She will be less apt to try and undo your good work, if you start throwing her poor habits in her face. There are too many screwed up people on this planet that can't be happy for others because they're not happy with themselves. Don't give her that kind of power. Take the power and do good with it or I'll start calling you SUPER DELARLA and ask you how many bad guys you've put away every single day!!!!!

By the way, what the hell is this woman's job suppose to be that she has so much free time in the morning to cook her evening meal? You know, I'd also put in a request that if they order two palates of coke to keep on hand, what about those of you who don't drink coke, how about a palate of some kind of Water, like fruit 2O. It's only fair, don't ya think.

Sorry to have gotten so carried away, but that's part of my charm, supporting the underdog and fighting the evil ones. Go get her Delarla.

Cindy:rolleyes:

Lisa, I also want to say I know you've been upset about your lack of port and thereby inability to get a fill. It's hard not to say the hell with it under those circumstances. I'm sure it's harder without a fill--but guess what? It IS POSSIBLE. And I know because I've lost 43 pounds now and I do NOT have a fill--not one drop.

Is it hard? Yes. Do I really have to work at it? Yes. But am I doing it? Yes.

The difference between us is that I know that i CAN get a fill if it gets tooo hard. Just knowing that makes a big difference. It gives me hope. I think you need to find a way to give yourself hope.

Even if you opt not to get it--put the money aside for a port. Then work like hell not to need it--but if there is no other way and the option is to go back to your top weight then DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO.

Erin is jealousy, evil and trying to control you......I know you well enough from this board that you are not the type of person who can be easily controlled...so, don't let this bimbo get to you!

THAT'S IT. THAT F-NG C@#45WHORE IS HISTORY.

I am shaking the HELL out of every f@#$#%ING can of soda on those @#$@%$ pallets first thing in the morning. I'm PISSED. I didn't have these #$%@$%@#$% stupid mother-f@#$%@$%@ Coke cravings before @#$%@$%@#$ Erin! How mad am I? !#$%#$%@#$%@#$%@#$%@#$ THAT %@#$%@$% MAD!

Watch out, Erin. Here comes DeLarla. I'm going to bring that girl a Coke every half hour. Here's a cold Coke, Erin. Here's one on ice. Here's a double. Here's one with a friggen cherry, and another with a scoop of FAT ASS vanilla.

She's a nice gal, but the party is over. I will not look like her, no, no, no.

The good news is that I stayed away from Coke all day (first day in months.) Not even a sip. Bad news is I'm flying to the moon after OD-ing on Diet Pepsi (to stop Coke cravings.)

Tomorrow I'm back to my Diet Arizona Green Tea. Better get the F outta my way, too. I sure hope I can be this mad in the morning. I can't WAIT to shake the F out of those cans! Oh, this is going to be more fun than I imagined. I owe you all a Coke (ducking from those flying shoes.) HA!

Damn, I feel like a mad woman. I've lost my last marble - all over some friggen soda? Mmmm, soda. NO. Yes, soda. No, DeLarla. Shut up, Lisa. Bitch. Slut. Fat Ass. Moron. C-word. STOP THE INSANITY.

Now where did I put my crack dealer's phone number?

You are soooo not going to let that girl win. You are way too smart and too strong for that.

My tip is to go buy a couple of sugar free Davinci syrups and mix a bit of that in your Water. You'll get all flavor with none of the guilt, sugar, caffine, or carbonation.

Even though I drink bottled Water all day long, I drink most of it with a little splash of something in it. I just get bored with water all the time.

Coke is known for having no "flavor memory" on the palate. That means you won't get sick of drinking it like you'd get sick of eating chocolate after so many. You can literally drink Coke all day long and not get tired of it. That's why it's so addictive.

Always classic.gif

Hunzi

Coca-cola shareholder

Okay, it's 10:05 p.m. I did not drink Coke. I did eat Cookies, but I did not eat in bed. There, I said it. My 2nd latest weirdo habit is eating in bed. Not tonight though. Good night. I'll see you in the morning looking like Hanibal Lechter (sp?) I didn't even begin to tell you about Erin's stupid candy Corn. I don't even like the stuff, so it's easy to say NO. But that wasn't good enough for her, so she starts chanting, "it's cho-co-lattteeee." I chant back, "it's little pieces of candle waxxxxx." Then she sends me a list of ingredients to prove there's no wax and highlights and underlines the chocolate part.

