Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Good evening, Violets..

Finally, FINALLY all the concerts are done. Things went very well tonight. Some really good moments, some uh oh moments, but a really good concert overall. Attendance was really down from years past.

I have had a very good eating day today. Course I think all the stress at church is making my restriction very noticeable. I guess the stress is good for something. I had a little serving of mandarin oranges for Breakfast, a bowl of Russian Soup for lunch and some beef stew right now that isn't going down well. No snacking in between meals. Day one done.. on to day two!

Janie... little goals.. lots of support. SMILE, sista!!!! We LOVE you!!!

Anybody heard from Heather???? She posted on Facebook that she was very sad today. I hope she's ok.

Off to get my nammies on and get ready to watch Desperate Housewives... yes I DO have a tv and yes, I watch stuff like that!!! And I'm PROUD of it!!

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well!

Hey Judy, what is Russian Soup? Is it Borscht?

I don't have anything on my agenda tomorrow, just some phone calls and some financial stuff to get through. I was going to see "Fame", but realized that tomorrow is a holiday so the theatre will be more crowded. I will wait a week or so. This is the first movie that made me feel old. Am I old enough to know a movie that has been remade???? I worked at the theatre when that came out, I think?? Maybe I am old enough since I don't remember!! See here I go complaining again!!!! Anyways I really want to see what they did to make it 'new'.

I hope everyone has a good start to the week!!!

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

Pam, glad you enjoyed the weekend! Now back to the little angels... or do you have off today?

Judy, glad your concert went well... I bet your talents brought joy to those in attendance.

Janie, you're right... I was in HS when the first "Fame" came out!... I hadn't thought of it like that... hmmm... I remember how great the music was...

Haydee, Laura, Heather, Suzy, & everyone... make it a great day! It's a fresh, brand-spankin' new week -- make the most of it! :sad:

Good morning, Violets..

Off to the hospital for my shift. No work for Joe, so no Ethan today. I have some yardwork to do this afternoon and then a church meeting.

I used to watch Fame on tv. Loved that show.

Janie.. Russian Soup in this town is found only at the Chinese restaurant. It's a veggie soup with a slightly sweet broth.. absolutely yummy. Why it's called Russian, I don't know, but it's very popular.

A combination of the stress, restriction and a..ahem... release from Constipation and I'm down 2# since yesterday. My cruising friend who had the band says she loses about a pound a week. She's lost 85# now and if she can do it at 66, then I can certainly do it at 62. That would be age.. not anything else you're thinkin;!!

Hope everyone has a great day. Haydee, Suzyt, Heather, PamELa, Laura, Michelle... thinking about you all...(((hugs)))

Hey Girls~

I wish I were off Michelle! Weird how Columbus day is not a national holiday!

Jane, I can't wait to see Fame! That was one of my FAVORITE movies...my first R rated movie. I was 12, and my mom took me! I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. I still sing, I Sing the Body Electric in the shower!!

Kinda rough day yesterday. Have a long meeting after school from 3-5 for the Human Rights Commission. BlahBlahBlah!

I'll pop in from work!

xoox

Judy! Glad your concerts went well. Now that the holiday season starts you won't have anymore??

Janey - you take take your shitty attitude and bring it right on down to texas and it can keep my shitty attitude company. And while our shitty attitudes are keeping each other company we will be drinking frozen margaritas in the hot tub.... he he he...

My weekend was busy but wonderful. We had the most beautiful wedding on Saturday. The weather was perfect, the bride was awesome to work with, her guests were all so friendly and the party was easy. We placed candles everywhere and there was twinkle lights in all the trees. It was magical. I was so tired after working all day but it was worth it. Sunday was church and then we had our 40th anniversary festival at the church. It rained the whole time. I don't think we raised the amount of money we needed to have raised.

ok, i've tons of work, i'll be back later to chit chat

I need some help. My sister is turning 24 today and I have yet to get her a present. I'm running to the mall today but don't have a clue what to get her. She's pretty spoiled so she has it all so she don't need anything but still. She's my baby sister. Any ideas? Under $50 bucks. No clothes, makeup, perfume, lotions, shoes, or jewelry. She has tons of all that and her room is bursting at the seams...

LEAVE YOU?! Are you kidding?! You couldn't get rid of me if you tried :sad:

I am so busy, I don't know what's going on. A sales person was fired so the accounts were distributed, so I have a new load of folks.. and Carson doesn't nap well, he's like in permanent teething mode, with no teeth. He's slept through the night 3 nights in a row now, WOOWOO.

I go home, clean, cook, eat, sleep lately. At work (as I type this) I have Carson in my arms, so it's hard to chit chat much. I do read the thread daily though!

Today we go to Sears for his normal 6m pics.. and Wed. we go to get the froo-froo 6m pics. I don't think he won baby of the month, I saw them list some of the contestants for baby of the year (botm winners), and he's not on there!

Thanks for the try though :sad:)

Ok he's squirming, have to cut it short!

