Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Thanks PamELa.. yeah, that's kinda what I thought. And it is the knee. Not as bad as it was before the cortisone shot, but certainly not as good as right after. The nurse asked if I got any relief from ibuprofen and I said I used Tylenol arthritis meds. Then I got to thinking maybe the ibuprofen would help, but not if it isn't recommended for lap banders. I'll have to go see my doc in late June to see about knee replacement. Not looking forward to that..

Ouch Judy!!

I take Advil all the time....................

Forgot what I was going to say....................

LOL, Janie.. sleep on it and it will come to you!

Everyone have a good night. Sleep well!

Watching the ending of Project Runway. Keeping my fingers crossed for Seth Aaron...

ahhh, feels so good to have a minute to come in here and chat...

i'm so sorry about carson laura. poor baby! I know lots of kids with tubes, they are quite common nowadays. i dont know how invasive the surgery is though...

judy - im the same as you. i do do do and see very little results now. sometimes i wonder if this is just where my body wants to be?? i lost a little bit while doing bootcamp this past month. but the time was killing me. i was dying with those 430 am mornings.

heather - your son is so handsome! i remember doing those school projects where we would film ourselves! they were so fun. hows ayla doing? did she turn one yet or?? i dont remember...

pam - i'm sure you have a million things to wear in your closet! and they're all nice! i remember sleeping with them! LOL

michelle - i'm so happy to hear mo is a happy cat now... oh and you're good if you walked out of a mall with a teenage girl and spent less than a hundred bucks!

jane - sorry that your shoulder is giving you trouble... i banged my shoulder up getting into my car and i had a huge bruise on it for days... how are things going with charlie? has your business started picking up?

suzy! so glad things are chugging along with you and gia... is she adjusting to having rules?

well i went to go do a fitting for my dress today. when i put it on it just slid right up no problem. i was so surprised because last time i struggled to get into it even when it was completely uncorseted. so anywho, i'm all thinking that the freaking 5 lbs i lost made a huge difference. i was so happy and the lady is corseting me in and it just falls beautifully and fits me perfectly and i'm grinning from ear to ear... then the main seamstress comes into my room and asks me how i like the fit and did i notice she had let it out a little bit. :/

here i am thinking it was my hips had shrunk, LOL.

so anyways, i was extremely happy with the results. you can't even tell where she let it out. it falls on my body exactly where it's supposed to. and i feel good in it. it feels so good on.

after my fitting my mom and i went to the spa and had a facial and a microdermabrasion done. my face feels so soft!

i met with my DJ yesterday and he did a rough sketch of how the layout is going to be for the reception. he made me feel like everything is going to turn out fantastic.

oh and monday we went and bought my mother in laws dress. its beautiful and she looks gorgeous in it.

we bought all the liquor already. crown royal, rum, tequila, vodka, whiskey, convousier (sp?) Then lots of beer. Miller Lite and XX. Bought cranberry juice, pineapple juice, mango juice, lemon juice. Coke, sprite, squirt, diet coke, orange soda. Hmm, what else? I think that's it.

I'm thinking about putting list of available drinks at each bar inside a nice frame. Maybe list the alcohol available and then maybe 5 mixed drinks? like vodka/cranberry. That's the only one i have so far, ha ha ha... Jane, what other combos can I put together and what are they called? I want to put the name and then what it has underneath.

ok, it's 10pm... i better get to bed now... talk to ya'll tomorrow!

Haydee I will get a list together and email you!!

Judy, after last week that woman called that boy that she won over almost a bad name I hope she loses BIG time!! That was sooooo wrong!!

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. Or maybe this is just not my year. I was really hoping that w/April came a new start. Ack!

Mo. Stupid, stupid cat! He's an indoor cat, who likes to try and sneak outside, mostly in the Spring & Fall. Well, now that he's feeling so spry, he tries all the time, and has gotten out a few times. Usually he just goes out the garage door and then walks around to the front, then sits on the porch by the front door waiting for us to see him through the sidelights and then let him in -- so adventurous, right?

So last night when the boys got home from soccer, Mo got out, unbeknownst to anyone. Around 10pm when dh was going up to bed (he's riding in a 100-mile bike ride today, ugh!) he spies Mo outside, let's him in, checks him to make sure he doesn't have any ticks or bites or anything, he's fine. A few minutes later we hear this Gosh Awful SCREECH! It's like a really high-pitched kack (for lack of a better word). We fly into the kitchen to find Mo trying and trying to dislodge *some*thing from his throat... he's licking his lips, coughing, sneezing, and then making that sound. Even dd woke up & came down as she was scared by the sound. (DS sleeps like a rock.)

He can breathe, and is walking around, isn't meow-ing, so I don't think he's in pain... just something is stuck in his throat -- the *other* end of the end I spent all my $ on this winter!

So I stayed up with him 'til 1am... I was trying to think of what I could give him that might lube it up... I did butter & his medicine... didn't work. I tried massaging his throat/belly (I was thinking "kitty heimlich"). So finally we ended up curling up on the couch and he fell asleep. That's when I went up to bed, thinking all was well.

Until 5am this morning when that screech pierces the silence of the house again! ARGH! So I leap out of bed & come downstairs, and he's still trying to get rid of whatever it is. Sooooo... guess who's going to the vet first thing this morning & guess who doesn't have time or money to deal with this... Mo, & me, in that order.

Oh yeah -- good morning, Vi's! :(

Edited by mdrai

Oh Michelle..... you and Mo have such difficulties together. Hopefully he will finally hack it up before the vet.

M @ the vet... of course now he's acting fine... just like my kids when they were little... as soon as i'd make the app't, suddenly they'd feel better... ugh.

Hey Girls~

Michelle, you have a way w/ words...I loved reading your post, it was just like being there!

Wishing Mo and your wallet a easy day!

I am taking the day off....aaaahhhhhh! BUT, my stupid smoke alarm has been chirping all night. :(:(:( Not happy about it, and can't really fix it. Sus is gone to PHx. I have 10 ft ceilings...and she fell off a ladder this week, so we had the long talk about not standing on ladders when we are alone. As if I would...it is WAY up there...and I am not good on ladders at all.

I also have to go into PS to take care of friends dog today. I said I would on Monday when I didn't know I'd be off today...but I promised. It is Stef's dog, Oscar. Oh well...

OK...be back later! Make it a great day! xoox

Good morning, Violets..

Michelle.. Just one word for Mo... NO'MO!!! Hope the vet can figure out what's wrong.

Today is mulch day yet again. Bob is getting 10 more bags and that should finish off the backyard. Then it's on to the front yard. We've gone through 42 bags of mulch so far. The front shouldn't take as many. Tomorrow we are going to a nursery to see what plants to get. I have 70 Morning glories started and have to bring them in each night as it's getting down into the 20's . Hopefully they won't get too big before I can transplant them.

The Bobster, Joe and Kris's father-in-law are going golfing today and I'm watching Ethan while they go. I'm guessing it's going to be another Veggie Tale day. He LOVES David and the Giant Pickle.

Just finished tuna and toast for Breakfast. It's going down slow. Will wait a bit and then take my Tylenol.

Off to get dressed. Hope everyone has a great day. Be good to yourselves.

Well I didn't mean to post that, but it really does a lot for effect doesn't it!! Invite a friend over. My balance is bad so I have my friends change light bulbs, batteries etc....

Guess what I bought for Houston last night? A travel toothpaste! Of all the things I need, I buy toothpaste!

Michelle, hope MO is fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, still haven't finished Project Runway, know who won, but after seeing all the outfits, I think Emilio had the best, but I turned it off at the part where he made a really ugly face when the judges were complimenting Seth Aaron. First Mila then Emilio. I will see what the judges say at the end.

I am off to work! Yay! (Really?)

Left mo @ the vet for xrays... he didn't seem to concerned about his throat, but hr found a lump in his abdomen that he thinks might b cancer! M gettting my hair done as I type... Bbl.

Ok, under the dryer while my hilites lighten...

So, the vet said the lump is big... if it's poop again, they'd have to go through the whole routine of sedating him, enemas, etc like they did before. I said no, we can't keep putting him thru that every 3-4 months, especially when I'm spending almost $100 a month on meds + special food & fighting to give him the meds 3 x/ day.

Then the vet said that it didn't feel like poop, that it felt more like a tumor. So this is bad news for Mo either way.& for me, having to make the decision. Dh is off biking somewhere.

So... good thoughts, please. I m so worked up about all this, + I m sure the 4 hrs of sleep isn't helping.

Ok, I m cooked. Time to remove the foil!

Judy- I'm listening to Biscuits of Zazzamarandabo (VT) as I type this hah!

As for Aleeve, that is fine. Motrin is an NSAID. NSAID's are terribly acidic and can erode your stomach if it sits in the pouch (lick the coating off of an advil and taste it and you'll understand hah hah, ugh it's horrible, don't really do it LOL). I do take NSAID's sometimes, I have RX ones that are like horse pills and time release.. they are bad bad, I made that mistake once. Now if I need one, I take Advil--I actually take mine on an empty stomach and drink a whole bottle of Water to make sure it washes on through.

I have made the mistake of taking it at night before bed, and it wakes me up all night puking acid. So there's that.

Carson got up at about 11:30 last night, 10m after I just fell asleep (he is so good at that). He was up till 2am, wanting to PLAY. We brought him to bed with us after many attempts of rocking back to sleep. He wouldn't just watch TV he wanted to dance, smack, grab, claw, etc. all over us.. so no sleep. At 2am I finally decided he could do all this in his own bed.. and sure enough, I tried rocking him again--he wasn't having it, so I put him in the crib and within 2m of shrieking he was asleep.

My sister had tubes and my aunt had tubes multiple times with no success and had to end up having some other surgery. I never had ear problems, but I know the problems THEY went through and it was no good.