Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upset at my own weakness...

After months of complications (leaking port and then a flipped port) I finally had restriction. I was losing weight, eating well and enjoying my band. After 2 months I decided I needed a fill and scheduled an appointment with my doctor since I was eating more than I should. My doctor gave me a small fill (.2) and it felt like he actually removed Fluid. I have been eating like crazy (I am an admitted stress eater and I am traveling to Chicago every other week (sometimes weekly) to train someone else to take my job due to the company deciding to relocate our office and will be out of a job in November). I have GAINED 10 pounds in 1 week! I have been making bad choices and eating way more than I should (not forcing food down). I have called my doctors office for help.

I totally understand that I will get some bashing responses but some encouragement would be nice.

No bashing here. It sounds like you may have another problem on your hands. Do you think he hit the tube? Do you feel any restriction? I had a fill go missing once, I swear they missed the port completely. But the doctor said something about some fill could have been lost when they withdrew the needle.

Sorry about your job, it sounds like a very stressful situation. I am a stress eater as well, and it shows in my slow weight loss. But the fact is that my weight is down, I weigh less than before. The scale goes up and down, but it is moving downward.

Go to your doctor and find out why you lost restriction. When you get it back you will feel better.

Amy:

Not sure about band leaks, but wanted to share my job loss/weight loss issues with you. I was working for a place for 15 years and we were acquired. They let us know in November 2008 that we would all be losing our jobs because they were closing our facility. There were once 65 of us there. Long story, short, I was let go on April 24, 2009. Since then I've gained almost ten pounds. I had a Tummy Tuck during which she took 4 pounds off, so actually I guess I've gained 14 pounds. I know how stressful this can be. I get tighter when I'm under alot of stress and eat the wrong things. I hope to be back to work soon so that I can get back to my old routine.

The best part about being banded is that I am confident that once I am on a routine schedule (with a job) I will be able to lose the 10 - 14 pounds in about 3 or 4 weeks. Then I'll be on track again.

I wish you well with your band and your new job search.

Take care.

Sue

Thank you both. Last Friday I called my doctor's office and begged them to fit me in. They will be calling me back tomorrow to let me know if they are able to fit me in before I fly back to Chicago.