One day I'll get fired over her, so I better make it good. I'm not going to be able to sleep because I'm so excited about shaking all the Cokes. And the funnest part is that I have 100% support from my attorney! He's supported me through my entire Band journey, and he's warned me to be careful around Erin. He's really skinny, and it blows his mind that she's not 600 pounds the way she eats all day. I've never seen a man eat like her.

I have a feeling that Erin's husband doesn't let her eat at home - or he really tries watching her weight. I swear, she has two French bread pizzas with a box of crackers and a tub of cream cheese and spinach dip on her desk at 8:00 a.m. Then she's first to lunch at 11:30 for anything Supersized, then makes Snacks in the toaster oven in the afternoon (snacks like a football party spread.) So I wonder if she eats all day then pretends she doesn't eat when her husband is around.

Either way, she's sick, sick, sick. She makes me insane with the food.

My lovely DeLarla - I too loved soda - long before I got my band my boyfriend was constantly bitching about me getting one soda everyday - we would fight about it constantly because he gave up soda and would brag about how he only drinks Water now and blah blah blah blah freakidy blah blah! It used to piss me off like no other. "we need to get healthy yada yada yada" every single freakin day I had to hear it from him when I NEVER agreed to give up pop in the first place ever! More kudos to him for doing it for himself but why the hell was he riding my ass everyday!! I just craved that sweet liquid and the bubbles tingling down my throat - yumm! BUT, I too had to give it up cold turkey after surgery. At first it was ok, but then it got worse, and eventually I was ok. Now I must confess that I do have 1 or 2 a month - I grant it as my splooge when I'm angry, upset, sad - I know its not good, but I've given up every damn other thing including cutting back smoking to only 1 pack a week! But I'm sooo worried about stretchin my pouch that I keep the soda to only 1 or 2 a month and that's wonderful considering I'd drink a 32oz from QT everyday before banding! and if I splooge - forget the diet crap. I do have to say that soda is my weakness before junk food - and when I do splooge it's always at work and never around my boyfriend so I don't have to hear it from him. Anyway just wanted to share my additction - as you see you are not alone and F*CK that bit*ch Erin - Karma baby - just remember Karma - she's going to die very young and sadly and you will live long after. YOU MUST shake THOSE CANS!! AND I DO MEAN SODA CANS!!!!!! I wish I were there to help you!! Every break we had I'd be in there shakin with ya - please let us know-------I want a mental pic of big fatty mcpatty Erin drenched in her Coke!!!

Throw all sodas out in the garage - if your bike ever leaks oil (new ones don't) you can use that diet coke, pepsi, etc to clean the oil off of the cement and then stop and think what it is doing to your insides.

I was a diet coke addict for years. The first time I stopped I couldn't even leave my office door open at noon because I could hear other people opening pop cans (seriously). One of the things I noticed that time was that my cellulite went away much faster. I know some in the herbal world believe that carbonation contributes to cellulite and I don't think that's true but I did find that eliminating it helped reduce the cellulite quicker.

I will always drink a diet coke a day when I'm out of the country. I am not careless but I've seldom gotten sick and I don't usually travel in the tourist type places. Even my current dr and my surgeon agree that diet coke will help kill those nasty international germs. And you want to put that into your body on a daily basis.

Okay, I'll stop for now but the message is clear - soda pop is crap. Good luck beating the demon.

