Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overfilled - not fun

Went in for my third fill on Weds. I had made reasonable progress and lost 5 pounds in the month prior (reasonable according to the doc, not me, I wanted more). He asked me if I wanted a fill, and I said yes, a small one. I felt like I was close to the happy spot, but needed just a little bit more.

The doc was training a new Physician's assistant, so I think we all got distracted. At any rate, he gave me 2 ccs. My brain registered it as .2cc, but the band definitely thought it was a full 2 ccs. About 7:30 last night, I took a drink of Water, and it got stuck. Oh.. bad sign, I was sure of it. From that point on, through the rest of the night, I was throwing up or PBing my own saliva every 15 to 30 minutes. I'm sure this was the longest night of my life.

Got up this morning and headed straight back to the doctor's office (2.5 hours away). I lost 5 pounds overnight. He unfilled me completely and told me to re-hydrate. I go back next week to start all over. ugh

Next time, I will pay more attention - do NOT get 2 ccs if you think you are close to the sweet spot.

Yikes! Thanks for your post. I go back on Wednesday for fill #3. I think i'm close to my sweet spot but want just a bit more. I'm going to take what you said with me and pay very close attention! Thanks Ibndoc!!!

Banded 6/1. My last (third fill) was to 7ccs. I can definitely feel for you being overfilled. I'm borderline close. Although I think this is the first fill where I've had any "real" restriction. And I'm really at the spot that I was told I should be on the amount of food and length of time to eat. 3/4 to a cup of food and 30 - 45 mins to eat. So my getting stuck has been eating too fast, not small enough bites and not really paying attention to my body when it's giving me signs that I better slow my roll down. I've had an awful lot of food come back up, lots of sliming. I had stopped drinking the Protein drinks but because my calories are down so low and I wasn't really losing, I've added back the Isopure drinks and lost three lbs in just a few days, plus adding the Protein Drinks back helped with my energy level. But I think 7ccs is gonna be my spot for a while, but I do have a friend that she got overfilled her last time and did the same thing...had to be back at the surgeon's office the same day to remove some.

Good luck to you. And, yes, once getting close, best to go in baby steps because I know from my daughter's experience a half cc can make a huge difference.

Trisha