Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else Sick of liquids already?

OMG I can't wait til I can start mushies....I'm sooo tired of liquids already :biggrin:

Yes me also as well as 99 % of the people that have gone through it I would say. I had 10 days of Clear Liquids then banded then 1 day clear liquids and now am doing 2 weeks of liquids. Blended Soups, V8 things like that...I just want some real food :-) But that is part of our sacrifice for a better healthy life...so I would say well worth it we just gotta get through it and soon enough it will be over.:biggrin:

I was worried because my doctors have put me on a low Carb diet prior to surgery, and I was worried this would not be as good as liquids to shrink my liver. The doctor told me yesterday that I will be ok.

Same with post op diet, straight on to mushys from day 1. Its strange how it changes from doctor to doctor.

John, that is good to hear. I felt like I was cheating because I've been eating the vegetables in the Soups I've been eating! I don't eat much. I figure if I'm not feeling any consequences, that I'm doing ok.

momsthecoach2 I agree we just gotta hang in there I guess it gets better with time. John it really is strange how our surgeries are all the same but we all have different instructions. justbeingmeLL I eat the veggies I just use my hand mixer and puree it all together...I feel like I'm wasting it if I strain it and toss the rest lol

omg im tired of Soup i was on soup, salad, and sandwiches for 6 days before surgery, then clear liquids for 2 days before surgery, and then clear liquids for 2 weeks after surgery but to me there is only so much chicken noodle soup broth, Jello, and popsicles a girl can eat so i have moved up to cream of chicken and mushroom Soups that are strained of the chicken and mushrooms. they seem to help fill me up longer on a smaller amount. i cant wait til mushy foods mashed potatoes here i come.

I admire all you guys so much for sticking to your liquid diets. I totally cheated the whole time... Feels like I just lack all self control.

I just registered today. Hello All! I have been on clear liquids since August 29th. Got banded August 31st. I'm calling my Doc tomorrow to make my first post op appt. I hope I can eat something else besides broth and H20. :) I keep telling myself that the food I see will still there after I lose the weight if I still need it. I pray by then I won't. hehe Hang in there everyone! :thumbup:

I get banded on 9/22 and start my low carb diet tomorrow. yikes...I am so ready, but a little scared

Hi aly.smoot I've cheated my self did any thing happen as a result of you cheating? Are you losing like you should?

I was banded on 9/4 which was 4 days ago and I felt totally fine the next day. I jus t felt like I had done a bunch of sit ups. I have been drinking a lot of Water and slim fast shakes and Popsicle. I also have been trying to mix my slim fast with Protein Powder but I hate it. I have been cheating a little and I ate a few saltine crackers and I had some tuna fish mixed with mayo. I didn't have any weird side effects after. Is it ok to move on to mushy foods before my full week of liquids, if I din't have any pain? What is the point of the liquid diet? :thumbup:

I just wanted to check on everyone's progress. I've lost 7 lbs since Aug 31. I have decided to eat mushy things like avacado, lentils in Soup, small noodles, etc. I don't feel much soreness at all and I don't let myself get overly full. For the most part I stick to the recommended diet, but stray a little. I hope everyone is doing well.

Hello All! Been on clear liquids since August 29th. Banded the 31st. I have my Dr.'s appt next tuesday. I hope that I will get the go ahead to move to mushy foods. I am so tempted to move myself along, but am trying to wait. I've lost 14 lbs so far. It's hard!!! :blushing: Feels like I'm losing motivation.... A healthy body is worth it... A healthy body is worth it... A healthy body is worth it... Thanks for sharing everyone!

I was banded on 4/14/09 or somewhere near that....i don't remember....i was in a "liquid diet freaky state". I recall my darling doctor telling me that i must never take my Protein in a liquid state again. chew chew chew. We're not big on the "massive protein" thing over here in Oz, but more into a balanced diet and chewing REAL food. I haven't done liquid diet stuff, Protein slop in almost 5 months now.....and praise be to God.....i haven't needed it. Sick of it? Uh, yeah, that's an understatement. 5 months later, i'm still sick of it !!!! :w00t: (even though it was only pre-diet, it was pure hell).

Hang in there GF.....and this too shall pass (not literally, as that gets very infrequent as the liquid diet goes on and on and on).

The results are soooooooooo worth it !!!!

Hello All! Been on clear liquids since August 29th. Banded the 31st. I have my Dr.'s appt next tuesday. I hope that I will get the go ahead to move to mushy foods. I am so tempted to move myself along, but am trying to wait. I've lost 14 lbs so far. It's hard!!! :w00t: Feels like I'm losing motivation.... A healthy body is worth it... A healthy body is worth it... A healthy body is worth it... Thanks for sharing everyone!

I feel for you! I haven't even been banded yet and I'm feeling worried for the exact same reasons you all are here. . what if I get weak? what if my head wins? I did it before with phentermine, but had to stop because of the weirdo side effects of phentermine. . . goodness here we go, hubbie past a comment last night "who says your even getting the surgery?" :blushing: That put my spirits WAY DOWN. . . you see all, I really hate arguements and fights so hubbie and I make all decisions together including this banding thing. . even though he keeps telling me I should lose weight for my health, he feels that I'm going to die with this band. . . it's taken me 1 1/2 years just to convince the man to come to a seminar. . . I already got approval for financing, he is willing to come to a seminar on the 19th, and now suddenly this. . . I bet he's just using this to get his power and control kicks. . . sorry to ramble on like this but i'm feeling rather down:confused: