Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, I was banded 08/31 and so far so good. Getting the Protein Shakes down but having a hard time getting 64oz of Water down. Had a few small minor bouts with nausea but was able to fight it. So far I feel pretty good but tired and little off. I just feel kind of weird hard to describe....anyone else feeling strange? Gas is still around and have not pooped yet!

Hi there....

I was banded on the 31st as well. I spent one night in the hospital, and I did pretty well that day and night except for the no-liquids rule. I thought I was going to die with only 2 ounces of ice chips or Water every four hours. The next morning I loved that 2 ounces of Protein shake, and I have been doing pretty well since then. I went back to work today for the second half of the day. I have added Soups and pudding to my diet, and it seems to be helping. I can't wait to try applesauce tonight. I didn't have any luck going to the bathroom, so I took 1 teaspoon of MOM yesterday morning and finally went. It is hard to make that happen with no Fiber or much going on down there. We can do this, just hang in there!:sneaky:

Hi Guys,

I am also Aug 31st bandster.Things have been going pretty smooth so far.Been drinking a lot of liquids.Added V8,soups and protien drinks to my list.Walking is def helping and keeps thing move smoothly.Could not get a good night of sleep since I am use to sleeping on my side and due to surgery I could not.Now fifth day and it seems all th pain has slowed down .Keep posting your detials of recovery.

:sneaky:

I was banded by Dr. Benavides at Tropy Club on Aug. 31st. I have had relatively little pain. I slept for the first two days, probably a result from the liquid Hydrocodone. I went back to work Thursday......everyone noticed the 17 lbs. that I have already lost. I am currently able to eat low fat yogurt (Yoplait, yum), 1/2 an Atkins shake at a time, sugar free popsicles, and various Soups. I even tried a couple of mushy veggies in the soup......I haven't had any negative consequences. Hopefully, it's not causing any internal issues. I wish you all luck! I'm happy with the results and it hasn't even been a complete week.:sneaky:

Wow you all are doing great! My Dr does not want me adding any mushy foods til after my post op on 09/09! Still solely on Protein shakes and Water. Only a few more days right? I can have broths but have not really been into them thus far.

Yahoo finally pooped and that is making things feel better too, still gassy! Today I got right up out of bed and showered and am getting my day started, may even venture out today! (have been inside due to the air quality with the fires here in CA)

I have been doing all soughts of soups.Egg drop,hot and sour,chicken corn,lentil.I just use grider to make it all liquid.Little salt and pepper and it goes down pretty smooth.I use whey protien shake, Add one scope to 8oz skim milk and add a banana.That really fills you up.Dont feel hunrgy all day .Sip Water all day helps as well.Dont feel as much tired like I did last week.I have to see my Dr this coming wednesday to start mushys.Does anyone still have pain where the port is.I cannot get good nite sleep since I have to sleep on my back.I am so use to sleeping on sides.

Banded on the 31st, still got gaspain in sholder. I was told to do liquid diet for 2 weeks. Are others on a different diet I have the realize band.

Hi All,

Can you all give an update.It is 90days post op.I have lost 25lbs so far.Still have yet to get my first tighting.Just have not been up to it.Been struglling with hunger.Has anyone had food stuck,Usually early in the monring.It never happened to me,but lately been having it frequently.Can you all post you progress.

:confused: