Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Wow, I missed a lot being offline for a few days.....

Heather - my sympathies. I cannot imagine what you are going through. ((((HUGS))))

Haydee - definitely red velvet!

I've gotten a few more calls from recruiters for full-time work, but then you never hear anything else. Very frustrating. Here in NC if you are on unemployment, you can earn a certain amount and still get your full payment, so I applied at Target and Walmart for 15 hours a week. Target called today and I have an interview on Friday. It's not much but $130 per week would help!!

Last Wednesday, my Mom had a car accident. Some lady pulled out in front of her to turn left. Mom hit the front of her car but didn't T-bone it. Mom's car was totaled, but she only had the bruising from the seatbelt. Very lucky!! So Saturday she e-mails that she bought a new car -- another Chrysler Sebring but this one has a larger sunroof -- it's a convertible!! I am laughing because she never opened the sunroof!! And a convertible in Indiana -- she's lost her mind..... She says, it has air conditioning. Ok, but what about heat -- you're gonna need that soon!! I am kidding, I'm glad she could get what she wanted.

Off to Curves.

Suzy - glad to hear that you signed on with Target. It's at least work until you can find something else!

What a day what a day....

So much work. I paused for 15 min to scarf something down and it's been non-stop ever since. I'm headed to my first cake tasting right now. Hope it goes well!

Mmmmm, cake. :eek:

I'm a good friend. So maybe I should help Haydee & taste some, too! Cuz' it'd be helpful. I know, I'll be in charge of tasting cakes here in Md, so Haydee doesn't have to travel to do it. I know, I know... so thoughtful of me. :)

:thumbup:

Good evening, Violets..

Loving Glee tonight.. and got to switch over and watch a bit of Modern Family. What a stitch that is too!

Choir was semi-ok tonight. Sure not the fun evening I used to have. At least I got to see Grady for a half hour. Gramma moussed his hair up a little bit.. ;o) He's such a cutie. Going to watch the end of Glee and then go read The Help for a bit.

Michelle... back away from the cake!!!!

I made some killer hamburger Soup today. The Bobster says it's the best I've ever made. I just threw in this and that and some spices and it turned out pretty darn good! I hope there is enough left for lunch tomorrow!

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well..

Good evening!!

I hope I am on your Christmas card list Laura!

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, post, call, text or something to somebody so we know you are okay. Oh wait, tomorrow is just Thursday.............

How is your son Michelle? Maybe I can save Haydee some money and time and do some taste testing here in St. Louis.

Going to fold laundry and some other things.

Oh wow, it's time to do secret santa.

I dropped the ball eh??? I am having deja vu, I coulda sworn someone brought this up and I handled it... must have been last year!!!

Ok, PM me if you want to join the list. Unless you moved since Last Christmas, or did NOT participate last year, you don't need to send me your addy. Just send me some likes and dislikes that are relevant to someone who would buy you something.

Get this to me by Oct. 21, that is when I will send out SS picks!

And my surgery is 23rd. I will have Russ text you guys if I'm not up for it.. but I should be fine, was a breeze last time.

I don't know why I thought it was this Friday! Just think extra long special thoughts mean WONDERFUL BAND REPAIR?????

It is raining again outside!!! We have had the most depressing weather the past few weeks!

Good morning, Violets..

Suzy...hope things work out at Target. Every little bit helps, right??

Janie.. yes, you brown the hamburger, drain off the fat and then add the Soup stuff. I put in beef broth, a large can of Tomato Soup and then veggies including cabbage. I add spices too, salt, pepper, marjoram, basil, parsley, anything that I think smells good.. lol

Glee was sooooo funny last night and so was Modern Family.

I have a rehearsal at 3, dinner out with the group at 4 and then playing for a college reception from 5-7. Looks like my afternoon and evening are planned.

It's really dark and dreary out right now. Leaves are all falling.. a typical Fall day in northern Michigan. It's 35 degrees right now. I just turned the furnace up to 65.

Off to find some Breakfast. Everyone have a great day. Will check back later.

Buenos Dias~

I don't have to teach today (or next Thursday) because of meetings at the district office. It is hard to be out of the classroom, but these little breaks are just that...breaks. It is nice to get away from time to time...less need for mental health days, and I Love Lucy.

Judy, Glee was great last night! I LOVE Jane Lynch...and still have a huge crush on the teacher. I need to see Modern Family, but will have to start that during reruns because we DVR GLEE and Law and Order SVU so we have to watch either one of those. USUALLY we are sleeping by 9 (but I stayed up to watch cause I didn't work out and have this meeting).

The hamburger Soup sounds good. Can u put the receipe on the thread. I am not very good at cooking and guessing. How much hamberger, broth, etc.

I will be sans puter today so don't have anything big go on w/o me! Or someone text me if something big happens.

I am 'cited about Santa coming!

I really like making Soup. I like putting stuff in the crockpot, and coming home and smelling it!!

Much busier this week and last. I think it was just a major slump. I hope.

I am wondering if we should do something for Sue leaving? Charlie still hasn't talked about it, which is really odd, because he is good for tmi, so I don't know what do you all think?

I love Modern Family and Glee also. I dvr both. Then last night I watched them in bed. I very seldom fall asleep watching tv, so it is a nice relaxing way to end the night.

Have a good day!!!!!!

Good morning ya'll!

Michelle and Jane - ya'll are such good friends! Volunteering to taste cakes for me, so nice!! Make sure you get a good variety and then send me your thoughts, LOL! love ya'll both, muah!

I love love love Glee and Modern Family both. Pam, you can't DVR two shows and then watch a third show? That's usually how we do it...

Laura - can't wait to see Carson's pro pics. I'm sure he was too cute! Can't believe he's already 6 months!

Judy - YUM! I love hamburger Soup but mine never comes out right. Please post the recipe and i'll try it this weekend. Do you put macaroni in yours?

Ok, the cake tasting was amazing last night. He brought me four pieces. One was white cake with French buttercream, one was lemon cake with lemon buttercream, one was Italian cream cake and one was chocolate with chocolate buttercream. OH MY GOODNESS they were all so good. So moist and flavorfull without being overwhelmingly sweet. And that buttercream! Pure butter! So good!!

I was ready to sign a contract right then and there but my mom convinced me to wait until I go to my second tasting tonight.

I'm so excited!

Oh and last night I called one of my aunts that had been asking me if I had found a baker yet just so I could tell her that I found one that I liked and out of the blue she offered to pay for our cakes! That was so wonderful of her!

My shirt that I'm wearing today is a maternity shirt and I didn't even realize it when I bought it. Now that I know I feel like I look funny.

Ethan is here for an hour while his daddy goes job hunting. Sure hope he finds something. This hit and miss with his job now is the pits.

Here is a link to another lapband "athletic supporter"..:thumbup: Choose the one that says Ex-NFL player tackles weight loss.

Today Show Video Player

I will post the Soup recipe, but just remember, I go by gosh and by golly on the measurements..

Off to watch Go Diego Go!!