Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Wow sounds like everyone's had an exciting week & weekend!!

Carson is much better now that the toof has broken the skin. Now we wait for the next one hah hah.

Hurricane.. Ida, Ira, Iva? Whatever it is, giving us some bad storms today, and it went from 70's to 50's in 2 hours, glad I keep a coat at work for emergencies!!

Went for coffee with 2 friends I grew up with, we've made a set-in-stone coffee date once a week. We all live in different cities (all within 30m of each other), so we rotate cities. We were only getting together once in a while, but we have such a good time, we've decided every Monday no matter what! I love it, it's me time and we get to reminisce about sneaking out of the house when we were 13 hehehe. One of them has a 1.5 year old boy and they are opening a vintage shop Saturday, so I'm going to take Carson to the grand opening!

So I guess that's it on my end! Ya'll keep on telling stories, I enjoy reading it in my down time heh!

Ok... it's posted on the recipe thread! Again... thanks to whoever was the original chef!

Hi Laura! I was wondering about you w/the weather... hope it's not too bad! coffee w/friends is the BEST! It's so important to get some "me" time (well, "you" time... you know what I mean!).

FINISHED the proof. Ahhhhhhhhh (sigh of relief, not screaming, lol!). Now off to the Fed Ex drop & then I can relax the rest of the day! (If cleaning the kitchen & vacuuming is relaxing... ha ha... for me, it is!)

I've been following DH's conference on Twitter today... it's pretty cool to have the real-time thoughts/insights of the attendees. It's the "Learning 2009" conference, and it's all about how we learn/lifelong learning/technology & learning/teamwork/organizational knowledge, etc... This a.m. was a session w/Capt. Sully Sullenberger (sp?)... the pilot who landed the plane in the Hudson. Yesterday the keynote speaker was Malcolm Gladwell, the author of "Blink," "The Tipping Point," and "Outliers". Looks like really interesting stuff!

Did you read Blink? I did...I enjoyed it while I was reading it, but it was completely forgetable. oh well! YaYa's...now that is my kind of read.

So cause Judy's puter is at the doc...we get no Judy??? WTH??? I don't think I like this one bit!

But she's got her laptop... + Bob has 'puters... don't they have like 5 computers between the two of them?? Maybe she's just busy...

I read "The Tipping Point" but yeah... I don't remember it... But he's got such great insight...

Good afternoon, Violets..

Ok.. so apparently you don't read ALL my posts thoroughly. :tongue2: I had a !@#$% retreat from 8:30 - 1 today. Remember me telling you about that????? I can't begin to tell you how incredibly awful it was. It was the staff of the church plus the pastor plus the facilitator. When the facilitator started out by saying God spoke to him about the retreat and when he was concerned about the timing, God spoke to him again and told him that HE would take care of the timing and that GOD thought the 10:15 break time would be good.... well he lost me. I'm sorry, but I live in the real world and God emails me.

It was the stupidest, waste of time I have ever experienced. I called several board members including the chair and voiced my complaints.Other staff members did too. The staff has been asked to take a 10% pay cut for next year and we are paying this guy $500 for 1-1/2 days a month plus mileage. I am way beyond angry. I even said.... close your ears, Michelle,... the F word when I got home and I NEVER, EVER say that word.

The book he was using to base this retreat on was Parent Effectiveness Training. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and he treated us like children. Only we weren't buying it and we told him exactly how we felt. I think things are going to come to an end soon for the pastor and this "expert". I have a headache and a heartache and I have a rehearsal this evening. Sorry for venting, but the good thing is I didn't eat any of the Breakfast they served. The fruit was frozen and I don't like that and I didn't want to eat any of the Bagels or pumpkin bread or coffee cake they served. I was too stressed out at the end to eat any lunch and besides I had to leave early to relieve Bob so he could go to his meeting. I ate a bowl of my go to cabbage beef Soup and felt soothed.

Bob and I will have to figure out what to have for supper and then I'm out the door once again.

Everyone have a good evening... I'm just going to try to breathe in...........breathe out............breathe in...............breathe out....... !@#$%.... ooops, not working.

AHHHHH JUDY, how could we have forgotten. Your dreaded retreat.... That sucks!!! ARGHGHGHGHGH, I would be so pissed. Money going down the drain... I'm glad the cabbage Soup helped a little... And the part about God speaking to him about the break time, so sorry but crock of sh%t!

Have fun at your rehearsal tonight...

Edited by Haydee

Oh yeah...the retreat! I'd be pissed too! I hate wasting my time like that. God is too busy to worry about timing. I'd be sooo embarrased if I tried to spout that kinda crap. High five on the F bomb! It is liberating sometimes!

I graded 17 (i think) papers, then watched W the movie (about Bush). It was great! I really enjoyed it...and it was nice to completely "unplug"...

Now, I've opened the windows and doors, brushed my teeth and feel ready to tackle the next load of papers!

xoxo

Judy... I *do* remember reading about that, I just forgot it was today. Sorry that it was even more awful than you imagined it could be. What a heartbreaking situation. So sad. Yet you maintain your sense of humor... just one of the reasons I love ya! Keep breathing!!!

I got the Women & Finance textbook job! How exciting! I meet w/the author on Friday... of course it's a *rush* job and she wants it back by the Friday after Thanksgiving! Ack! & I'm hosting DH's family that week! Judy, could you e-mail God for me & let him know I'll need some of His help to make all that work out? Thanks!

It's a lollygagging evening... I'm going to finish reading "The Magicians" as it's due back to the library on Thursday... sip some chai tea... and breathe...

LOL, I agree.. God has a lot more going on than worrying when you guys are going to go on break. What a waste of money.

Finished. Interesting. Not the type of book I usually read. Don't know if I'd recommend it. I think it's one of those that you have to mull on for awhile after you're done. Hmmmmm. (Wonder if that would come up "Hammy" on the spell checker! :tongue_smilie:) (Mammy... Hammy...)

& with that, I bid you all a good night!

Good Evening!!

Slow day at work.

Hang in there Judy!! While you are emailing God for Michelle, can you put in a little word of encouragement for my business?

I think I am going to be blessed by a visiting TOM, and I have an appointment with the female Dr. in the am. Never had this happen, do I reschedule? Gross, I can't go can I? YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well I will wait and see what the am brings

Good morning, Violets..

No Ethan today so it was a perfect chance to sleep in, but my mind was racing thinking of what I wanted to say in a written report to the board about the !@#$ retreat. So I'm up and getting ready to start typing.

We're going to get the garage cleaned up today so they can take the dumpster away.

There's definitely frost on the pumpkins this morning. 25 degrees right now. My knee has been feeling better lately. I'm going to take a bike ride this afternoon so that shouldn't bother it and I'm taking the Tylenol arthritis pills. They seem to be helping too when I can keep them down.

Off to find some breakfast and then get started typing trying not to use any !@#$ words.

Janie.. I'd call and see what they think about the appointment.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Computer comes back today!! No bugs, but a bad section of the hard drive.. but I didn't lose anything.......this time. He said next time I might not be so lucky. That means I need to get a new hard drive before that happens. He said the one I have has had lots of repair issues. Thank you, Dell.

Good Morning!!

Tom didn't show up!

I am so tired. For two days I am using this new machine, and it has an alarm on it. So when my mask shifts, this alarm goes off. When the alarm goes off I wake up and shut the thing off. It happens about every half hour! UGH! I am going to see if I can't unprogram the alarm, or if it is just built in.

Well I am going to drink some coffee and just vege a bit