Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Hey Girls~

Michelle, it is a 3D abstract thingy, made of light Iron. I just love the bright reds and blues...and it ties the rooms together nicely! I really LOVE it...makes me smile everytime I look at it!

Laura...good luck today...get that bitch fixed...that acid will cause more probs later! Keep us posted.

Thanksgiving this year will be interesting. I am getting another Lipo job on my chin (a part HE is not happy w/...and it is free) so I will look like shit again w/ a diaper on my face. MIL will be here w/ German food...plus we will go out for Turkey dinner. I am looking forward to 4 days off!

I went back to the gym this am!!! Felt good...but I am still gingerly w/ my back. It is better, but I spent a great deal of time this weekend laying down (reading) to rest it! Felt good to work out though...I missed it!!

Pop in later!

xooxoxo

Good morning lovies! I had a wonderfull weekend but today it's so crappy outside!

Friday night we went out and walked around Market Street and then shared a big sandwich and a cup of Soup and people watched. Ahhh, so nice. Then Saturday I had a wedding and then after the wedding I had my niece's 1st birthday party to go to. She's too cute! It's my cousins baby so I call her my niece.

Sunday we were gonna go on a road trip but decided to stay home and veg and do some cleaning. Then my sister called me around noon and I took off with them down to a pier by the Water. They had a Fall festival and a haunted house. We had lots of fun!

Pam - your table looks awesome and the artwork complements the space so well! I think that it really ties the dining area to the formal living room. Why are you gettin more Lipo done? And for free?? Yay!

Laura - ugh, another issue! That sucks, so sorry. Do you have to drive all the way to see your doc? Is he the one that's far? Yuck...

Jane - that sucks that you're feeling sniffly! Any body aches? Hopefully it's not the flu and you get over it quick. Are you taking any meds for it?

Judy - awww, so nice that you got to see your grandbabies... I saw the Kindle in one of the stores on Friday and I gave Juan a STRONG hint about wanting one for christmas, LOL. I hope I get one! OH and that's awesome that you don't have to worry about Thanksgiving dinner anymore. So much less stress for you.

Michelle - kids are running you ragged! Your dinner sounds YUM! As usual, I was running late this morning so I forgot to put my crock pot on. Looks like it's leftovers for dinner tonight, boo hoo! Wasn't Thanksgiving at your house last year too? I don't remember. We take turns for ours... This year is not our turn! So yippee! Make sure you share any recipes you have. I'm in charge of succotash (sp?), and green bean casserole.

So so nasty here today girls. Took me forever to get to work this morning. Looks like the whole week is gonna be like that...

Edited by Haydee

Good morning!!

I hope you know I was kidding Michelle when I posted what about me? I am seldom serious!! Sometimes I think that is the problem with email, you can't hear the tone behind it.

I am going to lunch with our minister and then going to my moms house tonight. I would love to take a nap today, maybe it will be in the cards????

Off to do some things around here!!

Have a good one!!

I would kill for a liquid diet right now LOL.

I was thinking about liquid diets and how they suck, and I look at my bottles of Water and I made broth last night... I can sip slowly and it builds up and about an hour after anything it finally comes up. I am dying for water.. Eh. Screw food, where's my liquids!!

So glad I called them this morning, ends up he's running behind in surgeries so they're cancelling all non-emergency visits.. so they bumped me out an hour, and said he's having to run between hospital and office so plan to wait. It's finally hit me, I'm getting dehydrated.. weak and light headed and foaming, very dry foam that you could mold lol.

Good news is I've not been hungry in 4 days :wink2:

We do Turkey day at granny's.. she has the smallest house, but it's a tradition. I go to mom's and help her make casseroles, and I normally make some pies from scratch that I find recipes for.

Thinking about Turkey day, and yet all I want right now is water! Hah hah.

We need better pics Pam!!

Hello Everyone, Just a quick drive-by post. I have been offline since I have been moving and didn't have internet over the weekend. I really need to catch up on the last several pages, lol.

I get a fill tomorrow. I am looking forward to it. :0)

Oh my gosh, Laura -- be careful! You're not driving yourself, right?? Ay yai yai!!

I can't believe I started us talking about Thanksgiving! Sorry! Yes, Haydee, last year DH's family came here, as well (you have a good memory). I must throw a good holiday, I guess! I do go all out. The actual TG meal is easy to do... it's all the b'fasts, lunches, & dinners the other days that are tricky! + figuring out where everyone will sleep (6 extra bodies) + activities... gotta love family!

