Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on the 4th...still in a lot of pain

Hey everyone...I was banded last Friday....was a little unsure that morning whether I should go through with it....and now I am REALLY second guessing myself. I am sooo miserable. I havent been able to get a lot of fluids down. The dr did find a hernia that he repaired as well, so I have 2 incisions but Im just hurting SO bad. I have a lot of pain in my shoulder too...gas? And also, I keep waking up with a horrible headache. the only meds I got is something for nausea, which I took last night and then a nasal spray Stadol...which I dont think really helps with the pain.....just makes me SUPER sleepy.

any thoughts??

Sorry to hear that you are so uncomfortable. It does get better. The pain in your shoulder is very likely gas pain. I had tons of that. I found that Gas-X strips helped a lot. I had a lot of trouble getting fluids down because it would all make me gassy. Dehydration can cause headaches, so that is a possibility for what you have been experience. Hang in there. I had my band on the 28th and am able to drink sufficient amounts of Fluid finally. The only pain I have now is at my port site, which is not surprising. Good luck.

nicole

Edited by nicnac
spelling error

Hang in there! It truly does get better. I was like you. I was so miserable I really regretted having the band put in and thought why in the world did I do this?? Fortunately, it DOES get better and you just have to keep telling yourself that.

I posted on here because I was in pain and others told me to hang in there and encouraged me. I am so thankful for that because they were right!

The gas pain was AWFUL. I was taking Gas X then my dr. recommended Mylanta and neither really made much difference to me. The only thing I found that helped me was walking...walking...and then some more walking. It didn't feel good while I was walking but I kept doing it and sure enough the gas pains started to dissipate.

I too would wake up with headaches in the morning that just wouldn't go away. You've got to drink the Water. Little sips all the time.

Don't give up. Try to focus on the positive. This will get better. I was banded on the 26th and it is so much better now than it was.

:thumbup:

I too was banded on Friday (9-4)..and talk about pains...

my allergies have my sinuses draining non-stop, so I am constantly coughing stuff up. My ribs and chest hurt so bad...

and I am the lucky recipient of "5" incisions! Not sure why, but can not wait to ask the Dr on Tues!

Is the pain in the left shoulder gas still...I have been doing chewable gas-x, but feel it has not done much...

sucking on fruit-sicles and drinking 8oz of juice 3 times a day and Water the rest. Does that sound about right?

Tomorrow I am to start the 8oz Protein shakes 3 times a day..not sure if I can do that much yet!

It does get better......

I was banded on 8/11 and went through the same things you describe. However, you are probably experiencing more discomfort due to the additional hernia repair.

I had a hernia repair 2 years ago and remember that as being the worst pain I've ever experienced.

The headaches are probably due to lack of Water. Try taking a few small sips every 15 minutes and if at all possible try walking around as much as you can - it really will help.

Hang in there... it will get better and then you'll be thrilled that the worst is behind you.

Thanks everyone! I am feeling a LOT better now...tho still weak and I feel hungry all the time. I started full liquids today though but unfortunately wasn't really prepared so I need to go to the store I guess. I reallllly cant wait til next week when I get some real FOOD!!! LOL