BTW - White snow is now completely covering the ground here and it looks like a fricking Christmas card - s#### in October. Celeste

No doubt about it, sugar is evil!!! I was losing weight at a pretty good pace, following the bandster rules, then I came down with a cold a few months back. The first thing I did was stop at the store and buy a gallon of orange juice and a box of bon bons. Well, that surely did me in and even to this day I'm struggling with sugar cravings. When I think of my post op days prior to the OJ incident, I did not crave sugar, and now not only do I think about food constantly, but I am craving carbs like crazy! Right now I have a bit too tight of a fill and I'm waiting for my doctor to get back in town to take some out, so I'm just drinking Protein and maybe eating a little food (salmon or tuna) late in the evening when my band opens up. I know I can't live with my band this tight, but I am grateful that it is forcing me to give up my carb/sugar addiction. I even PB'd on icecream. Who knew that was possible?

My advice to you is to stay strong. You obviously want to get the sugar demons out of your life, so that is a start. And starting back with the Diet Pepsi is a great proactive step. Regarding your coworker, well as my husband would say, "take her outside and slap her around". I guess you'd have to know my husband to get the humor in that, especially with his Spanish accent trying to inpersonate an Italian mobster. She is 300 lbs for a reason. Do you want to become like her? Of course you don't, so as was suggested before, when you're drinking Coke or doing any of the other "Erin" behaviors see that soon enough you will have completely transformed into Erin. Stay busy, stay strong, and keep us updated as to the evil actions of Erin.

Damn, damn, damn. I made it through one day without drinking any sugar at all! Then today I stocked up on Propel and stupid Splenda drinks (hate it, gag, puke barf.) Then I choked down my Splenda coffee, gross. But I'm determined to kick the sugar... so I'm half way done with my Propel, thinking, "hmm, this stuff is yummy." Then I look at the stupid label and it's loaded with sugar, too! Now I've polluted my temple once again. I don't need a clock or watches because I can tell you within 15 minutes of the time based on my sugar craving. I start itching and Jones'n at 11:45, then again at 2:45, etc. So now that I've had sugar, I'll need more around noon.

Propel isn't a good choice for me because of my severe addiction. Damn, gotta start from Square One.

I did NOT eat in bed last night. That's huge for me... HUGE.

PLEASE KEEP KICKING MY ASS. The holding lovey dovey stuff doesn't work for me, I need tough-hard-as-nails love. He'll, throw shoes at me if ya gotta.

Thanks everyone - you guys got me through a rough time last night so I'm leaning on you. This is a funny thread, but damn serious. I got busted shaking sodas in the fridge this morning, but it's my "anti-soda" co-worker who LOVED the idea.

And I can't throw them away. My firm buys an entire pallet of sodas every month. They are stacked up by the case, stacked in the fridge - everywhere. Diet, regular, Coke, Pepsi, 7-Up. It may as well be pills, crack, meth, cocaine, pot. Same diff.

P.S. STUPID 7-11 doesn't carry any diet ice tea. I gotta make my own tomorrow. I'm giving up sugar. I have to. I'm looking great for a 43 yr old 250-ish broad... but just once... just once... I want to be drop-dead HOT. I want to put on a slinky skirt and some friggen hooker lookin' cha-cha heels and be a six foot tall frigggen Amazon beauty just once. I can't do it without you guys, either. SMOOCHES from my sugar free lips :)

DaLarla, I hate to threaten you but if you don't overcome this sugar addiction you may be forced to come to North Dakota and live through a winter. Oh, that's right, our roads are closed today because of the blizzard. You get a reprive for today but you are an inspiration to too many of us so we can't let you slack off.

So didja shake up the cokes?? I thought I'd chime in and share that I really like the new Coke One. It's alot better than Diet Coke, tastes more like the original to me, and I prefer Coke to Pepsi, so I like it better than diet Pepsi.

I went to a party one time and all they had was regular soda. I figured I'd have one and before I knew it I'd had 4, so I left the party and went and bought Water and flavored water so I wouldn't have anymore. I just sucked them down, I don't even drink diet soda that fast, I don't know what it is, but regular soda makes me want more regular soda.

I remember you mentioning Erin when you still had your open wound, and then I didn't hear anything about her for a long time, so I was hoping that she'd learned to leave you alone, but I guess no such luck. You are probably right though, she probably goes home and has a small dinner salad and wonders aloud 'why she isn't losing any weight' or something. Or maybe they both have eatfests at home together or something, who knows.

::shakey shakey::