AND... I'm also hosting Christmas dinner here for my whole extended family from the MD/DC/PA areas... but no overnight guests w/that one.. just a lot of folks... maybe 20 or more? Last year my Sis hosted "Chinese Christmas" & had it catered w/yummy Chinese food... so the kids & I are plotting what fun thing to do this year... DS's vote is "Greek Christmas" ... mmm, I could definitely do that! So we'll see... lots of time to plan, right? HA -- NO!! TG & XM will both be here before we know it! & then it'll be 2010 & you know what THAT means... HAYDEE"S WEDDING!! :wink2:

Laura, that sounds no fun!! Like Michelle said I hope you are not driving!!

It sounds funny to talk about holidays, yesterday at CJ Banks the lady said all of our Christmas stock is out! What a scary thought!! Halloween isn't even here?!?

No I feel fine, just running nose and eyes! Look very very pretty!!

I made it through my first 4 am morning at Target -- standing that long though gets to my back. They have me unloading boxes, hanging the clothes and then putting the clothes on the floor. Not too bad -- I work with three other ladies, so we chat the whole time. Had to help put the toys out after we finished our stuff so I got an extra 45 minutes. I stopped at Curves to work out on the way home, then crawled into bed for 3 hours!!

My brother surprised me last night and said that he and his family (and maybe my parents) would come down to visit me for Christmas -- must have been the weekend for holiday discussions!! I will be working at Target the day after Thanksgiving so there's no way to go to Indiana that weekend. And since I'm seasonal, I don't know that I could get time off for Christmas. Anyway, they said that they might come down the weekend before Christmas -- I have ALWAYS gone to my parents and then traveled with them to my brother's house -- no one has EVER offered to come here!! But they know I am broke, so maybe that made the difference.....

Have a good day!!

Edited by suzyt
typo

Oh Suzy, that's great news! It's nice that they are doing that for you. Also, I hope your shifts go by faster since you found those other ladies to talk to. I always find that having friends around makes the time go fast. Anyways, good luck with that and hopefully a full time gig in your area of work turns up quick.

Michelle - You're doing both Thankgiving and Christmas!! WOW, that's awesome! I love love having a full house during the holidays! I would host if I could but there are too many "elders" in my family still, LOL.

Laura - yeah, if my grandma were with us we would all be at her house even though it's the tiniest. It's just something about grandmas house! I'm sorry we keep going on and on about food but it's just on our minds, LOL. And I need the recipe for that casserole your mom made for the BBQ when we went this summer...

Jane - I can't belive a store is out of Christmas stock already. When did they put it out? Easter? LOL. I'm sure you look lovely even with the snot!

Heather - awww, love that pic of Ayla. Hope the moving is going smoothly.

Good evening, Violets..

I had Ethan and Grady here for awhile today. I know why motherhood is for the young!! Ethan doesn't like Grady when he cries and Grady wants all my attention all the time. Tomorrow I have them both for awhile when Kris gets her hair cut. Hope I survive!

Suzy...hope you survive this early morning job!! But I agree with Haydee, the time will go by quicker when you have others to chat with. Glad your relatives will be coming to spend Christmas with you. Our son, DIL and grandkids said they will come up for Christmas this year. We usually go down there, but 6 hours driving one way for us in the winter is a little too much at our age. It's those little things that tell me we're getting OLD..... er.

Laura.. hope you're doing better today or at least have an unfill. Did you ask them to fill it after surgery? I know you wanted to start losing right away, but yikes.. you need time to heal before filling it up.

Heather.. I didn't even notice the new picture of Ayla until Haydee mentioned it. She's a cutie for sure!

Off to rehearsal in a little bit, then some tv, some reading and to bed so I can get up early for Ethan tomorrow morning..

Everyone have a good evening! sleep well.

Oh... day 1 of following the rules accomplished. I don't ever want to see Halloween frosted sugar Cookies again... ever!!

In case I don't remember tomorrow, I will be gone tomorrow after I leave for work. I have work, then go right for a sleep study. I am on this new medicine to sleep better and I don't think it is working.......

Heather Ayla is very cute!!

I get out of doing holidays because I live on the third floor and my mom can't ever do steps. That is not why I moved here though, my mom could do the steps when I moved in. My house is also very small around 850 square feet. Plus I don't have a dining room. Wow I sure have a lot of reasons not to have the holidays!!

All is well with the world again, he took out .5cc, so I am at 1.5cc. I am at a great restriction...aahhhh WATER!!

Haydee, which recipe.. broccoli cheese casserole one?

Love the new pic Heather, I see she's smiling big too :wink2:

I don't mind the talk of food, that's what I was sayin, all I could think about is water!

I have the bestest brother in the world!! I was talking to him last night about the possibility of filing bankruptcy and issues with me owning part of the lake house. He called tonight to offer to buy my 25% share for whatever $$ I needed to pay off my (very old) credit card debt and medical bills. He is awesome!! And I guess now I will have to cut my sister-in-law some slack too since she agreed to let him offer.... No bankruptcy and a clear slate to start working toward saving again!! Have I mentioned that I love my brother?