Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for Northern MN Bandsters...

Guest Laura Downing

Guest Laura Downing

:Bunny Hello Minnesota Bandsters-

I am looking for bandsters from Northern Minnesota. I have had

a very good experience so far with no regrets. Cold weather is

coming and outdoor activities will curb soon.

Thanks-

Laura

Hi Laura,

I am closer to the middle of MN right on HWY 71, but familiar with several Northern Mn areas...I am not lookin' forward to our long winters!! Would be wonderful to have some extra support when my cabin fever kicks in! I'm also game to have a out-state Bandster meeting now and again, get to know and support lots of people who are living life Banded...I just don't get down the the Cities anymore.

Endee,

Congrats! Today was your surgery...I hope that it went smoothly and you are feeling as good as to be expected. You will be back at it soon!!! I had Dr Fortier for my Banding on 8/25 in Long Prairie MN. Keep in touch! I am always game to get to know fellow patients of his. So what do you think of him so far?

Linda

Hi:

Yesterday was my surgery and today I am home. I thought soon I will sit down and write how my experience has been so others can read. I like Dr. Fortier--we happened to be leaving the hospital yesterday at the same time and he gave me a hug before we parted! He seems to be on the cautious side, which I think is good. What is your opinion? More later..thanks for the note.........enndee

Enndee,

I like him too, no-nonsense, straight up and right on, but cautious too. I can't handle sappy, nor do I require it, I'd rather be told like it is. I am happy to see you home and here. Rest and Walk and Sip Sip. The first few days are tougher but for me, after day 4-5, I had turned the corner. I did have a surgery complication and he is still shaking his head about it...obviously it's rare and threw him for a loop. I am fine, have a little larger port scar, but oh well. He didn't rush me to leave the hospital either, I spent two days there recovering, hooked up to IV and Oxygen.

I had my first fill a week ago and he was joking and happy...so was I. So far So good! The pounds are coming off...I feel great!

((HUGS))

Linda

Hey Ho Mn Bandsters! I did it too! I'm officially banded! I got home a few hours ago from being banded at Methodist Hospital, St. Louis Park. I'm feeling pretty good! I just got up from a long nap which really helped. I just couldn't really sleep at the hospital- might of been due to them coming in every other hour to poke me-ha. The surgery went real well per the doc-he said I was his easiest and fastest band patient yet.

Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers!

It's nice to finally officially join bandland!

Shan

Yeah Shan! You did it! Now remember to rest, walk and sip sip sip. Don't get in a rush to get moving! Take your time and recoup. No happy dancin' yet!

Linda

Hi Laura,

My name is Renata. I live near Grand Rapids and will be having the Lap-Band surgery on November 1st at Abbott. It's nice to meet someone from up-north. When did you have your surgery done? How are things going for you?

Renata