Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good evening, Violets..

I just finished giving Ethan a Moonlight Path bubble bath. He's now in new jammies and I'm counting the minutes until it's bed time. :lol:

The Bobster and I are playing Bejeweled and watching NCIS. Ethan is sipping on my white cranberry/peach drink. All's well with the world.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well. I nope I do!

Had a butter burger and 3 fries for supper. No ice cream or sweets today. Day 2 just about finished. On to day 3.

Good Eve, my lovelies...

I did it! I got through the day w/eating well! Yay me! B = van/chai pro shake, L = Tomato bisque Soup, 7 low-fat triscuits w/a little cheddar, S = choc vita top, D = van/chai pro shake! Phew! Day 1. If I can do 1, then I can do 2, right??

Am watching Biggest Loser for motivation right now.

I agree, Judy... small goals. My first is -10. I'll just keep taking it 10 at a time 'til I'm where I want to be!!

I'm going to focus on getting my eating back under control this week, and then add exercise next week. I keep telling myself to just not fight it... to just go with the flow... be gentle with myself... surround myself with positive info... and then my mojo will return.

We are all going to look smokin' @ Haydee's wedding!

Sweet dreams!

Judy - What is a butter burger? It sounds like it must be some sort of hamburger -- one of my favorite things!!

I don't start at Target until orientation on Thursday. Luckily that starts at noon. Not sure if I will start the 4 am stuff on Friday or next Monday. Not going to be fun getting up that early, but I figure 15 minutes to get there (8 miles), 15 minutes to get dressed (no make-up) and I should be good.

Got paid from Curves today and she shorted me $20. (she pays me cash) I don't think it was intentional but you would think you would double check something like that -- wouldn't you?! I can't work my Thursday afternoon shift due to the orientation so she may not keep me much longer. She said that since I would probably be getting foster kids she wanted someone more permanent. The lady she is talking about replacing me with is looking for a full-time job (just like me) so I'm not sure that it will be any more permanent. Whatever. I am trying to take each day as it comes. I have used every penny of my savings, 401(k), everything. I went to talk to a bankruptcy attorney this afternoon. It may not be an option because my parents (trying to get around inheritance) have already added my name and my brother's name to the Northern Indiana lake house. Well, it is an asset and has to be included in my assets...... What a mess. My brother borrowed some money against the cottage to start his business several years ago, so the only hope I have is that he hasn't paid much back and the equity is small so my 1/4th is even smaller. Or he may have to buy me out of my share (or loan me that value to contribute to the assets).... sheesh!! I don't like having money conversations with my family..... especially when it is about me.

Ack! Holly tickers? Already? It isn't even Halloween yet! I'm not prepared for holly season... or any of the jolly things that go with it! Ack again, I say!

But yay, Janie, on figuring it out! :lol:

Judy's a copycatter! :laugh:

Wow Suzy, good luck with all that! :smile2:

Hi Haydee, Laura, Pam & Heather! :thumbup:

Crossing my fingers that I can get through Day 2!

Everyone make it a great day!

Good morning, Violets...

Ethan slept with Gramma on the couch last night and it would have been fine if Chippy had not cried every time he wanted to get up there with us. We have no guest room cause it's now a "gym", so I made a bed up on the floor and thought he'd sleep through the night there, but nooooooooooooo. About 2 a.m. he's asking to sleep with Gramma, so I took the cushions off the couch to make it wider and there we slept. When Bob got up at 7:30, I went to bed for an hour and a half. Now we're all up and I need to get Ethan dressed and take him home since his mom is off for the day.

Choir rehearsal tonight and then dinner out with friends.

Yep.. I stole Janie's idea, but I fessed up to it. I'm just going to go for 10#. I need little goals at this point. After being reallly good for 2 days I weighed in this morning and had gained 2#. Not going to let it discourage me. I know it's residual weight from the bad habits I was following. This is day 3 of following the bandster rules. Like Michelle, I'm going to add exercise next week and the week after starts Zumba!!! Can't wait!!

Suzy.. so sorry to hear about all the financial woes. Hope you can sort out everything and that a full time job comes soon. BTW.. a butter burger is from Culvers. It's a hamburger with a very buttery bun. Very yummy. I ony had 3 french fries with the burger and had the burger with Tomato, lettuce and mayo and didn't eat the bun. (the best part!)

Off to take Ethan home and then work on getting the "gym" cleaned out enough so we can work out.

Everyone have a great day!! Be good to yourselves.

Good morning!

Suzy - that sucks to hear about all your financial stress. Where do you live? Would it be feasible for you to move to somewhere where the economy is better? I don't remember what your original job was. Is it something that you could do by telecommuting? Maybe try looking for a job in another city? My sister does marketing for a company that is in Los Angeles.

Judy - ouch Judy! How's your back this morning from sleeping on the couch? My doggies also whine to be let up on the couch when I'm napping there. They are too little to jump up by themselves...

Jane - yay! I'm glad you were able to put up your ticker. What's been going on with you? Ever since you vowed no negativity you stopped sharing altogether! We don't care if you come on here just to bitch about your day, LOL. What's going on with Charlie?

Michelle - yay! way to go on Day 1! You practically did all liquids!

Heather - owww forceps?? Doesn't that hurt the bebe? It hurts just thinking about it...

Laura - I agree, the caps are on just to hide the cone head! ha ha ha... I'm so bad... It's just that it looks so weird! How am I gonna bond with my baby if all I'm thinking about is his strange head shape! LOL...

Pam - heeeelllloooo

Oh Haydee, when it is YOUR baby, you won't even notice the cone head. Could have the weirdest looking baby, and feet growing out of its nose...and ALL you will see is perfection. I promise :lol:

God designed us special like that.

Have fun shopping!!!

I will update my ticker officially this weekend after my surgery. Figured there was no need to show a ticker going UP, would just make me more sad. I stopped weighing myself, but I go to the doc a lot lately and they all weigh me, I just try not to look heh.

SECRET SANTA has been sent out. If you signed up and didn't get yours in your mail, let me know (some of you change your e-mail so much I never know which is current!).

Judy I wondered too, what is a BUTTER BURGER?!

There's a Culver's near my parent's house -- I may have to try it when I'm home for Christmas!! My Dad loves good burgers too!!

Paying some bills today -- hoping that will help the Migraine go away. Back later.