Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good afternoon, Violets..

A lazy day here today. Church was very good today. Choir sounded wonderful, pastor's message was very meaningful (it was a sub, the dull pastor is on vacation) and I had a nice lunch with Kris and another church couple at a Chinese restaurant. I got the buffet, but I was very careful to eat slowly and only took little bits of several things.

I came home and just finished cleaning the Bobster's bathroom. It sure was a mess!! But it's all spic and span now and I'm just waiting for him to get home in a couple of hours.

I just booked our flight to LA for our cruise in 69 days. Now everything is paid and we have an onboard credit of $180 because of a price reduction. 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riveria.. $609 per person. Can't beat that!!! Well, I guess you could, but I sure think it's a great price for a wonderful vacation. I'll book my flight to Texas after the holidays. We will be going to Florida also this winter and staying with some friends so it will basically be the flight to pay for and Spirit has some awesome deals. Last time we flew for $99 a piece round trip. Just have to keep looking for the deals.

Not much more happening today. I was going to take a nap, and then a walk, but after cleaning the bathroom, it's a little late for a nap now. So I think I'll go up to the "gym" and ride the bike and do the strider up there. At least I'll get some exercise in today.

Hope everyone had a good Halloween and stayed away from the candy!!!

Good morning, Violets..

Looks like the last shall be first again this morning. It's dark and raining out yet again. Ethan is due to arrive in a half hour. The Bobster arrived home safe and sound and unemployed for the first time ever, ever! He has a couple of Sundays to preach this month at a Presbyterian church nearby and has his resume in for an interim there, so we'll see what happens there. But unless that pans out, he will be just an unemployed "bum"! Hardly seems possible after all these years, but I think he's finally ready to relax. This last administrative job was a nice way to end his ministry career. Now I just have to figure out what to do with him home alllllllll the time! First thing is... we call and get a dumpster here for some serious cleaning and pitching.

Nothing on the agenda today except my hospital shift and then Community Chorus tonight. I hope to get some walking at the mall in today.

Off to get dressed and find some Breakfast. Everyone have a great day!!

Good morning girlies~

After a very depressing Sunday missing my parents...I had a great workout this am. Cardio lifts my spirits! The sunrise was beautiful! The moon setting behind our mountain was amazing (Michelle and Haydee know how close I live to this big mountain). Feelin' better!

I'll pop in from work!

oxxoxo

Good morning!

Finally got on here. I sort of remember something like that happening last time change.

I am in serious need of a dumpster.

Am going to lunch with a couple friends today, should be fun.

Off for laundry and such!!

Good morning everyone! What a gorgeous day it is here today. Sun is shining so bright and it's just a little bit cold. I LOVE this time of year.

Saturday was so much fun. After a short wedding in the morning I went over to my mom's to get ready for the halloween party. My sister helped me with my makeup and hair and it turned out pretty scary!

Juan was a hippy and I painted his beard on and it looked great!!

Sunday we got up, went to breakfast at his mom's house and then went on a mini-road trip. We drove north and saw lots of fall foliage and had lunch at a small old fashioned boarding house style restaurant. Fried chicken and all the fixings... We ate lunch, walked around the little town for awhile then started the drive home. It was only 6 when we got home but already dark. Hate this time change. I'll try to post some pics of our costumes...

Judy - Grady looked too cute!!! What did Ethan dress up as??

Laura - goldfish are so yummy! All kids love them...

Pamela - what did you dress up as? show us pics!

Jane - glad you were finally able to get on here... Have fun at lunch today!

Mae - that's so AWESOME that you're almost to goal!!! Cograts!!

I'm gonna try to post some pics of our costumes...

Edited by Haydee

Haydee great pics... use one for your save the date! :)

Hi everyone!

Busy busy busy... it's that time of year in the publishing world!

Love you all!

Good afternoon, Violets..

