Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

I am back. She said it's TMJ-related / stress / pressure... gave me a scrip for muscle relaxers + told me to take Tylenol & see how that helps... I'm not convinced, but... will try it... of course, w/my "chauffeur" duties every day, I will be able to take the relaxers only at night... we'll see. She asked if I was under a lot of stress or extra stress lately and the answer is a resounding "no" -- if anything, this Fall has been the least-stressed in years! No PTA, lots of work so no worries there, we're all healthy, happy... weird. Thanks for the good thoughts!

I love, love, love all the trappings of Christmas, too, but I can't do Christmas music/movies/shows, etc. until *AFTER* Thanksgiving... I feel sorry for T'giving... it gets lost in the shuffle of the "major" holidays... I love that it's about gratitude, and no gifts are involved, just our love for each other... poor Thanksgiving... always getting short shrift... so that's my own little personal rebellion...

Off to have some Soup, take some Tylenol, and try to relax my headache away!

MIchelle, did your kids (or you) ever read Phantom Tollbooth? There is a character in there named Short Shrift! Glad it is not too bad...enjoy the muscle relaxers!!

Judy, I have a question for you!

I am wanting to get a blessing Christening for Carson..

I don't belong to a church, and I don't want a big ceremony, I just want the Christening done.

How would I go about that? Would churches let someone not in the congregation come in to do this?

Good morning!

I slept pretty well last night, the night before was bad. I think too much caffeine. Now though I have a cold that is not bad just driving me crazy!!

Michelle, I am glad that is all it is, I always hold my breath when someone says that they have a bad headache!!

Judy, If I didn't have regulars on Friday morning I would join you for Zumba gold. That is what I need something slower, not only for the lack of physicallity I have, but can never remember steps!!

HI to Laura, Pam, Haydee, Heather, Suzy, and Irishmae!

Off to work!!!

Good morning, Violets...

Busy day today...support group, shed cleaning, leave burning, biking and babysitting.

Laura...re; your questions.. yes, some churches will do baptisms for non-members, but usually there are 1-2 counseling sessions about the meaning of baptism. Because baptism symbolizes the unification of the child with the church universal, it is rarely done privately and is most often done as part of a worship service. It is done privately when there are extreme circumstances, such as the health of the child or parent.

If by blessing and christening you don't mean baptism, but an earlier service performed by churches that baptize later in life, basically the same criteria apply.

If you don't belong to a church, why have Carson baptized, as it is not a "magical rite", but most people understand it as a recognition and proclamation of God's love that already exists.

Ethan is not baptized. Joe and Jen do not go to church so they have never considered it. It makes me sad, but I also know Ethan is loved as much by God baptized or unbaptized.

If you want to pursue this, Bob suggests a main-line church such as Methodist, Presbyterian or United Church of Christ, but know that the baptism would more than likely be during a worship service. However you might be able to find one that is willing to do a private baptism.

(These are all comments from Bob. I wouldn't have had a clue what to tell you!)

And don't forget there is always Rev. Doctor PamELa!!!:thumbup:

Off to start the day...have a great one!!

Heh! I am baptized and I'm a Christian, I just don't go to church, I think I've told ya'll why before. But, I don't want to baptize him into a church, if that makes sense. I believe all these things exist outside of a church. I just know the church is the forum for certain things, like this.

I know I was baptised during a church service, which would be fine.. I just know there's Christening that's a big to-do, where it's scheduled outside of normal hours and lots of people come, that's what I don't want.

I guess I'll call around here and see what I see.

Hi Girls~

Just got home from a great workout and then had coffee and dunked 3 Cookies in! Oh well...I do feel great!

LOL Judy...I only know about Catholic baptisms...and if you are not Catholic then that wont work, (unless you wanted to raise him Catholic...which you dont). I like the idea of a chistening for the child...establishing a relationship w/ God that they can expand on later if they want. While I am Catholic...and moderatley serious about many things Catholic, I am a pro choice lesbian...so I don't think I am the go to girl on this one!:thumbup:

We are driving into Laguna today for my friend Sara's wedding. She is REALLY preggos...but doing the full wedding thang. She was gonna elope in Vegas but her mom wanted her to do the party and all. I can't wait to see her, she worked at my school the last few years. Jenny and Annette are going w/ us too!

Other than that...I am gonna do a bit of Walden, go to bank, run a few errands and chillax!

Have a great day ladies! I miss you girls!

