Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets - Part 5!

Happy Lucky Day!!!

Pam, I didn't address one of your questions--picking out a spagh. squash. I've not found how to tell if it's "ripe" or whatever, I just buy whichever one has least amount of scratches on it (and sometimes I don't have a choice) and they all turn out the same. Only thing is small or big, and it's how much you want.. bigger they are, more you get out of it! The smallest I've ever seen are still plenty for 2.

Top of the mornin to you!!

My motivation is slipping...........Slow day, three people again!!!

Oh well, at least I have 3!

Have a good one!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to try to find it and make it over spring break! We LOVE squash...and w/ a marinara, it tastes like a Pasta right?

Yeah I love squash too, but there's really nothing squash about it when you cook it into stuff. It's just a texture, like Pasta, doesn't have much of its own taste when it's put with a sauce.

People I got around here to try it have experimented on their own, but my biggest suggestion is don't treat it like spaghetti (don't put a pile of it on your plate and then put sauce on it), I have figured out that the best way (IMO) is to mix it with your sauce--whatever sauce you use, so it's all well mixed.. and then bake it for a certain amount of time to make it firm up. Kind of like a spaghetti casserole if you've ever had one. And in a pinch, I have just mixed them together (sauce and squash) on the stove (I always make sauce from scratch, I figure you do too) so just add the squash to the sauce and let it get good and melded.

Although I have seen a lot of recipes where you just cook it, put evoo on it and crumble feta on it and add diced tomatos, like an anti-pasta salad (isn't that what it's called). I don't think that would be good though.

I'm home!!!! We had a great time on our trip. Can't wait to share pics with ya'll... I've gotta run to get some lunch in me but I'll be back later this afternoon... kisses...

Good evening!

Glad you had a great time Haydee!!!!

Okay, really putting off some tasks I need to do by writing this. I am easily distracted!!!!!

Okay I am off to get some work done!

Hey Girls~

AAAAHHHH bunky boards!!! What a difference that was. Bunky boards go on top of a platform bed and support the top mattress. We were w/o one until last night and it made a HUGE difference. I literally limped into work on Tuesday. We slept so good last night. I am exhausted and could use a few more good hours.

Today is my last day of prednisone. I'll be very sleepy the next few days, but am glad to have that gone. THANK GOD FOR THE BAND. I was starving but couldn't get food in, lol!

Long day for me. I have a meeting at 6 and TONS to finish on my National Boards!!!!! Then I'll get a pedi at 4pm. Sad to be away from home all day!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!

pop in later...xoxoxo

Good Thurs Morn, Vi's~~

It looks like we -- me, dd & ds -- will be going up to the ILs tomorrow. DS has two soccer games in northern NJ on Sat, so we'll go up tomorrow, stay w/ILs, spend time w/MIL, go to games on Sat, then home either Sat eve or early Sun morn, as DS has a 6-hr soccer ref recertification course on Sunday. Phew.

The kids both want to see MIL... well, they do and they don't, they are naturally nervous, and really, who likes to go into situations where you know you're going to be so sad and mad and crying? No one. But I am proud that they have decided to go... I told them that I wouldn't make them go.

As I am naturally a optimistic person, altho it's being tested a bit recently, my heart is warmed by some of the positive moments that are coming from this situation... reconnecting with people with whom we've fallen out of touch, the outpouring of love for MIL & family, seeing compassion in action, watching my children mature and choose difficult over easy, to name a few.

Everyone make today the best it can be! <3

Michelle, that is very nice and touching what you said! It is a shame that it takes a tragedy for some people to reconnect etc....

I have a fairly busy day today. I am freaking out about money and where it is going to come from! I raised my prices effective on Tuesday so that should help.

Oh well, things work out one way or another!

Have a good day and enjoy your bunky boards Pamela!!!!

darn it... i dont know what i hit and i made my screen shut down and therefore lost my post... i need to cut my nails soon...

okay to begin again...

michelle - my love is always with you. I'm so sorry your family is going through this... Will continue to keep all of you in my prayers...

Today was my first day back at work. Though it was hectic I still managed pretty well. I still have vacation afterglow so nothing is fazing me right now... just going with the flow... It'll get hectic again by this weekend though. two wedding on saturday. wow. but i'm ready to take everything on...

Vacation was great. Us ladies didnt do much but lay out by the pool or lay out by the beach. The guys stayed busy the whole time... Gold, football, tennis, horseback riding, kayaking... It was one thing after another.... Juan would come by my chair a few times a day and give me a kiss on his way to some other activity... That was fine by me... We got up late then played UNO till all hours. The parents usually went to bed early... But everyone was happy and relaxed the whole time...

Can't wait to post pics!

Who loves this daylight savings? It's 630 pm, I just got home from work and the sun is still shining bright! I'm gonna go get dinner ready and then go for a long walk with juan.

We are at the 2 month mark and we got serious about our food intake and excersice now. I had salad and grilled chicken today and that's about it. I'm gonna make a chicken caldo for dinner. I joined a bootcamp! 5 days a week meeting at 515am. I've got a dress that I bought a year ago that I want to wear to my bridal shower but it's a size 16 and it's about 4 inches too small right now. I'm hoping to fit into it by april 10?

I'm dreaming, LOL... But it's a good goal to try to get to...

ok, off i go to get dinner on the table... everyone have a great night!