A boring, lazy day here. It's rained all day, so can't do anything outside. The Bobster had to take his car in to figure out why it has a shimmy in the steering wheel. Then he's off for some coffee and chat with a minister friend. Sooooo I'm here alone with Ethan. He's watching cartoons and we've been reading books. I tried to take a little nap with him, but he wasn't going for it.

Michelle... congrats on the -1#!! I weighed in and gained one. Hopefully the exercise will make a difference this week. I can't go out walking, but will do the glider upstairs as soon as Ethan goes home.

Haydee.. great pics!!! Ethan was a skeleton for Halloween. He didn't make it here so I just have a pic on my cell phone that Joe sent me. He said he had fun.

Boy, sure is quiet in here. Everyone must be busy.

Hello girlies! Yes, very busy today Judy. End of month so I'm swamped at work. And then tonight we are doing carpet shampooing at home. I want everything shampooed and just clean. We've been having a hard time potty training the newest addition to the house. We will take her out for her walks and then we come home and she promptly runs to my room to pee. Yuckola... We have to be extra careful with her and watch her always... We need to keep working with her on that. So for now it's carpet shampooing every few weeks and looks like we might change to hardwood floors in all the bedrooms pretty soon. I was tired of carpet anyways and I love my mom's house that has hardwoods in her bedroom. Much less dust and dander floating everywhere.

So i have a friend. I've had this friend for a loooooong time. Since we were 15. And she's always been wishy washy with me. And I hate that. And I push her out of my life for awhile but then I start to miss her so then I start talking to her again and then she reminds me of why I don't have her in my close circle of friends. Anyone have a friend like that?? I've tried talking to her about it and I've "broken" up with her many times. But then she starts coming around again and asking me to do stuff with her and I start listening to her and then WHAM, all over again. She's been talking about getting together for a few months now. I keep telling her vaguely, yeah soon. Finally today I accepted her offer to meet for dinner. I said, this week my schedule is open. You choose what day and time works best for you. So then she's like, I can't Wed or Thurs because i have class. I'm like, fine whatever day is fine. Then she's like, I can't any day after 730pm because of such and such. I'm like, fine, whatever is fine. Then she's like, this week is so bad for me let's just talk about it next week. ARGH, that just grates my nerves. She acts like I'm the one trying to get her to come out with me! I'm just like, whatever...

I got the approval today to be a foster parent!! Yea!! Now I wait for the call that they want to place a child....

Suzanne, that is WONDERFUL news! I am so happy for you. Some little person is going to be very lucky to get you as a caregiver! Congrats!

Suzy, that is great!!

Haydee, I feel for you with a friend like that!! Those pics were great!! I didn't even recognize Juan! If you wouldn't have said that was him I would be like who is Haydee with?

We had a great time at lunch. It seems so rare these days to get together with friends for anything let alone lunch. We sat at the table for 3 hours just talking!!

Three days of sun in a row!!!

Michelle what makes it busy now? Is it just they want to be done before the holidays?

Hi Judy and Pam!!!

Yes, Janie... publishers try to get as much printed/out the door by 12/31 as possible... so the next 6 weeks are a zoo! But lucrative. Then they take a big breath in Jan/Feb... I'll have too much time on my hands then!

Tomorrow is my "official" start of the holiday season: Starbucks debuts it's holiday red cups + brings back the holiday drinks, gingerbread latte, etc.! I love small joys!

Here's a MAJOR joy: Today we booked our January trip w/the IL's for their 50th anniversary! A week in Mexico! On the beach! Nothing that we'll "have" to do but relax, sip 'ritas, and read! I'll need it after rush season!

Haydee, I couldn't see the the pix from work...I LOVE EM!!! You really look great! We didn't dress on Sat...after wearing the pirate hat on Fri and the full dress up in Sept we were done. I wore all black, new CUTE red shoes and a rainbow feather boa to the street fair! Waaala!

Michelle are you Inlaws looking to adopt a stray?

Sounds like fun.

How come my two days off feel like 2 hours? I even got an extra hour this weekend? I did nothing, nada, zilch!! I know we all need times like those but it happens every weekend! I need to be more productive!!!!!!!