Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overfilled? Help!!!

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to only be overfilled by a little bit.....I got my fill about 3 weeks ago and haven't been able to eat solid foods for 2 of them, I keep sliming and throwing them up. Even Protein shakes/yogurt won't go down. I emailed my surgeon's office to ask them and got a semi-scathing reply that it was obviously something i was doing - not chewing well, taking too big bites etc. I figured they were right but i just can't get back on solids without throwing up. I figured I needed to go completely back on liquids for a couple days just to be sure but I just had to go throw up my Protein Shake. I'm afraid I'm going to get a slip if this keeps up but now I'm afraid to email my surgeon's office again. Anyone have any advice???? I have an appt with my surgeon on Thursday the 10th, should I just wait until then?

Good lord your surgeon is a jerk or at least whoever answers the emails is, I would call them and explain the situation, if you are not keeping anything down something is wrong...

You sound like you need an unfill...today! Don't wait until after the holiday weekend to have it done. You may very likely end up in the E/R if you wait. If you have tried the small bites, chewing well, taking a minute or two between bites and even soft foods like yogurt and pudding aren't staying down - you need help.

BE ASSERTIVE and say you need an unfill. A slight unfill may do you a world of good, you don't have to deflate the whole thing. Remember, this is YOUR body, don't let them make you feel like you're being paranoid. It is stressful enough when your band is tight, let alone when you can't get anything down.

Please call them and demand they see you today. I wish you well.

Yes, I had this happen to me yesterday. I went straight to the doctor's office and they put me in front of the people who were already waiting. I lost 5 pounds overnight - doctor unfilled me completely so that I could re-hydrate myself. Don't wait.

Thanks for the help guys. I called the office and the surgeon and his wife/office manager are on VACATION!!!! So, they actually said I was 'out of luck' until my appt on Thursday. So, I've thrown up a Protein Shake and mashed potatoes w/gravy. Gonna be a fun weekend!!!!

Thanks for the help guys. I called the office and the surgeon and his wife/office manager are on VACATION!!!! So, they actually said I was 'out of luck' until my appt on Thursday. So, I've thrown up a Protein shake and mashed potatoes w/gravy. Gonna be a fun weekend!!!!

You need to find a new surgeon right away. There is no reason to put up with that. Or at least call him as soon as he gets back and explain how your were treated. I don't think you can wait until Thursday.

Thanks for the help guys. I called the office and the surgeon and his wife/office manager are on VACATION!!!! So, they actually said I was 'out of luck' until my appt on Thursday. So, I've thrown up a Protein shake and mashed potatoes w/gravy. Gonna be a fun weekend!!!!

This is totally not OK. I would go to the ER then I know sounds like a pain but if youc an't keep anything down not even a Protein Shake you need help now and waiting till next Thursday is not a good idea. Is there another Dr. that works with your surgeon?

Surely there should always be someone in the practice that is available to do unfills in case of emergency. To not have someone is crazy!

The office should have someone on call. Be very careful that you do not become dehydrated are there any surgeons in your area that do the surgery. May be call them. You are not doing anything wrong if you can not keep a Protein Shake down. You can't even chew those. Good luck and keep us posted.