Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We Have a chance to meet a fellow LBT

Paula and family might might might be going back to LA this weekend :)

BUT! They might be here another week. So hold everything until we know for sure and I'll post as soon as I know what's up.

It's very funny, she acts like she can do whatever, anything, anytime but, really...she's so out of her element right now I don't think she even realizes how out of whack things are. And she won't until she looks back. hehe...she's so sweet, ya'll. I really really hope she stays long enough to have lunch with us. Fingers crossed for Monday!!!

Did Paula and family suffer any damage, or do they know yet? Please let her know we're praying for them!

I'd like to meet her, but very well understand if they get to go back home.

Karen...here's what she told me. Their house has roof/shingle damage (big surprise) and a tree fell into the roof so there is now a leak. The roof needs repair badly, but the home is definately fine structurally. They rode out the hurricane in a shelter (with friends in a large hangar, I think) and went back to the house to survey damage. They stayed one night with no Water, no electricity, emptied the fridge and freezer of food, packed up important papers and pics, left the rest and hit the road.

The bad thing about going back now is no water/electricity. Paula's parents live near and they have their electricity back, so they are wondering if they can go. If the Parrish has no service (trash, power, Water, schools, government offices, post office delivery, etc etc) then if they return, they may be fine but hubby doesn't have a job to go back to, and the kids can't go to school. They have all that here for now.

So it's a wait and see. They have a home, it just isn't up and running around there just yet. Man, can you imagine? Wow.

I can't begin to imagine, but sounds like it could have been much worse. I don't know what I would do if faced with the same. I'm sure her husband would want to find another job, and the kids need to be in school; but I don't know if I could stay away from my home.

How long have they been here?

They are going home to Louisiana today. :)

They have been here 2 weeks and her parents (in the same town in LA) checked their house and said that the power was on. Newspaper delivery is resuming...things are starting to get back to normal now. I hate I missed her and we missed having lunch together. The good news is, her Inlaws are here and she will be back to visit at some point. I'll bet we can grab her next time.

Poor Paula. It's hitting her, how much she and the rest of the family want to go home. They are fortunate that her hubby could temporarily transfer (he's a mail carrier and grew up in Charlotte) and simply moved mail delivery jobs. But now he has work to go back to. But they have been able to stay afloat.

So keep Paula and family in your prayers as they drive 16 hours back to LA this evening. I'm sure we will hear from her soon. I'll also post an update on Dylansmom's thread.

She said to tell you all hello and "I'm sorry" but she knows you understand and feels blessed by her LBT family. awwwww!

Drive safely Paula!!!! We'll be praying for you!

Wow, I will miss her too! I don't even know her but will miss that I didn't get to meet her. Good Luck on your drive Paula! Prayers are being said for you and your family. Keep your head high and know that you are loved by this LBT family!!!

Angie

Hello Ladies - I'm a little late reading this thread. Count me out this one and have a great time. Give Paula & family my blessings and a safe journey back to LA. Will see everyone in Nov. Take care. Chao