Heh! I am baptized and I'm a Christian, I just don't go to church, I think I've told ya'll why before. But, I don't want to baptize him into a church, if that makes sense. I believe all these things exist outside of a church. I just know the church is the forum for certain things, like this.

I know I was baptised during a church service, which would be fine.. I just know there's Christening that's a big to-do, where it's scheduled outside of normal hours and lots of people come, that's what I don't want.

I guess I'll call around here and see what I see.

I forgot to mention. I was never baptized until our wedding rehearsal evening. My parents were both Christians. My mom was raised Baptist, but both Mom and Dad were deaf and church services just aren't the same when you can't hear and don't know what is being said. My mom loved it later in life when they came out with captioned tv. She got to "listen" to Robert Schuller at the Crystal Cathedral. Not my favorite, but hey, she was happy!!

Good evening, Violets..

Back from Kris and Nathan's. She made dinner for all of us. Joe is there so he can spend the night and go hunting with Nathan tomorrow. Ethan is with us until his mom picks him up after work about 10 p.m.

Support group was very good today. We had 4 lap banders and 4 bypass people. Lots of interesting conversation. Anybody have problems with their band setting off the sensors at the airport?? Bob's did and so did another lady from the group. I didn't think that happened since there is no metal in the band. Interesting.

We got more leaves burned and got the shed mostly cleaned out. Just a few more things to rearrange in there and then we'll be done.

I'm heading to bed soon. Church in the morning and I'm dreading it.

Everyone sleep well.

Michelle.. are you feeling better today??? Hope so!!!

Date night, went to 2012--which I originally didn't want to see, 2012 thing scares me, but.. movie wasn't like the real things speculated IMO. God promised he wouldn't flood the world again, and this ultimately was a big flood.

And the ending was disappointing. Over all though, I liked it.

Then we went to The Melting Pot. Wasn't sure if we would like it-- but we did, it was good and a lot of fun. We had a private booth and after the guy fixed the pot, we got to 'play' with the food. I also had a glass of wine. Just got home, and I'm about to make sopapilla cheesecake for mom's bday cookout tomorrow. Had to come on here to find the recipe.

Hope you're all having a good weekend!!

Good morning, Violets..

St. Antler's day here today. All the hunters are out in the woods hoping to get that trophy buck. Joe and Nathan will be out all day.

It's another beautiful, Fall day here. Usually we have some snow by now. The hunters like that for tracking the deer. No snow predictions for this week.

I got up early today to get ready for church. It should be very interesting as the Pastor and the Board got the letter from the staff. Wonder if anyone will say anything to us about it today.

Off to fix some Breakfast and get scrubbed and ready. Everyone have a great day. Be good to yourselves.

Hey Violets~

Had a wonderful time at the wedding. It was really beautiful...pix on Facebook if you are interested! The food was amazing, the champagne, beer and wine were free and the bride looked great! We danced and had so much fun!!

Laura, is the melting pot a fondue place? I saw your fondue on fb, but wasn't sure. Is it only cheese or what else do they have? Enjoy the sopapilla cheesecake...and tell mom happy birthday from us!

Ok, gonna check walden email real quick but have the whole day to read, watch football and already have dinner in the crocker! AAAAHHHH...i love Sundays!

Hello, late start to moving today!!

I slept so well last night, and then just got up and didn't do anything!!

I hope everyone is fine!!

Hey girlies...

Wow the weekend went by in a flash, huh? Spent it doing the regular things... kids' activities, errands, etc. & so forth. The meds took the edge off my headache, but the pressure is still there... right behind my eyes thru my temples... it's bugging me.

We helped the economy this weekend w/a big washer/dryer purchase... Whirlpool Duet set... it's being delivered tomorrow... It could've come today, but I needed more time to clean out the laundry room -- lol! The kids & I did that tonight (dh is out of town again!) and they think I'm a nut... I took everything off the shelf, dusted, shopvac'd the floor, then mopped... I'm hoping that when the take the old ones out, I can get in there quick & vacuum/mop the "behind" area before they put in the new ones... then I'll have to read the manuals before I do laundry because these are totally new to me... dh asked whose laundry I was going to do my first "practice" load on... lol... he doesn't want his stuff wrecked by my pushing the wrong combo of buttons! I'll probably do sheets/towels, just in case!

Now it's time to take another 1/2 muscle relaxer & hit the hay...

G'night sweeties!