Hello everyone,

My weekend has been insanity and I will probably be offline for a few days. My father passed this weekend unexpectedly from complications due to a long illness. I will be going out of town tomorrow.

My friend told me last week that bad things come in threes. So this weekend I have also had a financial issue where my checking account was overdrawn because breakfast on Wednesday morning at Bob Evans involved the waitress running a $3,003 tip on my debit card. This morning my son leaves for school and calls me 10 minutes before school starts saying that I need to come and get him because he sprained his ankle. I am not superstitious by any means . . . but there have been three things right after she said that, what a fluke.

My life is so crazy right now I can hardly think straight. I think it will be better once I am able to get together with my family.

Oh Heather, I so sorry!! Prayers to you and your family. I'm sure it was a shock to you even if he had been ill for some time. You never, ever are prepared for your parents to die.

Did you get the $3,003 straightened out? That's outrageous!!! I sure hope it was an "honest" mistake by the waitress.

Hope your son is ok also. Take care of YOU during all this.

I'm so sorry Heather about your father...

the bright side is with the rest, if that's true about the 3's, your 3's are over!!!!

Haydee, get her a gift certificate. OR, if you have time to wait, you can buy a star for folks.. I got Russ one a few years ago for his b'day. It's just a cute gift for someone who is hard to buy for! International Star Registry: Name a Star | A Unique Gift for All Occasions - Buy a Star Name Today

Oh wanted to rant about the oddities of family. Russ family is weird like my dad's family.

My g'parents, when I was having my baby shower---they travel all the time (his parents). Every year they go to Florida for the winter, and Minnesota for the summer, with weeks here or there in town. They WILL come back to town for dentist & doctor appointments--even Survivor finale (we watch it together).

Anyway, my baby shower was Feb 29. They came back from Florida for the season the NEXT DAY (March 1).

Well, she said they couldn't come home ONE DAY early, because they paid for the full month. Seriously????

So, my cousin is having her baby at the end of the month (Due Oct. 24). Keep in mind, my g'pa is one foot in the grave, he's kind of a zombie. He's got parkinson's, he's deaf, and he's mean. My g'ma is still very active. Anyway, this is her 3rd grandbaby (My bro, me, and now my cousin--cousin's first baby as well). They are suppose to head back to Florida next Sunday. Like the 18th? So she made the comment yesterday, she hopes the baby comes a week early. I said, why don't you guys just stay one week till it comes so you can meet him (honestly, they may not get to meet him if they don't). And she said, "We paid for that week already, we have to go". WHAT?! Then I said "Well are you going to come back to see him when he's born?" (They come back for other silly stuff), and it's 6 hours away. She said "Oh no, that's too far of a drive just to see him". Really??? They are SO WEIRD. Reminds me of Russ' family. As she says it outloud, I am shocked.. and she doesn't think anything of it.

I need some help. My sister is turning 24 today and I have yet to get her a present. I'm running to the mall today but don't have a clue what to get her. She's pretty spoiled so she has it all so she don't need anything but still. She's my baby sister. Any ideas? Under $50 bucks. No clothes, makeup, perfume, lotions, shoes, or jewelry. She has tons of all that and her room is bursting at the seams...

Get her a gift card to a book store. She could stand to read more, right? I LOVE those!

LEAVE YOU?! Are you kidding?! You couldn't get rid of me if you tried :sad:

Good...I wasn't gonna let you go anyway.

QUOTE]

Hello everyone,

My weekend has been insanity and I will probably be offline for a few days. My father passed this weekend unexpectedly from complications due to a long illness. I will be going out of town tomorrow.

/QUOTE]

Heather, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Please keep us posted on everything...hugs and prayers to you honey! xo

Just got my revision scheduled for next Friday.

I finally got the guts to ask parents for a loan. Mom said, it seems like a waste if the next baby is goign to mess it up too--I said yeah, BUT there may not be a next baby if I don't fix it. I'm gaining and gaining, and I was infertile before. She said she wondered that too. So I asked dad if they'd help me, he said go ahead and get the surgery scheduled and I can pay him back monthly. If/when it breaks again, post-2nd baby, I'll swap to the sleeve.

8am is preop, and 10am is surgery. So glad to be moving the right way again. Should definitely help with this funk I'm in!!!! I have so many clothes in my closet waiting for me to lose weight, I'm glad to think about wearing them again.

Heather I am sorry to hear about your father and the bad luck. I think the three things are over for you!! Lots of hugs and violet vibes as you get through this week.

I looked up Fame and it was in 1980. I also LOVE the song Body Electric!!! I played it so much on my record player I wore down that part of the album!! Record players? Normally I would say that shows I am old, but since I am trying on a new attitude, I will say wasn't I lucky to have different options in my life???

Russian Soup in a chinese restaurant?

Haydee I would love to sit in your hot tub and just relax and have frozen margs. I still have a bottle of tequila and mix at home!! YUMMY!!! I think I overdid the limes the last few batches, they started out okay and then they were too acidy from the limes. But, they were still good.

Okay need to run some errands..........