Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

No twiddling here!! Didn't you hear? I have no time for twiddling lol. Carson knocking my Water over as I type..

Ahhh carson, bad boy...

Just got back from lunch and running errands.

Judy, glad to hear that at least the pastor's wife is concious of what's going on...

I'm supposed to be working... ahhhhhhh. I'm so ready to not do this anymore...

Haydee, are you gonna be a SAHM? I am sooo tired today. It is cold (not by Judy's standards, but by ours) I actually wore blue jeans today...on a TUESDAY! OH well, I am wearing a cute shirt too but was freezing yesterday.

One of my little VERY LIMITED ENGLISH SPEAKERS, Brian, always says, "Oh, yea...I tink so!" Well, yesterday, he said, "Ahhh Dr. Kxxxxxx, I wanna take a snap!" LMAO...(nap). Well...today, I wanna take a "snap" too!

I am making mushroom chic tonight mmmmmmmm! Chic breast, lightly browned in a bit of olive oil. Move chics to baking dish and bake at 350 for about 15 min. Sautee mushrooms and garlic in the same oil (may need a smidge more). Once they have cooked down, put mushrooms on tops of chics. Put cut pieces of mozzerella on top and bake for 15-17 min. OMG...it is sooo good. I serve w/ veg and a light Pasta on side.

Have a good night!

I couldn't be a SAHM.. Financially, we could live off Russ income but that means I'd have to stop shopping, and I am a shopaholic.. and I'd go restless. I just fill up my day, work, go home, get Carson ready for bed, put him down, clean, cook, clean, sleep..repeat. I LOVE weekends now.

You guys watching Glee like it? I am so in love with the music in it. I've been downloading songs on Itune.

I had 4 children and was never a stay at home mom. I think I would have gone crazy. I loved my job and we had a wonderful neighbor babysitter and of course the Bobster was able to be there to get the kids off to school, plus his mom and dad were able to babysit after they moved to Alpena. I don't feel I missed any major events with them and we would not have survived financially without my income. And now it's providing a nice pension and health insurance. I keep telling Kris she is blessed to be able to stay with Grady. Nathan makes 3X more a year than I ever did teaching, even after 32 years. And Laura, you're blessed to have Carson with you while you work.

I did laundry today and cleaned up the kitchen. Went to Penneys and got some shirts for me and Bob while they were on sale. Guess what... it was "snaining" when I was out. Snow/rain mix. It was little ice crystals when I got in the car. YIKES!!

Off to a rehearsal and the Bobster should be home when I get back. Haven't seen him all day!

Forgot to say, I love Glee, but this week, I'm going to be switching back and forth between that and Modern Family. I hear that's really good too. We don't have a way to tape anything so I have to make a choice or flip flop.

Modern Family is funny...

My favorite new shows this year are The Middle (hilarious) and Hank.

"The Middle" reminds me a bit of "Malcolm in the Middle"... it's got that off-kilter family thing going on...

DS's team won tonight, 4-2! Poor DS tho... as he was bending down to catch the ball, a kid on the other team barrelled into him cleats up into his face! DS was down on the field for a minute or so (always feels longer than that to me!), coaches went out, & when DS got up he told the ref that he wanted to stay in the game... ref said he could've -- except for the blood dripping off his face! Turns out the kid got him in the forehead but good! DS has 2 perfect circular cleat marks in his forehead, and then a small but deep cut slashing through his left eyebrow... & it's all swelling up now w/a black & blue left eye. Lovely! He'll wear it as a badge of honor tomorrow. (No stitches, just a butterfly bandage.) Kids!

Michelle, that sounds nasty!! Does he have a headache with it? Poor baby, sounds like ice cream is in order!!

I have been thinking of red velvet cake all day!! Sounds so good!!

sleep well everyone and have a pleasant tomorrow!!

Morning Violets~

Michelle...that does sound bad. I'd be crying fo sho'...but I think the black eye is gonna be cool. Take pix for us!

I've only read the first chap. of The Help. I love it...but need time to read it.

Yesterday, I brought in Cookies for my pm class of things you can "taste". I ate 2 cookies and practically went into a diabetic coma. OMG I was EXHAUSTED after. I came home and passed out on the couch for a bit over an hour. I then felt "drunky" for the rest of the evening from being in that deep sleep. Then couldn't go to sleep early because of the nap...so stayed up, then didn't wake up at 4:30 for the gym...ALL FROM 2 COOKIES AT 1PM!!!! F*^KED UP MY WHOLE DAY, AND PART OF TODAY!

So, no cookies today for me! Got a busy Wed., then a meeting @ 4 for the National Board Cert.

I made that mush chick last night...OMG that was sooo good. Having left overs today!

Pop in from work...make it a great day!

Good morning, Violets..

Lazy day here today. No Ethan and no meetings until 5 tonight. I have a couple of checks to deposit and have to get some dog food and tuna. Nice combination, eh?

Think I'll work on the living room today. I dropped my wireless mouse last night and the top flew off and I can't find it. Maybe if I do some real good cleaning it will show up.

Read some more of my book last night and am really enjoying it.

Hope everyone has a great day! Will check back later.

Good morning Violets!

Pam - sugar does that to me too... Makes me feel drunky... Oh and if I sleep in the afternoon it's all over for me. I'm thrown off schedule for at least 2 days... I end up staying up late, then get so tired the next day and then i have to take another nap to compensate and then again stay up late... and on and on...

Judy - dog food and tuna, YUM! he he he...

No, I would never be able to be a SAHM. We like our luxuries too much, LOL. We could probably do it now, since we have our rentals but #1 it would drive me nuts to stay at home, #2 if I stayed at home I would then be responsible for the whole house and everything. It would drive me nuts. #3 we would have to watch what we spend, and that would drive me nuts.

I am fortunate that like Laura I have my parents that own their own business and Juan's mom owns her own business. Once I start having the rugrats I will transition over to help each of them a few days a week and all the while be able to have them with me...

okay, i seriously need to get off of here and get to work... i'll be back...

Good morning!!

I think I might have to turn on the furnace soon!!

Wow, summer is gone.......... It is not as cold as Judy, but pretty cold.

Hope your son is better Michelle!!

Hope Heather is doing as well as can be expected!!

Lucky thing to have Haydee, you'll so appreciate it when you have the babies :) I couldn't imagine having him at a daycare right now, by time we get home from work he's in bed in an hour. I'd only see him an hour a day?!

Just got back from the fancy photographer. Oh my gosh, he did so good, he was laughing for her even through all the outfit changes.

One of the pics is him in a fuzzy blue elephant coat (has an elephant head hoodie) and a blue fuzzy diaper cover, and blue fuzzy booties... I think I'm going to make that my Christmas card this year.

We don't get to see them till next Thursday, but sometimes she gives a preview on her Facebook, so if I see them go up I'll show ya.