Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months post op

Hey Girls,

I wanted to give you all an update on how I am doing. I am now at 185.6 pounds. That is a total of 41 pounds lost. I measured myself too and have lost some good inches. Don't really want to share the measurements! :) I am now in a size 18. I started in a size 22. This was the best decision I have ever made for myself. I am so happy with the results. You girls that were just banded will do great. This band is my best friend! lol I love it and will never get rid of it unless I absolutely have too! lol

Angie

Angie,

That is so great to hear!! I am not banded yet, but will be soon! You are a true inspiration! I have been reading posts on this forum for a couple months now. I enjoy hearing from those of you who love your band and feel it was a very positive move in your life.

Way to go on your weight loss!!

Thanks to all of you that have posted! I truely love this band and wont seperate from it! :) It is a part of me now and I have loved every minute of it.

Angie you are doing great girl...keep up that good work. I know it's work but I am like you my band is my best friend and it's not going anywhere with out me. I am so glad we will get to see you next week when we have our little lunch with Paula. You are doing great....you can inspire so many people!!!!

Awesome progress! I can't wait to get mine!

Congrats Angie, you are doing just great! I hope I'm half as succeful as you. The self impossed pre diet isn't going well. Even though I'm keeping my total calorie intake low....I'm not loosing weight. I actually kinda worried that after surgery it won't be any different. Yesterday I ate 900 calories. The day before only 800. Today was closer to 1000. Monday was in the 900 range.

I've also decided, I don't like strawberry/bannana Jello.....YUCK. The protien powder I've chose to use is pro performance 100% whey protien...when mixed with carb countdown milk it is 210 calories and 29g protien. Can mix with Water as well (thats what I'm doing now actually for less calories and its 120 calories/ 21g protien. So far I've tried the banana creme/ french vanilla/ chocolate carmel.

If you are still on liquids anyone...campbells has some great Soups in boxes....portabella mustroom (very very good) and summer squash Soup (also good).

Melissa

Cool Melissa! I hope Dr. Bauman and his crew are taking good care of you. They did me and I am very happy with everything. Have you seen the nutritionist yet? She is really good too. I go to them on the 13th I believe? Not sure. They do call and remind you.

So why are you doing a self pre-op diet? Dr Bauman lets you eat until the night before surgery. I did fine. I had my last supper at around 8pm that night and then didn't eat anymore until two weeks later! lol You are going to do great. If you follow the nutritionists guidelines you will do wonderful. It is hard. I did cheat last night and have a piece of pizza. I felt guilty but I know I can't be strong all the time and temptation will get me. :)

Three more days and you are in Bandland! I am excited for you. When you are out if you have any questions at all let me know. And Dr. Bauman will let you stay a night and that was all I needed was a night and then I went home. The ride home was rough but I made it. It took an hour and I had to stop several times to walk and pass gas. ;) hehe

OK I am off of here. Gotta get ready for my lunch date! :)

Angie

WOW MELISSA your days are numbered!!! You must be so excited! I'm so happy for you! You will love your band! I love mine and we are still getting to know each other! So far we are getting along GREAT! It hasn't had any temper tantrums!

Just remember to walk!! I didn't walk tons just paced back in forth in the house but kept moving as often as I could. Pain is really nothing to worry about cause it's really not there!

WOW MELISSA your days are numbered!!! You must be so excited! I'm so happy for you! You will love your band! I love mine and we are still getting to know each other! So far we are getting along GREAT! It hasn't had any temper tantrums!

Just remember to walk!! I didn't walk tons just paced back in forth in the house but kept moving as often as I could. Pain is really nothing to worry about cause it's really not there!